Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Broken Home ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Arthur:Here's chapter 1 enjoy ^_~

Diclaimer:I do not own any of this fic

Chapter 1

Serena walked the rest of the way to her school limping. She put a her right hand to the left side of her ribs. She was trying to hide the pain from her brother so he wouldn't get worried, but pain was just to much to hide.

Her walking pace slowed down when she was in the hallway of her school. She went to her locker to get her books then slowly walked to class not caring how late she was. When she got to the classroom door she sunk to her knees on the floor holding her side in pain. Tears brimmed her eyes but she stubbornly wouldn't let them drop. She leaned against the wall and brought her self to her feet with her breathe slightly uneven. Serena never noticed the person standing down the hall watching her as she had collasped. Serena quickly got herself together and walked into the classroom.

Rei was walking back to her classroom from the bathroom. When she rounded the corner she saw Serena fall onto her knees holding her side. She would of rushed over to her and help her, but something told her not to. She waited there until Serena was in the classroom and began walking back to class.

"I'll talk to her after school", thought Rei worriedly. She just hoped that Serena was alright. She really cared about Serena deeply but everytime she tried to tell her it came out as an insult. But they are going to have a long talk this afternoon.

Serena walked into the classroom as all the students turned towards her.

"Miss Tskino you're late, please go and take your seat.", said her teacher Ms. Haruna.

But Serena didn't move an inch. Chatter started to go around the room.

"Serena did you hear what I said", questioned Ms. Haruna irratated from Serena's weird behavior

Serena wasn't paying attention to the teachers annoying voice. The pain was overwelming her senses and she started to get dizzy. She began to sway as her eyes rolled to the back of her head and collasped to the floor. The class went quiet as Ms. Haruna ran towards Serena.

"Amy get the school nurse", exclaimed the teacher.

Amy jumped up from the chair and ran past her best friend who was now on the floor unconcious.

"Lita and Mina please come here and help me try to wake her up", said Ms. Haruna trying not to panic.

"Alright", replied Lita and Mina two of Serena's closest friends.

They got out of their seats and ran towards their fallen counterpart. Lita put Serena's head on her lap as Mina lightly slapped Serena's face to get her awake.

Serena groaned in pain as she opened her eyes in confusion. She saw Ms. Haruna, Lita and Mina's faces hovering over her head. She tried to sit up but Ms. Haruna pushed her back down.

"Uh uh, you lay down." she stated firmly. "The nurse will be right up."

Just then the nurse burst throunh the door with Amy right behind her. The nurse brought in a wheel chair and motioned for Lita to put Serena in it.

Lita picked up her very pale friend and put her in the wheel chair. The nurse wheeled Serena down to the nurses office as Ms. Haruna's class got back under control.

"What was that about?", asked Amy very worried about her friend

"I don't know but we'll find out after school", said Lita also very concerned, as Mina nodded her head in agreement.

************************************

Serena sat silently as the nurse examened her body and wincing every now and than when the the nurse touched a spot where she got hit. The nurse shook her head disapprovingly at how skinny Serena was and all of the bruises new and old and at some of the scars all over her body. The nurse put her pad down that she had been taking notes on and looked at Serena.

" Do you mind telling me what's going on Serena?", asked the nurse kindly.

Serena began to shift uncomfortably under the nurses intense stare.

"Um, I ah,..... I fell down the stairs at home", said Serena

"You said that last week and three weeks before that Serena", said the nurse.

"Is there something going on at home?", questioned the nurse.

"No!" said Serena a little to quickly. The nurse didn't buy it for a second.

The nurse held Serena's hands which were trembling slightly.

"Please tell me what's going on", pleaded the nurse. "You're not going to get into any trouble okay"

Serena looked around looking for any escape but knew she couldn't make it to the door quick enough.

"Um okay", said Serena. "But you have to promise not to tell anybody."

The nurse was hesitant at first then firmly nodded her head.

" Well you see my dad starves and beats me and my brother Sam a lot. He sometimes even rapes and molests us. My mom left us to him because she couldn't take the beatings." said Serena.

"How long has this been going on?" questioned the nurse.

"Umm.... since I was 7 years old. replied Serena.

"How long has your mother been gone?", asked the nurse

"For about 2 months", Serena stated.

"Serena how come you didn't tell anybody, this is very serious issue", stated the nurse.

" Well my dad threatened me by holding me outside my bedroom window by my throat. He told me if I ever told anybody he'll drop me. That's why I didn't tell anybody and that's why you can't tell anybody." said Serena trembling from the memory. She was starting to fear for her life, what if her dad found out that she had told nurse one of her dark secrets.

"Serena I have to tell....", started the nurse

"No! you can't tell nobody, he'll hunt me down and kill me.", said Serena know on her knees crying histerically.

The nurse bent down and hugged Serena trying to give her some comfort.

"I won't tell, but I want you to come down here twice a week so I can check up on you. If it beatings starts getting worse I'm going to call the cops. Do you understand?" Serena nodded her head quickly. She gave the nurse a hug and said thank you then slowly returned to class.

School went by slowly and everybody in the school knew Serena had passed out in class. Serena rushed out of school when the end bell rang and quickly went to Sam's school. Serena waited at Sam's school for about a half-hour before he was let out. They walked towards home as they talked about there day at school. Serena purposely left out the part about her and the school nurse. They both went home and regathered some things. They both left there home as Sam went to one of his friends house to spend the night as Serena went to Rei's temple.

Serena walked up the many stairs of the Temple to get to the porch. There she was Rei in her preistest robes sweeping off the porch. Rei stopped her sweeping and stood in shock. Serena was here before everyone else.

"Hey meatball head what are you doing here. Your early.", said Rei.

"Why do you have to be so mean to me Rei?", said Serena pouting.

Serena and Rei walked inside. Rei went into the kitchen to prepare some tea as Serena went into the den to sit on the couch by herself.

Serena started to think about the hot tempered miko. She really cared about Rei more than all of the other scouts. She wanted to tell Rei but she was afraid she would get rejected. Serena wouldn't be able to handle any more pain to her already broken heart. But today she was going to tell Rei how much she loves her. Serena knows that Rei must be her other soul mate the Setsuna was talking about. Serena was going to tell Rei that she loves her after the meeting is over. She just hopes that Rei will accept it.

Rei was in the kitchen preparing tea for Serena and her soon to be here friends. Rei watched Serena as the young girl was lost in her thoughts. Rei always looked up to Serena but her pride wouldn't let her express it to Serena. Rei truly loved Serena and it broke her heart and made her angry every time she saw her with Darien. So, she took her anger and frustration out on poor and helpless Serena. But today Rei was going to tell Serena that she was in love with her. She just hopes that Serena will accept it.

One by one the scouts came in and dicussed their share on how to defeat the enemy. Now that they where done the group of girls, 1 man and 2 cats began to have a friendly chat with eachother. Throughout the whole meeting Rei, Luna and Setsuna notice how Serena kept trying to keep her shirt sleeves from rising to show any part of her wrists and was kept spacing out.

Finally the question that Rei, Amy, Mina and Lita have been dying to ask.

"Hey Serena how come you passed out in class today?", asked Amy

"Yeah Serena are you alright?", said Mina becoming concerned about her best friend.

Serena snapped out of her reverie as she noticed she was in the spot light. She began to shift uncomfortably and gave a nervous laugh.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine. I just didn't get enough sleep last night.", said Serena. Everyone seemed to buy it except Luna and Setsuna who shook their heads disapprovingly and Rei who could see that was a lie from a mile away.

"Oh okay", said Amy.

The group of friends went back to their chattering as Serena gave a sigh of relief. Eveyone began to leave about an 1 later leaving only Serena and Rei.

"Rei, can I speak to you for a minute?" asked Serena as she picked up some of the cups from the table.

" Yeah sure. I've been meaning to talk to you too", replied Rei as she and Serena brought all of the cups to the sink and washed them. They dried off their hands and walked towards Rei's bedroom. Serena and Rei sat on Rei's queen sized water bed.

"Well I've been meaning to tell you this for some time", started Serena getting really nervous. She began ringing her hands together. Rei saw how nervous she was and she held onto Serena's hands.

"You can tell me anything Serena. You don't need to be nervous.", said Rei

" Well I'm in love with you", Serena said really fast. It Rei some time for her understand what she had said. When she figured it out she dropped Serena's hands and her mouth dropped wide open. She couldn't believe that Serena was in love with her. Serena took the reaction as a rejection.

~ To Be Continued~

Arthur:Please R&R me

**************************************************************** *******