Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A wavering of the heart ❯ Chapter7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 7

Back in the US an anxious Mamoru sat staring into space in front of his computer refusing to move. Huge bags ringed his eyes from lack of sleep, and his stomach hurt due to the fact that he hadn't eaten in over 24hrs. The world around him had disappeared into the background as he sat there waiting. His clothing rumpled, eyes distant, as he relived every memory he had of her from both life-times. He didn't care about anything, except what he had to believe was forthcoming, a reply to his plea.

A commotion erupted at the door just as the little you've got mail light flashed on the computer. Still oblivious to the world beyond, he clicked the light, his hand trembling as he moved the mouse.

"DARIEN!" Melanie cried from the door as she tried to reach him, while Kevin picked her up and carried her out,

"DARIEN!! Please, I love you!"

Her cries of devotion went unheeded by Mamoru as the message loaded on the screen; he took a deep breath as he prepared himself for the worst,

Mamo-chan,

I got your letter, I am still mad at you though! But,

His heart sank in his chest, and he felt like his life was truly over, until he read the next part

Mamo-chan I forgive you,

Tears streamed down his cheeks,

"SHE FORGIVES ME!" he yelled, his unexpected outburst starteling Kevin after his many hours of silence.

"What?" Kevin asked as Mamoru stood up tears falling freely from his eyes

"READ IT!! SHE FORGIVES ME!!"

Kevin made his way to the computer, and read what she had written

"So her saying goody bye is ok?"

"What?"

"She said good-bye"

"Oh no!" moaned Mamoru as he finished reading the letter

it will take me some time, so for now.

I will say

Good bye

Usagi…

"Usako" he whispered flopping down on his bed, "She has never signed good-bye like that before" he muttered, and suddenly he blanched as an unwanted thought entered his mind……

'she just forgave you….because she doesn't hold grudges….' A spiteful voice pipped up in his mind

"no! oh God no! She doesn't really love me" he cried outloud in a voice full of anguish

"Darien, stop being silly; She does love you!" said Kevin taking him by the shoulders and shaking him

"Pull yourself together" then breaking his cycle of thoughts, "she says so in a few places in her letter. Come on, she's probably just upset, and will need time to heal after what happened. After all you went from being her loyal, trust-worthy guy, to a guy that went and kissed another woman all in one night. Think of how she must feel, and just stay alive, because she can't love you if you're dead"

Mamoru nodded his head in assent and vowed to stay alive, even though he didn't know what type of life was worth living with his Usako mad at him.

Back in Tokyo about a week later

Usagi had received more than a few e-mails from Mamoru, all underlining the fact he was sorry, and that he still loved her. Slowly he was crumbeling her will to leave him behind and move on. It was not like she really could anyways, they had been destined to be together, as theirs was a love that had survived over a thousand years apart.

That morning she had awoken early for some reason with a million different thoughts running through her head. All she knew for sure, was that she was not going to give up her Mamo-chan up to any slut/bitch that came along, at least not now that she knew what it felt like to live with out him, and from the sounds of his letters he was hurting just as much.

Lying in her bed staring at the ceiling a plan began to take shape in her mind, and with a self-satisfied smile she quickly got dressed, and phoned the Senshi to organize a meeting.

3hrs later, at the Temple

"You're doing what?" Questioned Minako

"You have got to be kidding" laughed Rei

"Hey! I want to be a nurse, and well my grades aren't that bad" said Usagi

"Yeah, but America?" said Makoto

"Yes Mako, America!"

"I'll help you" stated Ami seeing the determination in her friends' eyes. She knew that this time something was different, this time Usagi was serious about getting better grades.

"Really?"

"Yes, but it's going to be quite a bit of work"

"That's ok, I have to get in so I can see Mamoru, and keep all those other bitches away"

Rei raised her eyebrow at the last comment

"Um Usagi you should really torture him a bit first" suggested Makoto

"Yeah! The old see but no touch thing!" exclaimed Minako catching on

"And we can ask Kevin for help!" Makoto stated

"And then you will have him back, and he won't even dream of looking away again!" shouted Rei

Usagi laughed delightedly, at their suggestions. "Sounds good to me" she agreed as her stomach rumbled.

"say, why don't we go to the archade to celebrate?" Minako suggested

The group agreed and out they went.

The details of the plan all worked out, it was put into action over the next couple months, and finally at the end of June Usagi received her letter in the mail.

Trembling she put it in her bag and ran out of the house on shaky legs towards the shrine.

"What is it Usagi?" asked Rei.as she dashed breathless into the room

Breathing heavily Usagi puffed out "A …Letter" and pulled it out of her bag

The rest of the Senshi walked in surprised that Usagi was actually early

"What is that?" demanded Minako looking at the envelope

"It's a letter" stated Usagi waving it around

"Well, don't just stand there OPEN IT!" cried Makoto praying that her friend got in

Carefully ripping open the envelope.a trembling Usagi pulled out the white paper, and upon reading the first line promptly fainted.

"Is that a good thing?" questioned Rei a concerned expression on her face as she looked at her friends.

Ami bent down and taking the letter read, "Welcome to Stanford"

"SHE GOT IN!!!" exclaimed Ami!! As Rei dumped a bucket of water over Usagi's face to bring her around; then grabbing her hands the scouts dashed to Rei's car to head to the mall for some celebratory shopping.

In the US

Mamoru was looking less and less like his old self. He missed the closeness he once had with his Odango atama and although her letters had returned to their previous vigor and warmth he knew that something was missing in their relationship. The intimacy they had once had was gone, and it was reflected in his outward appearance.

While still being muscular his cheeks had become somewhat hollow, his eyes were constantly lined by dark rings, he rarely smiled, and all in all he seemed not to care much for anything except his photo albulm and Usagi's locket which he carried everywhere with him.

His studies had also suffered while he still maintained a high average he just wasn't as interested as he used to be. For his mind was constantly full of her, and everything he did now was for her. He stayed alive for her, continued his studies for her, so that when that old closeness returned, if it returned, he would be able to provide for her.

Tokyo

As the summer came to an end Usagi busily packed her bags and got her things ready for university.

Her summer as great as it had been had only made her realize just how much she missed Mamoru, yes, she really was looking foreward to seeing him again.

Usagi smiled as she recalled the celebrating they had done to mark her acceptance into University, and then one after the other her friends too, had been accepted to the schools of their choice, and more party had ensued.

The phone rang disrupting her train of thoughts,

"Hello?" she questioned the person on the other end of the line.

"Hi Usagi-Chan"

"Hey Ami, are you ready to go?"

"yes, I'll meet you at the airport, Ok?"

"Hai! See you then"

"Right bye!" Said Ami hanging up

Usagi lugged her bags downstairs happy that Ami would be going with her, even if they wouldn't be in all the same classes.