Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Meeting of Minds ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Meeting of Minds
Chapter 10
 
a Sailor Moon Fanfic
by SoftRogue
whiteb100@hotmail.com
 
Disclaimer:
Here's a little story I got to tell,
about three bad sisters you know so well.
It started way in history,
with Setsuna, Michiru, and me; Haruka.
 
---Present Time---
 
As I pull out of our driveway, I'm glad that I've already memorized the directions to the hotel that we were staying at; since the moment I turned onto the road, I lost sight of Haruka. The drive there was pleasant enough, except for two incidences before we had left Tokyo proper.
 
"Hey, what's this? OH! A built in DVD player?" I heard Usagi exclaim, keeping my eyes on the road.
 
"Alright! Setsuna-san sprung for the deluxe model!" Minako cheered from the back seat.
 
"Did you bring any movies, Setsuna-san? Huh? Huh? Huh?" Usagi asked, leaning forward between the front seats.
 
"I believe you'll find a suitable selection in a case on the floor underneath Rei."
 
"Yay!" the pony-tailed girl exclaimed as she dove to locate the movies.
 
"Oomph! Get off me, Odango Atama! Hey! Watch where you're putting your hands!"
 
"Score!"
 
"ACK! Usagi!"
 
After a brief argument, the girls decided to watch a sappy romantic-comedy. Looking out of the corner of my eyes, I glance at Ami and see an amused expression on her face as she looked out at the passing scenery. The girls settled down the watch the movie as we drove through the streets of Tokyo. However, the comfortable silence was soon broken by an insistent beeping noise coming from Ami.
 
The movie was shutoff and a hushed tone was prevalent as the blue haired girl opened the Mercury Computer and consulted it. "What is it, Ami-chan?" Makoto asked from the back seat.
 
"That's strange." Ami said slowly. "I'm detecting something that bears a resemblance to a Youma along with a Temporal Distortion about one and a half kilometers to the east."
 
"Ah, the Higurashi Shrine. Nothing to worry about." I say offhandedly.
 
"Wait...the Higurashi Shrine? I stayed there once several summers ago." Rei said slowly, before muttering under her breath, "...and I thought that Grandpa was batty..." The priestess then leaned between the seats and said, "Come on! Let's go!"
 
"There's no need. It's none of our concern." I answer.
 
"What?! What do mean 'It's none of our concern.'?!" Rei shrieked.
 
"Rei's right! Let's go bash that whatever-it-is and get to the beach!" Minako exclaimed.
 
"Exactly!" Makoto agreed, slamming a fist into her palm.
 
While the three girls called out for me to drive with all haste to the shrine, Ami continued to consult her Computer. It went on like that for a full minute until a hesitant voice broke through the din.
 
"Setsuna-san?" Usagi asked quietly, "Is this one of those things you told me about."
 
"Yes, Princess. It is."
 
"I see." She answered slowly. "In that case, let's head to the beach!"
 
With that, I heard her reach over and start the movie again. It took only a moment before Rei forcefully pressed the 'stop' button on the DVD player.
 
"What are you talking about, Odango Atama? There's some creature out there that we need to stop!" Rei exclaimed.
 
"No there isn't, Rei." Usagi said, as if speaking to a child.
 
"Yes there is, Usagi! Didn't you hear Ami?!"
 
"No Rei, there isn't." stated Usagi, her voice changing to take on an authoritative tone. "Pluto and I talked about this before. There are things happening in this world that are of no immediate concern to us. If Pluto already knows about this and believes that the situation is already being handled by someone else, then there is no need for us to become involved. Period."
 
Listing to Usagi, I couldn't have been more proud of my future Queen than I was at that moment. You could've heard a pin drop; the other girls were so astonished.
 
"Whoa." Minako finally said, stunned.
 
"You could say that again." Makoto said with disbelief.
 
"Whoa."
 
"Alright! Who are you and what did you do with my Usagi!" Rei accused.
 
"Rei..." Usagi sighed. "Well, it looks like you've found me out. My real name is Wataru and I was sent by the elders of my Planet; what you know as Alpha-Centauri Prime; to study human nature by reading all of the shoujo manga I can find."
 
"Usagi!!!!" Rei growled, before tackling the blonde.
 
"Not in the car! Not in the car!" Usagi protested.
 
After everyone settled down, the rest of the four hour drive was relaxing, with only a minor argument breaking out over the next movie to watch. I glance at Ami occasionally, a small smile on my lips, as she quietly read a book. Since that day a week ago, the blue haired girl had come over twice to talk to me, and I had enjoyed every minute of that time. I also hadn't been plagued by any more dreams about her nor have I found myself daydreaming about my time with Pai.
 
Eventually, we arrived at the hotel. Pulling to a stop under the covered entranceway, Ami and I exited the van. In their excitement, Usagi and Minako tried to scramble out of the vehicle, climbing over Rei and Makoto in the process. Unfortunately, the two blondes became tangled, thus causing all four girls to fall to the ground.
 
"Usagi! Get off me!" yelled Rei, causing the tangle of girls to draw more attention.
 
"Setsuna-san?" Ami asked me, steadfastly ignoring the other girls. "Do you think that Haruka-san and the others have arrived yet and checked in?"
 
Before I could answer, I heard the familiar sound of tires squealing. With a screech of breaks, Haruka came to a sudden stop behind the parked van. After revving the engine a few times, the shorthaired blonde turned off the car and opened her door.
 
"Need some help, Koneko-chan?" Haruka asked, sauntering over to the pile of girls and offering a hand.
 
"Thanks, Haruka-san." Usagi replied, talking the hand.
I watched as the other girls climbed to their feet and noticed as Michiru and the others got out of the car. I saw Chibi-usa stagger out and fall to her knees, causing Usagi to rush over to her.
 
"Chibi-usa? What's wrong? Are you alright?" Usagi asked with concern.
 
"...momma? it was scary..." the pink haired girl said.
 
Michiru came around to assist the younger girl. "I apologies. Harukas' driving is...an acquired taste." She said, causing Hotaru to nod vigorously.
 
"With the way you drive, Haruka-san, I figured you'd already be here." Makoto said as she started to pull our luggage from the van.
 
"Haruka-papa got lost!" Hotaru said with a stage whisper and a giggle.
 
"I did not!" Haruka protested vehemently.
 
"Then what do you call it, love?" Michiru asked curiously.
 
"Taking the scenic route." she stated, grabbing her bags and heading for the lobby.
 
The rest of us followed with our luggage and entered the hotel, with Michiru joining Haruka at the front desk. After a moment the two of them returned, envelopes in hand.
 
"Alright, here's the plan." Haruka announced, again taking her responsibilities as chaperone seriously. "We'll all go to our rooms and relax and do some exploring. At 6:00, we'll meet at the hotel restaurant to plan the rest of the week. Now...who wants to sleep with who?" she finished with a twinkle in her eye, earning an elbow to the ribs courtesy of Michiru.
 
"Come on Hotaru-chan!" Chibi-usa said, taking an envelope that had a room number written on it from Haruka.
 
As the two young girls headed off for the elevators hand in hand, Usagi spoke up. "Alright, Minako! We're going have soooo much fun!"
 
"I don't think so!" Rei snapped as she stormed over to Haruka and snatched an envelope from her. "I'm not letting you out of my sight, 'Wataru'! Who knows what kind of trouble the two of you would get into?!"
 
"Rei!" Usagi protested as the raven-haired girl grabbed her by the collar and dragged her towards the elevators.
 
"...Ami?" Makoto hesitantly asked; but before she could say anything else, Minako move forward.
 
"Yoink!" She exclaimed, snagging another envelope from Haruka. "Alright! Let's drop off our luggage, Mako-chan, and go check out the cute boys at the beach!"
 
The blonde girl gave me a curious grin before grabbing the taller girls arm. "But I...!" Makoto protested, casting a glance at Ami, as Minako dragged her away.
 
"Here you go Setsuna-san, Ami-chan." Michiru said politely, handing me an envelope before heading off with Haruka.
 
I blink for a moment before I realize that there was only one person left.
 
Ami.
 
"Setsuna-san? Is something wrong?" she asked quietly.
 
"No. Nothing. Nothing at all. Shall we?" I say, keeping my emotions out of my voice.
 
The others were already gone by the time the two of us arrived at the elevators. Waiting for another one to arrive, I felt my stomach tighten at the prospect of sleeping in the same room as Ami for a week.
 
'I thought I had beaten this!' I think to myself. 'She's just a friend; I'm willing to admit that. That's all...'
 
The ride up in the elevator was awkward for me as I tried to control my thoughts. We walk down the hall in silence to our room, clearly hearing Rei and Usagi arguing in their room. Arriving at our room next to the stairs, I hand Ami one of the keycards from the envelope and we enter. Closing the door, I can clearly see Haruka and Michiru in the room across the hall through their open door in a loving embrace.
 
'Just what I didn't need to see.' I think to myself as I firmly close the door.
 
Looking around the room I found myself trapped in, I was glad that Haruka, Michiru, and I had all agreed to pay for most of the cost of the trip. The suites we acquired were some of the largest the hotel had; big enough for several dressers, a large table and chairs, two plush armchairs and two queen size beds; much to my immense relief.
 
In silence, we begin to unpack our luggage. After we finished, Ami looked at me shyly while holding a bundle of cloths.
 
"Um, Setsuna-san? Since we had to get up so early, I didn't get a chance to swim this morning, so I was going to go to the pool and do some laps before going to the sauna. Would you care to join me?"
 
---Silver Millennium---
 
With a weary sigh, I settle on the tiered marble benches of the sauna. With a deep breath of steam, I adjust the towel around my body and the one holding my hair and relax. I could slowly feel the tension leave my weary muscles. I had just returned from spending the equivalent of three weeks outside the normal flow of time chasing down that...pervert and the Artifact he had gotten his grubby hands on.
 
I shudder and seriously consider taking another shower, the sixth since I returned to the Palace.
 
"At least I finally found out what happened to Noodle Brain's underwear all those years ago." I mutter to myself with a yawn.
 
"Is someone there?" I hear a familiar voice call out softly from the thick veil of steam.
 
"Is that you, child?" I ask, thinking that I might be hallucinating from lack of sleep.
 
"Sensei?" young Pai says, stepping through the mist to stand demurely nearby.
 
"Good evening, child." I greet her, "What are you doing up so late?"
 
"It's just after dawn, Sensei. I just finished my morning swim." She tells me, sitting down on the stone bench near me. "Sensei? If you don't mind my saying so, you don't look so good." She said; her voice filled with concern.
 
I blink owlishly at her, collecting my jumbled thoughts. At nineteen, the promise of beauty she held when I first met her had bloomed in full. As I looked at her, she tugged self-consciously at the towel wrapped around her body and adjusted the one that wrapped her hair.
 
"Oh, I'm sorry, child. I've been busy at the Gates of Time." I apologies, "When was the last time you saw me?"
 
"Three days ago." young Pai told me, long used to me not always realizing when I was after I returned from a long stint at the Gates.
 
"Is that all?" I yawn, reaching up to massage one of my shoulders. "It seems longer."
 
"Can you tell me what happened?" she asked me curiously, knowing that I couldn't always tell her about some of the things I do.
 
"I encountered this...this pervert" I spat, "who had gotten a hold of a Class 3B Artifact that allowed him to travel through time. He was hopping from century to century trying to 'free' his 'silky darlings'." I shiver in disgust again. "I was constantly moving for over eight days trying to catch up with him. He was a slippery little troll, but I was finally able to send him back to this own time and limit the power of the Artifact; downgrading it to a Class 2A. I then had to spend another two weeks undoing the damage he caused the Time Stream." I explained with another yawn.
 
"...'silky darlings'?" young Pai asked with confusion.
 
"Underwear. Women's underwear. He was going through time in order to steal panties and bras from women; often while they were wearing them."
 
Giving me a look of horror she asked, "Did he...?"
 
"After I sleep for a week, I'm going to ask Myung to burn my uniform." I answer, shuddering again; remembering what he tried to do to me.
 
"Oh Sensei." young Pai said sympathetically, placing a hand on my arm. "Is there anything I can do for you?"
 
I yawn again, causing my jaw to creak, as I tried to rub the knot in my neck. Seeing this, young Pai moved up to the tier above the one we were sitting and carefully sat behind me; her legs on either side of me.
 
"Here, Sensei. Let me." She said carefully as she began to massage my aching shoulders.
 
I let out a moan of relief. "Oh child. Please; whatever you do, don't stop." I said; rolling my eyes in bliss at the feel of her soft hands gently kneaded my muscles.
 
I was in heaven. The feeling of her supple hands against my flesh was sheer ecstasy as she first worked my shoulders, then my neck, before she slowly made her way down my back. Between my exhaustion, the heat of the steam, and the tender ministration of her lithe fingers; my head began to nod and my eyes became heavy.
 
She worked her way back up to my shoulders and leaded me back against her. "Sleep, Sensei." she whispered; her breath hot on my ear, "I'll take care of you, like you did for me. I promise. Always."
 
As I dozed off, I felt something feather soft brush against my cheek.
 
---Present Time---
 
"No thank you." I say a bit stiffly, "There are some...things I need to check on."
 
"Oh..." Ami says, her disappointment clearly written on her face, before moving dejectedly to the bathroom to change.
 
After the bathroom door closed, I lose the iron grip I held on my emotions and collapse on a bed in a heap. The memory of the encounter in the sauna with Pai was...intense to say the least. That was the first time I noticed that my charge saw me as more than her tutor and friend. I could almost feel the touch of her hands on my shoulders and a secret part of me longed for Ami to do the same.
 
'What am I going to do?'
 
------
To Be Continued...
 
Author's Notes...
I have to announce that this will be the last of the daily
posting of chapters. I know some of you will be disappointed,
but RL is going to catch up with me in the next day or three.
Plus, I have several scenes I plan to do but I have to pause,
take a deep breath, and figure out how I want to actually write
them. If I'm not careful, everything will become jumbled together.
 
So...Ja ne for now!
 
As always any C&C would be appreciated at whiteb100@hotmail.com
 
06/03/05