Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ A Past Reawakened ❯ Chapter 6: A little history between Ami, Ryou and Malik ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Come on people, vote. I can't continue writing only battle scenes. I need some romance here. Obvious pairing in this chapter: Yami/Yuugi.

Current voting status:

Ami/Ryou: 1

Ami/Malik: 0

Ryou/Ami/Malik: 0 (No voting for this. I'm using this for the plot.)

Disclaimer: Nothing here, expect for Prowler and the plot, belongs to me.

*************************************************************** ***************************

Chapter 6

Upon reaching home, Ami placed the shrunken Prowler into her room.

Luna came in just in time to see the reduced-sized wolf.

"Prowler?" she questioned, raising a brow.

The wolf cub nodded sheepishly, "It's been a while, Lady Luna."

"Prowler, how many times do I have to tell you, don't call me Lady. I'd left that title when the Silver Millennium ended." Luna chided the over-polite wolf.

Ami chuckled.

"Not funny, hime." Prowler pouted.

"Fine." Ami answered. Turning to the black cat, Ami said, "Luna, Serenity's back."

"And she's turned to the dark side." Luna finished.

Ami nodded.

"And the proof?"

Ami tossed the medallion on the floor.

Luna took a glance and immediately she knew it was from the Moon. The magic signals and the symbol said it all.

"Lady Luna, how's Lord Artemis?" Prowler asked.

Luna death-glared at the wolf cub, displeased with his use of her formal title, before answering, "He's fine. He's at Isis's place."

Prowler nodded in acknowledgement.

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. Raising an eyebrow at the blue-haired senshi, Luna gestured her to open the door.

Yuugi pocked his head in.

"Ami?" he asked meekly, "Can you come in my room for a while?" he requested.

Ami nodded and followed Yuugi back to his room.

Once in his room, Ami looked form the blushing Yuugi, who had sat at the edge of his bed, to the highly amused Yami, who was standing against the wall, arms akimbo.

Ami let out small smile.

"I take it you'd entered the `Forbidden Memories' room." she replied, clearly amused at Yuugi's reaction.

Yuugi nodded shyly.

"Still a shock to discover what you meant to Yami here." Ami stated, surpassing a giggle.

Yuugi turned a darker red.

"So, Yami, what's your reaction?" Ami asked, turning to the deceased Pharaoh.

"I had a gut feeling about this. The moment Yuugi completed the Millennium Puzzle, I knew it had to be him." Yami replied.

Ami nodded and smiled. The past Yuugi was Yami's lover, or what we would call, the Pharaoh's prince. By the time she had appeared in the palace, the two of them were well on their way of getting married. However, Lady Luck was not shining on them. In the midst of getting prepared for the marriage, a whole lot of things chopped up, forcing the Pharaoh to postpone the wedding time and again.

Yuugi was not very pleased, but, being the patient one like he was, he waited. The whole time, Ami was by his side, consoling the distraught boy. By and by, the two formed a sister-brother relationship. Yami was not quite pleased at first, but when he finally understood the real relationship between his prince and the ice warrior, he discarded the palace rumors about them.

"So, Ami, how's your love life then?" Yuugi suddenly asked.

Ami almost facefaulted.

It was Yami who answered, "She didn't actually have a love life, considering the fact that she was struck between two guys."

"Struck between two guys?" Yuugi exclaimed.

Yami nodded.

With a devious smile plastered on his face, Yuugi asked, "So, who were the lucky ones?"

"Ryou and Malik." Ami answered.

"Ryou, I understand, but Malik?" Yuugi asked, unbelievingly.

"Hey, he wasn't that bad, during that time." Ami countered.

"Oh, getting protective, are we?" Yuugi teased.

"Har, har, very funny." Ami replied, sarcastically.

"I don't get it, what was your role there?" Yuugi asked.

Ami took a deep breath and replied, "At that time, I was ordered by Queen Serenity to investigate the dark magic she felt. Given the fact that my parents had connections with Ancient Egypt, I was naturally nominated for the job. Yami and I, we sort of knew each other since we were children. Although we never really grew up together, we were childhood playmates until I reached the age of six. My parents had decided that I was too old to be playing, so they took me home for extra tuition. I never got to see Yami for another eight years."

"You were fourteen?" Yuugi confirmed.

Ami nodded.

"By the time I saw him next, he had grew up so much that I could hardly recognize him. You were by his side, so I kind of figured out your relationship." Ami continued.

"But what has it to do with Ryou and Malik?"

"Long story with a very depressing ending." Ami summarized.

"Oh." Yuugi's expression fell.

"I don't think I want to know." Yuugi replied.

"In that case, I'm going back." Ami said, raffling his hair.

"Hey." Yuugi protested. Ami left and shut the door.

Once back in her room, Ami found that Luna and Prowler were gone, a note clearly stating where they were.

Opening her window, Ami allowed the wind to blow away her stray strands of hair, while she reminisced the past between her, Ryou and Malik.

She had met Malik first, when she was in the palace grounds, pretty lost. Over the past eight years, the palace had expanded and changed tremendously. So, there she was, in the middle of nowhere, still figuring out where to go.

Malik had noticed her wandering around aimlessly. Deciding that she was an intruder and threat, he had attacked her. Ami was lucky that she learnt had self-defense before arriving on her mission. Therefore, when Malik attacked, she had avoided off his attack and slipped out of sight. By and by, she finally found herself in the throne room, where Yami was sitting on the throne, with Yuugi by his side.

Bowing respectfully before the Pharaoh, Ami knew it was not time for old friends to be re-acquainted. Stating plainly what her purpose was, Ami explained what she was there for.

Yami nodded at his old friend, before elaborating that the dark magic Queen Serenity felt was the Dark Games, which had manifested, over the past two years.

Ami frowned. She knew what the Dark Games were and how dangerous it was if it was used indiscriminately.

Just then, Malik burst into the throne room, reporting of an intruder. The three who were present in the throne room glanced at the panting palace guard. Malik gasped when he saw Ami. Pointing to the ice warrior, Malik had told Yami that she was the intruder he was talking about. Yami, however, waved it off, and told harshly Malik that Ami was an esteemed guest.

Malik immediately apologized for his mistake. Yami frowned and was about to sent him for punishment, when Ami stopped him. Explaining to Yami that Malik was only concerned about his safety, Ami further told Yami that she had already forgiven Malik for attacking her. Yami nodded and dismissed Malik away.

Clapping his hands, Yami had instructed some maids to take Ami to her resting chambers. Nodding her thanks to her old friend, Ami retreated to her resting chambers.

Turning her thoughts to Ryou, Ami blushed slightly. She had a brief fling with him during that time, but she broke it off before it got serious. She knew she had to, before Dark Serenity figured out their close relationship and uses it against her. Like what she did with Malik. Ami frowned at that. Over the past few months she had been there, it was very obvious that Malik had `a thing' for her. However, at that time, Ami was not in the mood for romance, so she ignored her two suitors completely. Painstaking, Ami had erased Ryou's memories of her.

Ami blushed a deeper red at the memory of the silver-haired palace gardener. When she descended from Mercury to take up her mission, she had not expected her heart to be stolen as well. She had met Ryou on one of her night garden walks. At the time, the dark powers were troubling her so much that she could not sleep. Ami found out that after taking a night stroll along the garden grounds, she was soothed enough to go back to bed. She did not know why, but for some reason, the moonlight gave the palace gardens a more mysterious glow, making them more beautiful compared to the daytime.

Ami had sat down by the side of the pond she favored. Then, she began to sing softly.

Hold on to the dream, tomorrow knows where and when

It's true -- what you believe, don't let go, the road will never end

The sunset melts into the deep blue sea and turns a crimson shade

A wonderful freefall

In the midst of her song, the water creatures in the pond had gathered, as usual, around her, listening to the water princess's melodious voice.

I just want to have the wind to take me far away

I cleared impossible hurdles before

But I know that there's more

And I know I can make it

Who's to blame when it's not the best

That I can achieve?

Hold on to the dream, tomorrow knows where and when

It's true, what you believe -- don't let go, the road will never end

Keep trying to believe, the biggest part of you

And now you're ready to go

When her song ended, Ami heard a soft applause behind her. Startled, she turned around sharply, only to be met with appreciative hazel eyes.

"Did I startle you, young lady?" he asked.

Ami nodded.

"My apologies then. But, I have to admit, your voice was beautiful." He complemented.

"Thank you." Ami replied.

"This isn't your first time in these gardens, is it?" he questioned.

Ami looked surprised. "Yes, it isn't. But how did you know?"

The male chuckled. "I've been tending to these gardens almost every night, young miss. Nobody, except me, come out this late at night."

"May I be so bold as to ask, what is your name, young lady."

"Amphitrite." Ami replied.

The male's eyebrows raised in surprise, "As in Princess Amphitrite of Mercury?"

Ami nodded in affirmative.

Shocked, he knelt down, "Please forgive my ignorance, Your Highness. I have no idea."

Ami stood up and went forward. As she got closer, Ami could see that the male was a boy, no older than herself. His silvery-white hair glittered under the moonlight. (A/N: Anyone who does not know who the guy is deserves a bonk on the head.)

"Please, get up." Ami requested. "There's no need for formalities."

"But. . ." he protested.

"I insist." Ami replied.

"Thank you, Your Highness." He said, standing up.

Smiling gently, Ami said, "I've told you my name, young sir. It should be fair that you told me yours."

Slightly taken aback, the boy slightly blushed before replying, "Ryou Bakura. Everyone calls me Ryou."

"Impressive." Ami replied, looking around. "I can see why Yami chose you to tend to his gardens. It's much livelier than I last left."

Ryou nodded, "The Pharaoh is good at picking out experts in a particular field."

"The gardens are beautiful at night, aren't they?" Ami asked softly.

"Yes, they are. Especially on a cloudless night and a full moon, like tonight." Ryou agreed.

"It's getting late, Your Highness. May I escort you back to your bed chambers?" Ryou asked politely. (A/N: How the hell did he know where Ami's bed chambers are is beyond me.)

Ami nodded, giving him her permission.

Walking on the stone path, Ryou had asked what kept Ami up that late. Ami replied that she could not sleep. Releasing her hand, Ryou had requested Ami to stay where she was, before heading back to the gardens.

Moments later, Ryou came back with a small bunch of lavender in his hands.

Handing them to her, Ryou said, "These will ease your sleep, Your Highness."

Ami nodded her thanks.

Upon arrival at the entrance of the wing where her bed chambers were, Ryou bowed and said, "I must depart, Your Highness. It's improper for a male to enter a female's resting chambers."

Kissing the back of her hand, Ryou said, "Goodbye and good night, Your Highness." With that, he took off, leaving Ami standing.

After he was gone, Ami looked down at the hand he had kissed and blushed.

Retreating back to her bed, Ami wondered, "Was this what Minako meant?" that I would find my One during this mission?"

//Flashback//

Queen Serenity had ordered Princess Mercury to appear before her. Kneeling down in front of the Queen, Princess Mercury waited for instructions.

"I understand that your parents have dealings with Egypt." Queen Serenity commented.

Princess Mercury nodded, "Yes, they do." She answered.

"Good. I have a mission for you. I want you to go down to Egypt to investigate something for me." Queen Serenity instructed.

"Do you sense something, Your Highness?" Princess Mercury asked.

Queen Serenity smiled, "Inquisitive as always, Princess Mercury. Yes, I sensed something, child." Then she frowned before continuing, "Dark magic."

"I understand, Your Highness. I'll try my best." Princess Mercury replied.

The Moon Queen nodded and dismissed her.

Once out of the Court, Princess Jupiter immediately went up to her best friend, followed by Princess Mars and Princess Venus.

"Ami, what did the Queen want to see you about?" Princess Jupiter asked.

"I'm going on a mission, Makato." Princess Mercury replied.

"Where?" Princess Venus questioned.

"Egypt." Was the answer.

"So, she felt it too." Princess Mars commented.

"Yes, she did." Came the soft answer.

"When?" Princess Jupiter asked.

"In three hours."

"Girls, may I borrow Ami for a while? I have something I have to tell her in private." Princess Venus requested.

The other two princesses nodded and departed, leaving Wisdom and Love behind.

"Spill, Minako. What is it that you want to tell me?" Princess Mercury asked, impatiently.

"Okay, Ami, look. I know we don't usually associate love with you. But trust me on this one. You'll find your One during this mission, Merc. Trust me, okay?" Princess Venus pleaded.

Princess Mercury rolled her eyes, "Venus, let me get one thing straight. Love and me don't mix." With that, she strolled off.

"Ami, you have to believe me on this one." Princess Venus hollered after her retreating back. But, by then, Princess Mercury was beyond hearing range.

//End of flashback//

At that, two trails of tears rolled down her cheeks. Wiping them off, Ami sniffled and blew her nose.

"Crap, after all these years and I still haven't forgotten him." Ami muttered.

*************************************************************** ****************************