Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Brand New Destiny ❯ The Beginning ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
A Brand New Destiny
Prologue: The Beginning
Started By: Sailor Star Moon

What if the past was changed? What if an attack on Sailor Moon's family in the past, that was meant to kill Serena before she ever became Sailor Moon in the future but had killed her parents instead, changed everything for the future of the Sailor Senshi.

What if it the Star Lights when they were still children not yet with their Senshi powers came to Earth 12 years before Sailor Stars, and found Serena, and took her back home
_________________________________________________

~~Tokyo, 12 years ago~~

It was a cold Christmas afternoon, on the stretch of the highway leading into Tokyo city, a family of four was driving home.

In the back seat strapped in a seat belt, sat a 4 year old girl with short blond hair tied up in a hairstyle that resembled meatballs, with a large stuffed bear held in her hands, who was busy chatting to her parents, next to her in another car seat was a 3 month old boy.

"Mama? Daddy? Are we home yet?" Chibi Serena asks.

Ken Tsukino laughs at his daughters' question, "No sweetie, we're not back home yet. But when we are, you can open all of your presents all right. Just keep an eye on Sammy for us, and tell us if something is wrong so that we can stop, okay."

"Okay, daddy. I'll keep a really good eye on Sammy. I'll protect him from harm okay?" Serena chirped as she turned her attention on Sammy's sleeping form.

Irene Tsukino looked over the seat to watch her daughter take care of Sammy, before turning her attention back on Ken and begins to speak. "I can't believe how easily Serena has accepted Sammy. I had first thought that when Sammy was born, that Serena would have felt left out because all of the time that would be needed to watch over Sammy. Yet she is taking it better than most children her age. She's even helping me take care of him."

"Serena doesn't act like most 4 year olds, Irene. In some ways I feel that she is different than other children, but I do not know how or why that is." Ken says as he looks over at his wife, momentarily taking his eyes off the road. "I will be glad to see how she will turn out in the upcoming years."

"Me too. Too bad we don't have a way of telling the future, hmm honey?" Irene asks as she turns once more to glance back at the back seat to see that Serena has fallen asleep with her hand on Sammy's car seat. "She's asleep, must be warn out from all the excitement from this morning."

"I agree with her idea of getting some sleep, the minute we get home I'm heading straight for bed." Ken says with a yawn.

"Maybe I shall join you in bed after I've taken care of the...." Irene begins as she turns back around to face the front her eyes widen in horror as she stares out the windshield. "Oh my god! Ken what's that!" Irene screams as she points out the windshield.

Ken spins around to stare out the window, to find himself staring at a huge grotesque monster standing in the middle of the road. "Damn! Irene hold on.!" Ken shouts as he turns the wheel abruptly to try and avoid the monster.

The car lurches on the ice, sending it into a spin, the brakes not able to make any traction to stop, as it slams into the railing that overlooked a cliff, the back side of the car sticking out through the broken railing, threatening to fall.

"Ken! The children." Irene shouts as she struggles to get out of her seatbelt, and into the back seat, where both Serena and Sammy were now awake and screaming in fear of what was happening.

"Mommy! What's going on? Where are we?" Serena cries out as she stares up at her mothers frightened face, as she felt fear run through her small body.

Ken was trying to get the car to move forward and away from the edge, while also talking. "Serena, it'll be okay. Nothing is wrong."

"Ken are we going to make it back up?" Irene asked as she tried to take her seatbelt off.

Before Ken can answer Irene's question, there is a sudden thump, on the roof of the car as the ceiling caved in showing large clawed hands reaching through the ceiling, pulling the ceiling back with a loud crunching sound.

The family looks up to see a centaur standing on the roof, glaring down at them as it began to reach into the car, when a voice called out from nowhere ordering it to stop.

"Minotos, don't bother. Queen Beryl wants this entire family dead before this day ends, and what better way to do that, than to push them off this cliff?" A young man with long green hair asked as he stepped out into full view of the car.

"NO! You can't do this to us!" Ken shouts as he tries to get the doors open only to find that something was preventing the doors from opening, "What do you want from us?! Why do you want to kill my family and me?"

"Let me introduce myself, since I will be the last thing any of you will see. I am Polarite. It's not you personally, pal. But it's your daughter. And don't bother to try and escape, I've taken the precaution of preventing that from happening, by placing a shield around the doors."

"Serena?" Irene asks as she stares back at her daughter with wide eyes. "She's just a baby, she's no threat to anyone. Let us go please!"

"Mommy..." Serena cried as she stared in fear at the centaur and Polarite.

"She's just a child, what threat does she have to you?!" Ken demands. "Let us and our children go!"

"It's not what she is now, but what she will become in the years to come. She will be a threat to my leaders cause when she becomes older, and I can not allow that to happen. Minotos push them over the side."

"No don't!" Ken shouts out, but his protests are ignored.

Minotos leaps down from the remains of the ceiling, and lands back on the road, where he proceeded to start pushing the car, until it began to teeter off the edge, finally rolling all the way back off the road and into empty air.

The screams and cries of the Tsukino family can be heard as the car fell down into the ravine, followed by the sound of the car as it hit the ground below, rolling over and over again into it came to a stop at the bottom, the screams coming to an end almost immediately.

"It's done, Queen Beryl will be pleased to learn that the threat has been eliminated before it even began." Polarite says gloatingly as he peered down at the ravine, seeing the car in a smashed heap. He turns to leave. "Come Minotos. It's time to go back home." he says as he vanishes in a flash of light, the youma following closely behind.


~~Half an hour later~~

The sounds of crying and a small voice crying out for her mother and father can be heard through the forest, as a young girl awoke to find herself hanging upside down, and what looked like her father asleep at the wheel of the car. She unfastened her seatbelt and let herself fall to the ground, next to her brother, sat in his car seat, looking around in surprise at all that had happened, and began make baby sounds when he saw that his sister was awake.

"Sammy..." Serena says as she looks over at her brother in surprise, as she reached over to begin unfasten his safety harness the way her mother had showed her, and manages to catch him and pull him into her small arms before he could get hurt, "Mommy and Daddy need help. We all need help. I want my mommy!!"

She stood up, and nearly cried out in pain and fall over, and sat back on the ground with Sammy still clutched to her, and begins crying all over again, as she looked at her surroundings. "Help! Somebody! Help us! My mommy and daddy are hurt bad! I'm hurt! Somebody! help..." Serena moved towards the car, to try and get more of the heat that still came from within, and fell asleep still clutching Sammy

~~Awhile Later~~

Serena awoke when she felt somebody poking at her with what felt like a stick, and looked up in surprise to find herself staring at 4 children around her age standing around her, all of them were girls. One boy was taller than the rest, with brown hair and violet eyes, the next one with silver white hair and green cat like eyes, another with black hair and blue eyes, and the last with red hair and eyes.

"Hey looks like she's alive after all." The silver haired girl commented as she stared at Serena.

The black haired girl smacked the other one across the head, causing her to cry out in pain "Yaten that's a mean thing to say."

"Well it's true Seiya." Yaten says as she swings at Seiya.

The other two girls glare at Yaten and Seiya as they get into a free-for-all fight with each other. The girl with brown hair turned her attention back on Serena, a concerned look on her face as she looked her over, looking a lot smarter than her 4 years. "Are you okay? Were you in that..." indicates the smashed car.

Serena doesn't answer but just stares at the foursome with fear in her eyes as she clutched Sammy closer to her and tried to move backwards, but cried out in pain from her leg, as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"You guys are scaring her!" the red head said scoldingly, and Seiya and Taiki stop their fighting as she sat down next to Serena. "It's okay. There are grownup's nearby here and are coming. I'm Kakyuu." Kakyuu says as she raises a hand in greeting.

"I'm Taiki. And these two are our sisters Seiya and Yaten." Taiki says as she gives her 'sisters' angry looks.

"Hi." Seiya says.

"Hey." Yaten says.

Serena looked between Kakyuu, Yaten, Seiya, and Taiki, and then looks back at Sammy who had fallen asleep earlier. "I'm Serena. And this is my brother, Sammy." Serena says in a tiny voice.

"Sammy's so cute." Kakyuu says as she stares at Sammy's face.

"Your mom and dad were in there?" Yaten asked, as she pointed at the car.

At the reminder of what had happened, Serena's eyes began to tear up again, and she began to cry. Just as the children began to try and comfort her, there is the sound of crashing coming from the woods, and a small group of soldiers come through and stop in front of the girls.

"Girls... You know perfectly well that you shouldn't leave our sight for any reason when we are on a strange pla..." the leader begins when he takes on the scene before him. "What is going on here? Who's that girl!?"

"General Pollux, we found this girl here hurt. I think that she and her brother are the only survivors of that." Kakyuu says as she points at the wreckage gaining the general and the troops attention. "Can you check it out?"

Pollux gives out order to the troops to search the car, and pulls out a communicator calling medtechs to come to their location immediately.

Serena watches the activities around her for awhile, before exhaustion and pain cause her to drift off into unconsciousness, her arms falling to her sides.


~~Still Awhile Later~~

Serena awoke once more to find herself in a strange room, in a large bed, a young woman in a maids outfit sitting idly by the bed knitting a shirt.

When Serena tried to move, she let out a cry of pain as the injuries from before came back to her. The maid looked up in surprise and rushes over to Serena's side to gently push her back down into the sheets. "Young miss!" the maid scolded. "You can't get out of bed yet. Not until your all healed up."

"Let me go! I want to go home. I want my mommy and daddy!" Serena yelled out as she tried to fight the restraining hands.

"Your not going anywhere, child. And you will be staying here for the time being, since you no longer have a home to go back to. I am Quinsella Quasar. But everyone calls me Quin." Quin says as she releases Serena to go over to a bell pull, and a moment later they hear a knock, she walks over to the door and opens it long enough to give whoever it was a message to pass on, and closes the door once more.

"What do you mean, I don't have a home to go to anymore? My mommy and daddy are okay aren't they? Where are they? They were only asleep after the car crashed." Serena says wanting with all her might that she was right.

"I'm sorry..." Quin begins but Serena lets out a scream.

"No they can't be gone! They can't! I want my mommy and daddy!" Serena cried when the door opened to admit Taiki, Yaten, Seiya, Kakyuu, and an older woman, and the 4 rush to Serena to take her into her arms.

"It's all right Serena. There was nothing anyone could do for them." Kakyuu said.

"Come on. Stop crying." Taiki pleaded.

"Please?" Yaten asked.

The older woman followed the children to the bed and gently lifts Serena off the bed and puts her in her lap to hold and rock her. "It's okay to cry if you want to."

Serena's arms move around the woman's waist as she cried a lot harder, then she remembered something. "Sammy! Where's my baby brother?"

"He's okay. He is being taken cared of by a nurse maid who's feeding him right now." Kakyuu says.

"Oh." Serena says as she begins to wipe her tears off on her sleeves, as she stared up and the woman holding her. "Who are you."

"I'm Queen Kakouyo, of the planet Kinmoku which is where you are now. I am Kakyuu's mother. Serena, I would like a favor to ask of you" Kakouyo begins earnestly.

"What is it?" Serena asks.

"Do you have any other family back home someone that could take care of you if we took you back?" she asks.

"No. There was only my mommy and daddy taking care of me." Serena says looking unhappy again.

"Well how would you like to stay here with us, and become a part of our family? This way you will have a family that would love to have you be with them?" Kakouyo asks.

"Stay here? And not go back to Earth?" Serena asked as she looked around at everyone gathered. "I would like to stay here, with all of you."

Kakoyou smiles at that. "Then you shall become my adopted daughter and join Taiki, Yaten, and Seiya in training to one day become Sailor Senshi and protect my daughter, from harm. If you want you may call me mamma." Seeing Serena's sullen face at the suggestion, she realizes her mistake.

"Oh, I'm sorry dear. You don't have to call me mamma immediately. Just work it through until you feel up to the idea of calling me that. Until then you may call Kakouyo, okay?" Kakouyo says as she gently places Serena back on the bed after seeing that Serena had begun yawning.

"Okay, Kakouyo-sama." Serena says as her eyes began to close, "Good-night everyone."

Kakouyo smiled as she ushered the children out of the room, followed behind by Quin as they all exit the room. "Sleep tight, dear. I hope that you enjoy your stay here." Kakouyo whispered as she closed the door behind them.

To Be Continued

What do all of you think of my story? I hope that you like it, for I enjoyed writing it in my free time. Write to me at e-mail address: star_moon_strata@yahoo.com. With your comments and suggestions with what you liked about my story. No flame letters please!