Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Clash of Royal proportions ❯ Betrothed ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A Clash of Royal proportions

Chapter 1

Betrothed

~~~~~~~ On the moon ~~~~~~~

"Serenity, Serenity where are you, I need to speak with you." The voice rang through the palace like a warm summer breeze, Queen Selenity had been looking for her daughter for two hours now and she could not find her. The Queen didn't get angry very often, but she did on the odd occasion, god help the soul who had gotten her angry, for she had a fury to match that of a Centrif, one of the most feared beasts in the universe. " Serenity, come here now, I am not playing these games anymore with you, I must speak with you NOW!" Selenity was getting beyond mad, her daughter could be very stubborn at times and this was one of them. " Do not get you're royal panties in a twist mother I am here," The Queen spun around to see her daughter standing in a doorway, leaning against it's frame, arms crossed and a huge smirk covered her lovely features.

"Serenity, I'm not in the mood for you're games today, we have something to discuss." Selenity looked over at her daughter, and she continued. " Well come and sit down so I can tell you, this is something I think you should be sitting down when you hear." Serenity reluctantly gave in to her mother's wishes and walked into the room and took a seat on her bed. " Yes mother, what is it that you wish to speak to me about?" Serenity was almost positive of what her mother was going to talk to her about, marriage. She had chased away many suitors over the years but her mother kept on persisting saying, "Serenity you must marry, it's for the good of the kingdom." She was sick of hearing those words, how many times she had heard them she did not know, but her reaction was always the same, she did not want to marry for her kingdom, she wanted to marry for love. She could remember the last suitor that she had chased away.

~~~~~~~ Flashback ~~~~~~~~

"Serenity, you are so beautiful, I will be glad to have you as my queen." Diamond was the crown prince of the dark moon and Serenity hated him, but her mother had brought him here anyway, in the hope that she would grow to care for him, big mistake. Serenity rolled her eyes and stood, " Yes I am sure that you would Diamond." Serenity began to walk away when a evil thought spread across her mind, he would not go away on his own, so she would have to make him go away. She walked through the gardens with Diamond close behind and she stood by a beautiful lake. Diamond couldn't help it and he was awe struck, her features were enhanced by the waters reflection and she was even more beautiful than he thought. What he didn't know was that this was where Serenity brought all her suitors to get rid of them.

She turned to the prince with a smile printed on her lips, " Diamond would you come here please?" She asked, her beautiful eyes burning into his skin. He dumbly stumbled forward until his was in front of her, she leaned in and placed her hands on his shoulders and put her lips up to his ear. She could feel him shiver underneath her hands; she smiled and whispered into his ear, "Diamond, do you think I am beautiful?" All he could do was nod. " Do you think I am kind?" she received another nod, " Do you think I am caring?" this time Diamond was able to let out a high pitched "Yes," as his answer. Serenity couldn't help it and an evil smirk spread across her lips, "Well Diamond, you wrong on the last two accounts." Diamond felt a growing pain in his loins and it took him a while to realise what she had done. He fell to the ground and looked up at the princess before him, her hands were on her hips and she was smiling down at him. " Go home Diamond, you will get nothing here, I will never be yours." And with that she turned and walked away.

~~~~~~ End of flashback ~~~~~

"Serenity, what are you laughing about?" Serenity was snapped from her thoughts and looked over at her mother, concern etched into her lovely features. " Yes mother I was just… thinking." Serenity let out another little giggle and her mother knew what she was thinking about. " What you did to prince Diamond was not funny Serenity, you nearly brought on war between us." Selenity's voice was stern and angry, causing Serenity to look at her mother in shock, " I was not my fault mother, he ran into my knee!" Selenity sighed and she continued what she was discussing before, " Well, as I was saying before Serenity, I need to speak with you. As you know, our alliance with the Earth is nearly at its end. There are only two ways to renew this alliance, one, is having an enemy attack, and that would leave us no choice but to form an alliance. And the second is…" Selenity wasn't sure how her daughter would react to the fact that she had betrothed her to someone she didn't even know. " Yes mother what is the second way?" Serenity was getting impatient and her mother could see it. Selenity bit her bottom lip, a nervous habit she had developed over the years, " Well, the second way, is by… marriage."

Selenity closed her eyes waiting for her daughters out burst but it never came. She opened her eyes to see a very confused daughter looking at her, " What do you mean mother?" Selenity was afraid her daughter wouldn't know what she meant and now she had to explain it to her. " Well Serenity, you see… The royal family and myself have come to an agreement, you and the crown prince of the Earth, shall marry before your eighteenth birthday." Selenity watched her daughter and was now afraid. Serenity's eyes had grown wide and her mouth hung open, she stood from the bed and looked down at her mother, " MOTHER I AM NOT MARRYING SOMEONE I DO NOT EVEN KNOW! YOU KNOW I WILL ONLY MARRY FOR LOVE AND MY EIGHTEENTH BIRTHDAY IS IN THREE WEEKS!!" Serenity was beyond angry, her mother had betrothed her to someone she didn't even know. And now that she was betrothed, she could not back out and try to drive him away, she was stuck with it, no matter how much she hated it.

Serenity let out a scream of frustration and was beginning to walk out of the room when she heard her mother's voice, " Serenity, they will be here tomorrow morning, please try to get along, please!" Serenity ignored her mother and stalked out of the room, she was not going to give in without a fight that much was for certain, " let us see how much the prince will want to marry me after I give him everything I've got, I'll find a way out of this unwanted engagement, one way or another."

So what did ya think??? This is my first moon kingdom fanfic, Serenity doesn't want to be married and she will do anything to stop it from happening? How will this new prince take her antics? And what will she do if he plays games of his own? Well R&R peoples I luuuuuurve review, it's so good to know people like your writing ^_^ anyways bubbye!!!