Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own any of the anime mentioned in this fic.

Chapter 7

Zoisite appears

**************************************************************** **********************

Ami was back in her room, thinking. "Damn, you Bunny. Why did you, out of all people, have to betray us, betray me, your own flesh and blood?"

"Ami, if worse comes to worse; you'll have to kill her." Luna commented.

"Luna, you know I can't bring myself to do it, not with Bunny as my cousin." Ami replied softly.

Luna nodded in agreement.

Ami's past mother, Queen Mercury, was once Princess Arty, the younger sister of Queen Serenity. She and King Hermes met during a ball, and it was love at first sight for them. Truth to be told, Princess Arty was the destined Guardian of the Stars, and not Queen Serenity. With that, she was able to enter the Astral Realm, where she could communicate with the High Council of the Gods, when nobody could. When the princess was born, the Queen took her to the Astral Realm, where the Gods gave her a special power, a star power that was hidden inside the Mercurian princess until the need arises.

Thus, upon the betrayal of the Moon hime, the long-forgotten star power was released, resulting the formation of a more powerful Mercury. Queen Serenity had already knew this, but she kept quiet, knowing that if her daughter knew this, she would do whatever it takes to force the star power out of Mercury and claim it as her own.

The Gods were kind enough to play along with the `little' game. They had known that although Mercury was the weakest warrior in terms of strength, she was the most mature among the inners. That star power they had given her was only meant to be used under extreme circumstances.

Ami blinked back her tears. Wiping them off, she changed and headed down to the library.

Once in the Medical section of the library, Ami went through the entire row of shelves, before selecting a couple of books she needed.

Sitting down on a table, she did not notice that someone else was there.

Ryou had heard the chair shuffle beside him. Without turning his head up, he watched the person with the corner of his eye. He mentally gasped when he saw that it was Ami, the one whom he loved back in Ancient Egypt, and the one who betrayed him. Shutting his eyes, he went back to his reading, pretending that he did not know that she was there.

A crumpled note was tossed to him. Opening it up, it read, I know its you, Ry, no wait, I've lost the privilege of calling you that ages ago. About why I did what I did, I can explain. Gather your things and meet me outside, in the heart of the forest. I'll be waiting. ~ Ami, your former girlfriend from ages ago.

Ryou frowned, there he was, trying to ignore her, and there, she knew he was there and tries to patch things up? Re-reading the note, Ryou sighed. It was better he saw her, besides, she did mention something about an explanation.

//You sure, little brother?// Bakura's voice sounded in his head.

//Yes, onii-chan. She does own me an explanation after all.// Ryou replied back.

//She hurt you, little one. I won't let her do it again.//

//I know. She did hurt me once, but knowing her like I do, she has her own explanations.// Ryou argued back.

Bakura sighed. //Fine, but don't come crying back to me after she breaks your heart again.// he said, hissing on the word `again'.

At that, Ryou spirited into the forest. Once he reached the forest heart, he stopped in his tracks, seeing a tear-stricken Ami, looking down on the forest floor.

His eyes hardened "Why, Amphitrite? Did you have to erase my memories?" he questioned harshly.

"I had no choice." Was the soft answer.

(Warning: major OOC-ness here)

"No choice!" Ryou exclaimed. "There's always a choice."

"You don't get it, do you?" Ami asked softly.

"No, I don't. Please enlighten me." He replied, sarcastically.

"I can't let what happened to Malik, happen to you." She replied.

"What does Malik have to do with this?" he asked.

"Serenity killed him!" Ami screamed out, rivers of tears afresh on her face.

Ryou blinked hard, first in confused then in realization.

"She killed right in front of me! I had to watch as she stabbed him right in the heart and slowly bleed to death!"

"Oh my god, I didn't know." Ryou answered softly.

//Are you buying this?// Bakura questioned in Ryou's head.

"//It's true, onii-chan. Remember when we found Malik, dead in his pool of blood and Amphitrite was on the floor, sobbing? // Ryou argued back.

//Humph, she could have killed him.// Bakura replied.

//She wouldn't, big brother. I'm sure of it.//

//Bah, feelings are weak, little brother. I hate to see you go gaga over a planetary bitch like her.//

Ryou frowned, //Bakura, I've gone through this many times with you. There's no way you can control what you feel. And you'll have to stop being so protective.//

//Sorry, little brother, but you're the only brother I have. I can't help it if my protective streak comes up.//

Ryou sighed and cut off the link.

"And you know something? Marik never forgave me." Ami said bitterly.

Reaching into her blouse, Ami pulled out a tear-shaped vital. Tossing it to Ryou, she said, "If you want to forget about me, fine, drink this. That is the `Frozen Feelings' potion. Once you consumed this, you'll forget any feelings you had for me."

With that, she walked past him. Then she turned her back, "I'm giving you a week to decide. And don't waste it because that was the very last gift Minako gave me." She said with a small smile. Then, she turned back and walked off, leaving Ryou standing in the middle of the forest, looking down at the rainbow-colored liquid in the vital.

**************************************************************** ************************

//Once back home//

Ami ran up to her room and slammed the door shut. Flinging herself onto her bed, she started sobbing. Handing Ryou that vital was the hardest thing she had to do in her entire life.

"Ami, I know this is hard for you." Luna said, jumping on her bed, consoling the distressed girl.

"Luna, you don't know anything!" Ami screamed. "You have your own perfect boyfriend, whom you marry in the future, while I'm darn struck with two guys who are in love with me." She cried.

"Ami…"

"And their older brothers hate me with a passion for what I did to their little brothers." Ami replied bitterly.

Luna raised her brow, "Marik (spelling?)?"

"Serenity killed Malik right in front of me, while I stood there, helpless." Ami explained.

"What happened?'

"Bunny had her minions restrain me while she stabbed Malik. Luna, I was so helpless." Ami wailed.

"Oh my god, I never knew Usagi would do something like that." Luna exclaimed.

"You should, Luna, whenever any of us Inners had a mission, Serenity would do anything to screw it up for us, especially me. I have no idea why she hates me so much, but all I can say is, the feeling is mutual."

"And you know what, Luna?" Ami asked.

"What?"

"I hate her even more after what she did to Setsuna."

Luna raised a brow, "What does Pluto have to do with this?"

Ami looked at the Lunaian advisor, "You mean you forgot about Endymion and Lady Setsuna?"

Luna frowned, "Of course, I haven't forgotten. Pluto betrayed the Princess's trust."

"In what, sleeping with Endymion? You forgot something, Luna. It takes two to tango. Knowing Setsuna, I seriously doubt she would anything if Endymion hadn't put any moves on her." Ami argued.

Luna was silent, unable to argue with her logic.

"And the weird thing is, Setsuna was the one who got punished, while that Endymion goes off scot-free."

"That's because Prince Endymion denied any attractions he had for the Lady of Time." Luna replied.

"And you believe him!?" Ami screeched.

Luna could not reply.

"Now you see, Luna. Queen Serenity had always sided on her daughter. She condemned Setsuna to the Time Gates without even hearing her side of the story." Ami retorted.

"Wait, how did you know all this?" Luna questioned, puzzled.

Ami smiled bitterly, "Ever wondered where the heck I'd been after that mission on Ancient Egypt? I grew distant from the Inners and friendlier to the Outers. Haruka was like my over protective sister, Michiru was like my older sister, since ours were sister elements, Hotaru was like my little sister and Setsuna was like my mentor." Ami answered her own question.

Luna blinked, "And here I thought Usagi was close to the Outers."

"Apparently, you thought wrong. End of discussion."

"Ami?" Luna asked suddenly.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love him?"

"Who?"

"Ryou."

Ami paused for a moment and thought for a while.

"I don't know, Luna." Came the answer.

Luan raised an eyebrow.

"I was so absorbed on my mission at that time, that I didn't have time to really take notice of them."

"Meaning Ryou and Malik fall in love you, but you took no notice?" Luna screeched.

Ami winced and nodded.

"Impossible." Luna muttered.

"Hey, I'm the senshi of Wisdom, not Love, Luna. You don't really expect me to fall for anyone in sight." Ami protested.

"Oh yeah, I forgot, you were the logical senshi." Luna replied.

"I think I'll take that as an insult."

"Ami, whenever matters of the heart come in place, you don't analyze it with your head, you trust what your heart says." Luna advised, gently.

"Thanks, Luna." Ami whispered.

"I take it you gave the vital to Ryou." Luna stated matter-of-factly.

Ami nodded.

"Why?"

"My story is nothing like Serenity and Endymion, Luna. I don't intend to keep Ryou by my side just because of an ancient curse. (A/N: Yeah, I refer the reason why Serenity and Endymion remained together, an ancient curse.) The past is the past and the present is the present. Right now, he is free to choose who he likes." Ami replied.

Luna nodded, no wonder Mercury was the most mature senshi out of the Inners, she mused.

**************************************************************** **********************

//The next day//

Yuugi and Ami walked together to school. In Homeroom, the two cousins noted that they were not the only ones present, Jonouchi was there as well.

Noticing that the two cousins had stepped into the class, the blonde immediately went forward and apologized to Yuugi for treating him so lowly for the past weeks.

Ami blinked, surprised at Jonouchi's sudden change, while Yuugi happily hugged his best friend.

/Pluto, I don't think you have anything to do with this, do you?/ Ami mentally asked the Time senshi.

/Actually, yes I do./ came the answer.

/You revived his memories then./ Pluto gave her the mental nod.

/Fine./ Ami replied back and shut down the mental link.

After hugging his best friend, Jonouchi turned to Ami. "I'm sorry, princess. I didn't know it was you." He said.

Ami waved it off.

"Jonouchi, don't call me princess. I already left that title behind when the Silver Millennium collapsed." Ami replied.

The blonde nodded. Just then, the bell rung. The three separated and went back to their seats.

The teacher announced there they had a new student.

Zoisite stepped in.

Ami frowned, "What the heck is he doing here?" she thought, clenching her hand into a fist. Zoisite was assigned to sit behind Ami. Walking to his seat, Zoisite snarled at the scout, "Long time no see, Mercury." "Zoisite, we'll settle our private scores later." Ami hissed back. "Fine, senshi." Zoisite retorted.

After that, the two enemies ignored each other completely and the lessons continued as usual.

**************************************************************** *******************************

During lunchtime . . .

Ami had long excused herself from Serenity's (Jonouchi's sister) circle and walked to the school rooftop. Zoisite was waiting for her.

"Let's get straight to the point, Zoisite. Serenity sent you, didn't she?" Ami questioned.

"You're right, as always, Mercury, my Dark Queen sent me." Zoisite confirmed.

"To do what, finish me off, or determine my power level?" Ami continued.

"You talk too much, senshi. "Zoisite growled. "Prepare to die." He was about to fire an energy ball at the defendless Mercury, when Dark Neo-Queen Serenity's voice sounded in his head, "Zoisite, enough, I said to test her powers, not kill her."

"Yes, my Queen." Zoisite replied back.

Hissing at the ice scout, "Consider yourself lucky, that my Queen called me back." He said. Forming a black portal behind him, he stepped through and was gone in a flash.

Ami sighed as she walked back to the circle; she had lots pf explaining to do.

@@@@ Back to Serenity's circle of friends @@@@

Yuugi quirked a brow at his cousin. "Where were you?" he asked.

"I had to settle something." Ami replied.

Everyone raised their eyebrows in question.

"Don't ask." Was the curt answer.

The day went by without any interruptions.

@@@@ Once back home @@@@

Ami flopped onto her bed, exhausted.

Luna looked at her, worriedly.

"Something wrong?" she asked.

Ami nodded, "Zoisite is here." She replied.

Luna was in deep thought, "If Zoisite is here, then that means Serenity has somehow resurrected the generals."

Ami nodded, "My thoughts exactly."

**************************************************************** **************************

SailorStar9: This is chapter 7.