Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Caught in the Rain ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 20. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: As Sensui's plan continues, Kuwabara and his friends attend a rock concert. However, they are ambushed by Sensui's next minion: Seaman, a person with the ability to create monsters out of water. With his friends held hostage, Kuwabara must battle Seaman alone.

Chapter 20: Caught in the Rain

************************************************************* *********************************************

Two days had passed since the last chapter and we see Yusuke and Kuwabara on the school roof top having lunch.

Kurama had told Yusuke that his group had been followed as well.

With one down, six were left.

“Kamiya knew what would happen, yet he still insisted on opening the tunnel.” Yusuke informed his companion.

“Reckless.” Kuwabara noted.

“Most probably.” Yusuke agreed.

“I don’t understand.” Kuwabara exclaimed.

“You mean why a human is trying to destroy his own race?” Yusuke supplied.

“I can’t even imagine why they’ll do that!” Kuwabara added.

“We’ve only two weeks. During this time, we have to find the center of the tunnel.” Yusuke remarked.

Just then, Botan came rushing in.

“Yusuke! I’ve bad news!” she cried out, the Makai suitcase in her hand.

“What’s the matter, Botan? You look pale.” Yusuke noted.

“The tunnel’s going to be opened in another one week’s time!” Botan cried out.

“Nani?” didn’t you say we still have two weeks?” Yusuke exclaimed.

“I don’t know the details.” Botan admitted, as she opened the suitcase.

Koenma’s face appeared on the screen.

“Yusuke, I’ve bad news. The deadline’s been shortened to one week.” Koenma reported.

“What’s doing on?” Yusuke demanded.

Koenma went on to tell him that they had not known about the tunnel’s exact location until Kurama’s report.

They had now found the precise location of the tunnel, in the infamous caves of Mushiyori City.

“Good. Then contact Kurama and the others.” Yusuke nodded.

Then, he noticed Kuwabara’s grim face.

“I’m not going today.” Kuwabara replied.

“Why?” Yusuke asked.

Blushing slightly, Kuwabara produced a ticket.

“It’s the first day of the Megarica concert today.” he announced.

Both Botan and Yusuke seethed angrily.

“Kuwabara, we’re going to be late!” Kuwabara’s gang shouted.

“The end of the world is at nigh and you still have the heart to watch a concert?” Yusuke exclaimed as a fight cloud assued between the two.

Breaking apart, Kuwabara questioned, “If you had a ticket to a battle tournament, what would you do?”

“I’ve been waiting for this for almost a year. The tickets were almost sold-out and I’ve fought hard for this ticket. Even if the world ends tomorrow, I’ll go today!” Kuwabara shouted.

Yusuke shrugged, “Do as you please, I don’t have to time to look after you.”

As the two argued, Botan thought, The Ningenkai’s really going to end.

*************************************************************************** *******************************

Earlier that day, Kurama and Icy met up at the train station as usual.

“Skipping school?” Icy quirked a knowing brow at him.

Kurama merely nodded, “I have to ask Koenma something personally.”

“I’ll go too.” Icy added.

Kurama rose a brow.

“There’s a suspicion I have to confirm.” she replied.

Kurama merely nodded, not really wanting to ask further.

A couple of hours passed and George was complaining as he was forced to lead the pair to the library.

“What’s all this racket?” Koenma asked standing on a ladder.

He looked down to be met by Kurama and Icy’s stares.

“You know who the mastermind is, Koenma.” Kurama accused flat-out.

Very straight forward. Icy noted.

Koenma faltered a little, “What do you think you are to question me like that?”

“You know he’s more powerful than all of us combined. You knew we won’t be able to defeat him on our own. That’s why you ordered the tunnel to be shut down.” Kurama pointed out.

Koenma was silent.

“Just answer me this Koenma; is it who I think he is?” Icy posted her questioned.

Koenma gave her a ‘who-are-you-talking-about’ look.

Icy returned a ‘you-know-exactly-who-I-am-talking-about’ look.

Koenma remained silent.

********************************************************** ************************************************

Back in the Ningenkai, “Nani? Even Kurama and Icy too?” Yusuke exclaimed.

Kaitou nodded, “The two of them didn’t go to school today.”

“In that case, I’ll act alone.” Yusuke hissed.

“Calm down.” Genkai advised.

“Even though we know where the tunnel is, it’s better not to go off alone. We wait for the two to contact us.”

Both Kaitou and Yana agreed.

“Hn! I’ve better things to do!” Yusuke shouted as he went for the door.

“And where are you doing?” Genkai asked.

“The Game Center!” Yusuke shouted back.

“He won’t go off alone, would he?” Yana asked.

“If he’s that stupid, he’ll be dead already. He’s worried about Kuwabara.” Genkai noted.

Outside, it was raining cats and dogs.

************************************************************ **********************************************

Back with Kuwabara, it was after the concert and he and his gang were contemplating on going to which karaoke to sing their hearts out.

They were happily discussing their options until Okubo noticed something.

A hand made out of solidified water was emerging from the wet floor.

A sound from behind alerted the other three.

“Okubo?” Sawamura asked.

He turned to see a water-like figure coming out of the ground.

“Kuwabara, what’s that?” he shouted.

Kuwabara turned just as the figure shot a stream of water towards his friend.

He quickly shielded Sawamura with his palm.

“Come out.” Kuwabara hissed.

Kiyoshi Mitarai appeared before him.

“I’ve been waiting for a raining day like this. When it rains this hard, my powers are at its max.” he informed them.

A fully-grown water figure was beside him, holding Okubo in its grasp.

“I’ll make sure all of you are dead.” he promised.

“I’ve been following you for quite some time.” he added.

Sneering at Kuwabara, he commented, “You’re quite foolish to go off on your own without any protection.”

Peeling his bandage off, Mitarai dropped a few drops of his blood onto a puddle of rainwater beside him.

The water foamed and grew, eventually turning into a small-sized water figure.

“You see, I can create these beauties with my blood. The more blood I add into it, the stronger it becomes.” Mitarai added.

Enraged, Sawamura ran forward to punch the water figure, only to be beaten back by a punch in the gut.

Moments later, Mitarai had both Sawamura and Kirishima in his grasp.

Kuwabara was outraged and desperate.

Where’s my Spirit Energy when I need it? he wondered.

“Imbecile!” Genkai screamed, knocking Yusuke on the head when he came back.

“What did you do that for?” Yusuke shouted.

Grabbing him by his shirt, Genkai screamed, “Kuwabara’s without his Spirit Energy right now! He’s venerable to the enemy!”

“How would I know where his gone?’ Yusuke shouted back.

Genkai sighed before telling Yusuke that Kuwabara’s powers would become dormant with the coming of Sensui's plan, in order for his true ability to awaken.

“Darn it! I’m going!” Yusuke shouted, jumping up and taking off.

“I’m coming too!’ Botan added, following Yusuke.

Kuwabara was having a hard time with his three friends caught.

And to make matters worse, Mitarai’s water monster had drawn them into its body.

If Kuwabara did not act fast, they were going to drown!

With one last ditch of effort, Kuwabara threw himself into the monster.

Mitarai laughed manically, certain that Kuwabara will die.

Kuwabara was punching the monster furiously.

Just as Mitarai was about to celebrate his victory, something unexpected happened.

Kuwabara actually broke free of his monster.

It was then that Mitarai realized that Kuwabara was the one Sensui was looking for; the one who could cut through dimensions.

Then to the injured Mitarai’s surprise (A/N: Kuwabara’s dimension sword sliced his chest.),

Kuwabara picked him up along with his three buddies and headed for Yusuke’s apartment.

******************************************************* ***************************************************

SailorStar9: And end of Chapter 20. Read and review.