Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Unexpected Seasons. ❯ And the DBZ gang is brought in... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
In the SM universe, at the police station...
Akira knocked on the door to the captains' office. "Okay, we're here, Captain, let's get this over with so we can get on with the honeymoon." Akira knew he had to act like a happy honeymooner, and had no problem with that, but he also knew Saeko didn't have much time to spend on the outside of the emerald bed. Her appearance had changed a bit... making her look older. He wrapped an arm around her shoulder.
The Captain, Keishi no Teichou, poked his head out into the main part of the office section of the station. "Ah, so you are finally here! Come in, come in, I want to see you two in private for a moment before everyone else gets a chance to." He practically pulled them into the room, and Saeko almost tripped because of it. "Oops, sorry about that." He watched as she slowly straightened herself and turned to him.
She still looked to be younger than twenty, thank God, but no longer did she look innocent. "That's all right, I'm fine." She pulled Akira's arms around her loosely, and looked at the captain. She smiled at him, and knew that he was dazzled. Her Gem power still had enough of a kick to leave all that were not from the Silver Millennium that way. She held out her hand. "I am Hitoshi Saeko. Its nice to meet you."
He shook her hand. "I am Keishi no Teichou, and its a pleasure to meet you. How long have you two been together? I mean, you got married so suddenly, and didn't invite anyone here... I am also pretty sure no one here knew about you in the first place, considering how Akira here is about his social life... Tight-lipped."
Saeko smiled. She liked this guy. "It feels like we've known each other for centuries, right darling?" She looked up at him with a secret smile, one he reflected back at her. "But we've only been together our whole lives... it's going to sound a little silly, but our parents arranged for us to be married... To join the two families and businesses as one... But Akira's parents died in that fire, and my mother a few years later... And my father died just a few weeks ago... He implored me to find Akira again, whom I hadn't seen since we were sixteen when he came to visit. He hadn't been around for long enough for me to tell him that we were engaged, but I knew what he'd been planning, and came to talk to him. Next thing you know, we're married..." She laughed lightly, wondering if the guy would fall for that story. She sighed. "Do you think I could sit down? I really am beat... my legs might give out on me..."
Akira brought her over to the big, cushy couch on the opposite side of the office, not caring what the captain thought or said in answer. He knew that the captain was curious about the girl who had caught his heart, but he was also aware that she needed to rest. "Saeko, are you alright? Do you think you can make it for another half an hour?"
She smiled a small smile, through the pain of aging, and gripped his hands reassuringly. "We can only stay for about ten minutes longer, before we really need to go." She knew the captain was watching this. She looked up at him, and began to talk. "You see, Captain, I am very ill... we were on our way to a hospital kind of far away, so that I could start healing. I am afraid that being here was just a detour... So, when we leave here, we will return to our apartment, where my cousin will pick us up. We will probably be out of town for about two to three weeks..."
Teichou was looking at her closely enough to see that she looked as if she were aging, right before his eyes. *That's impossible...* What could possibly cause this? This beautiful girl, who was obviously as smitten with Akira as he was with her, if not more so, had some sort of illness, which Akira had probably known about before the marriage, and was growing older. He couldn't be sure, but it sure looked that way to him. Little wrinkles had shown up where they hadn't been before, and she seemed to be more tired by the minute. This girl needed medical attention. But he knew that if he mentioned anything, they would say that it wasn't a big deal. They had been headed to a hospital, after all. They knew what needed to be done. *I'll just keep my eyes on them and if she looks any worse then I'll call an ambulance... no need to ruin the surprise party if it isn't important.*
Saeko sensed the man's concern, and almost delved into his mind to see what he was thinking, but she knew that she didn't have that right here, where she was not the ruler. She sighed, then stood. "Well, is there anyone else here that wants to meet me before we leave? I really do need to go soon..." She finally took the time to take in his looks. He was maybe a bit taller than Akira, with features worthy of military commander status (AN: I have no clue what that's supposed to mean really, besides that he looks as hard as the commanders in those military movies!). Sandy brown hair, brownish green eyes, muscles upon muscles. He looked to be about mid-thirties. *Minako and Makoto would go gaga over him...* She watched as he looked a little bit guilty at the thought of having kept her too long. *His features may be hard but underneath that he's a softy...*
"Um, yes... could you follow me please?" As he led the way, he began asking her about herself. "So, Saeko, how old are you? If you don't mind my asking of course... I mean, you look to be about Akira's age, am I right?"
He was in front, so he didn't see the look on her face that said 'Oh no, what if he sees how old I really am?' She schooled her features, just in case he decided to turn around, and answered. "Yes, I am actually eighteen... just turned in February..." She felt weak suddenly, and leaned against Akira, who looked down to see her holding her hands up, showing the beautiful engagement ring he had gotten for her. As he watched, the glittering of the gems stopped and started. Their natural glow flickered for a few moments, then came back before they could even look at each other. *I need to get into an emerald chamber soon. Or the results could devastate the world balance as we know it* She sent this thought to Akira, who looked at her and nodded.
*Ten minutes and we'll leave we can have Setsuna pick us up here if you want, and I could have someone else drive the car They walked into a room, and were suddenly surrounded by Akira's co-workers.
He hadn't been expecting this. He smiled and held onto his wife, whom he could feel weakening more by the moment. "Hi everyone I guess I owe you guys an apology for not telling you about my marriage I'm sorry, but it really wasn't that big of a deal Well, anyway, I would like all of you to meet my wife, Saeko." He smiled and looked at said wife. "Saeko, these are my colleagues" And he proceeded to introduce her to everyone there. That took about five minutes. The rest of the time was spent talking about how they had met; using the same story as Saeko had with the captain. He looked at her from time to time, and saw that she kept looking more and more tired.
Akira wasn't the only one watching her. Captain Teichou watched with growing concern, and finally decided to do something about this. For some reason, he felt as if he should help them, though they had already told him that they were heading for the hospital as soon as they left. He felt somewhat responsible for forcing them to come here, so he would do what he thought was right to try and help. He slipped away, bumping into Saeko and excusing himself for a moment, then hurrying to call for an ambulance.
Without meaning to, Saeko read the uppermost thought on Teichou's' mind, and gasped as she learned what he was going to do. *Akira! Your Captain has noticed my failing health and is going to call 911!*
Across the room, Akira looked up and saw the captain walking through the door. *Okay Saeko, we're gonna leave now. Meet me at the door.* Akira turned back to the person with whom he had been talking to, and asked him to get his car back to his apartment for him. He handed over the keys and said his good-byes. She had already said goodbye to everyone in her vicinity, and was waiting for him at the door. He took her hand and placed an arm around her shoulders, and then they walked out together. But their escape was cut short by the appearance of one well-meaning Captain.
"Leaving so soon you guys?" He asked, not wanting them to know about the ambulance until it had arrived.
"Well, considering someone here has been trying to get us somewhere where it wouldn't be safe for Saeko, we need to leave, now." He started to lead Saeko away, and then turned back. "By the way, Saeko was born with the ability to read minds, which is beginning to make me wonder why she was so anxious to get out of here. All she would say is that someone called 911, and that is enough for me. You see, Saeko isn't just sick, she's also pregnant, and we need for her to be somewhere where they won't possibly abort the baby to try to save her life." He looked down at her. "The baby will be the only thing keeping her alive, but the doctors here won't know that. We are leaving now, and I expect you will tell the medics when they get here that it was a mistake, or else the person who called will be the one getting put into that ambulance. Come on, Jeweled One, its time we leave."
Saeko called for Setsuna, and told her to meet them in the alley behind the police station.
As they walked away, she said to him, "You haven't called me that in one thousand years"
Teichou watched them go with a shocked and confused look on his face. Pregnant? Already? That was the only thing that would keep her alive? In one thousand years?? These words repeated themselves in his mind as he walked back to where the party had been. Everyone there had already started to clean up and get back to work, and he wondered what was wrong with Saeko that she couldn't go to a hospital here. And he really wondered what she had meant by 'in one thousand years.' *Okay, maybe I shouldn't have acted so hastily. I'll catch up and apologize.* He ran back into the hallway, and saw them go outside and as he followed them, they headed into an alleyway. He had just turned the corner, and gasped at what he saw.
Sailor Pluto stood in the alley with the couple, and what looked like a small black hole opened next to her as she tapped the staff she carried on the ground. "Are you ready, Saeko and Akira? I have found the place for you. We must go now I can see you fading before my eyes, and I don't like it."
Akira and Saeko both nodded, and Akira spoke. "Are your friends in the other dimension opposed to us being there for so long? I mean, staying there for what will be nine months there, but three days here, is bad enough, but to put us up somewhere that Saeko can set her emerald bed up might be too much."
"Don't worry about that. We have found a private place for you, and they won't know about Saeko's sleep unless they come to visit you there. Now, we really have to hurry, because it is going to take a lot of energy from her to make the chamber, and she doesn't have that much left as it is."
Teichou watched as all three of them jumped into the open portal, which disappeared as soon as they had. *They know the Senshi? And they are going into another dimension? What is going on? I don't think I should mention this to anyone.* As he turned around, Sailor Pluto once again jumped through the portal, landing in front of him.
"Captain, it would be wise of you not to tell anyone of this, as the fate of the world rests in the balance. Please, do not let anyone know that the Senshi have anything to do with this, that Akira and Saeko honestly just went on a vacation and will be back soon." She looked at him, waiting for an answer to the implied question. She liked the way this man looked, but she wouldn't admit that to anyone else
"Of course I will tell no one about any of what I just saw. You can count on me." He smiled at Sailor Pluto, not really thinking about how beautiful she was, but acknowledging it all the same. "Will Saeko be all right? She looked so tired"
"She will be, now that she has the proper place to rest. You will see them soon enough, and when she comes back, she will be back to her original age, and her child will already be about five years old. Don't worry, all will be well." With that, she jumped away, standing on the roof of the building for a moment to watch him look at her, and then running across the rooftops away from him.
*Incredible* He heard sirens just then, and went to take care of the ambulance that he had all but forgotten. He wondered if he would ever see the beautiful girl named Sailor Pluto again.
DBZ Dimension...
Akira, Saeko, and Sailor Pluto landed in the woods, right next to a stream. Sailor Pluto detransformed, and they walked upstream a ways to find a small house in a clearing. There were some people there, who had obviously been waiting for them. Three men with similar looks, a two women, one with black hair, the other with blue, and two kids, one who looked like the men, and the other with silver hair. Setsuna began the introductions immediately.
"Saeko, Akira, this is Son Goku, Briefs Vegita, Son ChiChi, Briefs Bulma, Son Gohan, Son Goten, and Briefs Trunks. They are some of my friends here, and they have been kind enough to find a place for you, and allow you to stay there. They will make sure you are protected while you are here. I can tell you that they are all very powerful, and will also provide you with whatever you need. Akira, I am afraid that your Captain saw us leave, so I am going to need to return there in a few moments to take care of him... I am sure that they can show you where to go, and you will be, at least, comfortable enough there. Saeko, by the time I return with the others, I am sure you will be done healing yourself, and the new treasure will be here... I almost wish I could be here, but the others will need me to tell them what is going on, and to help them prepare... boy am I glad that the enemy won't attack for a while, so that while they are here, our home will be safe... I hope that you will use your time here wisely... I must go now." She hugged her cousin goodbye and shook Akiras' hand, then walked back the way they had come.
Saeko sighed, then looked at her new friends. "I guess I should say hi, shouldn't I? I hope you don't mind our intrusion here, and whatever place you have found for us should work well. We don't really need much, do we Akira?" With that, she looked back at her husband.
He shook his head. "Anyplace where we can set up is fine..."
Saeko smiled, then gasped as she felt a little more of herself slipping away. The ring on her finger flickered, and this was noticed by all there. They watched as she sagged against Akira, her face aging more, gaining wrinkles. They rushed forward to ask if she was okay, and saw her straighten herself. "I am fine... just extremely tired... can we please go to where we will be staying? I need to get myself ready..."
Goku smiled slightly then began to talk to her. "Sure... I'll be leading the way for you... just follow me." To the others, he said, "See you guys later..." He began to walk up the trail going deeper into the woods, making sure the other two kept up.
Saeko and Akira followed, and Akira made sure he noticed where they were going so that he would be able to go back the same way. They were led to a cave about fifteen minutes away, hidden well enough so that no one would see it unless they were looking at it. They went in, and were amazed at what they saw. A small room was set apart as a bathroom, and there was a small fireplace at one end, with a hole in the ceiling large enough to let smoke out while still letting sun or moonlight in, and also fixed so that bad weather would not affect them. A stream trickled in to form pool of fresh water in another corner of the cave. Against the far wall was a queen-sized bed, with covers. A shelf was set up with small necessities, and there was a closet of sorts built into another wall for them to hang clothes in.
Saeko smiled widely. "This is wonderful!! How did you do all of this in so little time?" She walked around, and then sat in one of the chairs set next to the fireplace. "I'm actually kind of sad that I won't be able to enjoy all of this while we're here..."
Goku looked a little confused at that, but didn't say anything. "We really didn't do much... We knocked out the hole in the top, let the stream come in, shaped the fireplace, and pounded into the wall a little to make the closet... Then we just brought in and put everything in place... Okay well, if you need anything, all you have to do is come down. We left a bit of a trail out there, just look for the markings on the trees... I need to go back now, since we were in the middle of training when you got here. You are welcome to come down and join us. Setsuna said that you are both skilled fighters, and we are always looking for sparring partners. I'll let myself out. Bye!" Goku walked out and then flew off toward home, but came back when he sensed an energy level spike, and stood in the shadows nearby to watch.
Saeko stood, and walked over to the bed. She raised her arms and pointed at the bed. A glow began in her fingers, and drifted out of them to slowly form a sort of emerald coffin. She gasped, and she had little energy left when she was done. She fainted, and Akira caught her as she went down. He carried her to the bed, and set her down in the coffin, putting a pillow and blanket in to make it more comfortable. She woke a few minutes later, and looked at him sadly. "You can still go back and wait for me... You don't have to stay here for so long and watch me sleep like this... I don't want you to suffer by watching me."
"I wouldn't be able to stand being back there while you are here, even if the time would go by much faster..." He smiled at her and caressed her cheek gently. "Don't worry. By the time you wake up, everything will be great, and I might even be stronger... I'm thinking of taking Goku up on his offer. I think it would be good for me to learn as much as I can, considering I'm a lowly knight and all of the others have the awesome powers that they do... even Mamoru, while not a Senshi, still has his prince and Tuxedo Mask powers... I promise, all will be fine. You just rest." With that, he kissed her sweetly and stood back. "Goodnight darling..."
Saeko smiled gently. "Goodnight, my love." She then reached up and pulled the lid of the coffin closed, and sealed it by running her hand along the edges. She fell asleep almost immediately.
Akira sighed, and sat by the little pool of water, drinking some from his hand. "I hope everything will be alright for her in there... There is no other way." Sensing someone watching him, he looked around, but saw no one. He left the cave, and made sure it wasn't visible, then walked back down the path to see if he could join the training.
Goku, using Instant Transmission, appeared back in front of the house a moment later. *I don't think I should tell them about what I just saw... It wasn't meant for me to see in the first place.* He walked over to where the guys were warming up. "Hey guys, I think maybe we should let this Akira guy train with us..." The others looked up at him, and shrugged.
Gohan came up behind him. "Hey Dad, we were wondering... where did that energy spike come from? It was different than anything we've ever felt."
Goku smiled. "It was nothing."
Just then, Akira came into the area. "Hi everyone... Goku mentioned you guys might be training... do you think I could join you?"
Vegita, in his rude way, laughed. "If you think you can keep up with us, you are more than welcome."
Bulma heard this, and smacked him on the head lightly. "Don't be so rude!" To Akira, she smiled slightly. "Sorry about him, his people skills aren't very good... we're working on them."
Vegita looked as if he might argue, but was quiet after seeing the look on Goku's face as he looked at the new guy. His rival looked worried, and this surprised him. Akira wasn't nearly strong enough to be a threat, so why did Goku have that look on his face?
Goku tapped Akira on the shoulder. "Hey, I'll spar with you. I might even teach you some new techniques, if you are interested in learning them."
And so, the training began.
Rei's Temple
Sailor Pluto landed in the courtyard. She had enjoyed the little run to the temple, and now she was ready to tell the other Senshi about Saekos' plan. She detransformed and went inside to deal with the situation.
"They went WHERE???" Everyone shouted at the same time. Setsuna had just finished telling them of the plan, and got yelled at for her trouble.
"I apologize for not having come to you before we did this, but it really was necessary that it be done as soon as possible. We will be going to join them in a few days, but for them nine months will have passed, and the baby will be born soon after we get there... I will come to pick you all up three days from now. That will give you enough time to make all excuses and plans to leave. We will be gone for about two weeks here, and we will learn everything that my friends will be willing to teach us. Goodbye for now. I must watch over the Time Gate while I wait. Take whatever you need, but don't overdo it, since you won't be going anywhere, and will be staying in the country." Without saying any more, she jumped through a portal and disappeared.
"Well that was rude!" Usagi said. "Oh well, I guess we don't have a choice do we?" She looked at the Kou brothers, and got a look in her eyes that said 'I've got an idea!' "Seiya, Taiki, Yaten... do you think you could tell our parents that you need our help for a tour you guys will be going on? That way we wont have to worry about anything else..."
The guys looked a little confused, seeing as this had come out of Usagi's mouth and not someone else's, but smiled. Seiya spoke up. "Sure we can... We'll take care of everything... You all just pack.
Everyone went home and told their parents that the Three Lights had picked them as helpers for a special, secret tour that even the media didn't know about. They started to pack, and waited three days before reconvening at Rei's temple to meet Setsuna.

DBZ dimension...
Akira smiled as he faced off against Goku in the air. He had learned how to fly and sense energy in the nine months he had been there, and had grown so much stronger and faster than he had even imagined he could be. He had met the rest of the Z warriors, and got along well with all of them. Even Vegita didn't dislike him that much. He was about to attack Goku when he sensed an energy spike, and looked to where it had come from. "Setsuna is here... and so are the others. I'll go get them... You get everyone out here." He landed and ran toward where the others had appeared.
Usagi saw Akira, and mentioned it. "Hey, guys, look! There's Akira!"
Akira stopped in front of them, with a big grin on his face. "Hi everyone. Miss me?"
Setsuna looked at him. "Has she come out yet?" Setsuna was anxious to know what had happened, and the look on Akira's face hadn't satisfied her curiosity.
"No... She should come out of it soon though... It has been nine months, after all. Come on, I want you all to meet the guys. They are really something... They've been helping me train, and I think you'll like them." He led the way and everyone followed, seeing the little house with many people standing there soon. "Hey guys, my friends are here! Come and meet them!"
Everyone stood and waited for introductions to be finished. "Goku, ChiChi, Vegita, Bulma, Gohan, Goten, Trunks, Krillin, 18, Yamcha, Tien, Chiaotzu, meet Usagi, Mamoru, Ami, Rei, Makato, Minako, Haruka, Michiru, Hotaru, Chibi-Usa, Chibi-Chibi, Seiya, Taiki, Yaten, Akino, Deanna, Hayakuro, and Sayuki. You all already know Setsuna, I believe... I don't know the other guy... Who are you?"
Yuki spoke up. "We will explain him later..."
They all smiled at each other, and said hi. They would have been more polite had they not all had the pressing need to see Saeko.
"Akira, come here please." Usagi said in a slightly more somber voice than was normal. In an instant, everyone in the Senshi group became more alert, and Akira walked to her.
"Yes, Usagi?" Akira was silent as he waited to be talked to, and the entire Z group wondered who this person was that she could command attention from all that knew her.
"I think that maybe we should go visit Saeko, and then go to wherever it is you are putting us to stay." Usagi had been very worried. "I was upset that you two would go off like that, without asking me first, and want to be there when she comes out of hibernation."
Akira looked guilty, and bowed his head. "I do apologize about this, but Saeko was insistent on everyone else being told after we were already gone... I couldn't say no to her... I will lead the way back to the cave where she is, but I need to get something for all of you first..." At Usagi's nod, he walked over to Bulma. "Did you bring the capsule that I asked for? I need it now, please."
Bulma handed it over. "It has everything you asked for Akira. All you need is a clearing."
"Don't worry. Goku and I cleared out the area near the cave yesterday. It's all good." He turned to his friends, then led them up the trail he already knew so well.
Goku watched and thought about what he had seen. It was obvious that Usagi was the leader of the group; any idiot would see that from the way everyone paid attention to her. *I don't think I want to miss this.* As soon as they had disappeared, Goku smiled. "Oops! I completely and totally forgot that I wanted to get something at the store... I'll be back in a little while, okay?" Without waiting for an answer, in Instant Transmissioned out of there, and masked his energy so that no one would be able to track him.
Everyone walked into the cave, awed at what they saw. *Wow...* was the thought on the minds of all of them. Akira walked back out, telling them that he just needed to show them something first, and led the way to the clearing. He threw the capsule and everyone stared as a three-story house appeared. "That is where you will be staying while you are here. There are enough rooms and bathrooms for none of you to have to share, a huge kitchen and dining room, and several other rooms that you will have to explore for yourselves." With that, he walked back into the cave, and sat down on the bed, next to the chamber in which Saeko was encased. He sensed Usagi standing nearby, and began to talk. "I am very sorry, Your Highness, for leaving like that. If I hadn't come with her, she would have gone without me, and I would have had to wait those few days for Setsuna to come and get us. I just couldn't do it. I couldn't leave her here alone, with none of us here to protect her. I needed to be close to her, after all that time not seeing her... Do you understand?"
Usagi sighed. She couldn't be mad at him for wanting to be with the one he loved, and she couldn't blame Saeko for wanting her time to be done quicker for them. "I understand, and I am not mad. But we were all very worried about you when you did that. You know, Saeko mentioned to us that you had a sister when you were younger, whose body was never found after the fire. We found her, and we couldn't tell you because you were gone..."
Akira looked up at that. "Really? You found my little sister? Where was she?"
Usagi smiled. "Can you really not guess? I mean, your sister was one of the Seasonals back in the Wars, so wouldn't it make sense that she was reborn to be your sister once again in this lifetime? She is Akino, the one who was awakened right after you left the party."
The girl being talked about walked up behind Usagi. "Everyone is enjoying arguing over the rooms in the house." When she saw Akira looking at her in the way he was, she shut up for a moment, and then smiled. "Hello brother. Long time no see." Before she had gotten finished saying that, he had grabbed her in a really tight hug.
"Is it really you? I thought you were dead!! What happened? Where were you?" He pulled back, obviously noticing her need to breathe, and looked at her. "You've grown up. Why did you have to do that?"
She laughed. "Yes its me. No, I'm not dead. I had amnesia and was adopted by a nice family, and I don't really think I had much choice in the matter of growing up. Now that I've answered all of your questions, could you let me go? I still need to breathe more than you are letting me."
He let go, and stepped backwards, then looked at the cage, sensing her awaken. "Um, sis, I think maybe we'll have to catch up later, because she is waking up now... Do you think you could call the others?" He watched her run out of the cave, then grabbed Usagi and pulled her back.
Sitting on the roof of the cave near the skylight, Goku gasped at the amount of energy he felt coming from the emerald bed. He sensed that the others would be there momentarily, and he flew out to meet them. "Don't worry, its nothing to worry about... Saeko has healed, I am guessing... Be quiet, and come with me." He led them to the cave entrance to watch.
Back in the cave, everyone watched as the cage turned into energy and returned to where it had come from. Saeko blinked a couple of times, then stretched, her huge stomach not stopping her. Looking around at everybody, she realized what was going on. "Hey everyone. I guess I've changed a bit since you've seen me haven't I?" She sat up and reached out for Akira's hand, then looked at Setsuna. "Jeez Cousin, what's with the look? You'd think I was going to die or something..." Her attempt at humor fell flat. She looked at Usagi next. "Your Highness, I am sorry. I know we should have told you, but I was running out of energy fast. We barely made it here in time..." Saeko winced and grabbed at her stomach. "Speaking of time, this is it... If most of you wouldn't mind leaving, I think I'm going to have a baby now."