Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Red And Blue ❯ The Difference Maker ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, and another chapter goes up. This is Chapter 31. Read and review.

Disclaimers: YYH, Magic Knight Rayearth and Sailor Moon aren’t mine.

Chapter Summary: As the epic battle between Yusuke and Sensui continues, Yusuke learns that he is no match for the former Spirit Detective. As Sensui prepares the finishing blow, aid comes in a most unexpected package. And what is the truth behind Sensui's unique personalities?

Chapter 31: The Difference Maker

************************************************************ **********************************************

“That’s cold.” Sensui noted as he emerged from the water.

“Prepare to feel pain.” he hissed, as a ball of Rei energy emerged from the water at his command.

The ball however over his hand for a while, before numerous similar Rei balls appeared around him, surrounding Sensui in a wall.

Thrusting his hand forward, Sensui commanded the balls to attack Yusuke.

Yusuke managed to dodge the first wave of Rei balls, but was hit by the next wave.

On the floor now, the rest of Sensui’s Rei balls were converging on him.

Sensui looked on, pleased as a large explosion was heard and a dust cloud gathered around the fallen Yusuke.

When the could settle, Sensui was mildly surprised to find Yusuke was unharmed.

“That didn’t even hurt a bit!” Yusuke declared as he ran towards Sensui, preparing yet another attack.

Sensui quickly called forth a second wave of Rei balls and before Yusuke knew anything, he was bombarded by the second wave.

Deciding to finish this, Sensui sent a third wave of Rei balls at Yusuke.

Icy just had enough of Sensui’s torment and she jumped into the battle.

However when the cloud settled, Sensui was shocked to see Yusuke relatively unharmed.

Icy was beside her former partner and an ice dragon was towering over the two.

“Why do I have to save your sorry butt every time we work together?” she remarked.

“I resent that.” Yusuke mumbled.

“Still think you can take him on now?” she asked.

“Yup.” Yusuke nodded, getting up.

Icy sighed and rolled her eyes.

With Icy out of the way, Yusuke rushed towards Sensui, resuming the fight.

Sensui was prepared for his attack when Yusuke did something rather unexpected; he jumped into the pool.


Various sweatdrops all around.

********************************************************** ************************************************

“What a moron.” Hiei remarked.

Icy was banging her head on the rock wall.

Why me, why me, why me? Why me? she screamed.

Careful dear. We don’t want you to get a concussion. Kurama’s joking voice entered her head.

My own partner is such an idiot! she replied back.

At least he’s surprising. Kurama noted.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

After he emerged from the water, Yusuke returned to the fight.

Sensui rose his arm to block the anticipated punch when Yusuke wrapped his torn short around the said arm.

“How do you like that?” he mocked and proceeded to beat Sensui to a pulp.

After taking Yusuke’s hits, something in Sensui snapped.

Before Yusuke knew it, Icy had pulled her former partner out of harm’s way, causing Kazuya’s blast to miss.

“Yusuke, stay out of this one. He’s mine.” Icy hissed.

“Hello Kazuya. It’s been a long while.” she spat.

Kazuya merely smirked at the Assassin.

“Black’s finally going to be avenged.” she declared, whipping out four ice daggers, two on each hand.

“I’ll like to see you try.” Kazuya snickered.

Frowning dangerously, Icy took off with Kazuya running parallel to her.

After a while, the two leapt up simultaneously to attack.

Kazuya fired his gun and Icy somersaulted to avoid it. The pair then landed on opposite
sides.

“Not bad. I expected nothing less from Black’s student.” Kazuya complimented.

“But I’m still going to kill you.” he hissed.

“I doubt that.” Icy retorted, waving her daggers away and summoning her physic device.

The two leapt again and clashed as they met in mid air.

Kazuya fired his gun at the unsuspecting Icy.

I sssooo saw that one coming. she sighed, powering up an orb of watery blue in her hand.

In her typical ‘Mercury Aqua Mirage’ stance, Icy fired the powered up ice-cum-water orb at
Kazuya’s shot.

The shock wave sent Kazuya stumbling back for support and Icy went flying back, meters away from the lake.

“Not good enough.” Kazuya scoffed, as he stepped forward to Icy and pointed his gun point-blank at her throat.

“Now you die, just like that old geezer.” he added.

“Get. Away. From. Her.” Yusuke hissed, pointing his trademark ‘Spirit Gun’ at Kazuya.

“I can take a hint.” Kazuya smirked.

“Not.” he added, picking up the seething Icy and tossing her into the lake.

“NO!” Yusuke screamed, when Icy entered the water with a silent ‘pop’.

“And you’re next.” Kazuya snickered at the outraged Yusuke.

A cold wind caught Kazuya’s attention and he turned back.

Yusuke was stunned to see the pond freezing up on the surface.

A cracking sound was heard and to both Yusuke and Kazuya’s astonishment, a huge sculpture of solid ice emerged from the frozen water.

“Never thought I’d appear in this form. Oh well.” Icy shrugged.

Kazuya looked up to find Icy standing on the top of the ice figure in her princess dress.

A huge dragon of ice hovered over the Princess of Mercury.

“Hi Kokuu.” Icy, or rather, Princess Kallan as she was called in this form, quipped at her long-dead grandfather.

No response from the ice dragon.

Kallan rolled her eyes.

Typical.

“Is this how you greet your elders, child?” Kokuu asked mirthless.

“Cut me some slack gramps. It’s been a while since I saw you.” Kallan joked.

“So, the whole family’s here.” Kazuya sneered.

“First things first, let’s get rid of that jerk.” Kokuu glared at Kazuya.

“Agreed.” Kallan nodded, thrusting her arm forward.

“Aizu Hadö!” she cried out.

Kokuu entwined himself into an ice ball and fired multiple beams of pure Mercurian ice at Kazuya.

Kazuya immediately countered with a shot from his gun.

Kokuu’s attack continued relentlessly.

Kazuya immediately summoned a sea of Rei energy balls, flinging one at each ice beam that came his way.

“Exhausted?” he smirked, noting Kallan’s strained look.

“Not quite.” Kallan hissed, kneeling on one knee, trying not to allow her exhaustion to show on her face.

Kazuya laughed out loud and he fired a concentrated shot at the ice pillar.

Kokuu stopped his assault to assist his granddaughter.

When she was lowered to the ground, Icy, having reverted back to her human form, was
stunned to see Kazuya’s gun pointed directly at her chest.

“Say goodbye, little girl.” he sneered.

“Matte Sensui.” came Koenma’s voice.

*********************************************************** ***********************************************

SailorStar9: Wow, and another ice dragon comes into the scene. Read and review.