Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Meeting of Minds ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Meeting of Minds
Chapter 12
 
a Sailor Moon Fanfic
by SoftRogue
whiteb100@hotmail.com
 
Disclaimer:
If you are what you eat...
I could be you by morning.
 
---Present Time---
 
Taking a deep breath, I stretch my arms and lean up on an elbow. Enjoying the feel of the sun on my skin, I look around. Nearby, the ocean gently rolls on to the soft sand of the shore. Above, the sun beats down from a crystal clear blue sky. A warm breeze gentle blows off the water in a last hooray before fall settles in as a few seagulls float lazily in the air. I've always enjoyed going to the beach; the surf, the sand, the sun, the girls in bathing suits...
 
Oh, the girls in bathing suits...
 
"Haruka dear, you're drooling."
 
"Hum? Did you say something, Michi?" I look up at my love as she finishes setting up the area that we claimed for our use.
 
"You could help you know." Michiru said with a small sigh as she removed her sun hat and looked down at me with exasperation.
 
"I did. I carried the cooler, remember?"
 
"Oh, Ruka. When will you grow up?" she scolds me before sitting carefully on a towel to my right.
 
"You don't think I'm grown up enough for you?" I ask suggestively, leaning close to her.
 
Giving me a playful swat, Michiru hands me a bottle of suntan lotion. "Would you?"
 
I accept the bottle and smile as she lays face down on her towel. I squirt some of the lotion in my hands and shift closer to Michiru. I take a loving look at her before I begin applying the lotion to her soft skin. Wearing a light turquoise one-piece bathing suit that was stylish cut; I feel a slight twinge of disappointment that she wasn't wearing something more revealing. But Michiru is a swimmer at heart; and to her swimwear only has one purpose, and that is to swim in. Although she has impeccable taste in clothing, all of her swimsuits are of a practical; if fashionable, design.
 
But she is still beautiful no matter what she's wearing. And she's mine.
 
I move closer to her and gently cradle one of her legs. "Oh...cold." Michiru mutters as I begin applying the lotion.
 
"Don't worry, love. It'll get warm real soon..." I say softly as I begin to massage her lower leg.
 
A shadow descended over me suddenly and I look up perplexed to see Setsuna standing above the two of us. My eyes slowly wandered up her long, tanned legs; up her taut stomach; and fix on her firm breasts as I absently notice the dark ruby bikini she's wearing. She clears her throat and my eyes snap up to meet her gaze; which, normally inscrutable, is even harder to read from behind her mirrored sunglasses.
 
I return her look without shame and she shakes her head slightly before settling down on the other side of Michiru and laying out her towel. Seeing the emerald haired woman pull a bottle of lotion from her bag; I turn my attention back to the matter at hand...or should I say the matter in my hands?
 
"Setsuna-san? Where are the others?" Michiru mumbles into her arm as I slowly work my way up her leg.
 
"They'll be here shortly." The older woman replies as she rubs the lotion onto her arms.
 
All too quickly for me, I finish lotioning up Michiru as the others arrive; heralded by a bubbly blonde.
 
"Alright!" Usagi cheered as she raced by, wearing a pink and white two-piece that was rather childlike in design.
 
I couldn't help but chuckle at our future Queens' adolescent antics. "If she starts to drown, do we really have to save her?" I hear Rei say from behind me.
 
I look back at Rei and I eye her appreciatively. Wearing a red string-bikini, she runs a hand through her long raven colored hair and puts a hand on her hip.
 
"Now Rei-chan, that's not a very nice thing to say." Ami, wearing a modest power blue one-piece, admonished the priestess as she spread out her towel next to Setsuna.
 
With a snort, Rei dropped her towel on my left. "Sometimes I wish she would just act like a normal girl instead of like a little kid." she muttered under her breath.
 
"Haruka-papa?" I hear my daughter ask.
 
"Yes, my little princess?" I ask, turning to look at my daughter, who arrived hand-in-hand with Chibi-usa.
 
Hotaru, standing there wearing the cutest purple one-piece swimsuit I've ever seen, was looking rather hopeful as she stood next to Chibi-usa, who was wearing an extremely pink bikini. "I was wondering, if you wouldn't mind that is if...if Chibi-usa-chan and I could go looking around for a bit..."
 
"Sure, Hotaru-chan. Just don't wander too far, ok?" I reply with a smile.
 
"Thank you, Haruka-papa!" she exclaimed happily.
 
Before the two young girls could take off, Michiru spoke up. "Now Hotaru-chan...don't tire yourself out; I don't want you getting heat stroke. And remember, use your sun-lotion often; you know how easily you burn. And if you start to feel tired and want to head back to your room, just let us know before you go, alright?"
 
"Yes, Michiru-mama." Hotaru replied, rolling her eyes.
 
"Don't worry, Michiru-san. I'll take very good care of Hotaru-chan! I'll even make sure that she uses plenty of lotion; even if I have to put it on her myself!" Chibi-usa said enthusiastically.
 
Hotaru blushed brightly in embarrassment while Michiru smiled. "Thank you Chibi-chan, you're such a good friend to Hotaru-chan."
 
"No problem! Come on, Hotaru-chan!" the pink-haired girl grabbed Hotaru's hand and pulled her away.
 
"So, where did Minako and Makoto wander off too?" I ask casually, reaching over to the cooler and pulling out a soda.
 
"Hey everyone! Look what I found!" I heard Minako call out.
 
"Speak of the devil..." Rei muttered as we all turned to the sound of the blondes' voice.
 
I raised my eyebrows at the sight the pony-tailed girl presented me. Her chosen swimwear could hardly be called that, consisting of what amounted to three small triangles of orange cloth and several pieces of string. The only thing that distracted me from my view was the two men she had by the arms that she was dragging towards us. Behind them trailed Makoto, who was clad in a rather sporty lime green two-piece that had an overlarge zipper between her breasts.
 
"Look at what I found! Aren't they yummy?" the blonde asked, coming to a stop in front of us.
 
"Mina-chan? Who are they?" Ami asked slowly, confusion evident in her voice.
 
I looked at the two men, obviously foreigners, as I took a drink of my soda. They were both blonde, well muscled and fairly attractive; if you were interested in such things. However, one thing I did notice about them was the look of panic in their eyes.
 
"What do you think you're doing, Mina-chan?" Rei asked with a mix of curiosity and anger.
 
"Well, I met these two cute guys, but they don't speak Japanese so I brought them here so see if anyone knows what they're saying!"
 
I take another sip of my soda and nearly choke in surprise as one of them began to speak. During my time on the racing circuit, I picked up several different languages. Not a lot, mind you, but just enough to make myself sound like a total idiot while trying to find out where the bathroom was or if some girl was available. I recognized what he was saying as German; and while I didn't understand what he said, I did manage to pick out three words.
 
They were 'Help', 'Girl', and 'Crazy'.
 
To my surprise, Ami replied to him in what sounded like fluent German. Both of the men were obviously relieved that someone understood them and rapidly talked to the blue haired girl.
 
"You know what they're saying, Ami-chan?" the blonde girl asked with exuberance, never letting go of their arms.
 
"Yes, Mina-chan." Ami said with a small smile.
 
"Oh! Can you introduce me to them and see if they want to see the boardwalk with me?"
 
"Alright, Mina-chan..." Ami sighed before speaking to the two men.
 
The three talked for a few moments before Ami suddenly turned bright red and said something in an extremely embarrassed tone.
 
"Well? Well? What did they say?" Mina asked.
 
"Um...well...you see..." Ami stammered. "They're both already seeing someone."
 
"Oh, pooh!" Mina pouted, releasing their arms.
 
They both backed away from Mina slowly, as if she were a dangerous animal. Once they were at what they apparently felt was a safe distance away from the blonde, they bid fair well to Ami and walked away. Hand in hand.
 
"Darn it!" Mina exclaimed angrily after seeing the two men holding hands. "Why is it that every time I meet a cute guy he's either evil, attached, or gay?!" With a sigh, she perked up. "Oh well, at least I still have you, Mako-chan! Let's go and have some fun!"
 
I felt a sharp jab in my ribs and I didn't need to look to see my loves' face telling me not to say a word.
 
"Oh, all right." The tall brunette replied morosely, obviously making a point not to look in Ami's direction.
 
"Alright! You want to come too, Rei-chan?"
 
"No, I'd better say here and make sure Odango Atama doesn't do anything stupid, like drown." Rei said, as she was watching Usagi playing in the waves.
 
"Oh well, your loss. Come on Mako-chan!"
 
As the two girls left, I turned to Ami and commented, "I didn't know you spoke German."
 
"Well...I was planning on going there to study medicine..." Ami answered with a strange mix of pride and embarrassment.
 
I nodded and gave her a smile. Now that I thought about it, it didn't surprise me that she would go out of her way to learn another language to the point she was fluent in it considering how she throws herself into studying.
 
"Um...Setsuna-san?" Ami turned to the older woman shyly with a slight blush on her face and downcast eyes. "I...I was wondering...if you wouldn't mind..." she stammered as she slowly held out a bottle of lotion.
 
I blinked as I saw my housemate stiffen slightly as she turned to regard the blue haired girl from behind her mirrored sunglasses. "No, of course not Ami-san." She said evenly.
 
'What was that about?' I think to myself, before I push the thought out of my mind and decide to just enjoy the view.
 
***********
 
I sigh in contentment as I stand under the showerhead and let the warm water wash over my body. After spending a wonderful day at the beach, I felt both relaxed and alive at the same time. Not even the face that my daughter had tired herself out and had to be helped back to her room by Chibi-usa could effect the mood I was in; I still tingled after spending time in the ocean.
 
Deciding that I had better finish getting ready for our plans for tonight, I reluctantly turn off the water and reach for a towel. Drying off, I step out of the shower and quickly dress as I easily imagine Haruka on the other side of the door pacing as she wondering why I was taking so long in the shower. I know she's told me repeatedly that she understands how being around water and, more specifically, the ocean makes me feel; but she truly doesn't understand. Whenever I'm around the ocean, it's as if I'm...more alive, more real. Sometimes it feels like there is a physical need for me to be near water of one kind or another. Even now, here in the hotel, I could 'hear' the ocean calling me, beckoning me to become one with it.
 
Of course, there are other ways that being so close to the ocean affects me. For one, it affects my moods, making me more relaxed and calm. Then there is the added bonus, at least for Haruka, of me being more...'playful' when I'm around the ocean. Whenever the ocean is calm and serene like it is today I feel more sensual than I normally do. Of course, when the ocean is restless...I smile as I recall the last time Haruka and I were this close to the ocean during a Tsunami...and how she had problems walking the next day.
 
Turning on the blow dryer, I become painfully aware of the only downside of my love of water. As I run my brush through my long, aquamarine hair, I feel a stab of envy towards my lovers' hairstyle. All she has to do is run a hand through her short-cropped hair and she's ready to go. Not that I would ever even think of cutting my long locks that short or even go without spending time in the water.
 
A loud knocking on the bathroom door breaks my train of thought as I hear my love call out, "Aren't you done yet, Michi? It's time to go."
 
"Just a minute!" I call back.
 
Finishing with my hair, I exit the bathroom with a smile as I look at my love. I wasn't surprised to see her dressed in men's clothing and wearing a rakish grin. The shorthaired blonde sauntered close to me and put an arm around my shoulders.
 
"You look beautiful, Michi." she whispered huskily into my ear.
 
Pushing her away gently, I give her a playful smile. "Not now, dear. Aren't you the one who said we had to go?"
 
Looking at her pout at me, I turn and hide a smile as I decided that tonight I would surprise Haruka with the outfit I'd bought yesterday. After all, she deserves a reward for her efforts. She had been such a good girl at the beach today, limiting her goggling to our friends; Ruka definitely warranted a special 'treat'.
 
Taking a moment to sooth out my dress, I school my features and, turning back to Haruka, I take her by the arm. "Now love, there's no reason to sulk. Come on, let's get the others."
 
Exiting our room, Haruka starts to gather the others by the simple but effective process of repeatedly banging on their doors and yelling for them to hurry up. As the others begin to join us in the hall, I notice that Makoto seems to be slowly pulling out of the funk she's been in since the incident at the lingerie shop as she follows the bubbly blonde Minako out of their room. Rei, meanwhile, was pulling Usagi out of the room that the two shared while admonishing her for taking too long in the shower. Ami and Setsuna, meanwhile, joined the rest of us in the hall quietly. As the two waited off to one side; I couldn't shake the feeling that something was...off at how the older woman stood near the younger blue haired girl; a feeling I've had since that day a week ago when Setsuna borrowed Haruka's car.
 
"Alright! Let's go karaoke!" Minako cheered, Usagi joining her in her excitement.
 
"As soon as Hotaru and Chibi-usa join us." I say, looking at the closed door that led to the room my daughter was staying in, wondering what was taking them so long.
 
"Come on, Hotaru-chan! It's time to go! We're going to be late!" Haruka called as she knocked on their door again.
 
"I hope she's feeling ok." Usagi said with sudden concern, although I couldn't be sure if she was talking about my daughter or her own.
 
Ignoring the others, I watched curiously as Haruka dug around in her back pocket and pulled out a keycard; which she put into the lock. "Dear? How did you get a key to Hotaru's room?" I ask curiously.
 
"She's my daughter;" my love said distractedly as she opened the door. "Of course I'd have a key to her room. What if something happened to her?" she asked as the two of us entered the room to be followed by the others.
 
"I'm sure that she and Chibi-chan just fell a...sleep?" I start to say before I see the scene in the room.
 
On one of the beds...
 
Hotaru,...
 
...my daughter,...
 
...and Chibi-usa...
 
...were in bed...
 
...together and...
 
...they were...
 
...they were...
 
...Oh my...
 
It was then that the three blondes in our group finally broke the stunned silence.
 
Thud!
 
Thud!
 
"Ha! I knew it! Am I good or what?!"
 
------
To Be Continued...
 
Author's Notes...
I just love cliffhangers...he, he, he.
 
So far, this fic is progressing smoothly and I
hope to get the next chapter out sooner than
later.
 
As Always any C&C would be appreciated at whiteb100@hotmail.com
 
06/03/05