Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 7: Another battle ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the anime mentioned in this fic.

Chapter 8: Another battle

################################################################ #############################

After finishing up her homework, Ami excused herself from the Game Shop and headed towards the ice rink.

There, she slipped on her skates and started gliding. By then, a small crowd had gathered around the outer rims of the rink, hoping to catch a glimpse of the newest skater in town. She ended her glide along the rink side with a twirl to the ground right in the middle of the ice rink.

When she ended her warm-up routine, she was awarded by an appreciative applause from the audience. Ami looked around and blushed. She had not expected to have a crowd around. Moments later, the crowd dispersed, leaving Ami alone.

The girl sighed in relief. She was not used to being the center of attention. Ami was about to skate off, when a low voice sounded beside her.

"I didn't know you skated, Mizuno-san." Ryuji Otogi commented, his green eyes sparkling.

Startled, Ami turned around, only to see Ryuji Otogi behind her. She gave out a small `epp', before losing her balance and skidded to the ice floor.

Offering a hand to her, the creator of Dual Dice Monsters pulled her up.

"Arigato, Ryuji-san." Ami whispered, getting up and dusting herself.

"So, what's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?" Ryuji Otogi asked.

"Skating." Was Ami's curt answer, before she glided off.

Otogi mused, "She's definitely a rarity. Most of the girls would normally fall for my charms. Interesting."

As Ami skated away, she frowned. Otogi had been flirting with her ever since she entered school. Even though she had given him subtle hints that she was not interested, he was still hitting on her, much to the disgust of the three cheerleaders that always tugged behind him.

Turning her back, she did a backward glide, before leaping in the air and did a triple spin. She landed gracefully on her right foot, her left leg raised to her waist level. Then, she lowered her left leg and crossed it with her right. At the end of it all, she skidded to a stop at the edge of the rink, before exiting from the ice rink all together.

A low rumbling from the rink was heard. An "Eternal Mercury Power, Make Up!" and a light show later, the blue-haired genius was replaced by her alter-ego, Eternal Sailor Mercury.

Before long, Eternal Sailor Mercury stood at the edge of the ice rink, just as a youma appeared from the middle of the rink.

Eternal Sailor Mercury gasped, "An ice youma?" she questioned in her head. "Iie, I can't possibly beat my own element," she thought.

In a dark corner, Zoisite was grinning. Using an ice youma against Mercury was a brilliant idea. There is no way she could defeat her own element. His kurozuishou at hand, Zoisite poured in more dark energy into the youma, increasing its power.

Using a `Shabon Spray' to temporarily confuse the youma of ice, Mercury produced her compact computer and started to find a weakness. What came up shocked her when the end result was a red warning that splashed across the entire screen, that said "No weakness'.

"Nani!" Mercury exclaimed. "No weakness!?"

"Hime!" Prowler came running into the scene.

Eternal Sailor Mercury smiled in relief at the shrunken wolf cub.

"Hime, I need to transform!" Prowler exclaimed.

Eternal Sailor Mercury nodded and held up Prowler's gem. The wolf cub leapt into the air, his head connected with the gem.

"Prowler, guardian beast of Mercury, I command you to return to your true form!" Eternal Sailor Mercury shouted.

The gem shone on Prowler's forehead and as a gust of icy winds picked up from beneath the wolf, Prowler transformed onto its full form. Seconds later, a majestic Frost Wolf appeared. Standing on his four legs, Prowler howled threateningly.

"Any one who dares threaten the life of the Mercury-hime will face my wrath." Prowler roared.

Leaping in the air, Prowler let loose an `Icy Winds' attack, but to no avail.

"Nani!" Prowler exclaimed, disbelieving.

The youma stepped forward, looking very intimidating to the Frost Wolf. Its tentacles wrapped around the Frost Wolf, squeezing the life out of Prowler. Then, it threw Prowler against the rink wall, as if he was a rugged doll. Prowler slammed against the wall and landed with a sickening `thud'. He tried to keep his eyes open, but found himself losing conscious. Seconds later, his head drooped and Prowler fainted, his gem falling from his forehead.

Zoisite smirked, this was too easy. He commanded the youma to dispose off the wolf cub and get the gem. His Queen needed all the powers she could get her hands on. The youma responded and proceeded to grub the gem, when an ice arrow whizzed passed him, knocking the gem away from its grasp.

The youma turned towards the intrusion. Eternal Sailor Mercury held an ice bow in her hands, as she mounted another arrow.

"I am your opponent." She said calmly. "Leave him alone."

The youma grunted and headed towards the ice senshi.

Before she knew what happened, Eternal Sailor Mercury found herself entangled in the web of the youma's tentacles. As the tentacles started to surround her, blurring her vision from the world, Eternal Sailor Mercury felt a tentacle reaching for her broach.

"Iie." She thought, "I can't let it end this way."

Suddenly, she was released when Yami fired a `Mind Crush' at the youma.

Eternal Sailor Mercury was immediately dropped to the ground. She nodded her thanks and picked up the bow she had dropped. Mercury knew she had to henshin another level up in order to summon her sword.

Taking advantage of the distraction, Mercury powered down, before advancing into her Universal form.

Forming a ball of energy in her hands, Universal Sailor Mercury summoned the ice bow. Mounting an arrow on the bow, she took aim, not at the stunned youma, but at the sky. Upon releasing the arrow, she shouted, "I call upon the Ice Phoenix!"

An ice Phoenix appeared from the sky and landed on her wrist with one leg. Pulling that hand in front of her, Universal Sailor Mercury then continued to shout, "Ice Phoenix, Power Up!"

Energies swirled around the Ice Phoenix, and formed into a sword. (A/N: Akazukin Chacha anyone?)

Grabbing the sword, Universal Sailor Mercury leapt into the air and brought the blade down onto the youma. However, the blade did little to faze it.

Growling deep in her throat, Universal Sailor Mercury used one of her finishing moves. Slamming the sword blade onto the frozen ground, she had screamed "Eight Dragon Field, Arise!"

Eight Ice Dragons appeared from beneath the ground, before rising up, cracking the entire ice rink and finally taking full form. Spiraling together, forming a beam of raw energy, it shot through the youma's body, totally disseminating it. Universal Sailor Mercury collapsed on her floor, with only her sword supporting her.

Zoisite growled in anger and frustration, his Queen would not like this.

Meanwhile, Yami, who had been standing on the sidelines, was by Eternal Sailor Mercury's side, when she dehenshinned back into her mortal form.

"Are you alright, Amelia?" Yami asked, using Ami's formal name.

The weakened girl nodded silently. "How's Prowler, Atemu?"

"He fainted." A soft voice told her.

The two turned to see who had spoken.

"Ryou." Yami replied, acknowledging the white-haired hikari. Ami just smiled weakly at him.

"You're in pretty bad shape, Amelia." Yami commented.

Ami raised a brow at him, "You call this `in pretty bad shape'!? I've been in worse than this."

A question mark appeared on Yami's head. Smirking at her old friend's puzzled look, Ami shut her eyes and allowed the Sapphire Suishou to heal her.

A flash later, Ami was healed and as good as new.

Standing up, she surveyed the aftereffects of the battle. The entire rink was demolished, save the audience seats.

Ami anime sweatdroppped, "That's why I hate battling in enclosed areas. The surroundings never held on during battling." She muttered.

"We need to get out of here." Yami hissed. The other two nodded and the three headed off, but not before Ami cast an illusion spell over the wrecked rink.