Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A wavering of the heart ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5

The lips pressed against his own were soft and tasted sweet sending a fire over his body, but something was missing. This was not the all consuming soul shattering kiss that he was used to… his mind immediately recoiled as the knowledge that it wasn't Usagi entered his mind, instead a new name found its way through the fog.

'Melanie ' accompanied by the thought, 'oh my god! Kevin was right about her'

His recoiling mind tried to force his reluctant body to move away, but it just wasn't happening instead the kiss deepened as Melanie forced her tongue into his mouth, that did it. His consciousness seemed to vanish as a primeval emotion overtook his senses temporarily banishing Usagi from his poor lust infused mind.

Meanwhile Melanie was gloating inside at her success with the kiss. A small twisted smile gracing her lips even as they more fully captured his.

'I knew he loved me!' she thought to herself as she traced her tongue around his mouth.

Just then Usagi entered the room an expression of sheer disbelief overtaking her beautiful features then her sky blue orbs darkened in anger, as she marched towards the pair with a nearly exploding Makoto on her heels.

"Chiba, Mamoru" She stated her voice cutting through his senses and finally giving him back control over his body

Looking at her Mamoru felt his heart and soul shatter into a million pieces, he felt like a complete and total jerk!

All around them the party seemed to stop, as people turned to watch the encounter between the blonde angel and the handsome god-like man. Many angry glares were sent Melanie's way but the bitch just ignored them confident that she had Darien's heart in the palm of her hand.

"WHAT IS GOING ON!" demanded Usagi eyes blazing with anger, as tears leaked out the corners, making her twice as beautiful as before and causing Mamoru's breath to catch in his throat.

'What have I done!' he thought to himself watching the light of his life shatter, and break before him.

Before he could answer Melanie interrupted saying, "We where going to tell you earlier, but Darien here is MINE NOW!" She couldn't help gloating as she said the last two words stunning the crowd,

"YOU BITCH!" exclaimed Usagi

"MY GOD MELANIE!" muttered Mamoru at the same time. Her louder cry drowning him out.

"And YOU MAMORU! I GUESS YOU DIDN'T CHANGE THAT MUCH AFTER ALL! YOU ARE STILL THE SAME POMPOUS JERK THAT YOU WERE 4 YEARS AGO!"

"Usagi… wait let. Me explain…" he said as she turned to go..

"What is there to explain…" She stated turning back to face him. "I still love you… I will always love you… you, oh Mamo-chan, what about our future? Chibi-Usa? " she said her voice dropping to a choked whisper as the tears fell from her haunted eyes, "I guess it was just a dream. How could I have believed that you really loved me? You're perfect and, well I'm just klutzy little Usagi…"

Then in Japanese she added,

"the silly princess of the moon, who will always love you, but… now….i'll just say Good bye my mamo-chan. " then turned and ran towards the door tears streaming from her crystal blue eyes as the pain of separation from him washed over her senses… her heart and soul shattered, causing her to stagger, and nearly fall.

Turning one last time at the door she took her last look at him, but she didn't see the tears streaming down Mamoru's face as she ran the last few feet to the door

As Usagi reached the door he said the only thing he could,

"AISHTERU USAKO!" as he watched his only love walk out of his life, taking with her not only his heart, but his will to live.

Stunned he stood their, wishing it was all just a bad dream. 'no, no, no…. this can't be happening' was all that ran through his mind.

All through the exchange Minako had been watching from the side lines, and being the Goddess of Love she heard the truth and pain in his final words.

'Oh my GOD! That bitch!' she thought to herself while glaring at Melanie. Then with an evil smile she nudged Makoto and ran after Usagi with the rest of the Senshi.

As Mamoru came partially out of shock he started running, stumbling slightly from the alcohol, towards the door. Only to find his way barred by Kevin and Minako.

"Let me through….. I ….. I have to talk to her!" demanded Mamoru

"Mamoru…." Reprimanded Minako… "I think you have caused enough harm for one evening, but, I will talk to Usagi later, on your behalf"

"We know what a bitch Melanie is…. And I knew she was scheming something all along… I just didn't know what" stated Kevin

"Oh my god! What have I done..."moaned Mamoru, as he caught a glimpse of his broken angel as she got back into the van.

"Mamoru, don't worry…. Everything will turn out ok in the end…." Said Minako giving him a comforting smile…

"please she has to forgive me, I don't think I can live with out her…." He stated truthfully staring Minako in the eyes; knowing that she was his best chance, at gaining Usagi's forgiveness,

"well, in the mean time, don't do anything stupid." Stated Minako

With a weak smile he said "I'll try."

Meanwhile inside,

Makoto had decided to take Melanie into her own hands, and marching up to her she balled her hand into a fist.

"YOU BITCH!!" raged Makoto "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TOO HER!!"

"simple, She had something I wanted, so I took it " replied Melanie with a self-satisfied smirk

"HE DIDN'T WANT YOU, you WHORE!"

"that doesn't matter, he will in time just like all the others" Then with a flip of her hair as she turned to walk away "I always get what I want"

"NOT THIS TIME!" stated Makoto wanting to hit her with a thunderbolt. Then taking her fist she rammed it right into Melanie's smiling face.

And stalked out of the room saying in a cold voice

"Nobody hurts Usagi and gets away unscarred!"

arrived at the door just in time to hear mamoru say

"…..try"

"Hi Mamoru" she began her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I have a little something for you"

'oh no! ' thought Mamoru, seeing the rage in her eyes'

"Mako-Chan, Don't he's innocent" said Minako

"innocent my foot!" she shot back and landed a hard punch to his gut. Then grabbing Kevin and Minako's hands she led them to the bus, still muttering obscenities at Melanie under her breath.

Author's Note:

That's all for the first segment of the edited chapters, the next part will be up shortly.

Please feel free to give me some constructive criticism as I am always trying to improve, tho. Keep in mine I wrote most of this story nearly a year ago @_@

Thank you for all the support and this edited version is to make it more enjoyable for those that love the story to read.

See you all soon,

Sugar