Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Brand New Destiny ❯ Battle Royalé ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimers: Sailor Moon is the property of Naoko Takeuchi. Publication rights held by Kodansha Ltd. in Japan and Mixx Entertainment in the US.

Last Chapter: After being away for 12 years, Serena has finally returned to Earth, with her 4 brothers, Seiya, Taiki, Yaten and Sammy. They formed a famous rock group called Three Lights and a Star, and after a tour around the world they make their final 6-month stop in Tokyo before their return trip to Kinmoku for some vacation.

When they arrive at the airport, they have a run in with Alex and Michelle who were also returning from a trip. Alex hits on Serena only to be turned down flat, and her little secret exposed ^_^

E-mail me at: star_moon_strata@yahoo.com

Come visit my webpage at: www.geocities.com/angel_skye2001/

And Sign My Guest book!! I have over 6,000 hits on my counter and only 9 signatures in my guest book.

"Successful Mission"

I came to this land to protect you.
I was born to be with you.
The moment I awoke...
...prisms surrounded me.

I'm here to love you now.
I was born to hold you.
Lies and truths...
...are all within ourselves.

The days I abandon my true feelings...
...won't get to me.
Tenderness and caring...
...can be ours once again!

Day in, day out, like a puppet on a string.
Wandering in the void between zero and infinity
The strength to sever the tangled wires...
...is still sleeping inside of you.

------------------------------------------------------------------- ----- -
Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
A Brand New Destiny
Chapter 2: Battle Royalé
Started By: Sailor Star Moon
------------------------------------------------------------------ ------ -

After the limo pulled out of the airport parking lot and into some heavy traffic, Serena and the others were laughing it up over how she had handled Alex, and how Alex had reacted to Serena's comment about her knowing that Alex was a girl. Sammy, having dozed off when they got caught in a traffic jam sat slumped over next to the window across next to Serena and Seiya on the left half of the limo while Yaten and Taiki sat on the other half.

"That was great Serena!" Yaten said when he was finally able to catch his breath long enough to speak. "The look on her face was priceless!" he managed out before breaking off into chuckles once more.

"Don't remind me, Yaten." Serena said, from her seat next to Seiya as she glances out the window. "That was embarrassing, you guys."

"I say she deserved it for trying to hit on you." Seiya's hand snaked out to give Serena's a small squeeze as he smirked.

Taiki tried to smother a grin as he sat facing Serena and Seiya as he took out one of his books from his carry on bag, before hiding face behind his book. "I don't think it was that funny at all. You could have let her down a lot easier than that, Serena."

"Whatever. Not that I'm willing to apologize or anything, but it's not likely that I'm going to meet up with her again anytime soon." Serena said with a shrug, as she glanced towards Seiya momentarily. Slowly pulling her hand free, she turned back towards the window to stare back outside, as her became deep in thought.

As they passed buildings she let out a deep sigh, _What's with that strange feeling I had when I was standing close to them?_ she thought as she thought back to what happened at the airport with Alex and Michelle. _It felt like I should know them from somewhere but where and why did I get that feeling for..._ her thought are suddenly interrupted by the sound of Yaten's voice calling her.

"What's up, Serena" Yaten asked as he noticed Serena's silence. "What's with the sudden silent treatment?"

Serena's attention snapped back towards the others, looking sheepish as she does so. "It's nothing, you guys." she said as she thought. "When we met Alex and Michelle-san, I felt something was upsetting them. I could just feel it when I was standing close to them."

"It was probably nothing, Sere." Yaten said, a yawn escaping his lips as he tried to get into a more comfortable position on the seat, as he got ready to take a nap, "It's not your problem. So don't worry about it." he said as he drifted off.

"Yaten's right, Serena, don't worry about it." Taiki said as he returned to his book.

Seiya simply remained silent as he looked out the limousine windows.

"Alright you guys." Serena said as she settled into her seat. "I was going to suggest that we do some sightseeing, but, thanks to the affects of jet lag, it looks like some of us are starting to go to sleep." she said as she glances first at Yaten then Sammy. "So why don't we just head straight for the apartment building sleep for a couple of hours before heading out?"

"Sure." Seiya said as he took his attention away from the window, to give her a bright smile.

"Fine with me." Taiki said, "I'm feeling tired too anyway."

After that, the rest of the limo trip to the Tokyo Towers Royal Suite apartment building, where they would stay for the remainder of their trip, was in silence, as the limo finally pulled up into their apartment building, and the group piled out.

Bellhops come running out of the doors to take the luggage and instruments from the limo's trunk to carry them inside, as the group follows them inside and into the lobby, where they signed in at the desk and received the keys to their room.

The manager was ecstatic at the thought of the rock group staying at his building, that he was practically beaming with pride as he greeted them at the front desk, and they soon head towards the elevators to go up to the 7th floor.

On arrival to their floor, the porters carried the boys' luggage into a fully furnished room, fit with a kitchen, a dining room, and three bedrooms for each of them, while Serena and Sammy were led to another room that was next door to the others.

Once the porters left, Serena examined the apartment she had been given while Sammy claimed one of the bedrooms for himself so he could resume his interrupted nap.

As she walked around, she noticed a door on the left side of the room. _That's not supposed to be there is it?_ she thought silently to herself as she walks towards the door. _I wonder if it's one of those joint doors that connect some hotel rooms together, and if so..._

Testing the knob, only to find it locked, she unlocks the door and opens it to find herself coming face to face with the back of another door that didn't have a doorknob on this side of the room. Hesitating for a moment, she raised her hand up to knock on it.

Soon the muffled but familiar sound of Yaten's cheerful voice could be heard coming through from the other side.

"Hello? Who is it that's knocking at that door? What's the password?" Yaten called over good-naturedly.

"Yaten-kun! Come on and open up already. It's just me. There isn't a doorknob on this side." Serena called over as she waited patiently.

Yaten's chuckle could be heard from the other side before the sound of a lock being turned was heard and the door finally opened to reveal Yaten. He had removed his jacket and shoes and had loosened his tie when Serena had knocked.

"What's up?" he asked as he stepped aside to let her walk into the room.

"I was just checking to see where this door lead to, and I just wanted to check out you guy's room." she replied as she stepped in. Glancing around she could see that the room was seemed to be bigger than the one she and Sammy had been given, and it had three bedrooms.

"Where's Seiya and Taiki?" she asked after noting that the two teenagers weren't in the room.

Yaten jerked a thumb in the direction of the bedrooms. "They've gone to their rooms already." he said with a no-comment shrug. "Seiya said something about needing to catch up on some sleep, and Taiki said he was going to get on the phone with the local High School to see about getting us some school Uniforms in the next couple of days." Yaten said, a scowl darkening his face at the mention of school.

"Sammy's gone off to bed, too" Serena began, when all of sudden, Yaten's words hit her. "School!" Serena exclaimed as she crossed her arms over her chest. "It's summer time for pete's sake! Don't we get some time"

"I know. I know." Yaten said as he held up his hands calling a truce. "But Taiki said that..."

"...That summer is not here in Japan, Sere-san." Taiki said as he came out of his bedroom, a cell phone next to his ear, as he spoke to someone on the other line in Japanese, before finally ending the conversation on the phone and hung up. "School is just starting over here."

Serena groans as she slumps against the wall. "Just great. And I was looking forward to some free time in Japan too in between concerts." she said before straightening once more and turned towards the door that connected the two apartments. "Seiya and Sammy have the right idea. I'm going to go get some sleep too." she said as the door closed behind her with a loud click, and they could hear the sound of the lock turning, in finality.

Yaten smirked at her actions, while Taiki just silently shook his head, as Yaten walked over to the connecting door and shuts it, leaving it unlocked.


~Next Door~

Serena grabbed a few of her bags and carried them into her bedroom, letting them fall to the floor in front of the bed. She sat down on the edge of the bed and removes her jacket and boots, setting both of them next to or on a chair. With that she then flopped down on the bed, laying on her back with her arms pillowing her head, while she stared up at the ceiling.

_School again._ she thought unhappily as she thought back to what Taiki had told her. _Just when I thought I could start having fun._. She turned over to her side to stare out a nearby window, and sees a few birds flying by heading off to somewhere, then sighs tiredly.

_Maybe the guys have the right idea about getting some rest now. I'm too tired to stay awake much longer..._ No sooner than the thought crossed her mind, before Serena even knew it, she had was soon sound asleep.


~Later~

5 and half hours later, Serena finally woke up in her apartment building bed, and stretched languidly on the sheets, letting the softness of the sheets rub against her skin as she lies languidly on her side. She could hear the soft snores coming from the bedroom next door, affirming that Sammy was still sound asleep.

_That felt nap did me a lot of good._ She thought happily to herself, as she looked towards the window and sees that it is daylight outside. _I wonder what time is it right now?_ she wondered as she pulled her left arm out from underneath the sheets and checks the time. "4:15!!! I've slept a whole part of the day away!" she exclaimed out loud as she sat up abruptly, and swung her legs over the side of the bed. "

Sitting up she stretched once more before standing up. Walking towards her luggage she pulls out a pair of Navy Blue jeans that were torn in the knees, and a blue t-shirt, and took the items into the bathroom with her for a quick shower, coming back out a couple of minutes later, clean and refreshed.

Heading back into her room, with her wet hair wrapped in a towel, she sat on the a chair that faced a large mirror, and pulls out a hairdryer from one of her bags, and blow dries her hair as she runs a brush through it. Once he hair is dry she ties it up into a single braid, allowing it to drop down just past her knees, before adding a pair of dark sunglasses to her attire.

As she exits her room, she hears a soft knocking coming from the joint door, and hurries over to open it to reveal a bleary eyed Seiya standing there, with a wicked looking smile on his features.

"I thought it was you who was up over here." Seiya said teasingly as he took in Serena's outfit. "Are you going out?"

"Yep! I want to check out the sights in town while the day is still young." Serena said as she placed her arms through the straps of a small black purse (A.N.: It's one of those mini backpacks, that you can use to put small items into), checking to make sure she had all her money and stuff safely tucked away inside the pack.

"Wait a moment, and I'll come with you." Seiya began as he turned around to head back to his bedroom to change, when Serena stopped him. "What?"

"Seiya-kun. No offense, but I want to go into the city by myself this time. Without any of you guys tagging along, ok?" Serena said as she met his eyes.

"Serena... I've... We've just worried about you lately. And..." Seiya began only to be interrupted when Serena placed a hand over his mouth to silence him.

"You guys are my friends. And my brothers" Serena said impulsively, her smile on her face. "So it's okay to be a little worried." Serena said as she looked up at him, a frown creasing her mouth. "But I think you guys are overdoing it a bit with the over protectiveness." she said with a pout.

".... But...." Seiya began again only to be cut off once more.

Serena placed a light kiss on Seiya's cheek, before turning away. "Quit treating me like I'm still a scouts-in-training Seiya. I'll watch out and keep out of trouble okay?" she cajoled softly. "I really need to do this alone. Besides I'm on my home turf, not some unknown planet."

"Fine, go." Seiya said, his eyes softening as he finally gave in. But his eyes narrowed as he continued. "But don't get into any trouble that's going to involve using your scouts form. We don't know how the scouts of this planet are going to take having outsiders around."

"Don't be such a worrywart, Seiya." Serena said as she turned and headed towards the door leading into the hallways. "See you later. And tell the guys I went out ok?" she called as she disappeared through the door.

"I will." Seiya said after she was gone. A few moments after she has gone, Seiya lifts a hand towards where Serena had kissed him, lightly touching it as he stared off distantly, before shaking his head and moving his hand away abruptly. _What am I thinking?!_ he thought angrily to himself, _She's my adopted sister and best friend, and yet I'm thinking those kind of thoughts about her. But there's more to it than just that..._

"I must be more tired than I thought. It's the only way to explain this feeling. That is I hope it will..." he muttered to himself after locking the front door, he turned around to head back to his bedroom.


~Outside the Hotel~

_So, I wonder where I should head to first?_ Serena wonder silently as she stepped out into the mid afternoon sunshine, letting the heat of the sun hit her body, warming her up completely. She stood there taking in the area and sights trying to decide where she should head for first, and spots a nearby arcade, where she could see people were eating outside.

As she made her way over to the crosswalk, she looked back momentarily to make sure of where she had last seen the arcade, when her back slammed into the hard unyielding back of someone else. Giving off a sharp yelp of surprise, she spins back around

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going... and..." her voice trails off as to find herself staring face to face with into the darkest pair of blue eyes she'd ever seen, which left her momentarily speechless as they met.

The man before her had short cropped black hair, a cute ready smile. He wore a dark green jacket with a black turtleneck shirt underneath, and long white pants.

"It's ok, really. Accident's could happen to anyone." Darien said as he rubbed his back. He had been on his way to the arcade to meet up with his Generals when the blond girl ran him into. As he stared at her he got this strange sensation that he knew her from somewhere as he stared into her eyes. _She's kinda cute._ Darien thought to himself, "You look like your new to Tokyo, am I right?"

Serena blushed at the comment. "Yeah, sort of. I was and raised here when I was young but my family moved away. I haven't been in Tokyo for a long time, so this is my first time back in years."

"Oh. Then maybe I can show you around town if you want." Darien offered, as he held out his hand to her. "The name is Darien Shields."

Serena reached out to take his hand into her own, and shakes it. "I'm Serena. Serena Ko.. Tsukino." she said fixing her almost blunder while thinking at the same time. _I can't tell him my real name. He might be one of my adoring fans and might start hounding me or something._ she thought silently to herself as she returned his smile. "I'd like any help I can get, that is if you are willing to spare the time to help me, Mr. Shields."

"Just Darien, please." Darien said as he released her arm. "Whenever I hear someone call me by my last name I feel like I'm being confused with my father."

"Ok, Darien. As long as you call me Serena." Serena offered. The two of them walked over to the crosswalk together, getting deeper into conversation as they cross the street.

As they walk together towards the arcade, they notice a large crowd gathered outside the local Electronics Store. A news broadcast was on all of the TV's that were facing the storefront windows. As they get closer, Darien spots Andrew, the manager at the Arcade, was one of those watching the broadcast.

"There's one of my friends over there. His name is Andrew." Darien explained to Serena as he called out to him. "Hey Andrew! What's going on?!"

Andrew breaks away from the crowd and heads towards Darien after spotting him over all the heads surrounding him. "Hey Darien. It looks like the Sailor scouts are fighting a new group of monsters again." he said, his tones showing that he was upset over this fact, then he went on explaining. "The news crews are broadcasting the fight live from the air."

"Another monster attack?!" Darien exclaimed, his eyes narrowing, before glancing at Serena who has an apprehensive expression on her features, as she listened into the conversation. "So as long as their winning like always, the fighting's going fine, right?" he asked.

Andrew only shook his head in answer. "It's not looking good right now. These monsters are way stronger than what anybody's seen them fight against before. The scouts aren't doing that well, in this battle, and it looks like their loosing, and fast. Oh!" he said finally noticing the girl standing next to Darien. "Who's your new friend?"

"Um. This is Serena Tsukino. She's new in town." Darien said distractedly as he now had his full attention turned to the TV set. "Serena I would like you to meet my best friend, Andrew."

"Hi Andrew." Serena said as she smiled towards him.

"Hey Serena, welcome to Tokyo. Under the circumstances I wish you had come for a visit when things were a lot better than they are now." Andrew said with sigh and shook his head in resignation.

"Well, I.." Serena began only to stop in mid-sentence when Darien turned towards her, his face wearing a false sheepish expression, and she knew immediately that a lie was coming on.

"I look like I need to postpone the guided tour I offered. I just remembered that I need to get back to work now, so let's do it another time, ok?"

"It's ok with me, Darien." Serena said with a shrug, her own attention riveted on the TV sets as she watched the fighting going on the TV set.

Darien turned back towards Andrew. "Andy, have you seen Jed and the others at the arcade?"

"Um, yeah I saw them at the usual booth when I was on my way out. I was just on my way back to the arcade when I saw the news report. Alex and Michelle are there with them." Andrew said as he looked between Serena and Darien with a concerned look on his face.

"Well you guys stay here, if you want to, ok? I'll see you both later." Darien called as he took off running down the sidewalk for the arcade. _Looks like the girls are going to need some help fighting off these youma, and their going to need more firepower than what I can provide under these odds._ he thought angrily as he goes.

"Well it looks like it's going to be just you and me Serena. Do you want to head over to the arcade and--" Andrew said while he watched his friend go before turning back to Serena to offer to walk her down to the arcade only to find that the young blond girl was no where to be seen. Surprised he looked first back at the crowd to see whether or not Serena had gone over to watch the TV set, but didn't see her anywhere.

_That's weird, I know she was here a second ago..._ he thought to himself, as he scratched the back of his head in his head in confusion, as he looked around in both directions for Serena's whereabouts with no luck, before finally coming to the conclusion that she had completely disappeared when he wasn't looking.


~In Another Part of Town~

The Sailor Scouts had been fighting against this new threat for the better part of almost half an hour, and they were tiring out already. The new youma were human in appearance, but their faces, arms and legs were that of birds with black feathers and sharp claws and beaks. The more of these youma, they destroyed a new one would immediately take their place.

Sailor Venus had already been knocked unconscious during the last wave of monsters had attacked, while Sailor Mars, Jupiter and Mercury were barely holding their own. Their fuku's were covered in blood that was both their own and the blood of the monsters they had destroyed.

Sailor Mars was just barely able to stand up on her injured leg as she continued firing all of her attacks at the incoming monsters. The last count on the monsters was 8.

Just then a male voice called out to the monsters giving them orders. "Torok's! That is enough playing around with these girls." the voice called. "Empress Titania wants them all dead, now. Trap them."

At his command the Torok's pointed their hands at the four senshi and threads of energy surrounded them. Before any of the senshi could react or get out of the way, they suddenly found the threads wrapping around their bodies pinning their arms and legs, and giving out large jolts of dark energy if they tried to fight the bonds, as they were flung backwards to hang from the trees like bugs caught in a spider's web.

A black raven with a white star on it's feathery forehead, flew down from it's perch in a nearby tree, where upon reaching the ground it's figure began to glow, changing form until it took on the shape of a human male. The man appeared to be dressed all in black appeared among the Toroks.

He wore tight form fitting clothes and a long black cape that resembled wings. He had long black hair with a long white streak going down the middle of his hair, which was cut into spikes that covered his head and went down his back, with glowing violet eyes that were almost cat like in appearance. The silver star that had been on the raven's forehead graced the young man's own forehead. Under the black hair, they could see the pointed tips of his ears sticking out.

The young man walked over to the senshi and gives them a mock bow and salute. "Greetings ladies. It is so nice of you to join me this fine evening." he said mockingly, as he gave the scouts an evil grin.

"Who are you and what do you want?!" Sailor Mars demanded as she struggled against the bonds that held her, only to gasp as some of them tightened around her body.

"Why are you doing this?!" Mercury cried.

"I am Raven of the Fey Kingdom. My Empress, Titania, has deemed that you humans have had control over the Earth for far too long." he said with a wide smirk on his face. "It's time for the Fey to take back what is rightfully theirs!" he finished as he eyed each of the scouts, as a lecherous gleam replaced the smirk.

"You jackass. I won't let your kind do it..." Sailor Jupiter said as she started to power up one of her attacks. The antennae on her tiara rose up and began shooting out sparks of electricity, as she shouted out. "Jupiter Thunder CRA--!!" her voice is cut off as pain suddenly shoots through her body as the bonds holding her suddenly tighten around her throat

"I wouldn't try it, girls. We've heard so much about you girls and your friends, and we've decided that you'll be a burden in stopping our goals, so Titania has ordered your deaths." he said as he walked over to each of the scouts, looking at them as if he was inspecting them, before turning back around to face the Torok's and started to walk away. "Their not worth the trouble, my friends. Finish them off now."

The Toroks gleefully approach the girls getting ready to attack when all of a sudden...

<<i>snap, snap>

At the sudden sound of someone snapping their fingers, Raven momentarily stopped, and the Torok's stopped their final attack on the scouts, and were now distracted by the sound as he looked around trying to figure out where it was coming from.

"Hold it right there!!" a voice shouts out unexpectedly, as a shadow suddenly appeared above them, outlined in the light from the full moon.

The youma, along some of the scouts that were still conscious looked upwards to see the figure of a blond girl high above them on the rooftops. The figure jumped down from the rooftop, landing easily on the ground below a few feet from where Raven stood, before getting into a fighting stance as she faced the youma, with a hand on her hip.

Exclamations rang out as everyone's eyes widen in shock as they focused on the girl before them. Standing before the monster was another Sailor scouts, one that they've never seen before.

The girl wore a hip length black leather boots, and a black leather outfit that showed off more skin resembling, a chainlike tiara with a golden star in the middle adorned her forehead. Around her waist a twin red belts were wrapped. Her long blond hair was tied back into a single braided ponytail held by a silver band.

"Penetrating the Darkness at night... The air of freedom breaks through... I am one of the sacred shooting stars... Sailor Star Dreamer! Stage On!" she shouted, her eyes glaring intensely at Raven. "I refuse to stand by and let the inhabitants of this planet suffer from the likes of you!" she shouted as she faced him and his minions. "If you know what's good for you, you'd better let them go now!"

Raven let's out a booming laugh as he faced Sailor Star Dreamer. "Don't bet on it, scouts. You'll die with the rest of them." Raven taunted as he turned his head towards the left, to stare at the monster. "Get her."

The Torok's leaped at Star Dreamer lashing out with their electrical rope attacks, trying to snare her before she got away, but she was moving too fast for them!

"Well, I gave you a chance." Star Dreamer said with a smirk and a shrug of her shoulders, leaped over the attacks landing on a lamppost as she glared down at the Torok's.

Flipping over backwards she hits the ground, a hand raised high over her head as a glowing star appeared. As she prepared her attack, she released the star, it spun around her body, almost lifting up her hair as it goes, the glow in the star seemed to grow larger, before finally settling back into her now lowered hands.

"Star Solar Scream!!" she shouted as she released the attack flinging it at the monsters. The attack barreled out of her hands, heading straight for Raven and the Torok's.

Raven's eyes widen in shock as he felt the full power of the attack even before it reached them, and only managed to utter, "Aw D****!!!" before the attack hit.

There was an huge explosion of light that blinded the Sailor scouts, as they suddenly found themselves freed from the restraints that had been holding them. As they all stood up, shielding their eyes from the blinding light, as they tried to see, the light finally disappeared and they found themselves staring at a startling sight.

All five of the Torok's had been completely incinerated by Star Dreamers, the only thing that was left of them were statues made out of ash in the shapes of the monsters that had been there before. Star Dreamer casually walks up to one of the statues and knocks it over and into one of the other statues, reducing them all to dust as they hit the ground.

Ignoring the other scouts, Star Dreamer searched the area for Raven's body only to find no sign of it anywhere. A frown appeared on her features as she realized that he might have gotten away at the last minute, when all of a sudden a flash of light appeared where Raven had been moments before.

Raven stood there, his clothing burned and smoking from the aftereffects of Star Dreamer's attack. Different parts of his clothing were now ripped and showing burns on his skin and he glared at Star Dreamer, his violet eyes focused solely on her, as he visibly winced from the pain that surrounded his body, as he took a menacing step towards her "Why you--" he growled.

"Oh, did that hurt?" Star Dreamer asked with a sweet tone in her voice as she glared at Raven, sarcasm could be heard in her tones. "I didn't think you'd have escaped from one of my attacks the way you just did."

Raven's mouth drew back into a snarl as he took a menacing step towards Star Dreamer then backs off as she raises her hand revealing a glowing ball of energy in her hand.

"Don't even think about it." she warned quietly. "You wouldn't be able to get a hit off of me even if you tried, especially not in your current condition." she finished as her eyes narrowed in anger at Raven.

"You may have won this fight, Star Dreamer, but I'll be back. And next time you won't be so damn lucky. Empress Titania won't take kindly to this kind of treatment to one of her warriors." he said before pulling his cape around him, seemingly shrinking down to size until there was only the black raven from before, which immediately took off into the air.

Star Dreamer let's out a sigh of relief and turned towards the other scouts. "Are you guys okay?" she asked as she knelt down before Sailor Venus' unconscious form, and started checking for any serious damage.

There were a few bruises and cuts on Venus's body, but the one wound that drew Dreamer's attention was a nasty looking gash on the blond scouts forehead and side. After making sure there was nothing more serious, she turned towards the other scouts who were starting to get up.

"Looks like your friend needs some medical help and soon." she said as she glanced at the rest of the scouts and taking in their own injuries. "So you all better take yourselves to the nearest hospital to get those wounds treated."

Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mercury slowly nodded their heads as they gingerly helped each other get up from the ground, until both were standing. Mars had already gotten over her shock over Star Dreamer's sudden appearance, and let anger and suspicion settle in.

"Who the hell are you!" Sailor Mars demanded angrily she stared at Star Dreamer her eyes narrowed at her in concentration. "Where did you come from!"

Star Dreamer eyes narrowed into blue slits as she returned Mars glare. "You already know my name." she said haughtily. "As for where I come from, it's none of your business, pyro." she said as she turned to start towards Mercury and Jupiter, now completely ignoring Sailor Mars.

Mars mouth hung open at the insult, before marching (or limping) up to Star Dreamer and getting right into her face. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING PYRO!" she shouted as she places her hands on her hips. "And what kind of name is Star 'Dreamer'?! Are you with the enemy?" she demanded. Mars would have continued on if Mercury hadn't cut in.

"Mars, calm down." Mercury called over. Dreamer and Mars glanced towards Mercury to see that she was now propped up against a wall with the help of Sailor Jupiter. She had her mini-computer out and was typing information into the keyboard as she spoke. "If it wasn't for Sailor Star Dreamer, we'd all might be dead by now."

"Yeah, Mars. Just chill out already!" Jupiter said as she pushed away from the wall to limp towards the two girls. "She saved our lives and all you can do is stand there and give her the third degree."

"But, but," Mars began, sounding flustered as she realized that she knew that the other two were right. "But that still doesn't explain anything!" she shouted as she shot a glare at Star Dreamer only to find that she was gone from her side.

"If this is how some of you Earth scouts treat those who help you in your battles, I'm surprise that you having any allies at all." Dreamer's blue eyes were almost as cold as ice as she glanced towards Mars, and the tone of her voice was just as cold. "I'm not on that jerk, Raven's, side. I'm not on anyone's side at all. I just saw you guys fighting those creeps, and loosing, and I couldn't just stand by and watch fellow scouts get slaughtered, now could I?" she said as she glanced at Mars. "But I think I would be willing to do so in your case, Mars."

Sailor Mars took one staggering step towards Dreamer, and Dreamer raised her hands in a defensive stance, when Mars advance is suddenly stopped by Jupiter who holds one arm up to block her path, before turning towards Dreamer.

"We are appreciative of your help, Dreamer." Mercury said from her spot on the ground. "Just ignore Mars. She's just been under a lot of stress lately. We all have. And it's making us snappy. I'm Sailor Mercury. The hot head is Sailor Mars. Over there is Sailor Jupiter, and that's our leader, Sailor Venus." she said as she made the introductions.

Dreamer looked towards Mercury for a moment, not saying anything before finally nodding her head in acknowledgement to her words. "Well don't think that this will be a repeat performance, since I probably won't be around the next time you go up against those guys."

"Look, maybe we could work something out?" Jupiter asked as she raised one gloved hand towards the leather-clad scouts as a piece offering. "We could use your type of power in the fights ahead. You saw how hard it was for us to handle only 4 of those Torok's." Jupiter said with a pained expression. "This is the fifth time this week they've attacked."

"And it seems from what my computer's readings are showing me, they keep getting stronger with each wave that's sent out." Mercury explained. "We're barely holding our own now."

Dreamer eyed Jupiter's outstretched arm cautiously, before looking up into Jupiter's sincere face. "I don't know if I could help you. What's going on in Tokyo is your problem, not mine or the rest of the Starlight's." she said as she turned away from them. _And it's not my planet anymore._ she thought solemnly.

"Starlights?..." Mercury whispered, letting the name repeat itself inside her mind.

"Your a Sailor scout!" Mars shouted, finally getting fed up with Dreamers indifferent attitude. She reached out and grabs Dreamer's "It's your duty as a scouts to protect the weak and helpless no matter what."

"True. But we've got our own priorities to uphold. Earth isn't the Starlights problem. It's yours." Dreamer said as she jerked her arm free from Mars grip, and started to walk away. "Unless your problem affects us in some way we probably won't get involved."

"You're speaking as if you're not from Earth." Mercury said quietly as she stood up, favoring her bruised side.

"Just drop it will ya?" Dreamer shot back as she turned to leave. "Since the fights over, I'm out of here. Just follow my advice about going to the hospital. I've stayed out a lot longer than I told the others I would and..." suddenly Dreamer's sixth sense kicked in, which she only got when she was in danger.

"_DAMN_!!" she exclaimed as she leaped out of the way, just before two female voices shouted out attacks:

"Deep...Submerge!!"

A huge tidal wave of magical water came crashing down on the spot where Dreamer had been standing moments before, barely missing her by seconds.

"World...Shaking!!" Another attack came shooting towards where Dreamer now stood, almost clipping her as she got ready to leap again.

Dreamer crashed into the ground under the onslaught of the second attack, and she struggled back to her feet as she glared in the direction the attacks had come from, barely hearing the groans from the other three scouts. Turning her attention towards the others she demanded. "What is it? Do you know who's attacking me now?"

"It's Sailors Uranus..." Mars muttered under her breath, with a short curse coming from her lips.

"And Neptune." Jupiter finished, just as two figures dress in Sailor Fuku appeared.

To Be Continued...

Author's Notes:
Cliffhanger time! What's going to happen next? What's the reason why the Sailor Uranus and Neptune are attacking Sailor Star Dreamer? Who will win the upcoming fight? Wait until next time for Chapter 3 of "A Brand New Destiny" to find out.

So how do everyone like the new Serena? She's not as cowardly or clumsy as her past incarnations have been, clumsy and she isn't a crybaby. I'm going to be showing to sides to the Serena. She's cool and more reserved around the other scouts, including around Sailor Mars.
----------------------------------------
Date Started: March 25, 2000
Date Finished: April 20, 2000