Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Kuwabara: Awakening ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. Sorry for the short chapter guys! I suck with fight scenes. This is Chapter 21. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Mitarai awoke the next day all bandaged up. The ‘Chapter Black’ tape is mentioned and Koenma reveals the name of the mastermind: Shinobu Sensui who happened to be a former spirit detective!

Chapter 22: Kuwabara: Awakening

******************************************************** **************************************************

The next morning, Mitarai was startled awake, before wincing in pain from his injury from the night before.

He was stunned to see three pairs of eyes looking at him.

“Hey.” Yusuke greeted the younger boy.

“Where am I?” Mitarai stammered.

“My room.” Yusuke supplied.

Pointing to a dozing Kuwabara, he added that he (Kuwabara) was found out cold in front of his (Yusuke) apartment with four unconscious people on his back.

“The other three will be fine. They’ll forget what they saw yesterday.” Kurama added.

“You might as well tell us everything. I must warn you first, keeping mute isn’t going to help you. We have a friend who can copy anyone.” Yusuke warned.

“We… won’t be alive…” Mitarai stammered.

“We? Are you referring to your partners?” Kurama asked.

“I’m referring to the human race. You would think so too if you saw that tape.” Mitarai replied.

“Tape? What’s that?” Yusuke asked.

“The ‘Black Chapter’ I’m assuming.” Icy said, looking pointedly at Mitarai.

The injured boy nodded.

“The ‘Black Chapter’?” Kurama frowned.

Yusuke turned his attention to the two.

“It’s a top secret tape kept in the Makai’s intensive library and it contains the darkest sins of mankind.” Kurama elaborated.

And Hiei wants to get his hands on it. That baka. Icy mentally retorted.

“I know there’s a tape in existence, but I never expected it to be connected with this. Now, I’m beginning to understand a little.” Kurama admitted.

“If you saw that tape, you’ll know the terrible wrongdoings humans have done and your virtues would be changed!” Mitarai ranted.

“So what?” Yusuke fumed, coming face to face with the injured boy.

“So you’re saying that human deserve to be eaten by the demon?” he pressed.

“That’s right!” Mitarai spat as he continued ranting on the contents of the ‘Black Chapter’.

In the end, Mitarai slammed his fist onto the bed.

“Yusuke, let him rest.” Kurama advised.

“Alright.” Yusuke agreed and the three stepped out.

“A tape that records every wrongdoing of man. Is the contents really that bad?” Yusuke questioned.

“I would think so. Any ordinary human who watched it for five minutes will have his moral
completely turned about.” Kurama replied.

“Don’t scare me like that!” Yusuke complained.

Kurama laughed, “Don’t’ worry, it’s only the other side of humanity.”

“But, it isn’t surprising that he took it as a literal sense. The ‘Black Chapter’ is so violent that only selected people in the Makai can watch it.” he added grimly.

“There was once a time I wanted to see it.” he admitted.

Yusuke glared at him.

Kurama rose a hand in protest, “Was! Was!”

“Oh yes, I didn’t tell you where I…” Kurama changed the topic, only to be met by Icy’s stare.

“Okay, us, went.” he corrected.

“Oh yeah.” Yusuke nodded in agreement.

“Actually, we went to see Koenma.” Kurama replied.

“Koenma? You just have to use the Makai TV.” Yusuke replied.

“Because I have something I needed to ask him personally.” Kurama admitted.

“Koenma knows the name of our enemy.” he added.

Yusuke exclaimed, “What!”

Kurama nodded, “I've arranged a formal meeting to-Huh?” when he noticed Yusuke was gone

Yusuke was in front of the Makai TV, screaming at Koenma, “Earth to toddler b!#$! You better cough up some answers before I put that pacifier ten inches down your throat!”

Kurama face-faulted, “Not quite what I had in mind…”

Icy sweatdropped.

“And you guys always wonder how I kept my sanity.” she mumbled.

********************************************************* *************************************************

“I see… so the tape’s in use here.” Koenma nodded.

“You knew it all along. Then why did you still keep quiet?” Yusuke demanded.

“One reason is that I don’t have solid evidence. But the real explanation is that I still can’t believe this fact.” Koenma admitted.

“What’s going on?” Yusuke frowned.

“My conclusion is that the mastermind’s name is…” Koenma added.

“Shinobu Sensui.” Icy breathed in disbelief.

“You knew?” Yusuke screeched.

“A well-placed suspicion.” Icy replied.

“That guys, he was once a Spirit Detective.” Koenma dropped the bombshell.

He went on to explain that Sensui was only in high school when he was recruited as a Spirit Detective and he had a very strong sense of justice. But ten years ago, he disappeared.

Koenma remembered a phase that Sensui usually carried in his mouth before his disappearance: Did humanity have a right to live, a right to be protected? It was at that time that the ‘Black Chapter’ tape got missing.

********************************************************* *************************************************

SailorStar9: Short chapter I know, but I’m not particularly good with explanations.