Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Meeting of Minds ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Meeting of Minds
Chapter 11
 
a Sailor Moon Fanfic
by SoftRogue
whiteb100@hotmail.com
 
Disclaimer:
Sailor Moon does not belong to me
 
 
---Present Time---
 
"No! Absolutely, positively, not! En oh no!"
 
"Ruka..." I say to my love in exasperation.
 
"You're not getting me in there! I know you, Michi. As soon as you get me in there, I know exactly what you'll do."
 
"Oh?" I ask, stepping close to her and taking her arm. "And what, exactly, would I do?"
 
"You'll try to get me into one of those...those things!" she protested, not noticing that I was slowly leading her forward.
 
"But...but you always like it when I wear one of them." I pout, trying not to let her know how close to victory I was.
 
"But that's you, Michi." she looks at me tenderly, so much so that I almost give away my game.
 
"But Ruka..." I plead, giving her a 'puppy dog eye' look.
 
"No, Michi. I won't. Not even for you." she says as she pulls her arm away from me and stormed off, leaving me alone on the threshold of the lingerie shop.
 
As I watch my lover walk off, I can't help but stomping my foot in irritation. I love Haruka dearly, I truly do, but sometimes her attitudes frustrate me to no end. I understand that since before I met her she's been trying to fit into the male-dominated racing circuit and that she is a lesbian in a society that frowns on such lifestyles. For years, she's been mimicking male attitudes and mannerisms to the point that they were second nature to her; but sometimes she takes it too far...to my disappointment. I mean, I'm also a lesbian, but I've never felt that I had to hide behind a false mask.
 
But whenever I succeed in pulling that mask away, a dramatic change takes place. On those rare occasions I've been able to convince her to dress femininely, she transforms into an extremely beautiful and sensual creature.
 
"You know..." I hear Minako say from my side. Looking over at her, I see her wearing a conspiratorial grin. "I wouldn't be surprised if you knew all of her measurements." her grin grew wider, "I'm thinking that she would look good in something...risqué in a powder-blue. Or maybe a silk negligee in black."
 
"Velvet." I think out loud, returning Minakos' grin. "Haruka enjoys the feel of velvet."
 
I glance around and look at the others. Today is the first full day of our vacation and last night we all agreed to put off going to the beach until after the weekend; when it wouldn't be as crowded. So, we decided to go to the nearby open-air mall to do a little shopping. I smile as I notice my daughter and Chibi-usa looking in one of the lingerie shops' windows with a mix of curiosity and awe; remembering when I was at that age and such clothing became fascinating to me.
 
"Come on, Rei! I want to find something to wear for my Mamo-chan!" Usagi exclaimed, dragging the raven-haired girl behind her.
 
"Stop pulling, Usagi..." Rei said, shaking her head in exasperation.
 
"Hey, Mako-chan! Let's go help Michiru-san pick something out for Haruka-san!" Minako said, grabbing the taller girls arm and pulling her into the shop.
 
"But...but I..." the brunette stammered.
 
"Oh, don't worry Mako-chan. We'll find something for you too!"
 
Glancing at the two remaining members of our group, I can't help but smile in amusement at seeing Ami looking like she would die from embarrassment. Setsuna, meanwhile, is looking at the displays in the windows with the critical eye of a clothing designer. Apparently sensing my regard, the emerald haired woman met my eyes with a questioning gaze. I motion towards the two younger girls by the window with my head and she nods, silently telling me that she will look after them while I was inside.
 
Once inside the lingerie store, I'm quickly caught up in the variety of selections available. While searching through the racks, I can't help chuckling softly at the antics of the other girls with me, especially Usagi and Minako. The two blondes keep finding items of clothing that they would hold up against Rei and Makoto and try to convince them to try on. At seeing some of the selections the two would pick, my mind would occasionally wander; especially when Usagi pulled out an extremely revealing red number and insisted that Rei try it on.
 
Perhaps, I reflect, it was a good thing that Haruka wasn't here after all.
 
After selecting an item to try on, I move to the changing rooms. While I was completed dedicated to Haruka; and she to me; I would be blind not to notice how beautiful the other Senshi were. Rei with her long legs, Minako with her tight butt, Setsuna with her captivating eyes, Usagi with her sensual lips, Makoto with her voluptuous body, and Ami...well, to be completely honest, if it weren't for Haruka I would probably go after the blue haired girl.
 
'Of course, unlike Haruka, I'm not tempted to sneak a peak at them while they're changing.' I think, watching as Usagi practically shoved Rei into one of the stalls with that red number. 'Well...at least I wouldn't be tempted to act on that impulse.'
 
Entering one of the stalls, I remove my sundress and lacy underwear and begin to carefully slip on my selection. It was a foam green corset that laced up in the front with matching crotchless panties. Looking at myself in the mirror, I run my hands along my sides and decide that I would buy it if I could find a matching set of stockings and garter belt to go along with it. I knew I already had a pair of high heels I had packed that would complement the outfit perfectly. I frown suddenly and tap my chin in thought...something was missing. Glancing at my hand, I grin when I realize that what was needed to make this outfit complete would be a pair of elbow length gloves; something I remember seeing by the front counter.
 
'Poor, poor Haruka.' I think with a savage grin. 'She won't know what hit her.'
 
I change back into my sundress and, with a playful smile, tuck my underwear and bra into my purse. Folding up the corset, I'm about to leave the stall when I hear a familiar voice mutter something from the stall next to me.
 
"...I wonder what Ami would think..."
 
'I guess we were right about Makoto.' I think curiously, remembering the conversation Minako, Haruka and I had several weeks ago.
 
I'm about to leave and ignore what I heard when a sudden noise startles me.
 
"ACK! Mina-chan! What are you doing?!" Makoto exclaims; the sound of her scrambling for something to cover herself could be heard.
 
"Oh, I thought I heard something about Ami-chan." The blonde said, her voice sounding odd until I realized she must be in the stall on the other side of the brunette and leaning over the wall.
 
"Mina-chan!" Makoto protested.
 
"Wow, Mako-chan! You look really hot! But you really should shave down there if you're going to wear that. So, what was that about Ami-chan?" the blonde asked, ignoring Makoto's discomfort.
 
Makoto shuffles around for a moment before she sighs in resignation. "I...I was wondering what Ami would think..." she whispers softly.
 
It was quiet for a few moments before I heard Minako say sadly, "Mako-chan, I...I'm sorry, but Ami-chan is interested in someone else."
 
An awkward silence followed before the taller girl said dejectedly, "Are...are you sure?"
 
"Yea..." Minako answered quietly, then she brightly said "But if you buy that, you're sure to get any other guy or girl of your choice!"
 
"Yea...sure..." Makoto replied mournfully.
 
I remained where I was until I hear Makoto change and exit her stall. I can't help but feel sorry for the brunette, knowing full well what it was like to be interested in someone who didn't return those feelings. I realize that since this trip started, Minako had been with the taller girl constantly; apparently, the blonde had been trying to find a way to break the news to her friend gently.
 
'I'll talk to Haruka to see what we can do to help cheer Mako-chan up.' I think as I leave my stall in search of the accessories I need to make my outfit complete; only to stop when something caught my eye that Haruka would look great in.
 
'But I wonder...who's the lucky person that Ami-chan likes?'
 
***********
 
"Hrumph." Haruka snorts before taking another drink of her coffee.
 
I ignore the blonde as she continues to sulk. I've never understood Harukas' attitude about dressing ladylike. I know for a fact that she had a fine collection of feminine clothing. Very feminine clothing. In fact, there were several designs that I've done that would be perfect for someone with her build; it's just a shame that the few times I've been able to get her to model for me were the result of blackmail on the part of Michiru.
 
"Hey, everyone! They're over there!" Usagis' voice cuts through the quiet din of the open-air café. "Hi Setsuna-san, Haruka-san!"
 
"Hello, Haruka." Michiru greeted her lover as she approached the table.
 
"...um, Hi, Michi..." the blonde mutters uncomfortably.
 
"Don't worry, Ruka. I forgive you." the aquamarine haired woman told her lover as she took a seat next to her. She then bent forward to put her bags down; giving Haruka; and me incidentally, a view down her cleavage and showing that, in the time since we last saw her, her bra seemed to have disappeared.
 
"So, did you buy anything...interesting?" Haruka asked with a lecherous smile.
 
Usagi plopped down in an empty chair at our table with a grin. "Oh yea! I bought something special to wear for my Mamo-chan. But, it's nowhere near as daring as what Rei bought! It looked great! But Rei was being a stick in the mud and wouldn't model it for me." she finished with a pout.
 
"Usagi!" Rei yelled; her face crimson.
 
"Oh really? Maybe she wants to give you a 'private viewing?" Haruka asked, her voice dripping with innuendo.
 
"Really, Rei? Is that what you were planing?" Usagi turned to look at the raven-haired girl with wide-eyed innocence.
 
Reis' face turned purple from embarrassment and she sputtered several times. "It...it's not like that!"
 
"Like what, Rei?" the ponytailed girl asked, genuinely perplexed.
 
"Well Koneko-chan, you see..." Haruka started only to be interrupted by an elbow to the ribs from Michiru.
 
"Never mind! Forget it!" Rei exclaimed, turning around in a huff.
 
"So where's everyone else?" Minako asked, coming up to the table with a gloomy looking Makoto.
 
"Ami-san is in the bookstore over there." I say, motioning to the nearby store.
 
I'm surprised when Makoto looks towards the bookstore with a longing sigh. I notice that Haruka casts a questioning glance at Michiru, which is returned with a placating gesture. It also seemed that neither Rei nor Usagi had recognized the tall brunettes' apparent dark mood, which was remarkable; what with both of them being good at reading other peoples emotions. Minako, however, noticed and frowned.
 
"Well, that's not surprising. Ami-chan could find a book in the middle of a desert." the blonde girl said flippantly. "So where did Hotaru-chan and Chibi-usa-chan get off to?"
 
"Hum? Oh, they're in the arcade over that way." Haruka replied.
 
"Really? There's an arcade here? Cool! Come on, Mako-chan!" Minako said excitedly, pulling the taller girl along with her.
 
I watched as the brunette gave one last look of longing before allowing herself to be dragged away by Minako. 'Interesting.' I think, taking a sip of my latte 'I wonder what's bothering Makoto? She's normally full of zeal.'
 
"Hey! Hold on! Wait for us!" Usagi exclaimed as she followed; pulling a still red faced Rei along with her.
 
After the younger girls had left, Haruka turned to Michiru. "Ok, so what's got Mako-chan all depressed?"
 
Michiru sighs softly. "It seems that Mina-chan and I were right. About Makoto-chans' feelings about Ami-chan and vice-versa, that is."
 
"Oh?" the blonde asked with interest, while I pretended to not pay attention.
 
"Yes." Michiru sighed again. "I overheard Mina-chan and Mako-chan talking in the changing room. I think that Mako-chan was going to try to make her move on Ami-chan this week, but Mina-chan told her that she wasn't interested in her like that."
 
I'm torn about how I feel about hearing what happened. Part of me wishes that the blonde girl had kept her big mouth shut and let Makoto do her thing and sweep Ami off her feet; so I wouldn't have to worry about Ami getting too close to me emotionally. But another part of me; that inner voice that seems to be betraying me of late; is cheering, saying that I still had a chance...not that I wanted one.
 
"Darn! That's too bad. I still think that they would make a cute couple." Haruka stated.
 
'Of course,' that betraying voice says to me, 'you know exactly what would happen is she did make her move, don't you?'
 
---Silver Millennium---
 
Do to an invitation by the Queen, I've returned to the Lunar Palace a day earlier than I had planned. Unfortunately for me, it was for an official summons; a Royal Ball no less. While this function was important, what with an important Terran delegation present, I truly loathed having to attend these functions. So, I searched out young Pai so I could at least spend the next few hours in enjoyable conversation with her. However, I've been looking for her for the last few minutes without any sign of her.
 
"Where are they, you lazy bum?!" I hear an annoyingly familiar voice say.
 
"How am I supposed to know, Luna? Why don't you calm down? It's not like it's the end of the universe." A somewhat familiar voice responds.
 
"Calm down? Calm Down!? How do you expect me to calm down when the Princess and her Senshi have disappeared?"
 
"Sigh It's not like they would go far, you know."
 
"It's all your fault, Artemis!" I hear the Mau adviser shrilly accuse the other cat; and I can't help raise an eyebrow at hearing that.
 
"And how do you figure that, Luna?" Artemis asks calmly.
 
"It's because of your reprehensible behavior and your influences over Lady Shuura that the princess has been acting like she has these past few years!"
 
"I have as much influence over Shuura as you do with the Queen." Artemis patiently replied. "Seriously though, Luna. When was the last time you had some time off? You know; a vacation?"
 
With neither noticing my presence, I quietly leave the two Mau. I've never liked the self-important attitude that the black cat possessed and the only reason she never knew my opinions were because of how close she was to my friend. But from what I've heard from young Pai, Artemis was a good influence on her. Apparently, the general consensus around the Palace was that Luna would either learn to mellow out or she would end up killing the white Mau and being sent to a mental institution.
 
With the sounds of a full-blown argument brewing behind me, I began walking through the halls of the Palace in search of young Pai; somewhat curious as to where she was. At the age of 20, young Pai was as studious and attentive as ever, so I was slightly concerned that she wasn't already preparing for the Ball. It wasn't like her to be 'missing'. In fact, even the Princess and her ever-present companion, Myung, had begun to act more responsible of late. Of course, that did leave Shuura who, at fifteen, would often act half her age.
 
Eventually I ended up in the Imperial Gardens, where I saw something that left me speechless.
 
Pai...
 
Rion...
 
Kissing...
 
Startled, I quietly slip into the shadows. Watching the two of them, I was completely stunned. My Pai had never indicated to me that she was interested in the Senshi of Jupiter as anything more than an as a friend. In fact, thinking about it, she had never even hinted to me that she was romantically inclined towards anyone at all; the subject just never came up. Coupling that to the fact that I still blamed Rion for my Pais' injuries all those years ago; I didn't know how I felt.
 
As I watch, I notice that my Pai is trying to push the taller girl away. 'That...that bitch! How DARE she try to force herself on my Pai!' I think, my thoughts going red as the Time Key Staff appeared in my hands.
 
Pai finally pushed away from the brunette and I'm about to launch myself at her when her soft, calm voice broke through my rage. "Rion...please, don't."
 
"But, Pai..." Rion pleaded, "I...I love you. I've been in love with you for so long now..."
 
I see young Pai smile sadly before speaking in a melancholy voice. "I love you too, Rion." Seeing the taller girl perk up, she raised a hand to quiet her. "But...but I'm not 'in' love with you. I'm sorry..."
 
Rion stood there, her hurt evident. "But...but why?"
 
Young Pai turned her face towards the ground and I had to strain to hear her reply. "There...there's someone who I..."
 
"I see." Rion said, angrily interrupting her, before seeming to collapse in on herself.
 
The taller girl stood there for a moment before she turned dejectedly and began to walk away. "Rion...?" young Pai started to say.
 
"Not now, Pai. Just...not now." the brunette said, not turning around. "Give...give me some time, alright?" she finished before walking away despondently.
 
I silently watched over young Pai as she stood there; obviously hurt from the pain she caused her friend with her rejection. After a while, young Pai walked off in the opposite direction as Rion. Once she was gone, I was about to step out of the shadows I'm hiding in when a sharp retort sounds throughout the Garden.
 
To my amazement, I see three figures tumble out of a nearby tree in a tangle of blonde and black hair. "Get off of me!" I hear Myung yell from beneath the pile of bodies.
 
"Ouches..." the princess said as she got up in an undignified manner.
 
Shuura leapt to her feet and grinned at the two older women with satisfaction. "See? See? I told you! But you didn't believe me!" the fifteen year old girl said excitedly.
 
"Poor Rion." the princess said sadly.
 
"She'll be ok." Myung assured the princess, laying a comforting arm on her shoulder. "Rion is strong. She'll bounce back in no time."
 
"Myung? Shouldn't we do something to help her?" the princess asked.
 
Grinning wildly Shuura said, "Well, me and Myung could offer to be her sex-slaves. I'm sure that that would cheer her up!"
 
"What?!?" the eighteen year old Senshi of Mars exclaimed, stepping closer to the princess reflexively.
 
Seeing this, I would have been worried if young Pai hadn't told me that while the two young women were still very close; their relationship seemed to have cooled off.
 
"Well, that would take her mind off of Pai. Right?" Shuura grinned wickedly, causing the princess to giggle.
 
Snorting in anger, Myung fixed the blonde with a hard gaze. "Alright Miss 'Goddess of Love', you were right; I'll give you that. So tell us, who's this 'secret love' that Pai's interested in?"
 
The young Senshi of Venus puffed her chest up with confidence and raised a finger as if to make an important point. "That's a secret!" she announced; nearly causing the raven-haired woman to fall over, "Now come on, we gotta get changed for the Ball! I really want to get a good look at Prince Eatumup!"
 
"That's Prince Endymion, not 'Eatumup'." Myung corrected irritably.
 
"Then you obviously haven't seen any vids of him." Shuura admonished before grinning; "I definitely want to eat-um-up!"
 
I wait until the three girls leave the Garden before I abandon my hiding place. Slowly, I make my way to my quarters in silence. There were some things I needed to think about.
 
---Present Time---
 
"So, what else happened?" I hear Haruka ask, shaking me from my reflections.
 
"Well not much." Michiru replied, "As you saw, Mako-chan has been in a funk ever since. But Mina-chan did say that Ami-chan was interested in someone else though."
 
"Oh really? Did she say who?" the blonde asked curiously.
 
"No she didn't." Michiru answered.
 
"Excuse me." I say, getting out of my chair and nodding to the two lovers.
 
I make my way to the restroom, doing my best to school my features. Once there, I quickly look around to see if anyone else is present. Seeing no one, I enter one of the stalls and lock it. Leaning against the door heavily, I release a shuddering breath.
 
"...no...please no...please Kami, please let it not be me..." I plead softly.
 
 
------
To Be Continued...
 
Author's Notes...
In several e-mails I've been asked 'Why not Rei and Usagi'?
Well to be honest, while I think that the two of them do
make a good couple, I wanted to make a fic in which Tux-Boy
(er...I mean Mamoru) was portrayed as a good guy instead of
an evil prick. And I've yet to have read a good fic in which
Rei and Usagi were matched together that didn't have an evil
SOB Mamoru (unless it had a threesome between them). So, I
decided to not have them get together in this fic. If you don't
like that, then oh well...
 
As Always any C&C would be appreciated at whiteb100@hotmail.com
 
06/03/05