Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Smile for Michiru ❯ Dear Diary ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title : A Smile for Michiru
Author : sKiTzO sHy VioLeT
Rating : R
Summary : Michiru is being abused. Written as Michiru writing in her journal

~*~

Dear Diary,

I went out to get the paper this morning and found Earl's face on the front page. Apparently the bastard finally got what he deserved. After I was done reading the article Haruka took it from me. I suspect she wants to frame it.

It's been five years since Haruka took me away from that house for good, but the memory of life in it continued haunted me until I saw that picture. The nightmare is truly over now. Now that he can't hurt anyone.

I didn't ever tell you about Earl, did I journal? Flipping through your pages I see that I haven't. Well, let me tell you about him.

Earl was a horribly disgusting slob that married my mother after my father died. The years he spent with us were the worst of my life. He was always lifting up my skirt and then one night he..... I hesitate to write this because it still hurts... One night he raped me. That was when I left and ran to Haruka's house.

That was the first night we made love.

We fought to put Earl behind bars, but he had political connections. Besides, Haruka and I were open with our relationship and this nation is incredibly homophobic.

Speaking of homophobes, Haruka's fans have discovered she's a woman. She experienced a small dip in her fan base, and not as many people find her kissing me after she wins a race cute, but she doesn't care. Neither do I. We're happy and that's all that matters.

My mother called me yesterday, which was surprising. We hadn't talked since I left. I think she knew Earl was going to go down.

I just realized I didn't tell you how Earl got caught! Forgive me, diary. Apparently he raped the daughter of whoever it is he has that political connection with. She's devastated. I'm thinking of calling her, but I don't think she'll want to talk about it. I sure didn't.

Well, I did talk about it with Haruka, but that's different. She is me and I am her. I love her so much it hurts sometimes. Like when she races, I get so scared. But she loves it so much I don't want to stop her. It can get frustrating, you know?

A lot of things she does frustrates me, but all of her good qualities more than compensate for that. Like the fact that she always knows how to cheer me up. She says she always has a smile for me.

A smile for Michiru.

Love,
Michiru