Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A wavering of the heart ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 6

Mamoru sunk to the ground holding his throbbing stomach as the van sped away.

Then he felt someone touch his shoulder and a soft voice say,

"hey dare, at least you have me now."

He turned around and looked at her, Melanie, the reason he was in this mess. His eyes were hard as ice, his expression dark as he stated,

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"but darien" she said looking up at him from under her eyelashes in that cute gesture which had always gotten her what she wanted

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU BITCH! How could you say those things? I thought you were my friend, but not anymore." At the startled look on Melanie's face he continued, "Yes that is all that we were."

"well is seemed like we were more when you kissed me."

"IT WAS A MISTAKE! GOD! You and that damn perfume so similar to Usagi's. Shit! the alcohol, how much did I drink?" he asked himself his eyes now haunted as the image of Usagi walking away played over and over in her mind

"I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" he yelled pushing Melanie away from him.

"come on Dare, she's just a stupid little girl"

"YOU IDIOT! She was much more than that. She was my life, my soul mate" and breaking down into tears " she was the only women I have ever loved."

"geez Dare, you'll love again"

"no I won't! you don't understand. STAY AWAY FROM ME" he yelled again as she moved closer

"But, but she's the one who left you" Melanie pleaded as his words finally began to sink in

"YEAH! And it's all your fault" he replied stalking away….

Leaving her bewildered and confused thinking 'that wasn't the way it was supposed to be.'

Meanwhile….

The Senshi had been dropped off at Usagi's aunt's house and were currently sheperding their friend inside.

Usagi was litterally falling apart at the seams as her world had come crashing down about her. She cried seemingly endless rivers of tears feeling as if she had nothing left to live for.

Once upstairs Usagi sat on the balchony ignoring everyone, just looking to the moon as tears streamed down her cheeks….

After moping for 2hours she exclaimed,

"That's it!"

and entered to find the scouts sitting on her bed faces marked with concern.

"GUYS I'M GOING HOME!"

"But Usagi, shouldn't you wait" Asked Minako

"For what?"

"Um…Usagi for once I think Mina-chan has an ok idea, he still loves you after all" stated Rei, looking sideways at her friends. The group had thought it all through, and after taking everything into account, including the fact that Mamoru was a) drunk b) Melanie was most likely responsible as they had seen her spiking his drinks, and c) she had purposefully set out to seduce him by doing things that Usagi did. Sure, he was still at fault, but they knew he would never ever do anything like that again, Motoki had confirmed this thought when they had discussed it with him through MSN, and as Minako had pointed out. He was deffinetely sorry, and had practically said he'd rather die than live without her, which Motoki had also agreed to.

"No he doesn't, he has that bitch now…."

"Usagi, It's true, and you know it. He does love you" said Minako..

"It doesn't matter anymore, THAT BASTARD, cheated right in front of my eyes, and I don't want to see him anytime soon!!" she yelled, running to the phone she dialled the plane company and changed her flight for that morning… "are you guys coming?" she demanded

"I guess." said Ami

"If you're sure about this" questioned Minako

"Positive"

"Then I Guess we're all going" commented Rei.

The flights changed the scouts packed and headed to the airport with heavy hearts. Makoto made a quick phone call to Kevin under the pretenses of wanting to wish him good bye.

"hello?"

"Kevin, Its Makoto"

"whats happening?"

"we're leaving this morning, We have to be at the airport by 7:00am"

"Should I drive you?"

"no. Usagi's aunt is and Minako said she'd try and get Usagi straightened out"

"ok. so should I meet you there?"

"um…I don't think so, just try and get Mamoru to write an e-mail or something to explain everything."

"ok. i'll try, but he's not looking to good, just moping about and staring at pictures of her"

"ergh.. that's not good. Well, I'll let her know, I have to go"

"bye"

"ja"

Makoto hung up the phone and raced out to the car not looking foreword to the flight ahead.

In the guys dorm

Mamoru sat on the bed muttering to himself,

"That bitch….called herself my friend. And now look at where I am, I could kill her for what she did to usagi"

"So mamoru…… how are you doing?" asked Kevin

"Just leave me alone" he shot back

"Come on, don't be that way. Why don't you write Usagi a letter or something?"

"Why bother……she hates me…."

"you have to try, after all you still love her don't you"

"yeah…. I guess….." he replied going to take out some paper

"um……buddy you may want to write an e-mail….."

"WHAT! .."

"yeah…. She's on a flight to Japan"

Mamoru groaned…… and stumbled to the computer.

Finishing off his letter, he hit the send button, and turned to his room mate who had been reading over his shoulder

"Do you think she'll like it?" he questioned worriedly

"I think she'll love it" Kevin responded

"good…..then I can survive at least one more day with out her."

Japan

An extremely long flight, and a car trip later, Usagi was finally home.

She didn't spend too much time talking with her mother, instead she trudged up to her room, and fell upon the bed in a fit of tears.

The flight had been emotionally draining, the scouts had been urging her to forgive him, it wasn't all his fault they said, but she wasn't too sure.

'I should have listened to him' she thought as she sat up startled by a noise that had come from her computer.

'Shingo must have left it on' She thought walking over out of habit to check her mail.

<1 new message> was written beside the word inbox, and upon clicking on it she saw it was from Mamoru. She experienced the familiar excitement at the prospect of one of his e-mails; as she quickly she clicked on it. Then remembering she was mad almost closed the window but the words PLEASE LISTEN stuck out on the page, so acting on a whim she decided she might as well read it.

"hmmm" she muttered under her breath as she read the first lines of what he wrote, and as she started reading the poem she plopped down in her chair as tears began to pour from her eyes.

You are the light which brightens my days

You are the one who took my pain away

I never wanted to hurt you, for I love you true

And Melanie means nothing to me,

Its only you

My princess, my angel,

My ray of sunlight

You alone can brighten the night

Your smile, your touch

Words can't express

All I know is you are above all the rest

My heart is yours till the end of time

Forgive me my love

For it was only one time

I didn't want her to kiss me its true

Its just she almost fooled me into believing she was you

But her kiss had no magic

Sparked no love in my heart…..

Instead it made my soul

Fall all apart

~

Usagi, words can't express how sorry I am for what I did, and although I don't deserve it, I hope that one day you'll find it in your heart to forgive me.

Love always

Mamoru, Chiba.

"Oh Mamo-chan!" she exclaimed when she had finished the letter… "I'm so sorry, for leaving like that …"

she hit the reply button… with a lighter heart and wrote

Mamo-chan,

I got your letter, I am still mad at you though! But,

Forgivness I shall grant you

Oh holder of my soul

For to be mad at you

Really broke my heart

i love you with all my strength

spirit and my soul

so forgiveness I shall grant

for my love for you cannot be told.

Mamo-chan I forgive you…. But it will take me some time….so….for now…..

I will say

Good bye

Usagi…

She hit the send button with a lighter heart, and feeling hungry for the first time in twenty four-hours she went to the kitchen to rummage for some food.