Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Doctor's Disease ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 18. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Somewhere in Mushiyori City, a psychic is forging a tunnel between the Demon and Human worlds. Yusuke has recruited Murota, a mind-reading human. But while trying to weed out the enemies by their thoughts, Murota was shot -- and the criminal mastermind made his introduction. The heroes have taken Murota to the hospital, where new danger awaits.

Chapter 18: The Doctor's Disease

********************************************************** ************************************************

“Everyone will dig graves. All seven of us will dig a hole. And then there’s Dark Angel, Gatekeeper, Sniper, Gourmet, Gamemaster, Doctor and Seaman.” Murota mumbled, once they got him to the hospital.

“I only got these from his mind, the others are filled with killing and blood. Don’t ask anymore. I don’t want to die.” he admitted.

“Four words: Is that their nicknames?” Yusuke asked.

“Most probably.” Murota nodded.

“It’s definitely got something to do with their abilities.” Genkai remarked.

“By the way, Yusuke. You didn’t give chase. Looks like you’ve grown.” she noted.

“I knew I won’t be able to catch up with him.” Yusuke admitted.

“I knew from one look that he’s not someone I’ll trifle with easily. Giving out such a deadly look, it’s as if he’s waiting for the enemy to step into a trap.”

“I agree.” Genkai nodded.

“But the one who shot Murota isn’t him. The bullet came from a direct direction. His look to us was only a signal.”

“Then what shot me?” Murota asked.

“This. A small piece of eraser.” Genkai replied.

“Eraser?” Yusuke echoed.

“But how can such a thing like that cut my forehead?” Murota pressed.

“It’s still have traces of spirit energy left. Wrapping it with spirit energy, the eraser will be as hard as a BB bullet and he used his mind to fire it.” Genkai added.

“I tried to follow the bullet’s trail to find the shooter, but the distance he’s in is more than five hundred meters. Even though I can’t see his face, I’m certain that he’s indeed powerful.”

************************************************* *********************************************************

“T hey didn’t come after us.” Sniper noted.

“Hn, Urameshi is surprisingly clam.” Sensui added.

“Seaman’s trailing Kurama’s group. Sniper informed.

“Not worry about them first. More importantly, is surveillance.” Sensui advised.

“Urameshi’s in the hospital, but they didn’t know that the Doctor is waiting for them.” he added.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

“SomeoneR 17;s expanding their territory.” Kido remarked.

“There’s also someone with a special ability in the hospital?” Yana exclaimed.

“Is it the Doctor?” Genkai wondered.

“Be careful and don’t get cornered. We don’t know where it’s coming form!” Yusuke warned.

Both Murota and Yana felt something on their hand.

Yana looked down and was shocked to find a bug injecting something into his bloodstream.

“What’s that?” he screamed.

“Yana!” Kido shouted.

“Kuso.” the shape shifter cursed as he slapped the bug.

The said bug disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Then, bluish marks started appearing on Yana’s skin.

“Yana! Murota!” Yusuke shouted.

“So cold!” Murota gasped, knelling on the floor.

“My body’s in pain.” Yana added.

“A fever?” Kido exclaimed.

“What’s was that?” Yusuke hissed.

“Isn’t a bug from the Makai. A disease starting virus. My suspicion were right; it is the Doctor.” Genkai noted.

“There aren’t only two of them.” she warned.

“We’re surrounded.” Kido remarked.

“What’s going on?” a nurse asked.

“Ah!” Kido gasped when he noticed the numerous bugs had started to coagulate on the nurse’s shoulders.

“Are you alright?” she asked.

“On your head and shoulders!” Yusuke shouted out.

Puzzled, the nurse looked over her shoulder.

“There’s nothing.” she added.

“What are you saying?” she questioned.

“Normal people can’t see and they obviously after us.” Yusuke noted.

“If this goes on, everyone will catch the virus.” he added.

“If we can’t find the caster, then those two’s illness will get more serious.” Genkai replied.

“Miss, please take care of them.” Yusuke shouted.

“Hey, no running in the hospital!” the nurse warned.

“How do we find him when there’s so many doctors in this hospital!” Kido cursed

“Just hit him when you see one.” Yusuke added.

“Not the best idea, but it’s the fastest.” Genkai agreed.

“Just don’t kill him.” Yusuke replied.

“Spilt up!” he ordered.

Genkai nodded, “When you find him, make a lot of noise.”

“I’ll get the first floor.” Kido replied.

“Good, the second floor’s mine.” Yusuke nodded.

“The enemy might not be one of the hospital’s doctors.” Genkai added.

Kido ran down the corridor only to bump into a nurse.

“Hey miss!” he shouted, grabbing the nurse.

“Yes?” the nurse stammered.

“There’s a criminal posing as a doctor in this hospital. Come with me and point out any doctor whom you don’t recognize.” he added.

“Hey, what are you shouting for? You’ll disturb the patients!” Doctor Kamiya warned coming into the scene.

“Doctor Kamiya! This person’s saying some strange things!” the nurse replied.

“Who are you? I’m going to call the police.” Doctor Kamiya threatened.

“Then call the police! There’s a dangerous person in the hospital! Believe me. My friends been injected with some kind of virus and are in critical condition. If we don’t act, the entire hospital will be in danger!” Kido warned.

Doctor Kamiya thought for a while before answering, “Alright, I’ll go with you. Please leave her first.”

“I know every personnel in this hospital, if I see anyone I don’t recognize, I’ll inform you.” he promised.

Turning to the nurse, he ordered her to call the police.

“Yes. But Doctor Kamiya…” she begun.

“Isn’t today your day off?” she asked.

With his cover blown, Doctor Kamiya quickly paralyzed Kido before killing the meddlesome nurse.

Kneeling beside the fallen Kido, Doctor Kamiya slit his wrist.

Then he added, “Serves you right. You’d be considered as a killer in board daylight, after killing the nurse, you committed suicide.”

“Urameshi, be careful.” Kido mumbled.

“Since they think the enemy’s an outsider to the hospital, it’s even better. I’ll kill everyone.” Kamiya promised.

******************************************************** **************************************************

“The situation is worse than I thought.” Kaitou remarked, looking around at the numerous bugs in the city.

“Aw…” Botan complained, swatting a fly that flew past her.

“Hey, you know I can’t see anything!” Kuwabara complained.

Icy had to restrain from rolling her eyes when Botan swatted yet another bug.

Pulling out a necklace on her neck, Icy activated it silently.

An invisible shield quickly surrounded the group, reflecting any bugs that came by.

“Wow.” was all Botan could say.

“Impressive.” Kurama noted.

Icy shrugged, “How do you think I managed to avoid Mars’ detection for so long?”

***************************************************** *****************************************************

Back in the hospital…

Another nurse came in and screamed.

“Doctor Kamiya, what’s doing on?” she asked.

Fff, the situation is getting worse. I have to cover over. Kamiya thought.

Out loud, he shouted, “Call the police immediately! There’s a suspicious man on the loose.”

On the second floor, Yusuke heard a scream and ran down immediately.

Genkai was on the sixth floor.

“The entire hospital is covered in the territory.” she noted.

“This way!” someone shouted.

“Back off!” Yusuke warned, rushing to the scene.

He was shocked to find Kido on the floor.

“Is this your friend?” one doctor asked Yusuke.

“It’s lucky we found him early.” another added.

“The suspect’s impersonating one of us.” another doctor remarked.

“So, it really isn’t one of the hospital’s doctors.” Yusuke realized.

Urameshi, you’re wrong. He’s here. Kuso, I can’t move. Kido cursed.

“Kido, where’s he?” Yusuke asked.

Getting no answer, Yusuke was about to leave when Kido expanded his territory.

Frozen in place, Yusuke finally knew what Kido was wanting to tell him.

“Could it be…” he wondered aloud.

Yes, he’s here! Kido mentally added.

I have to find a way to tell him. Any part of my body. Please move! Kido mentally pleaded.

Then, Yusuke noticed something.

Kido’s shadow was moving out from under his arm and tracing something on the floor with his blood.

“Kamiya? Is that the criminal’s name?” Yusuke exclaimed.

Then, he turned to find two doctors dead on the floor.

“Change of plans; kill everyone in the hospital.” Kamiya grinned.

“So it’s you. Kido, release me!’ Yusuke ordered.

With Kido knocked out, his territory vanished and Yusuke managed to avoid Kamiya’s attack.

Downstairs, a nurse was frantically calling the police when Kamiya’s bugs attacked her, spreading the virus.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

Keiko and Shizuru had arrived in the hospital, guided by Puu.

When the bugs attacked them, Shizuru managed to get them out of danger and into the lift.

************************************************************ **********************************************

Kamiya went on the explain that with is ability, he can create viruses with only his mind and that Yana and Murota had only ten minutes left.

Enraged, Yusuke started raining punches on the Doctor.

Kamiya was thrown to the ground, only to jump back up seconds later.

He counterattacked, only to have Yusuke dodge every one of them.

With a quick upper-cut, Kamiya was thrown back.

He went on the say that once his abilities was awaken, he made changes to his body. Now, he could control his body chemicals with his mind; so he could not fell pain.

Kamiya then leapt at Yusuke, with every intention to cut him open.

Yusuke, however, calmly readied his attack.

With a ‘Spirit Gun’, he shot Kamiya’s arm off.

The shot went through the window.

“You forgot.” Kamiya grinned.

“Re-attaching limbs is part of a doctor’s job.” he added, taking his detached limb and re-attaching it back in place.”

**************************************************** ******************************************************

“Yusu ke…” Icy frowned, when she saw Yusuke’s ‘Spirit Gun’ shot in the sky.

“The hospital!” Kaitou exclaimed.

Retracting her shield, Icy took off in the hospital’s direction, with the rest on her heels.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

SailorStar9: And another chapter down. Read and review.