Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Change In Destiny ❯ Wedding Bells? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*** Unfortunately, I don't own Sailor Moon (no matter how much I'd love to), I just own this story line.***
 
*Wedding Day*
 
“Oh my, Serena. You look wonderful,” a feminine voice gushed gently.
Serenity, or known to her friends as Serena, looked at each one of the four girls. A soft smile graced her lips as her eyes began to water.
Amy, the brains of the group. Lita, the strong one and the chef of their circle. Mina, the fashioned one. And Rei, the spiritual and fire-tempered female. All four girls were dressed in their respective colors: red, blue, green, and yellow.
A knock on the door caused Serenity to turn away from the giggling group of hormonal females and call out. “Come in.”
The door opened and four more people entered. Three curtsied as one bowed at the waist. Smiles graced all their lips as the shortest of the four ran towards Serenity with a child-like squeal.
“Hello there, Hotaru,” she whispered softly as she looked down at the bundle of energy hugging her middle. “Haruka, Setsuna, Michiru. It's wonderful to see you all here today. Almost wondered if you guys would be making an appearance for this occasion.”
Glancing at Haruka, she was barely able to stifle a giggle.
“What?” the female in topic questioned defensively.
“Nothing. I see you've declined to wear the dress I sent you weeks ago. You opted for the suit I sent instead, eh?”
Haruka smirked and gave a elegant shrug of her shoulder. “You know me and dresses never matched, your highness.”
At the formal title, Serenity's smile faded. A forlorn expression overcame her face as she spoke her gentle words. “Haruka, what did I tell you about calling me that? We're friends. Please treat me as such. I beg of you.”
Haruka sighed dejectedly as she stared into her princess's eyes. She knew a long time ago that Serenity was her ultimate weakenss. Michiru, yes. But Serenity more so.
“I'm just preparing myself for what I'll be calling you in the future, koneko.” Haruka winked playfully, causing laughter to break throughout the room.
Serenity stared at herself in the full-length mirror once more. Her smile drooped off into an unknown frown as a thought flashed into her mind.
You'd still be a wonderful queen even if you don't marry him. Marry me instead, Serenity.”
`Can I really go through with this?”