Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected Seasons. ❯ The end... or is it the beginning? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
One day, in mid-September, all of the scouts were gathered at Rei's temple; Usagi, Ami, Rei (of course; after all, it is her place!), Makato, Minako, Mamoru, Haruka, Michiru, Setsuna, Hotaru, Chibi-Usa, Seiya, Taiki, Yaten, and Chibi-chibi. The cats were there too. They were having a party to celebrate their victory over Chaos, and with the music and decorations, and the snacks that would soon be gone because some people were scarfing it all down (mainly Usagi) the party was going great. Then there was a knock on the door.
Rei, being the person she is, went to the door and starts to yell "Grandpa, I told you not to disturb us!!" only to find a girl that looks to be about Setsuna's age standing there. "Oops, I'm sorry."
The girl smiled and waved off the comment. "That's okay Rei, perfectly understandable. I'm afraid I am about to crash your party, so you might as well be rude to me now."
Rei looked at her. "Who are you? How do you know my name, and why do you think you are about to crash our party?"
The girl introduced herself. "I am Saeko Yamasaki. I said I was about to crash the party because, well, you'll see in a minute. May I come in please? I need to talk to all of the people here."
Rei was too stunned at the girls' comments about party crashing to say no, and she was also kind of curious as to what this Saeko had to say to everyone. She backed away from the entrance and let her in.
"Thank you very much." She walked in, and everyone stopped to take in the girl with purple hair the color of amethysts in a French braid and emerald green eyes, wearing tight jeans and a T-shirt much to large for her. She walked straight to Setsuna, and asked "Don't you recognize me, Princess of Pluto?" This stunned everyone but the guardian of time, who took a good look at her.
Then, Setsunas' eyes lit up and widened. She threw her arms around Saeko. "Princess Crypton! How on Earth did you get here?" Everyone else watching was surprised. Setsuna was never this emotional.
Usagi was the first to speak. "Setsuna, you know this girl? Who is she?" She was acting so much like her future queenly self it was almost funny, coming from her younger form.
Setsuna let go of Saeko and looks back at her leader. "This is my cousin, the Princess of Crypton, the ruler of Crypton, the gemstone planet. Our mothers were sisters." She turned back to the girl. "It has been so long since I've seen you. You have grown up. How have you been? Where have you been? I've been looking all over time to find you! How did you get here?"
Saeko smiled; she had known her cousin would be like this. She had always known that Setsuna let her emotions out around few people, she being one of the few. "I see that you have found new friends to share your feelings with." Setsuna blushed at that. "I have been asleep. My people locked me away in an emerald coffin in an amethyst cave on my planet when the Negaverse attacked. They wanted to ensure that I would be safe. I was awakened one Earth week ago by the descendants of my high council. They had not been told where I had been put, so it took them a while to find me. I have been to all of the planets, looking for you, and my parents. I left the descendants in charge, since they were capable of managing without me anyway."
Setsuna was obviously dying to know more, but she stopped asking questions to make introductions. "Saeko, I must introduce you to our fellow princesses and Senshi--"
Saeko interrupted. "Have you forgotten my abilities already Cousin? I already know who these people are." She looks around and names each person as her gaze lands upon their faces. "Princess Mars, Hino Rei on Earth, also Sailor Mars, with the power of fire and foresight. Princess Mercury, Mizuno Ami on Earth, also Sailor Mercury, with the powers of water, ice, and intelligence. Princess Jupiter, Kino Makato on Earth, also known as Sailor Jupiter, with the power of lighting, earth, and strength. Princess Venus, Aino Minako on Earth, also Sailor V, or Sailor Venus, with the power of beauty and love. Princess Uranus, Ten'oh Haruka on Earth, also known as Sailor Uranus, with the power of the sky, speed, and intuition. The Princess Neptune, Kai'oh Michiru on Earth, also known as Sailor Neptune, with the power of the sea and cunning. The Princess Saturn, Tomoe Hotaru here on Earth, also known as Sailor Saturn, with the power of death and destruction, also the ability of healing. The Starlights, Kou Taiki, Kou Seiya, and Kou Yaten, also known as the Sailor Starlights, with the powers of the stars. Miss Chibi-Chibi, the Star Seed of Galaxia, the Ray of Hope, also known as Sailor Chibi-Chibi, with the power of light and innocence. The Princess Small Lady, future daughter of the King and Queen, Chibi-Usa here in the 20th century, also known as Sailor Chibi Moon, with the power of love and also hope for the future. Prince Endymion, Chiba Mamoru on Earth, a.k.a. Tuxedo Mask/ Moonlight Knight with the ability to rally the troops and sense when there is something wrong on Earth; also the future King of the Universe. Which brings me to Princess Moon/Serenity, Usagi Tsukino on Earth, also Sailor Moon, Super Sailor Moon, Eternal Sailor Moon, and Imperial Sailor Moon, with the power of love and protection, also future Queen of the Universe. Have I left anyone out?" Everyone was stunned at this speech, and most of them were a little suspicious of this person who knew everything about their lives, past, present, and future.
"No, that is everyone Cousin. I apologize for not remembering what you can do, but it has been so long since I thought about your powers." Setsuna turned to everyone and did what the other girl had just done. "This is Princess Crypton, Saeko Yamasaki on Earth, also Sailor Crypton, with the power of gemstones, healing, and prophetic dreams."
"Prophetic dreams? What're those?" Usagi was curious about this new girl. She had many of her memories returned to her, but none of this person.
"A prophetic dream is like a dream of what will happen in the future. And as I have been asleep for more than one thousand years, I think it's safe to say I have had a few of those dreams. I have seen everything you have, as if through your eyes. I probably know more about you guys than you do yourselves. I was privy to many very private bits of information; I know all of your deepest, darkest secrets." Everyone looked a little bit worried about that, so she continued with, "Although, I have only kept the important information, such as where you would be, and how I could contact you. I didn't like some of those secrets..." She is looking at Mamoru and Seiya when she says that. It's obvious which secret she's referring to. "I did not come here to tell those secrets though... All I came here for was to see my cousin, and her friends, and to w---."
Setsuna just sent a telepathic message to her. "Don't! They cannot know any more of their destinies than they already do!" Saeko stares at Setsuna and thinks "But they must know this! It's too important to be ignored, and I won't clean up the mess that this is going to leave behind!! I'm telling them, and you can't stop me. Remember, my gems have always beaten your dead screams." Setsuna was glaring back, but decided that if it was that important, then an exception could be made.
Aloud, Saeko said "Thank you Set, you will see that I am right this time." Everyone had seen the eye contact, but didn't know about the conversation, so they were a little bit confused by that statement. "I must warn you, all of you, of what will be happening in the near future. She stands before Rei. "Princess Mars, in the next major battle you will have, you will be seen transforming, by both the enemy, and a news reporter. She won't be able to resist this scoop, as they call it, and tell the world that Sailor Mars is actually a school girl named Rei Hino, which will lead to the others here being found out as the other scouts. Reporters will swarm your houses, interrogate your families, and you will all be put under close scrutiny. That is not the worst part." Everyone had already gone silent and waited for the rest. "The enemy will use your family and friends to get to you, killing them and then you, and ultimately destroying the world. There are some things that can be done to prevent this, such as Rei not fighting that day or transforming somewhere other than you did that day, or
Usagi saw the hesitancy on Saekos' face. "Or what?"
"Or you could call on the Seasonal Senshi."
The Outers gasped. Setsuna almost yelled the next thing she said. "No! I will not allow them to be brought back! You know that their only wish after the Sailor Wars was to be left alone!"
"Who are the Seasonal Senshi?" This came from Mamoru.
"They were among the most powerful Senshi of the universe, before the Sailor Wars began. They were the ones that helped to end the wars. There was Sailor Spring, Sailor Summer, Sailor Autumn, and Sailor Winter. They didn't just have one element as their power, they had all of them. But they didn't enjoy being Senshi. When the battle was over, they asked the Queen to be freed from their responsibilities as Senshi, to be given new lives, where they wouldn't have to fight constantly. I really don't wish to reawaken them, but this new enemy will be like none any of you have ever seen, and much more powerful than all of the others put together. I don't see how you could defeat him without more allies." Saeko sighed. She thought of how she'd seen the deaths of all of the people in the room with her, one by one. She'd seen all of the pain that would occur after this. She really saw no other way to win.
"Well, how will we find these sailors?" Makato asked. She liked the idea of having more friends, and didn't want anyone else to suffer in the upcoming battle.
"It is not that simple, Princess Jupiter. Finding them is the easy part. The hard part will be to reawaken them. You see, Queen Serenity was so grateful that they had helped her, that when she erased their Senshi powers and memories, she used the crystal to put a spell on their souls. A test must be passed by the people who want to bring them back, so that they would only be brought back in a dire emergency."
"What kind of test? Is it a dangerous one?" Ami was the one to ask this. She looked concerned at the thought that this might be dangerous for any of the Senshi, including the ones still asleep.
"There was a riddle to this test but I don't remember exactly how it goes"
Setsuna finally spoke up. She had been thinking about what the queen had said to her about the Seasonal Senshi. "I think I remember... I really didn't want to bring them back, but then, I didn't want them to sleep in the first place..." Everyone looked expectantly at her, waiting for what she would say next. "The riddle went like this:
'Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter, as the Senshi you want them to reenter. Every time they hear this word, their powers spring up like a sword. What they were is the word that antagonizes, with this as Senshi their power rises. Make them hear this 5 times in a row, but you must reap what you will sow. Pass their tests and to your side they will come, but if you don't the life within will be undone. Their powers will die, and with them the seasons, so make sure you awaken them with good reasons.' The Queen and I both thought it was kind of long, but hey, it worked..."
"So what is the test?" Ami asked again.
"Based on the riddle, I would say that you have to find out what the password is for each Senshi, say it three times, and there will be some sort of challenge to take care of... and based on the last two sentences, they will die if you fail, and so will the seasons. It probably won't be dangerous for you, only for the Senshi we are about to awaken." Saeko said this after a moment of deep thought. Her eyes narrowed, and she then stated, "What I'm confused about is that second line. Why would their powers spring up every time they hear their password, even when their Senshi forms are asleep? That doesn't make any sense."
Rei spoke up. "Actually, yes it does. I could still communicate with the Sacred Flame when my powers slept, and I was able to use my charm on evil spirits. For some reason, our Senshi powers come out even when they are asleep, especially when we are in danger."
Saeko looked thoughtful, and she then said, "Well, we might as well get started... Princess Mars, would you mind terribly if I sent your crows out to try to find the Senshi?" When Rei told her she could, she lifted her hand so that it looked like she was waiting for someone to put something there. Suddenly, two emerald and two amethysts dropped into her hand from out of nowhere. She hung an emerald on each of the crows' necks, and placed the amethysts on the table. "These will help us. Just look into the amethysts to see what Phobos and Deimos will see." She sent the crows on their way, making sure that the emeralds were tuned in to Senshi energies. "Those emeralds will glow when they sense a Senshi nearby, and the amethysts will glow to let you know it. I think it would be best for us to split up into teams of two. Usagi and Mamoru, could you take one of these emeralds and start looking around the city?" She held up another handful of gems, all emeralds this time. "Just keep it with you and it will glow when you are near a Senshi... then look into it to see an image of the girl it is. If it vibrates, it means another emerald has found a Senshi, so use your communicators to find out whose is really glowing. Everyone meet at the café that you guys like so much at four o'clock." She also gave one to Haruka and Michiru, one to Ami and Taiki, one to Mina and Yaten, one to Chibi-Usa, Hotaru and Chibi-Chibi, and one to Makato and the guardian cats. She gave an amethyst to Seiya and Rei, saying "Since they are your crows, you should get to watch what one of them is doing... Phobos will fly over you, watching everything..." She took the other for herself and Setsuna. "Come on Set, we can catch up on old times while we search..."
Setsuna replied with, "And maybe you can explain to me why it was so important to tell them of their future when you obviously are here about your past..."
Rei and Seiya, having been the last to leave, heard that remark and commented on it as they walked to the outer limits of the city. "I wonder what that was all about..." They decided to hide, then follow the two most mysterious of the Senshi.
As they headed off in the opposite direction of everyone else, they began to talk. "Saeko, you can't possibly expect me to believe that you are only here to help our future Queen when you have the same look in your eyes that you did that one time you couldn't find Akira..."
Saeko sighed. "I knew you would be able to sense this... my love died in the Sailor Wars, trying to protect me... He has been reborn here, in Tokyo, and is now living his life as an inspector with the police... that is all I know..." She looked at Setsuna with a pleading look in her eyes. "I have to find him. I just have to! I loved him so much, and I wasn't able to save him. I won't lose him again. If I do this time, it'll be for good!! Please, don't stop me from finding him... It wont hurt to find him anyway... he was a brother of one of the Seasonals, remember? It'll be good to get them back together..." Her eyes glazed over. "Set, you know how I felt about him. I can't bear knowing he's here and not finding him. I did come here to help you find the Seasonal Senshi, but I need to find him as well, or I might die..." She gasped, and covered her mouth, but it was too late. Setsuna had heard this, and stopped her, watched her, and waited for an explanation. "Alright, but I didn't want you to know this... my gems wont be able to sustain my life for much longer unless I marry, and give birth to a new Gem Princess. Every one thousand years, the princess of my planet must give her place to a new princess, a new Gem. We make the gems, but at the same time, we are made of the gems. My emerald bed slowed down the process, so I still have a few years, but my successor must be brought into the world soon, so that she can make the new gems needed for our survival. Set, this is the biggest family secret... even bigger than that of Neherenia being Queen Serenity's half-sister... no one can know! If anyone on the other side finds out, they could get rid of my line without even killing me. I can't let it happen! All the gems in the universe, including the Silver Imperium Crystal, and the crystals in each Senshi's heart, would shatter and fade, effectively getting rid of the powers that protect the universe from evil."
Setsuna had listened to this, and waited for her to fall silent. "Why can't you just meet some guy here and now? Why does it have to be Akira?"
Saeko looked at her beloved cousin. "Can't you guess? The Gem Princess must be born of a true love match. Any other child would be unable to properly use the powers of the planet Crypton. And since my heart will always be with Akira, he is the only one I can have."
Seiya and Rei, who had stopped around the corner, had heard every word uttered, and they felt very guilty for spying. They backed up quietly, and walked silently the other way. "Seiya, do you realize what will happen if we tell anyone about what we just heard?? I mean, besides being in big trouble with Setsuna and Saeko? This is the worst kind of secret to have to keep..."
Seiya replied with "Well, at least neither Usagi nor Minako was with us. Those two are the worst at keeping secrets... So you agree that we can't tell any of the others what we just heard?"
Rei, with a pensive look on her face, then said "Of course, I agree completely... only thing I'm worried about now is that I think Saeko knows that we know." When Seiya asked what she meant with a worried look on his face, she continued. "Remember, one of her powers is prophetic dreaming. That means that she can see any kind of thing in the future, including her own conversations, and who is listening to them. I believe that she knew that we would be listening in."
"Right you are, Princess Mars." This came from Saeko, who stood behind them. She had given Setsuna her viewing amethyst and made another Senshi sensing emerald for herself, so that they could search separately, and so that she would have the chance to talk to her two new confidants. "I knew you would be there around the corner, and I have seen that you two will be most helpful in my quest, so I figured I would let you listen in. Since you obviously like being in my business so much, I don't think you will be opposed to helping me?" When both had agreed to help her, she told them what she needed. "I would like to stay with you, if you don't mind, Princess Mars, since your temple grounds are spacious enough for me to do what I need to without worrying about being caught. I must not be bothered when I am in the room you will set up for me, unless I tell you I can be. I am sorry to be bossy, but since you heard my situation in its entirety, I think you understand why I am being like this. From you, Seiya-kun, I will need assistance in finding the man I am searching for. His name is Akira and he as an inspector for the Tokyo police. I will also need papers saying that I am from Kyoto, that my family has died just recently, and that I have no siblings. I will need the corresponding birth certificates, and any other papers. Since you are from a major singing group, I assume you know people, who know other people, and so on, until they know people who can get these things; also, your wealth helps too. One other document will be needed: that of an agreement between my parents and Akira's, stating that we would be married halfway through my 19th year. I know that that one request is a little odd, but Akira must believe we were set up. He will remember everything after our wedding night, and I hope he will forgive me." A single tear escaped from the corner of her left eye, and as it slid down her cheek, it changed into a diamond. "I know that you will do as I have asked, since you know the gravity of this situation, and I appreciate it greatly... Now, we must get back to our search for the Seasonal Senshi. My love life problems can wait until I have proof of my existence..."
Rei spoke up, finally. "Exactly when did you first learn about this little gem princess rule?"
"My mother told me the day I turned 18... before the Sailor Wars, right after I met Akira. I knew he was the one anyway, but this just confirmed my need for him. If I don't find him soon, I will die, and all of the powers in the universe that are gem-based, such as yours, because you have a Sailor Crystal inside of you, will cease to exist."
Seiya nodded decisively. "If you want, I will help you with the search for him. We cannot let you die."
Saeko smiled and sighed. "No, I'm afraid that throwing a guy into this mix, even one such as yourself, would completely mess this up. You two should search for the Seasonals. They are more important than I am at this moment. Go on and search. I will head to the café at the center of the city, where we will all meet up."