Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Sensui's Fall ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. Sorry for the long wait guys. My brain refused to work with me. This is Chapter 22. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth, Flame of Rekka and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Koenma arrives at Yusuke's apartment in his grown up teen form, carrying with him vital information regarding the current case. He explains how Sensui snapped after watching the ‘Chapter Black’ tape some ten years ago. Moments after explaining his story, Sensui appears with Sniper.

Chapter 22: Sensui's Fall

************************************************************* *********************************************

“We have around… two hours before Koenma arrives.” Kurama noted, looking at the wall clock.

Right now, he, Icy, Yusuke, Genkai and Kuwabara were in Yusuke’s kitchen.

“Good.” Icy nodded.

“Wake me up when he comes.” she added, stifling a yawn.

“No sleep?” Yusuke asked.

Icy merely nodded.

“I was up all night.” she replied.

“Doing what?” Yusuke teased, looking pointedly at Kurama.

“Research Yusuke. Get your mind off the gutter.” Kurama mumbled, flushing.

“Yusuke.” Icy begun flatly.

“Yes?” Yusuke asked his ex-partner.

“Run.” was all Icy said.

Yusuke gulped and took off.

Genkai hid a smile and Kurama chuckled.

Kuwabara rolled off his chair, bursting in laughter.

Icy snickered.

“Works every time.”

***************************************************** *****************************************************

After they got Yusuke back, Koenma arrived at Yusuke's apartment in his grown up teen form, carrying with him vital information regarding the current case.

Sensui, like Kuwabara, had incredibly strong spirit awareness.

Koenma had full confidence in him, and appointed him as a Spirit Detective.

Sensui had a strong sense of distinguishing between evil and good, so there was nothing really to be worried about.

“Then what made him turn 180 degrees around?” Kurama asked.

“He had a strong sense of justice, yes, but he was also stubborn.” Koenma replied.

“He always viewed demons as a scourge that must be destroyed. Demons were an enemy, not only to him, but also to the entire human race.”

“But one thing happened that caused him to mistrust the ones he had chosen to protect. All because of an order I gave. That order was the last one I ever gave him.” Koenma replied regretfully.

“That order was to seal the tunnel.” he added.

“It’s the same thing we’re doing right now.” Kuwabara noted.

“At that time, the tunnel was only 10 meters in diameter at max. Sakyo and the Black Black Club then took advantage of the tunnel that was widening, capturing lower class demons and selling them in a growing industry in the black market.” Koenma added.

“Sakyo ?” Kurama echoed.

“That jerk’s been doing this kind of thing ever since I was in kindergarten?” Yusuke exclaimed.

Koenma nodded.

“After getting reliable info that there would be an exchange in a manor in the deep mountains, Sensui was ordered to get there with his partner. At that time, Sakyo was only using weak demons, unlike the ones like the Toguro brothers. Sensui was ordered to destroy them, and then his world turned upside. The beings he thought were good, were doing crueler things than he had seen any demon do.”

“That’s the same thing when we crashed Tarukane’s party.” Kuwabara noted.

“There’s a difference in that. Sensui… he killed every human present.” Koenma revealed.

“I see, so Sensui snapped.” Icy easily guessed what happened.

Koenma nodded, “Yes, he snapped.”

“That was when he disappeared with the ‘Black Chapter’.” he added.

“Fff. That’s why I always say that people like him are very difficult.” Yusuke scoffed.

Koenma nodded, “Precisely why I choose you after Sensui failed. I wanted someone who wouldn't think too much.”

Kurama nodded in agreement, “Yes, of course!”

Yusuke death-panned, “Don't be too quick to defend me, pal!”

Kurama sweatdropped and laughed weakly, “Sorry. Ha, ha…”

Icy rolled her eyes.

“Men.” she muttered.

“But what I would want to know is why he chose to act after ten years.” Icy remarked, turned serious.

“I’m not sure. But one thing’s for certain, once he acts, there’s no stopping him.” Koenma replied.

Moments after explaining his story, Sensui appeared with Sniper.

“People, we have company.” Icy hissed, her attention turned to the building opposite
Yusuke’s apartment.

“Sensui.” Yusuke hissed.

Sniper rose a hand and prepared to fire the die to the building they were in.

Kuwabara gasped when he realized where Sniper was aiming for.

“Oh no! Mitarai!” he shouted, running over to the next room.

Sniper flicked the die.

“Get down!” Kuwabara shouted in warning.

Time seemed to stop when he flung himself at the unsuspecting boy.

The die never met its target as a blue flash swept across the space between Sniper and the room Mitarai was in.

Mitarai was wincing in pain from his injuries.

“Gomen!” Kuwabara apologized.

“What happened?” Botan gasped.

“Sensui attacked.” Kuwabara informed.

“Lower your head and hide behind the wall.” he advised.

Then Mitarai noticed something that fell out of his pocket.

“This… a tracking device?” he wondered.

******************************************************** **************************************************

“Nani? 221; Sniper frowned.

A dragon of pure ice materialized before Sensui and Sniper.

“That’s…” Koenma gasped in recognition as he turned to Icy.

The girl’s left forearm was glowing in her planet’s color.

As he suspected, Icy was the one who summoned the dragon.

“Yes, one of the eight Mercury dragons.” Icy confirmed.

“It’s the first time I’ve truly needed him.” she admitted.

“Mitarai, I’ve always knew you’re the weak link and you’ll betray us one day. All your
movements are within my grasp.” Sensui informed him.

Yusuke complained, “What I wouldn't give to know what stupid bedazzled forehead was saying!”

Kurama supplied, “He's saying they let Sea Man go so they could follow him to us.”

Yusuke exclaimed, “No kidding? You can hear him all the way up there?”

Kurama shrugged, “Not exactly.”

Genkai added, “We are lip reading. You should try it sometime.”

“I never thought the person we’re looking for would be one of our enemies. It’s ironic, but it seems that fate has made it this way.” Sensui added.

“Kuso. Once he becomes an obstacle, he’ll be killed.” Kuwabara hissed.

Ticked off, the redhead ran outside.

“Matte!” Mitarai shouted out.

Then he winced again.

“Don’t move yet!’ Botan warned.

“We have to stop him.” Mitarai added.

“Kuwabara… he’s the one Sensui’s been looking for. Once he caught, Kuwabara’s a goner.” Mitarai gasped.

“What did you say?” Botan exclaimed.

******************************************************* ***************************************************

Both Yusuke and Kuwabara leapt out to challenge the opposition.

“Now you know why I partnered you with Yusuke.” Koenma remarked to Icy.

“Lemme guess, I’m the only one who can stop him from rushing into doing things he’ll regret later.” Icy commented.

“Exactly.” Koenma nodded.

“Get back to rest, Kuwabara!” Yusuke shouted.

“I don’t need you to tell me! It’s due to Mitarai’s help that I managed to regain my Spirit Energy.” Kuwabara shouted back.

“The Dimension Sword.” Sensui sneered.

“Kuwabara can cut through dimensions; the dimension that separates the Makai and the Ningenkai. First we catch him. The rest can be slaughtered later.” he added.

“Found him!” Yusuke shouted, upon spotting Sensui.

Sensui held up two fingers.

Yusuke was confused, “Love and peace?”

Kuwabara retorted, “No you jerk, he's making a V for victory sign before we start!”

“Two more days before the tunnel opens.” Sensui informed them.

“Nani?” the two hotheads exclaimed.

“Why are you so surprised? Or did you think that you’ve more time? I reckon it’s the latter, so no harm in telling you that.” Sensui mocked.

Kurama, Koenma, Icy and Genkai arrived to the scene.

“Sensui.” Koenma said.

“It’s been a while.” Sensui added.

“Yusuke, don’t get too close to him he has the same technique as you do, gathering his Spirit Energy in one shot. But I’m not really sure how much his power has increased after ten years.” Koenma warned.

“I see. This is interesting.” Yusuke smirked as he stepped forward.

“Yusuke!’ Koenma shouted out.

Walking towards Sensui, he remarked, “Hey Senior. From what I heard, you snapped didn’t you?”

“That’s a misunderstanding. I only seen the truth.” Sensui replied.

“I’ll stop you.” Yusuke promised.

“It’s useless.” Sensui commented.

The two adversaries powered up.

“Hey, they aren’t fighting in the middle of the street, are they?” Kuwabara exclaimed.

“You won’t understand by hearsay. I’ll like to have a taste of your power.” Sensui
remarked.

With a swift zigzag movement, Yusuke caught Sensui unawares.

Or so he thought, when Sensui easily blocked his punch with his arm.

With a quick kick, Sensui swatted Yusuke away.

“Kuso.” Yusuke hissed as he came back for a counterattack.

Sensui simply blocked his fist, sweeping it away with his arm.

Changing Yusuke’s attack direction, he delivered a swift kick to his side.

Yusuke skidded to a stop.

“What are you doing, Urameshi!” Kuwabara shouted.

“Uh oh, Sensui’s a difficult opponent.” Kurama noted.

“He didn’t dodge Yusuke’s attack, neither did he confront it directly. He changed Yusuke’s attack direction while maintaining his original posture.” Kurama added.

“That’s the Resshu-ken style!” Genkai commented.

“The Resshu-ken style?” Both Kurama and Kuwabara echoed.

“That’s right.” Sensui noted.

“To to add to that…” he commented, powering up an energy orb.

“I can mix my Spirit Energy to create a unique formation. This is my ‘Resshu kokyu-ha’.” he announced, tossing the ball to the group.

“Look out!’ Yusuke screamed.

The energy orb thundered towards Yusuke, before finding its way up into the sky.

Elsewhere, Gourmet remarked, “That’s the signal. Let’s go.”

******************************************************* ***************************************************

SailorStar9: And Chapter 22 goes up. Read and review.