Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Smile for Michiru ❯ I Want to be Yours ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title : A Smile For Michiru - part 2 - I Want to be Yours
Author : sKiTzO sHy VioLeT
Rating : R
Summary : Haruka and Michiru come to terms with their love for each other and struggle for acceptance..... And liberation. Alternate Reality.
IMPORTANT NOTE : This is an alternate reality so don't flame me and say "That's not how it happened!"...
Note #2 : Someone asked me why it takes place in America rather than Japan if Japan has a less homophobic society. Well, that's cause part of the story's theme *is* homophobia, so it makes more sense to place it in the society that's more homophobic, eh? ;)

~*~

Sometimes she wished he would just die....

It had been two months since she'd met Haruka and in those two months Earl had gotten worse. He stepped up his advances on her and she often feared he might do more than lift her skirt.

Through it all, however, Haruka had been a great friend. Wonderful, charming, and funny she was all Michiru needed. Which was why the green haired girl couldn't bring herself to tell her. Part of her thought that if she told Haruka then the taller girl would hate her. Ridiculous, perhaps, but fear can make a person think the craziest things.

Haruka's first encounter with Earl was an accident. Michiru hadn't wanted her to meet him, but that didn't matter when it came down to it.

She didn't know why she didn't notice it, but she'd left a book in Haruka's car. About a minute later the blonde realized it and flipped a U. She'd seen Michiru enter her house many times, but never went inside herself.

~*~

"Michiru left this in my car and I wanted to give it to her." Haruka smiled at the woman that answered the door, but her heart ached as she said the words. From the looks of the woman and the house Michiru's home life wasn't too great.

"I'll give it-"

"With all due respect, ma'am," Haruka cut the older woman off. She had to see her angel. "I'd like to give it to her. I really must ask her something."

Amanda nodded and stepped inside. "She should be in the kitchen."

Avoiding the many piles of clothing (not all of them were clean from the looks of it) Haruka made her way to the small room that could barely be called a closet, let alone a kitchen. The house was a two story, but it was still pretty cramped.

"Haruka!" Michiru's beautiful eyes went wide at the sight of her. "What are you doing here?"

"I just..." She couldn't help her eyes sweeping the kitchen, but stopped when she realized it embarrassed Michiru. "Ummm.... Came over to return your book. You forgot it in the car."

"GODDAMNIT AMANDA!" The angry voice of Michiru's stepfather came from up the stairs. "WHO THE HELL'S CAR IS THAT?!" As he continued to talk his voice got louder until he was finally in the kitchen. He stopped dead when he saw Haruka and his eyes narrowed.

"Well who the hell is this?" He grunted. "I suspect that that's *your* car in front of my house ain't it?" He moved closer to the two girls, his eyes angrily trained on the taller of the two.

"Yes, it is." Haruka showed no fear as she addressed him, even though Michiru cringed. "I was returning Michiru's book for her. I found it in my car."

"Eh?" In his drunken state it took awhile for things to register. "Well, how the hell'd it get there."

"She left it." Haruka bit back the overwhelming urge to roll her eyes. She couldn't believe the man.

"And what the hell was she doing in your car?"

Haruka figured "hell" was his favorite word. "I gave her a ride home." She still showed no fear. The man was an idiot. "I always give her a ride home. I can't believe you never noticed before."

"Eh?" He appeared to want to spit, but didn't. "Well I didn't. What the hell is she doing driving around with some rich kid?"

"Stop it, Earl!" Michiru finally spoke up. Her face was crimson red, half from embarrassment, half from anger. Although she loved Haruka she didn't want her to see this. She didn't want to lose her.

"You're cute when you're angry." Earl made a move to lift her skirt again, but she moved away.

Haruka's eyes went wide and she moved in front of Michiru. Her eyes flashed with hatred and anger, and she resisted the urge to smack the pig that stood before her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Acid dripped from Haruka's words. She couldn't remember being more angry in her life.

"What?" Earl looked back at her with anger in his eyes, but nothing near the intensity in the blonde's. He laughed cruelly and shook his head. "Do you think you own what's under there?"

"You sure as hell don't." She couldn't believe him. How dare he!

"Listen, rich boy-"

"I am a woman!" Over the years Haruka had gotten used to mistaking her for a male, but that didn't mean it didn't annoy her. And calling her a boy when she was angry..... Not to mention *that* angry....

The evil smile returned to his face as he heard those words. "I see..." He chuckled with malevolence. "You must be her little lesbian friend."

Michiru's face paled. She couldn't believe the words she was hearing. Earl was going to ruin everything, she was sure of it. No, don't, she mouthed, not able to find the words.

"Oh yeah," her stepfather continued, disregarding Michiru's horrified expression. "I've noticed the way she's been acting. I've noticed she calls someone all the time. The *same* someone every time. If she wasn't a goddamn dyke I'd think she had a boyfriend. The little bitch-"

Haruka lost it as soon as that word left his mouth. Before anyone knew what was happening her fist connected with Earl's face. Amanda gasped from the doorway and Michiru's eyes widened as blood came trickling out of her stepfather's nose.

"Jesus Christ!" The overweight man exclaimed. "What the hell was that for?!"

It didn't seem possible, but Haruka's eyes burned even more. Animosity pulsed through her entire being, running through her veins just as easily and plentiful as her blood. Now she *truly* hadn't been angrier in her entire life.

"You," Her body was practically quivering. "Are and asshole, and unfit to be called a human being. You're a... a... A PIG! And I *refuse* to allow Michiru to stay in this house a moment longer!"

~*~

Haruka took Michiru away, but it only lasted two days. Legal issues got in the way, of course, but every moment Haruka spent with her angel she did everything she could to make her happy.

Lying asleep in her bed one night her mind fluttered to the night she met Earl and some of the things he'd said.

"If she wasn't a goddamn dyke...."

Is Michiru gay too? Would she... Would she love me?

~*~

Michiru wanted nothing more than to live with Haruka again. Those two days were the greatest two days of her life. Although she had been offered the guest room she never slept there and spent her nights in Haruka's room. The taller girl had insisted, claiming she didn't want Michiru to leave her side for even a moment.

She heard the sound of the door knob turning and shuddered. She knew it was Earl, and she knew what he wanted....

Her biggest fear was coming true.

~*~


"Beautiful night." The voice of her mother broke through Haruka's thoughts as she stared at the rain pouring down outside. The drops slid down the window and Haruka remembered when she was a kid and would choose two of those drops (and sometimes more) and watch them race.

Now childhood seemed so far away. The girl she loved was living with a sex crazed slob. She just prayed he would never do more than lift her skirt.....

A rapid knock on the door made Haruka look at her mother with a very confused expression. It was eleven o'clock at night. The only reason the two were up was because it was a Saturday night and they had a long running tradition of staying up late and watching movies together.

Lily walked to the front door and opened it revealing a rain soaked green haired girl...

"Michiru!" Haruka gasped from behind her mother. "What happened?!"

The shorter girl had obviously been crying and started up again. "Earl..." She tried to talk but that was all she got out.

"Oh my God.. Come in!" Haruka shut the door once she was inside and wrapped her arms around Michiru. She didn't care that her angel was soaking wet. All she cared was that it was her angel.

Lily brought a blanket in the room and the two teens realized they hadn't even noticed she left.

"You need to take a hot bath." Once her mother was out of the room Haruka murmured the advice into Michiru's hair. "You're going to get a cold. Come on, you can take a bath while I find you some extra clothes."

"I'd like that..."

~*~

Michiru looked at herself sheepishly in the mirror. She was wearing one of Haruka's white T-shirts (which was too big on her) and a pair of her sweats as well. Needless to say they were quite baggy. Underneath it she saw herself, whom she wasn't very fond of at the moment.

It's not like it was your fault he did that. She scolded herself, but it was no use. She still hated herself.

Haruka walked in the room then. She was dressed in her pajamas and ready to go to sleep. Michiru admitted she looked sleepy, but she also looked like she wanted to talk.

Which was something Michiru did *not* want to do.

"What hap-"

"Nothing."

"Michi-"

"Nothing."

Th ey sat in silence for a moment. Haruka on her bed, Michiru on the floor. The two nights she'd "lived" there she'd slept in Haruka's bed, but tonight she didn't want to be in any bed.

"Please speak to me, Michiru." She saw the pained look in the blonde's eyes, but didn't say anything. "Did he-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay," Haruka finally gave in and nodded. "We don't have to. We'll wait until you want to. In the meantime let's go to sleep. Come get into bed."

"I don't want to." She sat firmly on the ground and refused to move.

"Aren't you tired?"

"Of course."

"Then why don't you want to sleep?"

Michiru sighed and looked away. "It's not that I don't want to sleep. I just...." She wavered for a moment, but continued. "I don't want to get in bed, that's all."

"Oh Michiru..." Haruka's eyes filled with tears as she looked at her angel. She couldn't bear this. "I won't hurt you. I promise. I just want to comfort you. Hold you."

Michiru looked at her. She did want to be held by the other girl, and she knew Haruka wouldn't hurt her. The tall girl was her guardian, her protector. She'd stood up to Earl for her and for that Michiru was eternally grateful.

Still...

Slowly she got up and made her way across the room. Getting under the covers and into Haruka's strong arms felt better than anything she'd ever experienced. Tears flowed freely down her cheeks and she sobbed loudly into her guardian's chest.

After a while her cries subsided and she turned her face up to look into Haruka's eyes. She saw so much love and sympathy there. Yet it wasn't the bad sympathy that left a person feeling bitter. No, it wasn't pity. It was a look that told her if her protector could she would take all Michiru's pain and feel it herself. That she'd do anything to keep Michiru happy.

"See," Haruka smiled at her. "Isn't it nice to be held."

Michiru nodded and got closer to her. "There's just one problem."

"Hmm?"

"You're holding me as a friend." Michiru made sure she kept Haruka's gaze. She had to see her eyes as she spoke the words. "I don't want to be held as a friend. I don't want to be Earl's. I want to be yours."


~*~

To be continued....