Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 9: The love triangle between Ami, Ryou and Malik happens all over again ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Wow, what a long period of writer's block. Anyway, this is Chapter 9. Read and Review!

Disclaimers: Nothing here belongs to me, except for Prowler.

Chapter 9: The love triangle between Ami, Ryou and Malik happens all over again

################################################################ ##########################

There was a pregnant silence as the three walked out of the ice rink. Ryou was still cradling Prowler who had fainted in his arms.

Ami and Yami were talking quietly to each other, most probably about their next plan of action.

Just then, Prowler woke up and whispered, "Hime?" the said girl immediately took the wolf cub out of Ryou's hands and stroked the undersized dog.

"You shouldn't be up." Ami chided the cub.

"Hime, I'm tired." Prowler whined. The blue-haired girl sniffled a giggle as Prowler dropped his head in her comforting arms.

Looking down at the sleeping wolf cub, Ami let out a gentle smile as she carried him like a baby.

"Will he be alright?" Ryou suddenly asked, his voice somewhat soft.

"Yes, he just needed some rest." Ami answered him, her voice growing gentler with him around.

Yami looked at the two and shook his head mentally. He had no idea what happened between them in this timeline, but he knew the two were very deeply in love in the past, well on Ryou's side that this.

Then, he frowned, their romance did not bloom until… that incident. Yami's eyes widened in realization, Malik was another of Ami's suitors back then. In fact, the blonde royal guard was obsessed with the Mercury no hime. However, when Princess Serenity killed him right in front of Amelia, the princess was so overcame with grief that she refused to leave her room for almost an entire week. During this time, Ryou was with her, lending his presence as comfort.

"Could it be…?" Yami wondered. "That Amelia was actually in love with Malik, and Ryou was only a substitute?"

"You know Yami, you really shouldn't voice your thoughts out loud." Yuugi's teasing voice sounded through their mind-link.

"Yuugi!" Yami protested, blushing hard at being caught.

The shorter teen giggled. Yami glared mentally at his hikari lover. "Laugh again and no goodnight kiss tonight." He threatened. Yuugi immediately stopped laughing.

"Fine." He grumbled and shut off the connection.

At this point, Yami was well aware of Ami's smirking face in front of him.

"Argument with my little cousin?" she inquired, with a teasing glint in her eyes.

Yami growled at her, "Shut up." He hissed.

"Ouch, touché." Ami grinned.

Yami shot her a glare, "Shouldn't you be taking care of Prowler, instead of worrying about me?"

Ryou shook his head dramatically at the two arguing friends. Deciding to play peacemaker, he stood between the two and ordered a time-out.

Breathing a sigh in relief, Ryou sweatdropped at the back of a fast-paced Yami who was obviously heading back to the Game Shop.

Ami sweatdropped along with him, "Do you have a feeling that we're being set up?" she asked.

Ryou nodded in agreement, "You and me both, Ami. You and me both."

Taking a deep breath, Ami said, "Ryou, I think we…" she blushed as she did not know how to continue.

"We definitely got off the wrong spot." The silver-haired boy agreed.

Ami nodded. "We really need to talk about our situation."

Ryou agreed, "Yeah." Then his eyes twinkled, "And I know just the place."

Taking her wrist, Ryou pulled Ami along with him, Prowler still cradled to her free arm.

################################################################ ##########################

Fifteen minutes later, the trio entered a clearing surrounded by bushes. Ami's eyes widened at the trinity it presented.

Turning to him, Ami stammered, "How in the world did you find this place?"

Ryou just gave a shrug, "Found it by chance."

Ami blinked, "Oh I see." She muttered.

Looking down at Prowler, Ami commented, "He should be able to recuperate here."

"That is, if you don't mind." Ami finished, looking at Ryou for permission.

The said boy shook his head, "No. Besides, you're right, this is the perfect place for him to recuperate. "

"Thank you." Ami replied, sighing in relief. Placing the sleeping wolf on the soft bed of leaves, Ami settled down beside the peaceful cub and stroked his back.

Ryou smiled at the gentle princes who once stole his heart. She was still as gentle and kind to animals as before, he thought.

Giving Prowler one last pat, Amy stood up from her kneeling position and said, "I appreciate your offer, Ryou-san."

The silver-haired teen winced, "San? Since when did they become so formal?" he thought.

Ryou replied, "Ami-chan…"

The blue-haired girl shot him a glare, causing Ryou to shrink.

"Gomen ne." she apologized and fled the scene, leaving a bewildered Ryou Bakura behind.

Ryou blinked, "What was that all about?" he wondered.

Prowler mentally sighed at the proceedings, "Great, misguided lovers, just what I need." He thought.

################################################################ ##########################

After five minutes of running, Ami gasped for breath as she panted. She hated her predicament right now, being stuck between two guys, namely Ryou and Malik.

"Screw Destiny." She muttered.

Taking a quick look at her watch, the girl gasped, "Oh no! I'm late!" with that, Ami took off yet again, this time in the direction of Ishizu's museum.

Almost thirty minutes later, Ami arrived at the museum's entrance. Stopping to catch her breath, the blue-haired genius steadied herself, tidied up Malik's schoolwork and calmly stepped in.

Ishizu raised her eyebrows at the girl and asked gently, "What's your purpose, young one?"

"Schoolwork, for your brother." Ami answered.

Ishizu nodded and got out her chair.

"Follow me." She instructed, gesturing Ami to follow her. The said girl went silently behind the older woman.

In Malik's room, the said blond was peacefully resting on his bed, still recovering from the drain the day before.

Ami looked into the room and at the sleeping teen. Ishizu smiled mysteriously at the girl, before walking off, leaving the two alone.

Ami heaved a sigh. Walking towards his desk, the genius silently placed the stack of papers on the table. She was about to leave when a soft voice stopped her.

"Ami?" Malik inquired weakly, due to his condition.

The girl turned back and faced the awakening Egyptian.

"You shouldn't be up, Malik-san." She chided him.

"Ami, I've rested enough." He insisted.

Amy rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat, "If you insist."

Malik's attempt at getting up failed miserably, until Ami pulled him up and assisted him to a chair beside his desk.

Malik winced at the amount of schoolwork he had missed.

"Damn, I hate school." He muttered.

Ami surpassed a giggle, "Really Malik?" she teased, mischief sparkling in her eyes.

Malik blinked hard at Ami's mischievous look and gulped nervously.

Turning serious, Ami got out of her teasing mode and the tutoring session begun.

Almost three hours later, Malik finally wrote the last word of his Physics paper and he heaved a sigh in relief.

"You're still loathing Atemu, aren't you?" Ami suddenly asked.

Malik stiffened at the mention of the former Pharaoh's name.

"Yes, I still loathe him." He replied darkly.

Ami's eyes flashed angrily, "You don't know Atemu!" she exclaimed, standing up and slamming her hands on the table.

Malik was taken aback by her sudden outburst.

Composing himself, he retorted, "And pray, what do I not know about him? All I know is that because of him, I have this!" He stood up beside her, pulled off his shirt, and bared the tattoo on his back at her.

Ami's eyes widened at the markings on his tanned back.

Her eyes softening, "Then forgive and forget." She suggested.

Mailk's eyes widened in shock. Redressing, he turned to look at her in disbelief, "What?"

Amy gave him a meaningful look. "Malik, how long has this feud been going on?"

"Almost twelve years." He answered.

"And how long had Atemu died?" she continued to ask.

"Around five thousand years ago." He replied.

"And when the Pharaoh's era end?" she pressed.

"In 30 BC." He answered.

"Then what are you still bitching about?" she asked.

Malik gave her a `huh?' look.

"The reason why your father was insistent on this ritual was that he never knew the Pharaoh's era ended a long time ago. You tomb keepers live in the underground for so long that you were totally detached from the world. And what if you defeated Atemu and gained the three God cards? The Pharaoh's era will never come back." She reasoned.

Malik blinked some more, before catching her drift and what she really meant.

Sighing, he nodded. Then, he asked, "What will happen to, well,…"

"Don't let future generations suffer because of this meaningless ritual. End it while you can." Ami advised.

Malik was surprised by her words of wisdom. Then again, she has always been the wise one.

"Thank you, Ami." He finally said, his vengeful soul finally snuffed out by the words of wisdom from the Mercury no hime.

Ami nodded in relief, "Don't mention it. Besides, the past is the past, don't dwell on it. What we must anticipate now is the future."

"Pearls of wisdom coming from no other than the Mercury no hime." Ishizu commented from her brother's door.

Malik turned to look at his sister, "Evening sister." He greeted.

Ami gave the older woman a nod.

"She's right, though little brother." Ishizu said, coming in to join the duo.

"You mean you agree?" Malik inquired skeptically.

Ishizu nodded, "True, the Ishtars have been tomb keepers for as long as the Pharaohs existed, but there are some rituals that are considered outdated in today's context, and the tattoo ritual is one of them." She finished.

Malik's anger flashed at his sister, "Then why didn't you stop father?"

Ishizu, however, remained unfazed. "Father had the authority at that time little brother, and you know how he is."

Malik nodded grimly, their father had insisted on a fraternal role, no females were allowed to speak unless spoken to.

"Right now, we live for the future and don't dwell on the past." Ishizu commented seriously.

Malik nodded in agreement.

Sensing that the discussion was over, Ami let out a satisfied smiled and retreated silently.

################################################################ ##########################

Once back at the Game Shop, Mr. Motou blinked when a blue blur rushed upstairs. It took a moment for him to realize that that blur was Ami.

Half an hour later, Solomon Motou hollered from the bottom of the staircase, "Dinner!"

Three `Hais' were heard as the three teens scrambled down for dinner.

"So, Ami, why were you so late?" Mr. Motou asked his granddaughter.

The said girl blinked for a moment, and answered, "I had to bring Malik's homework to him."

Yami looked at his old friend in question, "What happened to Ryou?"

Ami turned an icy glare at him. Without saying anything, she stood up and went silently upstairs.

Yuugi, Yami and Solomon blinked.

"You hit a soft spot, Yami." Yuugi noted.

Yami nodded, "Guess I did."

Back in her room, Ami flopped on her bed, sighing.

"Kuso." She let out a rare curse. Choosing between two guys, she mused warily, my life sucks.

Better finish up homework. She wondered. Getting up, she turned on her light and continued where she left off.

Meanwhile, Ryou had already gone back home, and was preparing dinner, when Bakura stepped into the kitchen.

"She's been ignoring you." The silver-haired yami said.

Ryou's face twisted into a wince.

"Not really." He lied.

Bakura snarled, "Likely story."

"Onii-chan, just drop it." Ryou sighed.

Bakura snorted, "Fine." And left.

Ryou sighed once more.

Flopping on a chair, the silver-haired hikari muttered, "Ami-chan."

Pulling off the necklace that still held the tear-shaped vital. Placing it carefully on the table, he contemplated his choices. One thing is for sure, he could not bring himself to drink it, for deep in his heart, he knew he still loved her.

In the mean time, Malik was having dinner with Ishizu, just as past memories flooded back.

Ishizu looked worriedly at her brother, "Malik?" she questioned.

The blonde Egyptian shook his head, "I'm fine, just past memories." He explained.

Ishizu frowned, "Be careful, little brother. The battle for Princess Amphitrite's heart is harder than you expect."

Malik nodded, "That I know. It was a hard case of one-sided love on my part."

Then, he finished determinedly, "But I'm not going down without a fight."

Ishizu nodded, "So it is."

################################################################ ##########################

SailorStar9: That is Chapter 9. Read and review!