Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Brand New Destiny ❯ The Return Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Author's Note: Sorry for taking so long to write the next chapter of this story. But I've been busy a lot, and I haven't had time to get back to any of my stories in awhile. And I had a case of writers block. I had the story written up to when Serena, Sammy, Seiya and Taiki introduce themselves to Alex and Michelle, but then that's where I stopped.

Disclaimers: Sailor Moon is the property of Naoko Takeuchi. Publication rights held by Kodansha Ltd. in Japan and Mixx Entertainment in the US.

Last Chapter: Serena Tsukino was orphaned at age 6 when her family's car was attacked by a youma and a Negaverse General out to kill her, causing their car to be sent over a cliff. Her parents were both killed in the crash, but Serena was saved, along with her 3 month old baby brother, Sammy.

Injured and bleeding Serena freed herself and Sammy from the wreckage of the car, falling thought the hole in the roof, to the few feet to the ground. Falling asleep, she is later awakened to find herself surrounded by four children her own age wearing strange clothing, before loosing conscious again.

Waking up again later, she finds herself lying in bed in a strange room, on the planet Kinmoku, with her injuries bandaged up. Coming into the room was the queen that ruled the planet, who offered Serena the choice to stay on Kinmoku.

E-mail me at: star_moon_strata@yahoo.com

Come visit my webpage at: www.geocities.com/angel_skye2001/

Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
A Brand New Destiny
Chapter 1: The Return Home
Started By: Sailor Star Moon

"Successful Mission"
Theme from Saber Marionette J

I came to this land to protect you.
I was born to be with you.
The moment I awoke...
... prisms surrounded me.

I'm here to love you now.
I was born to hold you.
Lies and truths...
... are all within ourselves.

The days I abandon my true feelings...
...won't get to me.
Tenderness and caring...
...can be ours once again!

Day in, day out, like a puppet on a string.
Wandering in the void between zero and infinity
The strength to sever the tangled wires...
...is still sleeping inside of you.

~~Present Day~~

~~Earlier that Day~~

Five shadowed figures sat in a plane heading toward Tokyo. A close-up up of the group reveals the figures to be Seiya, Taiki, and Yaten, now boys. Sitting in between Seiya and Yaten was Sammy who now looked to be 9-10 years old. And next to Taiki sat Serena, her hair now taken out of it's pigtails and now was tied back into a braid.

Seiya and Yaten were arguing about what they were going to do there when they arrived in Tokyo, while Taiki read a book, when he notices that how quiet Serena seemed.

"Serena? What is it?" Taiki asked as he placed his book down to stare over at Serena. "Is something wrong?"

Serena stared in surprise at Taiki's question then turned her attention to stare out the window of the plane. "Taiki-san. It's nothing, really. I just was thinking. I can't believe that after all this time I'm finally back home on Earth, and heading back to Tokyo. Where it happened."

"We've been here on Earth for over six months Serena, we had to come to Tokyo sometime." Taiki said calmly as he stared at her from his seat.

"Yeah, if whoever hurt your parents all those years ago is still around, we'll take care of him for ya." Yaten adds in as he sticks his head in between the seats, only to get whacked on the head from behind by Seiya.

Serena humphed and turned her back on Yaten. "I don't need you guys to protect me like I'm a child anymore. I'm just as good as any of you are when it comes to fighting."

"Serena, when will we get to Tokyo?" Sammy asked for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Serena turned to smile at Sammy, as her eyes shown with her feelings for her younger brother. "Soon Sammy. It would probably be another hour before we finally reach it."

"Aww.." Sammy said sulkily as he crossed his arms across his chest and sat back in his seat.

Taiki turned his attention back to his book while continuing to speak up. "If I were you guys, I'd better get some rest. We're going to need all of our energy to just to get through the airport without getting mobbed.

The others all nodded their heads in agreement, and sat back to relax and watch the in-flight-movie or get some sleep.


~~Tokyo~~

At Tokyo City airport, screaming fans of different sizes and ages surrounded a small group of five, screaming for autographs from the group in the middle of them.

All the girls and boys that were there were either waving banners or poster boards that read "Three Lights and a Star, we love you!!" or other messages, as they all gathered around to get closer to the group, as they tried to get past their fans with little success.

"Kou Serena go out with me!" One fan shouted over the cries of all the men there.

"Seiya! Taiki! Yaten! Go out with me please!" a few dozen female voices cry out.

After five minutes of pushing their way through the crowd, they finally find an opening and make a break for it with their bags and instruments, and rush through the terminal doors of the airport, where they stop outside to catch their breaths.

"I didn't think that there would be that many waiting for us this time. Looks like our fandom is growing everywhere on Earth." Yaten said as he leaned back against a wall.

"I'll say. I would be glad to finally go back home to Kinmoku at the end of the year." Seiya complains as he sat down.

"Don't complain so much, you guys. You guys love the attention your getting here, admit it." Serena couldn't help teasing her brothers.

"Yeah." Sammy pipes in. "You love performing on stage."

Both Seiya and Yaten snort in disagreement, but neither could help the smiles that appeared on their faces. "True, Sere-chan," Seiya began, calling Serena by her nickname, "but we really are going to need a vacation after this. That's why we all agreed that we would head on home after we see Tokyo and do a few performances."

"I agree with them, Serena. And besides, what about these Sailor Senshi sightings that we've heard about that happen in Tokyo? It might be interesting to see other planetary senshi in action."

"Right, Taiki." Yaten said as he moved closer to the group.

"Right, and while we are here, Sammy and I could look around to find out more about my past, see if anyone remembers anything about our family." Serena said looking upset as she talked. She began to pick up her bags and guitar case. "Come on you guys. The limo must be here by now."

The others followed her lead and they all began to make their way towards the airport parking lot.


~~Elsewhere~~

Two figures walked out the doors of the airport, as they stepped out into the sunshine. On closer inspection, the figures are revealed to be a girl long aquamarine hair and blue-green eyes, and a tall young man with short blond hair and blue eyes, both of them in their late teens. Both are carrying duffel bags on their shoulders, while the girl carries a violin case in one hand.

The boy lets out a loud yawn as he stretched before gently taking his companions arm in the crook of his own, and bends over to whisper in her ear. "Michelle-san, I don't know what I'm going to do with you." Michelle turned her attention on him. "What's wrong Alex?" She asked innocently.

Alex looked down at Michelle before answering her question, a lazy smile forming on her face, "In the last 48 hours we haven't had any time for each other since we left Tokyo to perform in America at that concert we were invited to perform in." she complains, pouting slightly as she stared at Michelle with a wishful look her face,

Michelle returned his smile as she walked beside him. "We will have time to spend together later when we talk to the Setsuna and the rest of the Senshi, Alex. Please remember that we still need to find..."

Alex interrupts Michelle, "I know. I know. We still need to find the moon princess. But all of us have looked everywhere for her. I'm starting to think that maybe she was never reborn on Earth like the rest of us were..." Alex began when Michelle silenced her by putting a finger to Alex's lips.

"We'll find her, Alex. We just need to look harder. Luna and Artemis have not given up hope that she's still out there somewhere, so neither should we. Okay?"

Alex bends her head and sighs. "All right. It's just that I wish that we could find her soon," she says as she turned scan the parking lot. "Didn't Darien say that he would pick us up and take us back to the mansion today?"

"Yes he did. He must not have arrived yet, so be patient." Michelle scolds, as she leads Alex over to a nearby bench.


~Inside of the terminal~

The small group of teens made their way towards the doors, trying to avoid their fans in the process, and finally manages to get away when a couple of security guards appear on the scene to hold people back.

As they reached the doors, Sammy decided to have some fun and challenged Yaten to a race. "Yaten-kun! How about a race to the doors? Looser has to do chores for a week." Sammy said.

"Fine, Sammy. I hope you enjoy doing my chores for the rest of the week." Yaten said as he got ready to begin.

"Sammy, Yaten. I don't think that's a good idea..." Taiki began only to be drowned out by Sammy yelling:

"GO!"

Before Yaten has a chance, Sammy is already running towards the doorways, dodging people as he went, with his siblings right behind him.

Serena and Seiya were the first to see the figure that was standing on the other side of the glass doors, and both cried out to Sammy at the same time, ordering him to stop, but only to realize he wouldn't be able to stop in time.


Just as they almost reached the bench, they heard someone cry out a warning, which they heard too late as a small body suddenly came charging out of the doors, hit Alex head on and both were sent flying backwards and hit the ground.

Alex caught hold of whatever had slammed into her as she fell, pulling it down with her and Michelle, as she had the wind knocked out of her as the object landed on her stomach.

"What the h-" Alex began as she struggled to sit up, the "object" began to squirm trying to get loose, and she realized that she was holding Sammy in her arms.

"OW!! Let go of me!," Sammy protested as he tried to pull free of Alex's grip.

Michelle hurries over to Alex, and the boy helps to pull them apart, then helps Alex stand up. "Alex-chan, are you okay?"

Alex stands up and dusts off her clothes as she glares over at the boy before answering Michelle's question. "I'm fine Michelle, I only had the wind knocked out of me." She commented before turning her full attention back on Sammy, to find him returning her glare.

Michelle turned to face Sammy, and tried to lighten the mood, and smiled as she knelt in front of Sammy. "You seemed to be in a hurry for some reason, kid, but you really should be careful and watch where you are going, or else you might wind up hurting yourself and others. Where are your parents? Did you get separated from them."

Sammy turned his attention on Michelle his eyes crossing as he stared at her, "I'm Samuel Kou. But everybody calls me Sammy. My mom and dad are dead. I'm with my sister and brothers." He motions behind him towards the doors. "There still inside there."

Michelle and Alex shared stunned expressions on their faces when they heard what Sammy had said about his parents.

'Why does his last name sound familiar. I know I heard it somewhere before but where…' Michelle thought silently to herself as she looked in the direction that Sammy was pointing in, just in time to see four worried looking teens rushing towards them.

"Then why aren't you with your brothers and sister?" Alex demanded angrily, "You look a bit young to be running about by yourself out here."

Sammy also got angry. "I'm 10 years old! I'm old enough to take care of myself. What were you doing standing so close to the entranceway anyway?"

Before Alex can come up with a retort, they hear a voice calling Sammy's name.

"Sammy Kou!!" Serena's voice rang out, "Come over here this minute!" Serena demanded as she marched over to the small group, followed closely behind by Seiya, Taiki, and Yaten.

When Serena reached Sammy, she reached out and grabbed and pulled him into her arms, as she stared at Michelle and Alex, and smiled apologetically to them. "I'm sorry for this. Our baby brother still needs to learn some manners."

"Hey!" Sammy protested indignantly as he glared daggers at his sister.

"It's quite all right. He should really watch where he's going though." Michelle said, while keeping her hand on Alex's shoulder, "I'm Michelle Kaioh, and this is my friend Alex Tenoh."

"Michelle Kaioh?! The famous performer?" Serena cried out in surprise.

"Yes, that's me. Who are you?" Michelle asked softly.

"We are 'Three Lights and a Star'" Sammy broke in, before anyone else could say a word, as he stared up at Michelle and Alex. "I'm Sammy Kou."

"Seiya," Seiya answered noncommittally as he looked around the parking lot.

"Hi, I'm Serena" Serena greeted.

"Yo, I'm Yaten."

"Taiki." Taiki said as he held out his hand to Alex. "We just came in town today to do a performance in Japan for the next month or so."

"You four are quite famous in Japan." Michelle said smiling, noticing the look in Alex's eyes as her companion looked towards Serena. Gently elbowing Alex in the side, she got her attention. "Alex-chan behave." she whispered to her.

"I just want to have some fun, Michelle-chan. No harm done." Alex whispered back before turning her attention back to the group, as they began to walk towards the parking lot.

"I've heard of you. I heard that your music is good." Alex said as his eyes light on Serena, who's busy checking her bags. "And I heard the lead singer was cute but the rumors don't do you justice."

Serena looked up and meets Alex's eye, a smile appearing on her face. "Thanks for the comment, Tenou-san."

Alex looks wounded at that. "Please, call me Alex. Tenou sounds too formal. Maybe we'll get to see each other again in the city..." Alex began as she reached out to take Serena's hand, only to find Seiya's fist knocking her hand out of the way. Alex looked up to meet the angry glares Sammy, Taiki, Yaten. But what got her attention the most was Seiya.

"Hands off." Seiya said, his tone making it an order that wasn't to be ignored. "Don't even think about it, Tenou-san. We have enough problems with fans or wanna be fans."

"Seiya chill out. I don't need you to protect me, you know." Serena chided as she glared at her brother. "Besides I'm not interested, Alex-san." she said, her tone sounding mischievous. "I don't go out with other girls."

Alex and Michelle stopped at hearing Serena's comment, and they looked at each other.

As the group continued walking towards a limousine. Seiya walks up to the limo just as the driver gets out to hold open the door. They talk for a few moments before Seiya calls the others over.

"Guys this is our ride. Come on! I want to get to the hotel and get some rest for awhile." Seiya calls over as he gets into the limo.

Taiki, Yaten, and Sammy get into the limo, just as Alex and Michelle caught up with them.

"Hey, Serena!" Alex calls.

Serena stops half way in the limo to look back. "What is it?"

"How did you know I wasn't a guy?" Alex demanded, sounding flustered as she spoke. "Your the first girl I've met who can tell the difference at first glance." she said as she took Michelle's hands lovingly. "Besides Michelle that is."

Serena just smiled at Alex as she eyed her out of the corner of her eye, "You may dress and act like a boy, but anyone who actually knows what to look for, can tell right off that's not true. You move a little too much like a girl." she said, "besides, your not that good looking anyway, I've seen better." she finished as she hopped into the limo.

The driver closes the door behind her, before tipping his hat to Alex and Michelle, and climbs into the drivers' seat and pulls away from the curb.

Alex just stands there with her mouth hanging open, while Michelle breaks out into a fit of giggles after they hear Serena's parting words.

"Why that little..." Alex begins, a scowl in place, as she glares at the back of the disappearing limo, before starting to sulk. "I am *too* good looking. I must be loosing my touch with girls..."

Michelle put a reassuring hand on Alex's shoulder before, barely able to stop her giggles, "Don't let it bother you, Alex. I like you just the way you are no matter what anyone says." She said as she places a kiss on Alex's cheek. "Maybe between the two of us, we can find a way to help you forget this little incident." she said as she moved closer to her lover, gripping her arm.

"Michelle..." the scowl disappears as a look of pleasure appeared on Alex's features as she returned Michelle's affection, with a kiss.

Just then they here the sound of a car honking.

"Michelle! Alex!" a familiar voice called out to them.

Looking up they see a car parked at the curb and a young man with short black hair waving at them, standing next to a roofless red sports car. In the drivers seat is another man with auburn hair wearing sunglasses.

"Darien! Maxfield!" Michelle called out as she walked towards the car with Alex close behind. "You two are late." she said chidingly.

"Nice to see you too, Michelle." Darien grumbled as he opened the door for her to climb into the back.

"Looks like you guys broke your record of always being on time for things." Alex teased as she tossed their stuff into the trunk of the car, and got into the backseat.

"Don't start, Alex." The auburn haired, Maxfield growled, as he pulled out of the airport parking lot. "We got caught in traffic and just barely made it here in time. Dare hadn't been so busy talking with Luna and Artemis about the Moon Princess we would have been here before traffic came in."

At Maxfields words, both girls sit up at attention. "You spoke to them about the princess?" Alex demanded. "What did they say? Did they find any leads to where she might be?"

"They don't know yet." Darien answered quietly. "We all have looked everywhere for her, but with no luck."

"Damn it!" Alex cried out. "I'm getting tired of this. We were supposed to be protecting her from harm when the Negaverse appeared 2 years ago. We've beaten the Negaverse and freed the Generals from Beryl's control." Alex said while looking at the back of Maxfield's head. "But there's still more of the Negaverse scum out there causing trouble. And we can't find the moon princess anywhere."

"We'll find her." Michelle said as she looked out the window at the passing shops. "It's our duty to protect her. She might be anyone."

"Or she may have never even been reborn in this timeline. For all we know, she might even already be dead and we may never know it." Alex commented slowly.

"Don't say that!" all three shouted at once, causing Alex to wince.

"She must still be alive. Because the dreams haven't stopped. Recently the dreams have been coming to me on a daily basis." Darien said as he twisted around in his seat to look at Alex. "She must be alive."

"Darien..." Michelle said as she looked at the Earth prince sadly.

To Be Continued...

Keep e-mailing me your comments about my story. I would love to hear about what you say, as long as they are not flames, or any other.