Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Broken Home ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Arthur: Here's Chapter 2 ^_~

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters in this fic

Chapter 2

Serena stood up with tears in her eyes and was about to run out the door. Before she could leave she felt two arms wrap themselves around her waist. Then the two arms spun her around so she was met with the violet eyes of her lover. Rei pressed her lips against Serena's in a feather light kiss.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean to react like that", said Rei. She lifted a hand and wiped away the tears from Serena eyes. Serena sniffeled a couple of times and laid her head on the crook of Rei's neck. Rei brought them both down on the bed and put Serena on her lap and started to stoke Serena's long hair.

"What were you going to tell me before Rei?", asked Serena. Rei smiled and whispered in her ear.

"That I love you."

Serena smiled a true smile and gave a passionate kiss to Rei that took both their breathes away. When they parted their breathing was slightly uneven. They sat quitely in a comfortable silence relaxing in eachothers embrace.

"Serena I know you were lying when you told everybody why you passed out", Rei said softly. Serena began to feel uncomfortable again and tried to move out of Rei's lap. Rei tightened her grip so her lover couldn't escape.

"Serena can you please tell me what's going on? You've been getting distant lately", said Rei. "And you always look like you're in pain."

"Nothings wrong Rei", lied Serena knowing Rei wouldn't believe her. Rei took one of her hands and rolled up Serena's sleeves to be met by ugly long gash all over her forearms. Rei looked at Serena in horror not believing what she was seeing.

"Serena did you do this?", asked Rei .

"You know Rei I really have to go now", exclaimed Serena struggling to get away from Rei. Rei held Serena more tightly which caused Serena to take in a sharp gasp of air and tears to fill her eyes. Rei had touched the ribs that she had hurt last night when her father threw her against her dresser.

Rei cursed herself under her breathe for causing Serena pain. Rei lifted up a part of Serena's shirt and saw dark black and blue marks on her side. Rei lifted the shirt up more to be met by even more bruises with belt marks, hand prints, and scars and some cuts with some of them starting to bleed. Rei lifted the shirt off more until it was finally off.

Rei looked at Serena's wounds then at Serena wanting to get an explanation. Serena's body racked with sobs as Rei looked at her wounds.

Serena kept her face on the crook of Rei's neck not wanting to look in the questioning eyes of the miko. Rei took Serena's face in her right hand and made Serena look into her eyes. Rei kissed away the tears until they stopped falling.

"Serena please tell me what's going on. Where did you get these marks from?", pleaded Rei with tears in her own eyes wanting to help her lover in anyway.

Serena told her everything that has been going on in her home for all those years. Rei listened intently giving Serena as much comfort as she could. She was angry that someone would hurt Serena. Serena told Rei how she started cutting her wrists 2 years ago to take away the pain. Rei promised not to tell anyone which took a lot of kisses and persuading. Rei asked her grandpa if Serena could stay the night since it was a friday. He said yes, happy to let Serena over anytime.

Rei told Serena to lay down on the bed as Rei brought out some medicine and bandages to fix up Serena's wounds. Serena laid silently as Rei tenderly cleaned and wrapped her wounds. Serena never felt someone give her some much love except for her mother who had abandoned her family.

When Rei was done she gave Serena a pair of extra PJ's she had. Rei wore blue silk pajamma pants and a white tank top. Serena wore the same thing except she has on black pants and a purple tank top. They both climbed on the bed with Serena's head laying on Rei's chest. Rei began telling Serena that she knows what she's going through because she went through the same thing with her father when her mom died in a car accident. Also her father was arrested and sentenced to death. She was told that her grandpa was her only living relative left so he gained custody to her. Rei and Serena talked about the good times and the bad and then they finally went to sleep.

Grandpa Hino stood outside the door of his granddaughters bedroom. He had a smile on his face happy that Rei finally has someone to love and some one to love her back the same way. His smile soon disappeared as he thought over what Serena had said about her father. He loved Serena as much as Rei and dosen't want anything to happen to her. He walked back to his room to get some much needed rest.

**********************

Rei woke up and saw Serena peacefully sleeping on her. Rei stroked away some of the bangs from Serena's eyes then cupped her face lightly brushing her thumb across Serena's lips. When she took her hand away she smiled when Serena began to whimper and move her face forward to find Rei's warm hand again. Rei put her hand back to please her lover. She laid back down and with her other hand began stroking Serena's back. In all her years Rei could not have been happier then to have Serena sleeping beside her.

Rei lightly slid Serena off of her and then kissed her on her forhead. She quietly walked out of her room and ran into her grandfather.

"Oh hi grandpa, didn't see you there.", replied Rei with a smile. Grandpa Hino smiled back warmly. He looked towards the door where the room Serena slept in was.

"So are you guys together", asked Grandpa Hino already knowing the answer.

"Uh, yeah we are", replied Rei slightly blushing. Grandpa Hino's face wiped off of all humor and turned to complete seriousness. Rei took a step back surprised by the change of mood.

"You better protect her Rei, You are all she haves besides here brother. She trusts you the most out of all her friends, you got that?" stated Grandpa Hino. Rei shook her head yes. Grandpa Hino broke out into a smile then skipped down the hall calling Rei down to help him make some breakfast.

******************

Serena woke up reaching over to find Rei only to be met by nothing. She shot up from the bed and looked around the room, but didn't see the miko anywhere. Serena suddenly smelt the aroma of food and began to follow the smell to the kitchen as if in a trance. When she finally reached the kitchen she saw Rei and her grandfather setting out the food on the table.

Rei turned around and saw Serena standing in the door way as Grandpa Hino sat at the table and began reading a newspaper.

"Good mornig sleepy head. Come on over here and get a plate", replied Rei.

When Serena went over to Rei, Rei whispered, " He already knows we're together." Then Rei kissed her on the cheek. Serena blushed a little then went to sit down at the table. Rei came over and sat next to her as Grandpa Hino hid a smile behind the paper.

Throughout the meal they discussed little topics about school and what were they going to do when they get out of college. Every now and then Rei would put her hand on Serena's thigh. Her hand became bold and went to a very sensitive area which caused Serena to choke on her food. When Serena looked towards Rei, Rei was looking down at her food with a huge grin on her face. Serena took her hand and slapped Rei lightly on the back on her head which caused them to break out in laughter. Grandpa Hino became confused and decided he didn't want to know what was going on.

When breakfast was over the girls washed the dishes. When they where done they got dressed, Serena borrowing more of Rei clothes and they went to the mall. When they came back they had dozens apon dozens of bags. The girls went towords Rei room passing by Grandpa Hino in the process and saying hi. Serena and Rei talked for hours. When Serena decided it was time to go it was around 2 am. Rei walked Serena to the front door of the temple then gave her a long kiss good bye.

***********************

Serena walked merrily down the streets of Tokyo. She never been more happier in her entire life. She rounded the corner and saw her father's car in the driveway of her house. She slowly walked towards the house and saw some of the lights on. Serena didn't want to risk seeing her father so she climbed in a tree that was closest to her window so she could climb in. She did this every time she had to sneak into her house from a youma battle.

Serena opened her window as quietly as she could. She climbed in and was met by darkness. She gave a sigh of relief. Her lights suddenly flicked on.

~ To Be Continued ~

Arthur: Please R&R me. chapter 3 up really soon, maybe like tomorrow.

**************************************************************** *******