Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Guarded Twin ❯ The Beginning ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue: The Beginning
 
*****
 
Dark green hair billowed out around her as she watched the events taking place through a small time portal.
 
*****
 
It was 1:30 in the morning; the maternity ward buzzed to life as a small scream of a baby girl was heard throughout the halls of the hospital. A dark haired woman lying in the hospital bed looked at her husband wearily yet smiled as her baby girl was placed in her arms.
 
“Oh Ken, she's beautiful, so peaceful,” the woman cooed down at the infant in her arms.
 
“What shall we name the little angel, Ilene?” Ken asked his wife lovingly.
 
“How about…Serenity?”
 
“Sounds good to me. Serenity Rose Johnson; our little angel.”
 
“…Hmm, I think it's too much of a mouthful now. How about Serena instead?” Ken suggested.
 
“No!” Ilene snapped. “I was in labour for 23 hours trying to deliver this little girl and after all that screaming and yelling…just listen to that. As soon as she was placed in my arms…absolute peace and calm. Silence. Our daughter should represent the calm after the storm. Serenity it shall be.”
 
Ken sighed and glanced at his newborn daughter.
 
“But I guess we can call her Serena for short.” Ilene murmured as she kissed her baby's forehead. Ken just beamed and complied with his wife's wishes.
 
*****
 
Her garnet eyes turned to another small time portal within the hall of time; this one's vision was blurred by rain.
 
*****
 
A small black family car was driving around a slippery bend when a large semi truck lost control and slammed into the side of the smaller vehicle. The smaller car was thrown off the edge of the road and rolled down the large hill, turning over itself several times. As the crushed car stopped rolling and came to a stop, a red portal opened up beside the car from which a single female figure stepped out and ran to the vehicle and opened the, thankfully not damaged, back door. The woman picked up the small body of a little dark haired boy and hugged the child close as a warm, crimson glow emitted from her. She placed the little boy's body softly on the wet ground; his injuries healed and his memories erased. The woman then pulled a blanket out of her sub-space pocket and placed it over the boy in a protective manner before bending down and kissing the small boy's forehead.
 
“Sleep well little Endymion Darien Chiba, Small Prince of Earth…” a soft female voice spoke through the rain. “Serenity will need you soon enough.” The woman stepped back into the red portal from which she came.
 
*****
 
The lone dark haired woman sighed softly as she turned to another portal, one with five young girls playing in a playground. The girls were about twelve years old.
 
*****
 
“Serena, why do you have to cry so much!” a raven haired girl complained as the small golden blonde haired girl, who was being told off, sat on the ground crying. Her sky blue eyes filled with more tears as the girl's words reached her ears.
 
“Rei, why do you have to be so mean to `Rena?” another blonde girl asked, her blue eyes glaring at the dark haired girl.
 
“'Cause Mina, she's such a cry baby! We shouldn't have to hang around cry babies!” Rei smirked as the little girl on the ground slouched even more.
 
“Lay off Rei; Serena has done nothing to you and you always hurt her feelings!” Lita's voice raised above Serena's sobs. Ami, sitting reservedly quiet as usual, looked up from her book and rolled her eyes at the scene before her. Soon a dark shadow blocked Ami's reading light and she turned to glare at the offenders, but she stopped when she saw who it was.
 
“Come on Rei, leave the kid alone,” a tall dark haired boy spoke. He was surrounded by four other boys, each of them around fifteen to sixteen, each of them trying not to laugh at the three girls rolling in the sand. Lita was now pinning Rei to the ground and Mina was sitting on Rei's kicking legs, while making faces at Serena in an attempt to make her laugh. The girls stopped and looked at the group with dumb faces. Had Darien, of all people, told Rei to stop troubling Serena?
 
“Rei, you should quit picking on the little meatball head. You know that's my job.” Darien smirked as he turned and walked away, the group of boys following him back towards the school. Serena knew it was too good to be true and growled slightly despite her tears and stood up defiantly to glare at Darien's retreating back.
 
“ITS SERENA YOU STUPID JERK!” Serena screamed after him.
 
“See ya, Sere-MEATBALL HEAD!!” All five boys laughed as they continued walking away. Serena slumped back to her spot on the ground, the other girls glaring after the boys.
 
“I hate him…” Serena whispered softly, no longer crying nor sniffling…
 
*****
 
A voice sighed from behind the dark haired woman.
 
“They really should be more kind; Serenity has such a loving soul Trista.”
 
“I know she does young one, and you know she will forgive them.”
 
“They don't deserve her…”
 
“Yet, to this day, you still don't believe yourself worthy of her forgiveness…”
 
“I still don't. I killed…I hurt her Trista…”
 
“That's enough young one. Would you like to continue watching with me?”
 
“…Of course.” Both women looked at the next portal to watch the next scene unfold before them.
 
*****
 
A lone teenaged blonde female, with a very weird hairstyle, two buns and pigtails to be exact, walked slowly along the sidewalk towards the Crown Arcade, a popular place for teens where video game noise was a normal thing and the milkshakes were the best. She was staring at a piece of paper in her hands as she sighed.
 
“Mom is going to kill me for this,” she stared some more at the large 38 that was on the top of the paper. “I failed ANOTHER test! She's going to ground me for life, take away my allowance and never let me go to the arcade again! I better go enjoy my last milkshake…” She muttered as she crumpled up the test paper and threw it over her shoulder.
 
“Watch it meatball head!” A deep male voice came from behind her. “Wow, you must have spaghetti for brains if you failed a simple science test like this!”
 
“Excuse me? What did you call me? You pathetic overbearing self centered jack-” Serena had to turn around to look into a pair of ocean blue eyes that were slightly covered by ebony hair as his hand came down on her shoulder.
 
“You were saying?” he smirked down at her.
 
“ARGH DARIEN!!! You're a jerk you know that? AND you have a really bad taste in clothes… ESPECIALLY with that UGLY green jacket!!” Serena screamed at him and stormed into the arcade where she sat down on a stool and hit her head on the counter. “Jackass, stupid jerk… I hate that man!”
 
*****
 
The blonde woman laughed softly at the girl smacking her head on the counter, as the dark haired woman shook her head slightly. `What a weird girl she has become…' Trista thought.
 
*****
 
The girl stopped banging her head on the counter and turned around as she felt a hand on her shoulder again, glaring at the male who had interrupted her head-bashing time. The ugly green jacket was haunting her. She jumped off the stool and went to go to a booth when she was tripped up by the bag that Darien had dropped by her feet and fell to the floor with a loud thud. “Clumsy as well as stupid!” he exclaimed, holding back laughter.
 
“SHUT UP YOU JACKASS! AND YOU WONDER WHY I HATE YOU?!”
 
*****
 
Trista rolled her eyes at the young girl's actions in the small portal. The blonde behind her grinned as Serena glared up at Darien. Her expression soon changed into one of thoughtfulness. He was so cruel to her, like the others. And Serenity hadn't forgotten her promise to Endymion either…
 
`In the next lifetime I promise to hate you.'
 
“You realize it will soon be time for you to go there as well young one,” Trista spoke softly to her companion, breaking the blonde out of her reverie.
 
“Yes, Puu I realize that,” the woman replied softly as both of them left the Hall of Time. Her long hair sparkled as streams of light hit it. Garnet eyes met sapphire as Trista turned to the younger woman.
 
“Young one…”
 
“I wish you would stop calling me that. I am not that little anymore Tristianna.” The blonde woman snapped, “I do have a name, next time use it.” Trista smirked at the full use of her name and saw the fiery spark that was Princess Entrinity still alive.
 
“Yes princess…” Trista spoke softly. “However, let us get ready princess. Your time is almost here. Make sure you have those files memorized before we go.”
 
“It is done. So I leave tomorrow then.” The blonde woman sighed as she was referred to as princess. That life seemed so long ago. It also seemed so long ago when Puu was preparing her for her new duties as Senshi. Instead, now, she was being prepared for a totally new life.
 
“Yes princess…” Trista replied.
 
“I will be ready.”
 
“I hope so…oh and Entrinity? Please be safe.”
 
“No worries Puu,” Entrinity winked at the Plutonian princess. “I am sure I can take care of myself once I am there!” She then turned and walked off into the mist and began to prepare for her trip to Earth where everything she once knew now lived.