Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Twist of Fate: A Parallel Destiny ❯ Senshi Addition One ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 4 - Senshi Addition OnePrincess Selaria was the first to arrive on the Moon with her entourage and, ofcourse, her brother, Crown Prince Endymion. She could not help but feel somehowinadequate when standing before the Moon Palace with the crown Princess of all of theplanets standing before the Gates, waiting to meet her. Silently, Selaria felt a moment ofpanic and looked frantically to her brother for support. As he laid his hand on her arm, ina gesture ment to clam her, she looked at Endymion and realized with a start why she feltinferior. All of the Princesses waiting to meet her had been breed to rule theirhomeworlds one day. And adding to that was the fact that each and everyone of themdefended their planet personally.Selaria had been raised to be a lady who did nothing more than look beautiful. Unlike the rest of the Solar System, Earth was a patriarchal society run by the men, whichleft her as a mere princess while her brother was trained to rule. He belonged here. Heshould be the one accepting the right to be a Sailor Senshi, but Queen Selenity's rule thatonly women, the princess of each planet, could serve in the Sailor Senshi blocked hisentry. But, she thought wryly, even resourceful Endymion had found the loop hole, hewould wed Queen Selenity's daughter. And if she knew the men of her family, he wouldattempt to usurp power once the Queen had left her mortal coil.Letting her thoughts drift to Endymion's would-be rise to power didn't do muchfor Selaria's confidence as she approached the large group of females. But finally, shefound herself standing before a long line of women each welcoming her to the Moon andto the Sailor Senshi, in turn. And she found that she wasn't as nervous as she had beenonly minutes before, for they all seemed to genuinely welcome her with open arms.As she finished her greetings to the Princesses, Selaria found herself standing faceto face with the Mother - Daughter duo that ruled the Moon Kingdom and defended theSolar System. As she stepped forward, the older of the duo, obviously Queen Selenity,extended her arms in welcome and took Selaria into a startling embrace. Selaria lookedup into the Queen's face and saw that she had a warm smile on her lips. Lowering herselfinto a formal curtsy after she had stepped back next to Endymion, Selaria whispered, "Itis an honor to finally make your majesty's acquaintance. And I thank you humbly onbehalf of my family for the generous invitation to join the Sailor Senshi."Just then, the younger of the pair stepped forward smiling. And as the PrincessSelenity offered her welcome, Selaria saw that her eyes never left Endymion's face. Awestruck, she realized that the princess was in love with her brother. And in thatmoment, she also realized how much easier it made Endymion's task of making the thronefor himself. Forcing a smile to her face, Selaria said, "Thank you for the opportunity,princess."Selenity looked at her for the first time and giggled. "Come Selaria, you will soonbe my sister. I think that gives us leave to skip the formal titles. I am Selenity. I wouldbe pleased if you would use my name."Selaria was struck speechless by the Princess's generosity and inwardly she felt hersprit begin to rise up at the thought of her brother hurting this lovely creature in any way. "You humble me by your generosity, Prin......Selenity."Looking up at the towering palace that was to be her new home, Selaria sighedand followed the others in, resigned to the idea of becoming Sailor Tera, as she preferredto call her homeworld.