Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ My Happy Ending ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Happy Ending
 
Saturn's Spawn: Imagination is a wonder and terrible thing for me. (Sighs) this is a Setsuna/Dartz story that I have been thinking about for a while.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Yu-Gi-Oh.
 
Chapter 1
 
Outside a rather large house, it was raining…and hard. Inside, three people were watching the movie when a clap of thunder was heard. On the couch, a sandy-haired blond who was clad in an oversized black t-shirt and a pair of loose jeans, wrapped her arm around an aquamarine haired beauty who was dressed in a white blouse and a knee-length blue skirt.
 
On the floor sat a younger girl, with shoulder-length raven locks, around the age of twelve clad in a black sleeveless turtleneck and a black knee-length skirt. Hugged close to her body was a large pillow.
 
The movie was a horror movie which wasn't the best choice on a raining Friday evening. Quietly, the woman on the TV crept quietly through the ominous as she prepared to slowly open what seemed like a forbidden door when all of a sudden…
 
KNOCK! KNOCK!
 
“I'm coming!” a rather husky voice said with annoyance in her tone because they were getting to a rather scary scene.
 
The blue-eyed sandy haired blond opened the mahogany doors to find the wet figure of a woman with long forest green hair. Her bangs obscured her garnet eyes as the strength in her legs gave way before she fell to her knees.
 
“Setsuna!” the blond cried out. She dropped to her knees to shake the tanned woman's shoulders.
 
“Haruka…” in the rain, it was almost near impossible to see that the one named Setsuna was crying.
 
“Set—” the aquamarine haired woman gasped as she saw Setsuna on the ground crying, “Hotaru, go get a towel out of the closet.”
 
Said person nodded as she ran in search for a towel. Haruka helped Setsuna out of the rain and placed her gingerly on the couch while placing Hotaru's pillow under her head.
 
“Setsuna, what's wrong?” Michiru asked with worry evident in her eyes as she helped release Setsuna's bun. Then using the towel that Hotaru found, she began drying her hair.
 
“Setsuna?” Hotaru meekly crawled over and embraced the woman who was almost an older sister to her, “Setsuna, why don't you tell us what's wrong?”
 
“Hotaru, why don't you go upstairs and rest.” Setsuna said hollowly as she turned over to rest on her side with her back facing the others.
 
“But—” Hotaru was interrupted when she felt Haruka's hand on her shoulder. She looked over her shoulder to see Haruka shaking her head. Sighing, Hotaru stood up and sauntered to the stairs.
 
“Are you going to tell what's wrong?” Haruka asked.
 
Slowly, Setsuna began to sit up with her hair still covering her eyes and tears rolling down her face, “He…he…said he never wanted to see me again.”
 
“WHAT!” Both Michiru and Haruka exclaimed at the same time.
 
“Setsuna, why would he say he never wanted to see you again?” Michiru questioned softly as she sat on the edge and began to stroke Setsuna's hair.
 
“I…I don't know,” was the response.
 
“Do you want me to go and knock some sense into that bastard?” Haruka asked while cracking her knuckles.
 
Shaking her head, Setsuna looked up slowly revealing red puffy eyes, “But, Haruka, Michiru, that's not the worse part…”
 
“Then what is it?” Michiru asked.
 
By now, Setsuna burst out crying on Michiru's shoulder, “I…I'm carrying his child!” With wide eyes, the two looked at each other and then back at the crying Setsuna.
 
At the Same Time
 
A man of twenty-one walked haphazardly into the small college dormitory. His hair seemed to be an unnatural hue of ocean-blue in contrast to his abnormal amber eyes. He was dressed in a pair of jeans accompanied by a gray shirt.
 
“What's wrong with you?” asked the nonchalant voice of the first person's roommate. In response, all he heard was a grunt coming from the disheveled male, “You're drunk, Dartz.”
 
Said person only grunted again before incoherently retorting, “Obviously, Raphael.”
 
Sighing, Raphael helped his friend into bed. `I wonder what happened.'
 
Dartz found himself staring at the ceiling in his room, `Why, Setsuna? Why did you betray me? I thought I loved you.'
 
Back with Setsuna
 
“Are you sure that it's his child?” Haruka asked as Setsuna finally regained some control; enough that she stopped crying.
 
Setsuna glared at her friend as she hissed “Of course it's his!”
 
“Just making sure,” Haruka said as she waved her hand franticly in front of her. Sighing, Setsuna placed a protective hand over her abdomen. Michiru knelt in front of her and smiled weakly, “We'll help you take care of it.”
 
Leaning back, Setsuna returned her smile, “Thank you.” As the two turned and left her alone, Setsuna found herself thinking, `It's just going to be you and me, little one.'
 
FIVE - YEARS - LATER
 
See-through curtains allowed sunlight to penetrate the darkness of the room signifying the start of a brand new day. Quietly, the door to a rather large burgundy themed room opened to reveal the form of a small year old girl. Forest green hair framed her tan face complementing her amber eyes.
 
She was dressed in a small red shirt accompanied by a pair of black shorts. Her white socks contrasted greatly with the deep maroon carpets.
 
“Mama!” a small four year old girl shook her mother who responded by pulling the covers over her head, “Mama! I'm hungry!” shouted the same four year old girl. Innocent amber eyes blinked once, then twice, and then twice more before she decided to climb on the bed.
 
“Mama—” before she could continue, her mother pulled her down and began to tickle her mercilessly.
 
Laughing until her sides hurt slightly, the little girl then pounced on her mother and started tickling her.
 
“I give up!” the woman cried out in defeat. Smiling slightly, Setsuna looked down at her naive daughter. “What would you like this morning, Sayuri?”
 
The four year old girl furrowed her brows trying to pass off the most serious expression a four year old could have, “I want… pancakes!”
 
“Then pancakes it shall be, Sayuri. Just let mommy get ready,” said Setsuna as she slowly stepped on the carpet and headed towards the vanity across her bed. Clad in nothing more than a button-up business shirt, she sat down tiredly and picked a brush and began to brush silken locks of forest green.
 
After brushing her hair, Setsuna sauntered towards the walk-through closet and pulled out a white sleeveless blouse along with a black knee-length skirt that hugged her curves. After applying make-up, Setsuna deemed herself ready and walked downstairs to find her daughter with a small white apron and a little chef hat on her head.
 
Laughing slightly, Setsuna pulled out the flour, “Well, are you ready, Chef Sayuri?”
 
“Hai!” Sayuri chirped cheerfully.
 
A Half of an Hour Later (and twenty burnt pancakes)
 
“See, Mama! I told you we'd get sooner or later.” Sayuri declared as she chewed on one of the pancakes that was not burnt.
 
Sitting across her, Setsuna smiled at her daughter. In between them was an empty chair. Often, Setsuna would sometimes see a man with blue-green hair and abnormal amber eyes sitting there. When she realized that she was thinking of HIM again, she sighed and turned garnet eyes towards her daughters, `Kami, she looks so much like him.'
 
“Mama, is something wrong?”
 
Shaking herself out of her thoughts, Setsuna heard her daughter's question and replied, “No, Sayuri.”
 
Accepting her answer as any other child her age would, Sayuri smiled and finished her breakfast, “What are we going to do today?”
 
“Well, how about a visit to the park today?” At the smile that lit up on her daughter's face, Setsuna couldn't help but smile herself. After their breakfast and cleaning the dishes, Setsuna and Sayuri prepared grabbed light jackets due to the warm temperature today.
 
Slipping on a pair of comfortable shoes, the two were out of the house in no time. Pausing slightly, Setsuna turned and looked at her house of three years. It was an average house with a normal driveway.
 
The house itself was white in color while the roof tiles were a deep navy blue. The lawn in front of the house was green showing a sign of spring's impending coming. Surround the house from the back were blossoming trees that were filled with buds that would bloom into sakura blossoms.
 
At the beginning, she lived with Haruka, Michiru, and Hotaru during her pregnancy. After Sayuri was born, she continued to live with them so they could help raise her daughter. However, after a year, Setsuna thought herself to be a burden and despite their attempts to tell her otherwise, Setsuna went in search for a place to live.
 
Money earned from her job as a part-time waitress and a teacher, Setsuna bought this house in hopes of a new beginning with her daughter.
 
Closing the wooden gate, Sayuri pulled her mother along with her. Walking down the sidewalk, Setsuna watched as her daughter skipped happily by her side before they reached their destination.
 
Somewhere Else
 
At the top of the building, Dartz, dressed in a lavender suit, had just finished with his phone call when he found himself staring at a picture taken almost six years ago.
 
In the park, Dartz was sitting on the bench while Setsuna wrapped her arms around his neck. Both of them were sporting a silly grin on their faces, but they didn't care.
 
Dartz narrowed his eyes at the picture. He did not keep it because he missed her. No, he would often tell himself; it was kept to serve as a reminder never to fall in love again. At least, that was what he would tell himself.
 
Without warning, the door to his office opened revealing a stunning woman with black hair held together loosely with a black clip with a few slightly curled locks framing her face. The first few buttons of her white blouse were left unfastened in a tempting way. Hugging her hips was a gray skirt that reached her knees but the slits on both side reached mid-thigh.
 
Glittering ocean blue eyes fell upon the tired form of Dartz. Inwardly smirking to herself, she sauntered over to his desk, allowing her hips to sway enticingly every so often, until finally she found herself sitting on his desk causing her skirt to ride up slightly as she placed her hand innocently on her leg.
 
“What do you want, Kasumi.” Dartz said nonchalantly.
 
“Aww, Dartz, I just wanted to make sure you weren't over-working yourself to death.” Her voice was jarring to Dartz, but he dealt with it.
 
“As you can see, I'm fine. Now leave.” He had all but shouted at her.
 
Not one to give up, Kasumi began toying with his hair as she purred, “Now, is that anyway to speak to your girlfriend?”
 
At that, Dartz sat up and narrowed his eyes, “Listen, Kasumi, you and I are NOT an item.”
 
“Does it have anything to do with her?” Kasumi hissed as she glared at the picture that Dartz had been looking at.
 
That was the last straw. Dartz stood up to his full height, which towered over Kasumi, and stated, “It has nothing to do with her. Now, I will tell you again, leave.”
 
Pouting slightly, Kasumi hopped off of his desk and fixed her skirt in front of Dartz before swaying her way out his office. Sighing to himself, Dartz began to question his sanity, “Why am I dating her again?”
 
“Because,” a voice replied, “She's rich, she looks good, she's you father's friend's daughter…and um, did I mention that she's rich?”
 
Dartz looked up to see his long time friend, “Thank you for reminding me, Raphael.”
 
The blond haired man stared at his friend and boss with sympathy. Dartz had not always been like this. After that night, Dartz began to change and for the worse. It took a while, but he started dating again, but he dated woman for the looks or the status, and when he found that he grew tired of them, he threw them out like the trash that they were. This month's filth came in the form of a gold-digging, over pampered, conceited woman by the name of Watanabe, Kasumi.
Shaking his head, Raphael handed Dartz a few papers which Dartz immediately looked over. One note caught his eyes, “Raphael, what is this supposed to be?”
 
Said person looked at the paper in Dartz's hand before replying, “That, Dartz, would be an invitation to the annual gala held at Watanabe Inc.”
 
“Oh, joy,” Dartz replied sarcastically as he threw the invitation in the trash.
 
With Setsuna
 
“A gala?” questioned a very confused Setsuna after a sip of her green tea. In the kitchen, she and Michiru were discussing the oncoming gala hosted by Watanabe Inc. Both Haruka and Michiru were invited and were allowed to bring one guest. Usually, it was a way for someone to bring a date; however, because Haruka and Michiru were planning to go together, they both had two tickets.
 
“Come with us,” Michiru pleaded as she dramatically said, “Maybe you'll find a dashing young man to sweep you off of your feet.”
 
Setsuna laughed at Michiru's declaration. In the past four years, her friends, aside from Haruka, had been trying to set her up with many different suitors. Of course, she politely rejected each of them.
 
“Possibly, but highly unlikely, Michiru,” Setsuna said as she watched Haruka chase Sayuri around the spacious backyard.
 
“Setsuna, it's has been almost five years now. When are you going to get over him?” Michiru asked.
 
“…”
 
“Setsuna, please, as your friend, I'm telling you to move on.”
 
Sighing, Setsuna placed her cup of tea on the glass table, “Very well, Michiru.” `Maybe I will finally be able to get over him.'