Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Icy’s Anger, Gourmet's Guest ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is 29. Read and review.
Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.
Chapter Summary: Only two hours remain before the tunnel opens unleashing a horde of hungry demons upon the world of the living. Icy steps forth to battle Gamemaster for the right to move on to Sensui's lair and Yusuke senses that one of them will not make it out alive.
Chapter 29: Game Over

The ‘Game Master’ wanted everyone to stay and play with him.
Once the Makai door opened, the ‘Game Master’ would lose willingly.
“I know as much of games as I do of hugs and puppies, and care even less. Wake me for the end of the world.” Hiei retorted.
Massive sweatdrops all around.
Kurama deducted that Sensui was using the ‘Game Master’.
The ‘Game Master’ pulled the slot machine and the next round was decided to be a weird form of Tetris.
Icy stepped up to the challenge.
Kaitou explained the rules.
“I take it was Sensui wanted you to play this against us.” Icy commented.
“Yup.” the ‘Game Master’ nodded.
“I see.” Icy seethed in silent anger and squeezed her hand so hard that it scratched her palm.
“Do you really know what Sensui is doing?” she asked.
“Of course! The monsters will destroy the world. Isn’t this great? We don’t need to go to school.” ‘Game Master’ replied happily.
“As long as I stay in my territory, I’ll be fine.” he added.
“But if you lose this game, you’ll pay with your life.” Icy reminded him plainly.
‘Game Master’ blinked.
“Haven’t you thought of this, anou?” she asked, almost in a motherly-like manner.
“Hey, you’ve sneaky! I won’t fall for that!” ‘Game Master’ exclaimed.
“You played this more than I have, so you should know the ending better than I do. Remember anou, the truth always hurts.” Icy reminded him.
Yusuke yelled at her to beat the ‘Game Master’ at all costs.
Icy knew the ‘Game Master’ was merely a sacrificial lamb for Sensui to buy time for the Makai door.
“If my guess is right, this is your first time playing this game.” Icy remarked.
The ‘Game Master’ nodded.
“I’m also guessing that you don’t even know the extend of your power. In bringing this game to reality, it has a very strong denotation of death. Sensui should’ve stopped you.” she added.
“Wait a minute. Since he just said he had no intention of killing us, then he has no reason to put his life on stake.” Yusuke pointed out.
“You’re right Yusuke. He has no intention of doing so.” Kurama nodded.
“In other words anou, you’re merely a sacrificial lamb for Sensui.” Icy added.
“Game start! The first to allow the block to pile up onto the top loses.” the announcement came.

“That’s harsh. As along as we don’t give up, we’ll still keep our lives. But once ‘Game Master’ loses, he has to die!” Yusuke noted.
“Sensui knew about this and he still allowed the kid to play this. ‘Game Master’ doesn’t know the risks. I’m assuming Sensui kept it from him. He knew that we won’t be able to kill him in cold blood.” Genkai replied.
“But she has to defeat the boy. This is what we call reverse-psychology. Icy had to point out the risks to the ‘Game Master’ straight in the face to unsettle him. In this way, we can make sure we defeat ‘Game Master’ in the appointed time. That’s the most unhanded and cruelest method, but we have no other choice.” Genkai replied.
“So that’s why she wanted to take up this challenge.” Kurama noted, finally realizing what Icy had in her mind.
Genkai nodded, “She knew you didn’t have the heart to do it. That’s why she sacrificed herself; to protect you.”
Oh gods Blue…. You didn’t have to. Kurama wondered, his eyes staring unwaveringly at Icy’s back.

Sensui wants to sacrifice me? No way! the ‘Game Master’ thought in disbelief.
Flashbacks to the time he first met Sensui in the game center.
When the flashback was over, ‘Game Master’ started to panic and make mistakes.
His blocks started to pile up and he realized that he was losing.
“Hey, don’t you have any way out of this?” ‘Game Master’ asked nervously.
“Isn’t there any way to exit this game once you’re in it?” Icy returned a questioned.
“No. Because I’m a character myself. I can only wait until the other party gives up.” ‘Game Master’ replied.
“Then all I can say is: I have no intention on giving up.” Icy told him.
“You knew about Sensui’s plan, yet you still aided him. You should bare some responsibility here anou.” she added.
“But, I have no idea it’ll turn out like this. I… I don’t want to die.” ‘Game Master’ stammered.
“A pebble dropped in a pond will cause ripples, anou. Remember that.” Icy commented just as ‘Game Master’s’ blocks finally stacked up all the way to the top.
Icy mercilessly defeated the ‘Game Master’ and the ‘Game Master’ laid on the floor, dead.
“Game over. ‘Game Master’ loses! ‘Game Master’ loses!” the announcement came.
There was a sudden earthquake and the "G" gate/door exploded.

Meanwhile, Kuwabara was yelling at Sensui again.
Makihara decided to tape Kuwabara's mouth.

After the earthquake, Yusuke and his group ran forward to Icy who was kneeling beside the fallen ‘Game Master’.
“Forgive me anou, but I have to do this.” she whispered.
“Yana, take him.” Genkai ordered
Yana nodded and took ‘Game Master’ out of Icy’s hands.
Genkai and her group carried the ‘Game Master’ back to the entrance.
Hiei, Kurama, Icy, Yusuke, and Mitarai continued ahead.
Icy’s eyes were stony and that shocked Yusuke.
He remarked that the only time he saw her this way was when she turned ‘Assassin Mode’ during one of their cases.
Kurama blinked, still keeping a close distance from his mate who was emitting a forbearing aura.

In the city, Keiko and Yusuke's mother got out of a taxi.
Keiko seemed worried.
Botan was at the cave entrance celebrating because the sky suddenly cleared.
Just then, Koenma came and explained that Botan must remain at the entrance and when another earthquake happens, Botan was to report to the Reikai.
Koenma said he will take out his pacifier if they needed it.

Continuing on, Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama, Icy and Mitarai entered the center of the cave.
They found Kuwabara in the boat, on the lake, at the center of the center of the cave and below the Makai door.
He was unable to escape.

SailorStar9: Wow, and another chapter goes up. Read and review.