Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A wavering of the heart ❯ chapter 4 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

Mamoru lead his angel and her group of friends towards his dorm room. The resident male population looked on in amazement as the beautiful girls passed by. Melanie not one to be left out had decided to tag along and was soon swarmed by guys asking questions about Mamoru's little harem.

Kevin had already heard the buzz about Mamoru by the time they reached their dorm room and was waiting at the door.

"Hi" Kevin greeted them in Japanese, startling the beauties as they entered the room

"hi" they replied turning to Mamoru for introductions.

"Kevin, I would like you to meet, Usagi, and her friends, Minako, Makoto, Ami, and Rei"

"Usagi, Minako, Makoto, Ami, Rei, This is Kevin my room mate"

"Hello!" they said in unison thinking, 'he's pretty cute'while makoto silently commented to herself 'he looks just like my old boy-friend'

"so, what's up?" asked Kevin

Usagi still latched to Mamoru said,

"We came here for holidays. I couldn't bare to be away from my Mamo-chan any longer" she said the last part looking into her love's midnight orbs as their heads moved towards one another as if by gravity, This caused Rei to comment in Japanese

"go get a room…" this got a glare out of Usagi and started an adorable tongue war between them, which went completely unnoticed by the scouts, reminded Mamoru of home, and caused Kevin to chuckle.

"They do it all the time" remarked Makoto, with a suffereing sigh, in English.

"So, Dare, are they coming to the party?" Kevin asked his room mate

"yeah…. "

"does Mel know?" Kevin asked

"Does Mel know what?" came a voice from the doorway

"That we are going to the party" came Minako's response

"YEAH! I know Kev." Melaine replied

"ok, just making sure."

"so what do you want to do?" Mamoru asked the former Senshi

"well, we could see the sites?" asked Ami " I read something about some art galleries, and a museum" this invoked a groan from the rest of the scouts

"Mamo-chan," started Usagi "could you take us shopping… so we can buy something for the party?"

Mamoru let out a suffering sigh, then looking down at his Usako's eyes, agreed. His agreement resulted in Usagi's quick move towards the door, with him being literally dragged behind her, and the Senshi on their heels. Smiling Makoto, quickly grabbed Kevin, and followed the crowd leaving a stunned Melanie alone in the now deserted room.

On the day of the Party-Saturday, at Usagi's Aunts house.

The Upstairs, and bathroom looked like a disaster area, clothes, makeup, and shoes littered the floors of the bedrooms, and trailed out into the hallway between them.

From this mess five breathtaking beauties emerged, at exactly 8:00pm, at the ringing of a door bell.

Usagi's aunt went to open the door, and in stepped Kevin, Mamoru, and Melanie, who had come to pick up the Senshi.

Kevin's jaw dropped open, at the site of them thinking,

'I have to move to Japan' and saying out loud,"You look amazing…. Causing blushes to creep becomingly onto 5 pairs of cheeks"

"arigatou" replied Makoto "you don't look so bad yourself"

Kevin laughed and replied, "not nearly as good as you do"

Melanie just stared at them in subdued silence jealous at the beauty displayed before, and the response it was invoking from her two males companions.

Having stared solely at his love in open mouthed amazement, Mamoru walked towards his Usako and whispered in her ear, "you get more beautiful all the time."

Usagi just hugged him and giving him a kiss whispered "oh Mamo-chan… aishiteru"

The clearing of a throat pulled them out of their romantic moment, and they turned to see the eyes of their friends focused on them,

"NANI?" exclaimed Usagi nearly drowning out Mamoru's,

"WHAT?"

"um…sorry to interrupt your love fest, but can we go?" questioned Kevin.

"oh…." Muttered Usagi. Letting it hang in the air before turning to her aunt and saying, "see you later auntie…" as she was hauled out the door.

"good bye everyone have fun!" Usagi's aunt called as the group went down the driveway.

Everyone piled into the large green van that belonged to Kevin's uncle. Kevin drove, Makoto sat in the passengers seat, Darien found himself squashed between Usagi, who was clinging to him as if there was no tomorrow, with Melanie on the other side, and then Rei, Minako, and Ami were in the very back.

The drive was going quite well, if you didn't count the dark glances Usagi, and Makoto sent Melanie every time she so much as touched Mamoru, or Rei's fit when the Senshi proceeded to grill her for more information on the hot guy. All this was done in Japanese, making Melanie feel quite out of sorts, and Kevin, who understood some Japanese wonder what the heck it was they were talking about.

Finally ten minutes later they arrived at the gateway to a large white stone house, belonging to Jonathan Marcus, son of one of the more prominent, and filthy rich citizens. His parents had gone away for the week, and he had decided to host a party in celebration of the winter holidays!

All conversation ceased as the Senshi's eyes were glued to the windows, looking at the magnificent light display outside. Usagi's exclamations of delight occasionally broke the silence, and were often followed by a small chuckle from Mamoru. Usagi was just too cute when she was excited.

This wasn't your normal party afterall this was a social event of the year, a winter ball, and the Senshi were very happy that they had decided to dress up when they saw the outfits of the other guests.

Kevin pulled up to the front door, and Mamoru got out first doing the gentleman's part in handing each lady out of the Van one by one. The van empty Kevin handed the keys to the valet and the group walked inside. The group entered with the ladies going stag first, followed by Kevin whom had offered Makoto his arm, with Usagi and Mamoru bringing up the rear.

Once inside they removed their coats revealing the beautiful outfits beneath; then they proceeded to enter the main ball room, every head in the room turned towards them, for they made a stunning picture.

First came Minako, Ami, and Rei, looking stunning in their outfits of pale pink, blue, and red followed by Makoto on Kevin's arms in a dark green dress. The room fell into an awed silence as unknown to them their Future King and Queen entered.

Usagi's long silvery blonde hair fell in tumbling waves of silk about her maturing figure which was encased in a pure white dress that reached to just above her knees. The dress had a low scooped neck, showing off her smooth creamy skin, held up only by two thin straps that went over her shoulders. Pure white heeled sandals adorned her feet showing off her perfectly moulded legs. She wore very little makeup, only a touch of lipgloss, and for jewlery her ears, and slender neck were adorned with matching, a white gold crescent moons.

As she entered the room on Mamoru's arm she looked around and saw the jealousy written in every females eyes, not only at her for having this hunk of a man, but at her herself for being so damn beautiful.

Mamoru also noticed the jealous and adoring looks on the faces of the men, and told them all with a look, and a protective arm around his Usako's waist to stand back as she was his.

Behind the Japanese beauties came Melanie ticked that she wasn't the one on Darien's arm, and even more upset that she was being completely ignored by the male population, as they swarmed like bees around the Senshi. She glared at the sound of them talking and flirting with them while she stood on the sidelines being ignored.

By the time the party was in full swing Melanie was wondering why she had even bothered to come. 'DAMN!' she thought as she watched Usagi, and Darien drift by towards the drink table for about the 6th time that night. Usagi laughing as Darien poured them each yet another strawberry margarita.

' THAT SHOULD BE ME! I wish that little bitch had never showed up!'

"so Mel…. How's it going" came a familiar sarcastic voice from behind her

"Fine KEVIN now just leave me alone" she stated turning to face him

"cranky today aren't we…. " he replied

"just FUCK off Besides I thought you were hanging with that Jap. Bitch, Mahoto…or something"

"that's Makoto, and she went to the bathroom with Usagi"

"She did….. why thanks" Mel. Replied with a wicked smile then shoving Kevin out onto the balcony she quickly closed and locked the door

'time to move in for the kill.' she thought as she approached Darien, just as a fast song came on

"Hey, Dare did you save me a dance?" she questioned innocently as he gulped down a shot of Tequila.

Darien who was before positive that Usagi was the one became uncertain again as he looked into Melanie's pleading green eyes…

Then pouring himself some brandy to settle his nerves he replied,

"Yes, I did" voice slightly slurred from the alcohol as he led her to the dance floor, a small part of his mind wondering why he was drinking so much.

Melanie wrapped her arms around his neck pushing herself close to him.

'She smells like vanilla and strawberries, like Usagi' Darien thought as his senses became engulfed by the sent of her perfume. The music sped up, and the disco style lights swirled before his eyes, confusing his senses, until all he was fully aware of was Melanie's warm body pressed up against his own…

'this is perfect.' thought Melanie sensing his confusion, then she whispered,

"Dare…" her warm breath on his ear sending a wave of shivers down his spine, "your such a good dancer" then she leaded her head against his chest.

her closeness became almost more than he could bear, and he found himself torn between pulling her closer, and pushing her away. The heat of her body pressed against his, the sent of her shampoo, her perfume, the beating of her heart, All of it, Beguiling his senses, all this a part of her plan to lead him to his downfall.

Slowly she tilted her head up, her fingers burying themselves in his hair as she pulled his head down and pressed her lips firmly on his. Darien's body took control, before his confused mind could piece everything together, as he leaned into the contact kissing her back.