Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected Seasons. ❯ Reunited, but not remembered. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Meanwhile, in the center of the city...

"Mamo-chan, do you think this Saeko person is telling the complete truth? I mean I know Setsuna wouldn't lie to us about this Seasonal Senshi business, but so you think that that is all she's after?" Usagi sighed as she walked. Everyone but Mamoru was still in the dark about her little deception. Not telling them had been killing her, but she wanted to surprise them with the news when the end of the year report cards had come out. She had been studying with Mamoru before he'd left for America when Galaxia had attacked, and not all of those sessions were comprised of making out with him. Her grades were actually up, and she felt smarter for it. She couldn't wait, and showing her intellect like this made it hard to be around the girls. She couldn't help but think that Saeko already knew what it was that she was hiding. "I mean, you heard what she said about knowing our deepest darkest secrets. And not that this is a dark secret, but it is pretty deep we've been keeping it for months"
"Even if she does know, I doubt that she'll tell them." When Usagi looked at him with that questioning look in her eyes, he elaborated. "I mean, she'll also know why we have been keeping this secret, and not want to burst our bubble. I also believe that, since we are her future Queen and King, she would do this for us. She might not have been reborn as most of us have, but you are still the Moon Princess, which means she will keep her allegiance with you." Usagi sighed, and agreed with him. Suddenly, the emerald Mamoru had put in his pocket - so that they wouldn't call attention to themselves by holding a HUGE emerald in the middle of the city and not heading for a jewelry store - began to glow a dull green. As a girl with light purple hair and bluish green eyes walked closer to them, it glowed brighter. And Usagi, knowing what was necessary, tripped over a non-existent rock and bumped into, eventually toppling over both herself and the girl. Mamoru helped them both up and backed away to let Usagi do her thing, as they had talked about, turning around to use her communicator to let everyone know they had found one and where they were.
"Oh I'm so sorry!!! I totally wasn't watching where I was going!! Are you alright?" Usagi examined the girl to make sure she hadn't hurt the girl with that fall. Being the accident-prone person she was, Usagi was used to falling down on the job (okay I'll stop with the puns if you promise to keep reading), but this girl obviously wasn't. She was shaken, and as the wind picked up, the trees shook gently, and the nearby water fountain started bubbling faster. Both Mamoru and Usagi noticed this and thought the same thing. *Yep, this is her. Now we have to keep close to her.*
This girl was petite, a mere 5'2, which made Usagi look like a giant next to her. She looked up at this blonde girl, and although she didn't know her, she immediately felt a kinship with her like she knew her from somewhere. "I'm fine, really "
Usagi was relieved. "Oh, thank God! I've klutzed out on myself and my friends so many times, but never on someone I didn't know I really hope you'll forgive me"
The girl shook her head and gave a small smile. "It's fine, really I needed a wake-up call anyway. I've been walking around in a daze since I woke up by the way I am Deanna. Nice to have bumped into you." She gave a wry smile and bowed as she said this.
Usagi giggled at that, and bowed back. "I am Tsukino Usagi. It's nice to have bumped into you too. Oh yes, I forgot." She turns around, grabs Mamoru by the arm, and pulls him forward. He smiles in acceptance of being pushed and pulled around by her, as he always does. "This is my boyfriend, Chiba Mamoru." He then smiled down at the girl. She didn't look like one of the most powerful Senshi ever, but hey, Hotaru and Usagi didn't either.
"Hiya Deanna I hope my Meatball head didn't hurt you too badly" Mamoru smiled as Usagi swatted him, and he bowed to her. These two obviously had wonderful manners when it didn't come to each other.
Deanna looked up at the hunky guy who was obviously smitten with his girlfriend and smiled. She sensed that she knew him from somewhere as well, and that he was a good guy. Her instincts were normally right, and she had gotten used to listening to them. She bowed back, calming down, and the wind began to die down as the bubbling in the fountain slowed and the trees stilled.
"It's really nice to meet both of you. I was just on my way home though, so I'm going to have to cut this short. My mom will kill me if I don't get home soon." Usagi looked somewhat sad at this, then snapped her fingers as an idea came to her. "Well, would you like to come and hang out with us next weekend? We're having a party to celebrate the return of our friend Setsunas' long lost cousin everyone thought she had died, and we are really happy that she's ok. I'm sure everyone would love to meet you." Usagi looked as if she'd stuck her foot in her mouth, but the girl was smiling. "Sure! I haven't been to a party in ages should I bring anything? A present, some kind of food, anything?" Usagi's eyes lit up at the mention of food, but Mamoru poked her in reminder of what they were doing, and she stifled her excitement. "Umm you can bring some food or soda if you want to, but no presents. I think she'd be kind of uncomfortable with that"
Deanna agreed. "Okay where is the party going to be?" Usagi grabbed a pen and paper out of nowhere and wrote down her address and home phone number. "I am not sure whether or not it'll be there, since I have yet to ask my parents for permission but call me and I'll make sure you get all of the details." Usagi smiled brightly. "Promise you'll be there?" Deanna smiled back. "Sure. I don't have many friends lately, and you said they'd love to meet me, so I wouldn't miss it for the world." She looks at her watch. "Oh my god!! I'm late!!! I really have to go now!! Bye!" And she took off like a certain blonde everyone loves so much, which Mamoru commented on. "Now where have I seen someone running like that before I know! You do it every morning on the way to school!" Usagi grimaced and narrowed her eyes at him, acting mad. "Watch it Mamo-chan" Her admonition had no real heat behind it, but the kiss he gave her then did, getting her out of her pretend anger and moving her toward pleasure. He backed off soon after. "I don't know if your parents will approve of such a quickly planned party, but I'm proud of how you stayed focused and how you came up with a good way to get her to feel welcome with us." She smiled back at him. "Well, if they say no, we'll try the others' places, and if that falls through, we could have it at your place, or we could get the Three Lights to find a place for us. I just hope Saeko won't mind that I used her as a reason for the party I just didn't feel like really lying to a former and possibly future ally."
Saeko stepped up next to them just then, quietly enough to startle them when she agreed. "I am fine with the fact that you needed to use me in fact, if all of my plans go well, I could use this party to my advantage as well. I wouldn't mind if you kept up the pretense that I was just found in Kyoto that could work for me, as well as explain who I am to your friends do you think it would be alright with you if I invited someone?" Usagi and Mamoru had jumped at her first statement, but calmed down enough to listen.
Usagi giggled and replied. "Of course, since it's going to be your party but I have two things to ask. One, do you think you could stop sneaking up on people like that?" At Saekos' blush and nod, she grinned and continued. "Good. Now you can tell me whom it is that you are planning to invite come on, I know that we're not the best of friends, but I'm going to find out sooner or later. You've only been awake for a week, and here in Tokyo for less time than that. You must be looking for someone that was reborn, since you haven't had time to meet anyone. C'mon, tell me it's a guy isn't it?? Dish already girl!" Saeko was smiling. "Yes, I am looking for the man I love. He died in the Sailor Wars, trying to protect me. Almost the same way you died when Beryl attacked, except I survived my gems protected me" At the sad look in Saekos eyes, Usagi softened and put her hand on the other, older girls' shoulder. "I'm sorry, Saeko-san. I shouldn't have asked." Saeko shook her head. "No, Princess, you have every right to ask what one of your guardians is up to. If I find Akira, then I will invite him to the party. He is living now as an inspector of the Tokyo police, and that is all I know I might have a tough time finding him"
A strange look passed on Mamoru's face, and he asked, "Inspector Akira Kishiro*?"
Saeko leveled her head to look at him, as she was only a few scant inches shorter than him. "I don't know his last name but that sounds like it might be him. Why?" She leaned back against the wall they were standing in front of and looked at him questioningly.
"Because I know an inspector in Tokyo named Akira he was my friend when I was in the orphanage granted, he was a year younger than me, but he was cool, so we kept in touch after I got out. I can take you to his precinct if you want." Mamoru said this in a dazed sort of way. It was hard for him to believe the Akira he'd known might be the one Saeko was looking for.
"Umm Ok, thank you Your Highness" Saeko was stunned. She hadn't thought it would be this easy.
"On one condition" At Saekos' look, he continued. "You have to stop calling us by royal names. Remember, this is not the past, where we were known, and it isn't the future yet, where we will be recognized. It will be difficult to explain why you keep calling us those names, and it could blow our cover." He looked over to Usagi, who had been watching the scenery pass by them and gone over to pet a dog she saw being walked. "If anything ever happened to her, I don't know what any of us would do. She is the basis of our lives, and her safety depends on the stability of our cover until we become the royals in the future. You must stop calling us that and use our human names." He looked back at Saeko, who recognized the determination in his eyes, and realized the truth of his words. She nodded. "Of course, I understand. From now until you and she rule this world, I will make sure to use the names given to you here on Earth when you were reincarnated, Mamoru-san." He was grateful, and so he told her. "Thank you, Saeko. Now, since it is almost noon, and we need to meet everyone at four, I suggest we go." He raised his voice. "Usako! Come on, we're going to go find Saeko-sans boyfriend." Saeko blushed at that, but nodded when Usagi looked over, then came up to them. "Oh, are we going to the police department to look for him?" Mamoru replied. "Yes, in a way. We believe that this guy may be my old friend Akira from the orphanage, and since I know where he is today, we are going to visit him." Usagi's eyes lit up, and she smiled. "You mean it? I really get to meet one of your old friends?" Mamoru felt a little guilty at that. He had this habit of shutting her away from his old life, since now his life was with her. *I guess I'm going to have to stop that* He gave a small smile and nodded. "Yes, you really do." She was excited now, and grabbed on of his hands, and one of Saekos', and started pulling them in a direction. "Well, what are we waiting for then? Let's go!" Saeko was about to let Usagi pull her along when she noticed Mamoru wasn't doing the same, and then he said something in explanation. "Usako, the police department is in the other direction" Both of the girls sweat-dropped, and fell on their heads in that way they do. "Heh, ok then, lead the way Mamo-chan." Usagi turned and waited for Mamoru to start walking in the right direction, then fell in next to him, with Saeko on the other side. Five minutes later, they were at the police station, asking a cop in uniform if Inspector Akira was in. They were led into an office to wait. Two minutes after that, they heard a voice tell someone that he had visitors. The door opened and Akira walked in. He was 5 feet 10 inches tall, very lean, with black hair and deep green eyes. He actually looked a little bit like Mamoru, but much more rugged, as if he'd suffered a lot more in his lifetime. When he saw Mamoru, his lips turned up in a smile and his eyes changed a bit. "Hey Mamoru! I haven't seen you in a while! How are you, man?" His hand clasped the one Mamoru held out in a handshake only guys could pull off without looking stupid. Then he noticed the two pretty girls sitting in the chairs against the wall of his office. "Hey, Mamoru, who're the babes?" He asked quietly. Mamoru smiled. His friend obviously hadn't changed much since he'd gotten out of the orphanage. "Well, if you would give me a second, I'll introduce you." He turned to the girls and gave them a look that said, "Get ready, because this is going to be interesting" The girls stood, Usagi instantly moving to stand in her place next to Mamoru, who put his arm around her. "Akira, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Usagi Tsukino, and our friend Saeko Yamasaki, just in from Kyoto, who was hoping you might be able to help her with something." Akira gave him a look. "First of all, you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend; and secondly, I haven't seen you for years, and you come on business?" He turned to Saeko who was studying him closely. His eyes softened, and he felt as though he knew her. "Have we met? You look familiar, and I'm getting this strange feeling that I know you from somewhere."
Usagi saw the light go on in Saekos' eyes, and recognized her need to be alone with this guy. "Mamo-chan, I just got this huge craving for a burger how about we go get something to eat and let them talk, then come back when we are done and we can all go walking or something?" She sent him a look that clearly said they should let the old lovers talk, and he agreed. "Of course, anything for you, Usako." Turning to Akira, who looked a little disappointed that his time with his friend had been cut short, he said "We'll be back in about a half an hour, I promise." He looked at Saeko, who looked happy. "Have we found what we are looking for?" And she replied in a strangely serene voice, which turned teasing during her statement. "Yes, I think we have. Go on you two and don't just sit down there and make out and forget about the time make sure you take a few breathers I would hate to have to tell all the girls and guys in the club that their presidents died from loss of oxygen during a make out session." Everyone smiled at that. "Well, knowing Usako and her appetite, we might be down there in a while anyway, without any time at all for a make out session" Usagi gently jabbed her elbow into his side as she huffed because of the teasing, and acted mad, but you could see her biting her lip to keep from giggling. "Come on Meatball head, let's go fill that stomach of yours with something really unhealthy." They left the room, which allowed Saeko a minute to examine her long lost lover.
It was obviously him, since he looked and acted and sounded exactly the same, besides the oh-so-happy fact that he felt as if he knew her. She put her hand on his arm to get his attention, and started to talk. "They'll be back. I don't know my way around here, and neither of them is the sort of person to leave a person in a situation where they could possibly get lost." She pulled back and sat down, and watched as he took a seat on the emptiest corner of his desk. "I have a question for you." He looked at her. "Shoot." *This girl really looks familiar she's gorgeous, but its not just lust talking here. I wonder why I feel as if I know her.* Saeko looked down at her lap for a minute, then looked back at him and blurted it out in a rush. "You wouldn't happen to be the son of Akahito and Risako Hitoshi, who used to reside in the small suburban area of Kyoto, would you?" He got a dazed look in his eyes, and he nodded. *IT IS HIM! I can't believe I found him my first day here! His parents back in the Silver Millennium had those names as well. I took a chance that they would be the same Thank you God, I've found him!* "Our parents were business partners. More than that, they were friends. I am a year younger than you we were two and three the last time we saw each other." His eyes widened. "Then that is why I feel as if I know you we probably used to play with each other." She smiled. He always had been quick to believe what she had told him, though he'd normally found out if she was lying after a while. Hopefully that would be a long while, until after their marriage. She needed him to believe her for now. "Yes, I really remember you... especially how you used to help me eat all of my crayons." He blushed and changed the topic of conversation. "Yes, well, why are you here? Surely you didn't remember me all that well... we weren't really at a remember-the-person-you-consumed-wax-with kind of stage in our lives, if you get my meaning..." Her eyes glazed over sadly and she stood and began to pace the length of the office. "Well, this isn't really just a social visit... I mean, in a way it is, but its also a little bit about the business end of it..." She looked at him. "My father just died." She rushed on before she totally lost it. *Gee, I'm getting good at this acting thing...* "Just before he left this world, he gave me a copy of a business deal he made with your father and asked me to fulfill it... But see, the deal was that we get married, have kids, and settle in a rich part of the 'burbs with us in the drivers' seat of their businesses." She stopped pacing and blinked. "Wow, that didn't sound as stupid when I said it as it did in my head. It's still crazy and unfair, but not as stupid..."
Akira watched her with a bit of suspicion mixed in with a whole bunch of shock. "Really? We were engaged to be married before we even really understood what that meant?" She nodded. "I mean, if you don't want to marry me, or if you already have someone else, I completely understand, and wont force you to honor our parents deal. But I am willing to marry you if you are agreeable."
Akira was speechless. He was a little resistant to the idea of marriage, but he took another look at his supposed wife-to-be, and thought to himself how nice it would be to marry her, and make children with her. He had to admit to himself, he had been feeling lonely for a while, as if he were missing something, and this may be his solution. A slow smile began to creep upon his handsome features, and he pointed a thumb at the door. "Do they know about this? Mamoru and Usagi, I mean."
She sighed. "Kind of... they know that I have been looking for you about business, but they don't know the reason."
He let his smile grow. "Okay, then. I think I will accept our parents' and your deal. When do you want to get married?"
Her eyes lit up a bit. "Really? You mean it?" At his nod she grinned, then got close and hugged him. "Thank you so much! You have no idea what kind of stress I would have gone through if you had refused! Plus, you are a hunk, so marrying you would have come to mind even if we were complete strangers..." She stopped and covered her mouth, then retreated back to the chair she'd been sitting in when all of this started. She smiled slowly. "In answer to your question, as soon as possible sounds good..." She wondered why he was going along with this so well, but wasn't about to ask. She gave him the phone number and address of the Cherry Hill temple, where she'd be staying for a while. "Come there tonight for dinner... you will meet my cousin and her friends... And we can plan our wedding." She looked at him appraisingly. "Come on, I think we'd better find those two before they do anything they shouldn't be doing..." They walked out of his office, and he wondered aloud how she had met his old orphanage pal. "Oh, he is Usagi's boyfriend, and Usagi is my cousins' friend, so I was introduced to them when I showed up."
He stopped short. "How do you think they met? Mamoru was always more of a loner... I didn't think he'd ever find someone to love... and she's so young..."
She wondered if she should let them tell the story. "I think you should ask them that... they are always open about their feelings and how they met... at least as far as I've seen."
Akira looked at Saeko. "By the way, do you want to pick out an engagement ring? Or do you want me to pick one for you?" She looked a little perplexed. "I don't know... How about I tell you that amethysts and emeralds are my favorite jewels, and you take it from there?" He smiled. "Okay then, I'll handle the rest." Just as they exited the police station, they saw Mamoru and Usagi walking towards them. "Oh good, they didn't forget the time..."
Usagi smiled and began to whisper. "Mamoru they're holding hands!!! That's a good sign for sure." Then she started to laugh and talk louder. "I feel much better now that I've eaten... Hey Saeko. See, we watched the time." Mamoru gave the other two a look that Usagi didn't see, which clearly said, 'Much to my regret.' Everyone laughed.
"Well, while I'd love to take you guys up on that walk you suggested, I've got to work... I'll see you later at dinner, okay? Mamoru, we're going to have to catch up sometime soon... Bye." With that, Akira squeezed Saekos hand, then let go and went back inside.
They started to walk away from the station, and as they turned a corner, Usagi squealed and grabbed Saeko. "Well? How'd it go?"
Saeko had a huge grin on her face. "I'll wait to tell you when everyone is with us." It was two o'clock. They headed to the cafe across town.