Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ Spirit Detective Showdown ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 30. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: Icy’s anger has sentenced Toguro to an eternity of suffering, forever chasing his foiled revenge. But the tunnel to Demon World is opening. Can Yusuke's team still save the human race? Only a dramatic showdown between the past and present Spirit Detectives will reveal the truth!

Chapter 30: Spirit Detective Showdown

********************************************************* *************************************************

“Okay, where’s Kuwabara?” Yusuke demanded.

“Or have you decided to recede your promise huh?” he sneered.

“Not to worry. Kuwabara’s always returned.” Sensui replied.

The boat came drifting by, and no Kuwabara.

A muffle came somewhere behind them and the group noticed a tied-up Kuwabara sitting on the ground.

“What happened, Kuwabara?” Kurama asked, as he quickly knelt by the bound Kuwabara and removing his gag.

“Someone just get me untied.” Kuwabara complained.

“Kura, stand aside.” Icy commented, summoning her psychic device.

The redhead wisely did what he was told.

“Kuwabara, don’t move.” Icy advised as the blade extended into a rapier.

With a swift downward slash, the ropes were cut off.
“I don’t know what happened. A shadow just came underneath me and wham, I’m caught.” Kuwabara answered Kurama’s question.
“Like that?” Hiei questioned, pointing to the huge shadow that moved on the ground.
Before Kuwabara could answer, the shadow was beneath them and a face emerged from the ground to capture them.

With her Assassin instinct kicking in, Icy leapt out of harm’s way fairly easily.

The Assassin’s Guild only took targets that were considered corrupt. If someone was killed by the Assassin's Guild, it usually came out sometime, years later occasionally, that there was some kind of deceit in their work. The Assassin's Guild killed only those who were bettering themselves at the cost of others.

During the Silver Millennium, she had been an Elite Assassin, one of the very few trained elites who kill by how much someone pays them, and by how evil the target is.

With her ascension to Sailor Selece, every bit of her memories came back, including those that Queen Selenity had wanted to hide.

“Very impressive, though I expected nothing less from an elite like you.” Sensui applauded.

“Flattery will get you nowhere.” Icy warned. Automatically, eight throwing daggers appeared between her fingers.

“Touché.” Sensui smiled.

A mouth had split Yusuke out.

“By the way Sensui, I never did pay you back for killing my teacher.” Icy spat.

“Oh you mean Black?” Sensui quirked a brow.

“It was pretty easy to get rid of that old geezer. Nobody can survive getting bombed.” Sensui shrugged.

Icy seethed silently.

Anger might not be good in a battle, but cold anger on the other hand, is a very reliable ally.

Now Icy knew what Mercury meant when he said she was more in tuned with her element.

The gem on her headpiece was her Planet Crystal, the core of her soul of ice.

Every Planet had a Planet Crystal with powers exceeding that of the Ginzuishou. The mere fact still remained that the Ginzuishou drew more than half of it’s powers from all nine planets. This enhanced the crystal and made it originally stronger than it was intended to be.

Serenity had known this and she had no qualms in sacrificing her Senshi to attain the power her mother used to have.

Turning to her ex-partner, Icy asked, “Yusuke, do I fight this, or am I sitting this one out?”

Cracking his knuckles, Yusuke replied, “You just sit this one out.”

Icy shrugged and leaned against a wall.

“Be reminded Yusuke, I’ll butt in if I think you can’t handle this.” she warned.

Yusuke gave her a grin and a thumbs-up before focusing on Sensui.
Icy rolled her eyes and summoned her Kekkai Dragon.

********************************************************** ************************************************

Back with Kurama and the others, they were swallowed up by Itsuki’s Dark Spirit.

When Kuwabara asked what Itsuki liked so much about Sensui, Itsuki replied that he likes
everything about him.

When he noticed that there was still one person short, Itsuki excused himself and went out to capture Icy.

“Lousy trick Itsuki. It would have worked on anyone, but then again, I’m not anyone.” Icy retorted as she leapt out of Itsuki’s shadow.

Not having caught it’s prey, the idol-like figure emerged from the ground.

Forming a flaming ice bow with her powers, Icy produced an arrow with the same element and mounted it on the bow.

Mars is so going to kill me for ripping off her weapon. she thought.

Without a beat of her eyelid, she fired the said arrow which went straight for the Uraotoko’s heart.

Itsuki’s demon crumbled.

“Fff.” she snorted.

“Sensui, kindly tell that partner of yours to stop using such underhanded tricks. You know I have a bone to pick with you.” she replied.

“You heard her, Itsuki. Stop it.” Sensui ordered.

Itsuki rolled his eyes, but obeyed nonetheless.

***************************************************** *****************************************************

With that over, Yusuke and Sensui’s fight began.

Punches were thrown and it seemed that Yusuke had to upper hand… for a while.

Sensui began to show his true abilities when he started returning Yusuke’s blows.

However a while later, Yusuke showed he had another trick up his sleeve.

After attempting to punch Sensui, he missed, hitting the ground instead.

Thinking that Yusuke was to attack from above, Sensui was about to land a punch as the dust settled, only to find that Yusuke was not where he thought he was.

“Down here.” Yusuke smirked.

With a swift punch, he landed Sensui in the water.

“Guess you didn’t mention that you couldn’t swim.” Yusuke shrugged.

“Don’t be too sure yet, Yusuke. Look.” Icy said, pointing to the bubbling water.

Sensui had risen from the pool, his shirt gone, revealing war scars.

“Think you still can take him on now?” Icy asked her ex-partner.

“Of course.” Yusuke scoffed.

“Pride will lead to a downfall, Yusuke. Remember that.” Icy advised.

“In that case, henshinn if you like.” Yusuke grinned.

Icy rose a brow.

“I’m not battling Sensui in my senshi form, Yusuke. I’m fighting him in my Assassin form.” she told him.

“Yeah right.” Yusuke rolled his eyes, thinking at she was joking.

Then, when he caught her stony look, Yusuke asked, “You aren’t joking, are you?”

“I’m not joking, Yusuke.” Icy told him flatly.

********************************************************** ************************************************

SailorStar9: Wow, I can’t believe it. I managed to keep up with the anime! Read and review.