Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Also Sprach Serenity ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ALSO SPRACH SERENITY
 
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing in this story.
 
Notes: This story has been inspired by the superb game Xenosaga: It's a crossover between Sailor Moon and Xenosaga with just a dash of Evangelion. I confess that I didn't play the game, but the anime and the various texts found on the net have helped to mould this story.
 
Originally, it should have been a crossover with only Evangelion because of the similitude between Rei and Kos-Mos. But after a few tries with the visual aspect of the story, I found that it was awkward to imagine Kos-Mos battling the Angels, even with a scaled-up ES.
 
It was the anime and the scene where Kos-Mos saved Shion from a Gnosis that finally provided the final spark. (And, I confess, some rather risky images of Rei Ayanami and Ami Mizuno.)
 
What if Kos-Mos had been constructed specifically to be the bodyguard of Sailor Moon? What if Kos-Mos followed the spirit as well as the letter of the ideals of the Silver Millennium and not the instructions of its government and its representatives?
 
 
Prelude
 
 
A long, long time ago, during the Silver Millennium…
 
The man was furious.
 
It was visible because of the red colour of his face, the clenching of his fists and the pulsing vein on his temple. He was chewing his black moustache in an effort to not explode.
 
His name was Moriyama, Captain of the HMS “Woglinde”, a one kilometre long wedge-shaped battle-cruiser of class Jupiter. Those cruisers were reputed for their heavy punch and had the necessary speed and agility to deliver it right in the jaws of the enemy.
 
His steel-grey eyes were focused on the giant holographic screen of the main bridge. Around him, his crew were trying to reorganize the chaos aboard the ship under the flashing red lights and the sirens of the “Red Alert” level of emergency. He turned to his right. “Number two! Situation, now!”
 
From the right pit of the bridge, a blond middle-aged man answered without taking his blue eyes from his terminal. “We are currently outside the extreme field of “The Song of Nephilim”, Captain. We are still battle ready and internal damages have been restrained to the outer radial areas. Fifteen percent of our equipment have been destroyed or damaged, but our auxiliary systems are taking care of it, so far. I am still rerouting our internal communications channels.”
 
Moriyama closed his eyes and sighed. Fifteen percent? After an exposition of only five minutes? If they had entered the field at battle-speed, they would still be inside the field effect by now. Dear Serenity, what was going on? He looked to a red-haired woman attempting to make sense of the gibberish she was receiving on her communication consol. “Lieutenant Mercedes? Anything that makes sense on any channels?”
 
The young woman, wearing the white and silver of the Navy of the Moon Kingdom, shook her head. “I'm sorry sir, but the only things that I received are distress signals and repeated demands of intervention from the Vulcan Militia. They are currently reporting multiples gating of Youmas on all the surface of Vulcan.”
 
Moriyama whirled to the main screen and stared at the magically terraformed world. “All the surface?”
 
From the central pit, Ensign Kenon answered the silent question of his Captain. “Confirm, sir! I am reading a massive elevation of Dark Energy level and multiples locus of dimensional breaking on my sensors. And… Hold on!” The tanned figure of the young man suddenly blanched. “Sir?! The Primer Walking sensor is reacting!”
 
Moriyama paled. Somewhere on the surface of Vulcan, the “Zohar” was emitting its unknown waves of energy. The last time it happened… “Shields up! All weapon systems armed!”
 
The Lieutenant-Commander Pavel promptly slapped a few controls on his consol. “Photon torpedoes are armed and loaded, laser turrets are online and main gun is ready!”
 
His assistant, Ensign Hibson finished her task. “Shields are up at one hundred percent, defensive laser clusters are charged and counter-missiles batteries are armed, Sir!”
 
The Captain nodded. They were ready…against conventional enemies at least. “Number two? Can you open a channel to our good Doctor?”
 
After a few moments, the blond man nodded and an old voice sounded from the speakers. “Yes, Captain? Everything good on the bridge?”
 
Moriyama snorted. “Yes, Bones, everything is peachy. Now, what the hell are you doing down here?!”
 
A similar snort answered him. “If you want to know, Captain. I have just sedated thirty-two percent of our soldiers with Digitalis Beta. For the rest, half of them have entered “Voluntary Trance” and the rest are crying in the bosom of our counsellors.”
 
Moriyama sighed and covered his eyes. “Casualties?”
 
The old man chuckled. “We've been lucky, so far. It is mostly blunt trauma but only because our Realians managed to not use their weapons. I have only five Marines down and three bruised Mages.”
 
Moriyama frowned and tapped his lips. “What about our 99-series?”
 
This time, the Doctor connected the holo-screen to stare at the black-haired man. “You're not serious! They are all crying their eyes out from the lingering effect of this damned song!”
 
The Captain shrugged helplessly. “I know, doc. But…”
 
“SENSHI TELEPORT SIGNATURES DETECTED!” The yell of Ensign Kenon draw the gaze of everybody on the brown-haired man.
 
Moriyama whirled to the main screen. “Show me!”
 
Multiples points of varied colour flashed on the diagram of the planet. The Captain raised an eyebrow. “What the…? The Inners AND the Outers!?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
During the hours following the intervention of the Sailor Senshi, the “Woglinde” remained in observation and ready to intervene. All communications had ceased with Vulcan because of the planetary jamming of Sailor Mercury.
 
The battle-cruiser scanned many ships leaving the planet for signs of Dark Energy taint, but apart from superficial tainting and a few minors Youmas, nothing was wrong…relative to the current situation of the planet. It was all they could do without the support of their Observation Realian Units.
 
Moriyama had waited for the beginning of the cleansing of Vulcan. It was the Sailor Senshi, after all: They were the elite of the elite and came from the Royal bloodlines of the Solar System. But, the extension of the rifts pursued on the surface of the planet. He had managed to obtain a few testimonies from survivors aboard the evacuation ships and the situation appeared dire.
 
The Senshi were evacuating the whole population of the entire planet. A Techno-Mage called Mizrahi had played with the “Zohar” and triggered the whole crisis. He shook his head. The artefact was older than the creation of the solar system itself, what right Man had to toy with the Divine. There were also rumours of a secret weapon created by Vector Industries and being prepped to repulse the invasion.
 
Suddenly a massive beam of rainbow energy fused from the main locus of Dark Energy. Moriyama had remarked earlier that all the Senshi had converged on this location. The beam passed near the cruiser and lost itself in the magnificent radiance of the Sun. The Captain frowned. The Sun was also the prison of the Kingdom for the few entities they couldn't kill without endangering the people.
 
He blinked as all the Senshi teleported out of the planet and for an instant he saw a dark purple dot where the main locus was situated.
 
On the holo-screen, darkness crept along the surface Vulcan. In a few seconds, the entire planet became completely black and exploded with the fury of a nova.
 
The “Woglinde” wasn't in the vicinity of the planet and its shields were up: That saved the ship from the explosion. The entire crew could only look to what was a living planet reduced in asteroids. Already, the gravitational forces were beginning to pull them along the path of the orbit of the defunct planet.
 
She appeared on the bridge, clad in a black and white fuku and the stunned crew turned to her, still shocked by the end of Vulcan. She was holding the Time-Key, her Talisman. Her long viridian hair seemed to wave and her red eyes pierced the souls of the members of the Navy of the Moon Kingdom. She touched the com-unit of the main bridge on the all-channels band. “Attention, all hands! This is Sailor Pluto speaking in the name of her Imperial Majesty! You are all required to stay silent on all the events about Vulcan! Vulcan subject is now classified AAA level of secret! I do not have to remind you of the penalty in case of any type of divulgation.”
 
Pluto gazed silently on the main screen as she considered the evacuation ships. A pitiful percent of the whole population had been saved. The Youmas and the tainting had left few choices for the Senshi. Only the Queen with the Ginzuishou could have purified the whole planet and she wasn't about to risk her life for that.
 
She ignored the flabbergasted Captain and his questions as she focused on one particular ship. The “Zohar” had disappeared: Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars had found absolutely no traces of the mysterious artefact. It was not a bad thing at long term. They managed to learn a few secrets: Enough, at least, to create their utopia and build the weapons necessary for its preservation and, if need be, its recreation.
 
She could order the destruction of that ship. After all, in there was the only element that survived the cataclysm at Ground Zero. She internally shrugged. She had done her duty. The broken young Techno-Mage in that ship had no impact on the future, according to the Time Gate. Her fate was now in her own hands.
 
She teleported back to her eternal post.
 
Inside a ship, a brown-red haired woman with green eyes was silently crying, huddled in a corner. She remembered everything: The intruder code in the carefully crafted program. The unscheduled activation of the masterpiece of their team and the only hope to stop everything before it was too late. The red blood of Kevin Winicot on her face as a slender hand pierced his chest. The massive gun she was holding in her shaking hand and the explosion of the head of the Archetype. The young blond girl with blue eyes clad in a white dress with a gold cross as a necklace who guided her to safety. The explosion of Vulcan…
 
Shion Uzuki tried to erase the two sounds whirling in her head: The haunting melody of “The Song of Nephilim” and the words spoke softly by a young and sorrowful voice “Death Reborn Revolution”. Her fist tightened on the preservation capsule she held.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Time passed…
 
A long time ago, at the end of the Silver Millennium…
 
“Attention! Youmas have breached the Palace shields! All non-combatant personnel are to evacuate! I repeat! Youmas have…”
 
A slender pale hand cut off the speaker inside the massive underground lab. A young woman in her early twenty turned her bespectacled green eyes from the screen of her Connection Gear and smiled. On the holo-monitor of the Silver Millennium PDA scrolled an enormous amount of data. “Thank you, Rei. I was loosing my concentration.”
 
She was a young girl of fourteen years with pale skin, light blue hair and blood-red eyes. She was clad in a black white-trimmed short dress that highlighted her curves with thigh-length white boots and nodded in return. “It was no problem, Doctor Uzuki.” Her soft voice had barely any intonation. In her hair was a white pair of Interconnection Nerve clip.
 
Shion Uzuki returned to her task. Since the destruction of Vulcan, her bloodline had followed the tradition of the Moon Royal family and named the first born daughter of each generation “Shion”. According to some rare documents, she was the living image of her ancestor with her brown-red hair, green eyes and strong personality.
 
The goal of her family was two-fold: Finding the truth on Vulcan and solving the problem revealed by that truth. The first Shion had known that it had been a sabotage that triggered the crisis in Vector Industries and she had discovered much later who was responsible.
 
The successive Shions had, little by little, uncovered the how and why. Now, she was in pass to finish the work of many generations by creating the solution to the problem.
 
She grinned. The first half of the solution was standing behind her. R.E.I. or Realian Evolution Interface was the successful rebirth of the defunct project of the 100-series Realians. After the `Vulcan Incident', all research on Realians had been suspended since the existing series had been deemed sufficient against Youmas. The apparition of the Seven Shadow Warriors had been a nasty surprise for the Kingdom forces.
 
The 100-series had been intended as an M.O.M.O. Realian type or Multiple Observative Mimetic Organicus, capable to go toe-to-toe with any kind of Youmas and adapt to new species of monsters.
 
As the prototype, Rei wasn't up to fight on the first line, but her faculties of observations were without equal. Her Ether powers, based on the infusion process that created the first Sailor Senshi, were also showing promises for the future. If only they had more time…
 
She quickly finished her programming, gazed an instant on the status screen to be sure and hit the “Enter” key. “There! The update of the Y-data is now downloading in your Encephalon via the Interconnection. How do you feel?”
 
Rei was blinking as she analyzed what she was feeling. “I am functioning within normal parameters.” She cocked her head. “My central nervous system does not register the data, even in the sub-consciousness layers.”
 
Shion nodded. “That's good. That is exactly the effect I wanted. Even you cannot access the Y-data without the correct entry key.”
 
Rei began to nod then sharply stared at the ceiling. “You have to expedite, Doctor. I have just detected the death of the four Inners Senshi. Youmas troops are now within the Palace itself and five level 5 threats are with them.”
 
Shion whirled to continue her task on her Connection Gear. “Proceeding with final adjustments… All systems are online and green… All temporal capsules are sealed… Cloaking Fields are still in place and Bakelite is now flooding all access points…” She paused for one instant. “I just wish… I could have known you a little longer…”
 
Rei blinked and her lips hinted at a small smile. “Thank you, Doctor Uzuki. Your concern is deeply appreciated.”
 
The green-eyed woman shook her head. “If only I could have build a proper emotional module instead of a set of predetermined expressions…”
 
The whole lab shook as an explosion outside rocked the palace. Dust fell from the ceiling. Shion grimly gazed up. “They will be here soon, I must hurry.”
 
She switched off her terminal and went to the centre of the lab. Here, arranged in a large circle, were twelve massive golden monoliths with a red letter surrounding another monolith. Arms on all the monoliths gave them the appearances of cross. The central monolith was metallic silver in colour with black highlights and a flashing golden crescent moon instead of a red letter.
 
Followed by Rei, Shion rapidly went to the central monolith and donned thick insulating gloves. Rei stayed near her, hands crossed behind her. “Be careful, Doctor. The Thirteenth is still dangerous despite its weaker output.”
 
The Techno-mage sighed. “I know Rei. But, it is still our better chance to properly set up the Emulators.” She gazed up on the golden crescent moon. “I don't want to trigger another crisis like Vulcan.”
 
She reached the surface of the monolith and slowly began to trace runes of powers that briefly glowed before being absorbed inside the silver monolith.
 
Rei continued to stare at the ceiling. She suddenly held her hand and a black and silver rod materialized. “Pursue your task, Doctor. A group of six Youmas are phasing to our location. I will buy you time.” The young girl rushed out of the circle of golden monoliths and waited for the enemy.
 
Shion gazed an instant on the frail feminine silhouette. All her hopes and the hopes of an entire family were now resting on those young shoulders. She traced another set of runes. Around her, the Zohar Emulators were resonating with each others as the complex program of the Thirteenth began to develop.
 
Perhaps it was more than the hopes of some mortals, the Uzuki bloodline was a fervent follower of the ideals that served as the main support of the Moon Kingdom: Love and Justice. She sincerely hoped she managed to carve them into Eternity itself by weaving them with the foundation of her project: Logic, Duty and Establishment. She traced another set of runes and forced herself to ignore the noises of the nearby battle.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Rei was calmly waiting for the Youmas to phase through the ceiling. Since they couldn't detect them, it was probably a party sent to exterminate methodically all they encountered in their search of the Palace. Beryl wanted the fall of the Kingdom and she was ruthlessly enforcing it. The project in this hidden underground lab was too dangerous to fall into any hands. She must destroy all of them.
 
She checked one more time her equipment. Her black white-trimmed short dress was the support of a complex weave of armoured fabric and protective spell-matrices. It couldn't be on the same level as the magical fuku of the Senshi, but it was better than nothing.
 
Since she was untested in battle, there was a probability of thirty-five percent that she died in the first instants of combat. She took that information and stocked it in the back of her mind. It was no longer relevant to the situation as she primed a mechanism hidden in the wall to her left. Even if she was destroyed, the surety of the project was now ensured.
 
Her senses perceived the final approach of the enemy and she powered up her techno-magical rod. The minor artefact had built-in weaponry and served as a power focus for her high-level Ether-based powers. The enemy was now at fifty metres of its objective. She armed the distance-attack-area-effect setting and readied herself.
 
A mass of greenish shadows seemed to ooze through the ceiling. She unleashed her first attack to take profit of the surprise effect. “Flower Storm!” The tip of her black silver-trimmed rod erupted into a cone of multiple species of flower. The flowers were normal plant matter but served as anchors for a simple spell-matrix that transform the innocent plants into magical bullets equivalent: The group of Youmas erupted in shrills of pain as the attack hit them dead-on.
 
She let her senses analyzed the enemy as they gathered on the floor and snarled to her. One level 2 threat and five level one threat Youmas. The level 2 was probably the leader and was already stepping back to have his soldiers in front of him as a cover. The five weak Youmas had already lost two-third of their vital energy and one-third for their leader. No weakness, but all were impervious to non-magical attack due to their oozing nature.
 
The dark green creatures looked like a cross between a slime-creature and a lizard. Their leader barked orders in their guttural language and his `men' began to surround the lone defender.
 
Rei seized her chance and rushed to the one nearer to her. Her rod raised into an overhead strike. “Stardust!” The techno-magical weapon left a trail of glittering fairy dust and crushed the soft skull of the Youma. The surprised monster promptly turned into dust as his Dark Energy was dispersed and his body reverted to inert substances.
 
His comrades had been surprised by the fast attack but unleashed a burst of greenish clumps of matter from their bodies. Rei was already evading back as the substance exploded in contact and showered her with debris. Then the long distance shot of the leader caught her in the left shoulder and exploded.
 
She felt blood trickling along her sleeve under the armoured fabric. Her protective suit had been severely taxed by the attack and she rushed into the mass of her enemy to gain cover. The intellect of the soldiers was very limited. They actually blinked at her action and realized too late that she was already in their midst.
 
She hit and destroyed another one with a `Stardust' attack and managed to aim her bleeding arm to the Youma behind her. While she used her rod as a weapon, she could still use her low-level Ether-based powers. “Miracle Star!” A concentrated beam of pure Ether energy, shaped like a star, erupted from her hand and hit dead-on her target which exploded in a cloud of dust.
 
A Youma punched her in the face and she staggered back under the impact. By luck, she evaded by this action, the large clump of greenish matter that trapped most of the Youma who had punched her. The leader yelled in dismay as his attack hit his own troops instead of this damned girl.
 
He frowned at that thought. The girl looked like a Sailor Senshi, but he had witnessed personally the demise of those nuisances at the very hand of Queen Beryl. If she was another Sailor Senshi, he must warn Her Majesty. He snarled an order to the last Youma capable to move.
 
Rei's eyes narrowed as she bled from her nose and lower lip. She couldn't afford to let anyone escaped her. There was only one solution and she hoped she had enough energy to pull it off. She focused on her power built into her very own physiology and whispered softly. “Hilbert Effect!”
 
A wave of blue-white energy erupted from her body and reached the limit of the cloaking fields that protected the lab. The weak Youma found to his dismay that he could no longer phase through solid matter nor could he levitate.
 
Rei wobbled on her feet as the feedback of the technique seemed to sap her very life-force. She fell on her knees but managed to look defiantly back to the Youmas.
 
The leader blinked and began to laugh at his helpless foe. She managed to block them here only to perish at their hands. He licked his chops as he promised himself to make her suffering long, very long.
 
Darkness crept along the vision of the young Realian as she fought off unconsciousness. She was too low on energy and too feeble to attack again, but her duty was to protect Shion. She began to pray to the silver radiance of the Ginzuishou and the mighty artefact answered her. In a burst of silvery light, a vial dropped into her hands.
 
She quickly drunk it and energy revitalized her completely. She remarked the bewildered look of the Youmas. Rejuvenator Vials were rare but extremely efficient. It was time to use the big guns. She rose on her feet and held her rod in a prayer posture. She focused on her high-level Ether powers and unleashed another of her special attacks.
 
Small lights like small stars assembled around her and swirled with her dance-like whirl. She levelled her black and silver rod and opened her blood-red eyes on her enemies. “Star-Cannon!” Countless stars fused from her rod and rushed to the Youmas. The Star-Cannon was actually a high-level spell that used compressed air to hit with deadly force the targets. It had also the advantage to be selective in the choice of target.
 
The last two weak Youmas disappeared into dust and their leader screamed as he was seriously wounded. Any attack will achieve him now. He stared balefully to the young brat and his gaze shone with malevolent light.
 
Rei felt the shock in her mind. The Youma was emitting a psychic attack directly to her cerebral cortex. She advanced one step and the Youma gasped to his ineffectual attack. “It is useless. My nervous system has been created to be impervious to anything that could impair or hinder me.”
 
The Youma felt fear at the flat and cold voice and reacted by cunning. He aimed at the ceiling and the explosive substance of his body broke the large ramps of light. Surprised, Rei found herself crushed and immobilized under the mass of falling metal. “I got you now, brat!” The Youma launched his attack to the trapped girl. Rei prepared her last trump card: The hidden laser canon in the wall that would incinerate the Youma…and her…
 
“NNNOOOOO!” Rei gasped as a feminine silhouette suddenly interposed in front of the explosive attack. Shion flew into the arms of the Realian under the blast of the explosion as blood erupted from her shredded back. Her shattered glasses rolled on the floor.
 
Rei's eyes widened. She was an Observation Unit, not a healer. She embraced the mortally wounded woman and stared into the wise green eyes. “Why…?”
 
Shion smiled an almost angelic smile. Her hand rose to the pale cheek and caressed it. “You have better things to do, my daughter.” Her breath became shallow as her life-fluid bled out but her smile never wavered. “Activate Project Kos-Mos and tried to keep a little of me into a little corner of your heart when you will be reborn.” The green eyes began to glaze. “Remember… With your power, you don't have to sacrifice anyone to…” Shion stared into Eternity.
 
Before Rei could do anything, she jerked. The Youma leader had run to her and morphed his arm into a blade. Rei turned her head and stared at the weapon plunged into her kidney. The Youma grinned. “It's the end, brat.”
 
Blood-red eyes stared back. “Yes! It is the end! Twin stars!” The rod burst into golden light and a star appeared at its tip and its hilt. Rei slashed at the monster and her rod seemed to pass through him without damage.
 
The Youma stepped back, releasing the blade from the back on the young girl who immediately began to massively bleed. He stared incredulous the two stars that seemed to float in his being and then met each other. The monster screamed as an intense internal explosion consumed him.
 
The young Realian gasped in pain and began to crawl on the floor. She forced her bleeding and, she could feel it, dying body in the direction of the end of the lab beyond the circle of the thirteen Emulators that continued to hum with incomprehensible power. Her Nano-Repair System had been too taxed by the battle and a trail of blood marked her path as she proceeded to an elongated black metallic covered maintenance bed with the silvered letters `KOS-MOS' and the blood red Ying-Yang-like symbol of Vector Industries.
 
Using the last of the energy brought by the Rejuvenator, she reached the keyboard on the side of the techno-magical sarcophagus and tapped the code of initialization of Project Kos-Mos. “Ye shall be as gods.” There was a hissing sound…
 
A small blonde girl with blue eyes, a simple white dress and a golden cross necklace stood up from the body of Shion and, haloed in a golden light like the “Zohar Emulators”, walked in the direction of the sarcophagus.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Outside the lab, the silver-haired Queen Serenity had witnessed the death of her daughter and of her Kingdom at the hand of Beryl and the Negaforce known as Metallia with horror. Against the advice of her two cat-advisors Luna and Artemis, she pulled out the Ginzuishou and installed it on her sceptre, the Moon Stick. With all her strength, she called out. “Moon Healing, Escalation!”
 
Everything in the Solar System was washed out in the blinding silver radiance of the Ginzuishou. The invading hordes were instantly destroyed and sent back into the Negaverse...for now.
 
Serenity gazed into the artefact. Forged with the secrets of the “Zohar” at the beginning of the Silver Millennium, the crystal remained a mystery even for her bloodline who, alone, could master its power. She had a duty: She knew that Beryl survived and that she will escape with her mistress in the future to ravage anew everything.
 
As she felt her death approaching, the Queen and mother heard a haunting melody in her mind. It was as if the universe itself was singing a requiem for the end of an Era. With her final strength, she sent the Ginzuishou to Earth, the only living planet without the need of the powerful techno-magic of her Kingdom...along with the spirits of Princess Serenity, the Sailor Senshi, and everyone else. Luna and Artemis were put into cold sleep and sent also. Only the body of Queen Serenity remained in the Moon Kingdom...
 
1234567890987654321
 
Time passed…
 
At the end of the twentieth century…
 
Mortally wounded by the last rose of Tuxedo Kamen, Queen Beryl crawled before Metallia. The living embodiment of the Negaforce, Metallia was ready to emerge from her exile and the protective cocoon shattered. The essence of Metallia shouted her joy and absorbed the body of Queen Beryl, crushing the pitiful soul still inside and she departed to the surface.
 
Sailor Moon leaned on the dead body of Tuxedo Kamen as she was going to kiss Mamoru, but didn't in the end: She felt that it wasn't right, since her dear friends, the other Sailor Senshi had died without kissing their boyfriends. Pushed by a greater sense of duty than she imagined, Sailor Moon left the collapsing cavern...
 
Metallia formed a copy of Queen Beryl for her new body, only this body was 10 times larger. As she exulted in her power, she noticed the arrival of the only other living person here. Outside of the entrance to the Dark Kingdom, Metallia and Sailor Moon got ready for their final confrontation...
 
Metallia attacked with a wave of Dark Energy and caught Sailor Moon head on. The attack formed an ice mound like those already serving as markers for the corpses of the other Sailor Senshi. The top of the ice tower burst open and Metallia was confronted with Usagi transformed as the white-dressed golden-haired Princess Serenity, flashing golden crescent on her forehead and the Ginzuishou shining its silver radiance.
 
In Japan, the weather became turbulent and power was draining away. Artemis knew that Metallia had awakened. Luna tried to go to where the Sailor Senshi were, but Artemis stopped her. Luna knew that only the Princess could stop Metallia, but only by using the full power of the Ginzuishou.
 
And if she did, the Princess would die as her mother did so long ago, and Luna didn't want Usagi-Chan to die. Crying, Luna reached the place of the battle with her own power, begging the distant Usagi-Chan not to do it...
 
The two combatants faced each other. Then the Princess activated the power of the Ginzuishou. Metallia counter-attacked, and the power of the Ginzuishou held her off.
 
The entity laughed as she felt the strength of her enemy falling down. Metallia intensified her attack and the protective bubble started shrinking. Princess Serenity couldn't hold on by herself, but she was never alone and she got help...
 
The spirits of the 4 Sailor Senshi joined their Princess and each invoked their power: “Mercury Power…! Mars Power…! Jupiter Power…! Venus Power…! Moon Prism Power!” The forces of Darkness had always laughed on the so-called team spirit of the forces of Light, and here, once again, they were proved wrong.
 
The Ginzuishou threw an energy ball compounded of all the determination of the Sailor Senshi and their Princess at Metallia, completely consuming her. The Serenity-form of Usagi faded away and Sailor Moon collapsed on the ground. Sailor Moon stared up at the sky and whispered her thanks to the souls of her dear loved ones...then she quietly expired...
 
But the mighty artefact, created with the secrets of a truly divine artefact, wasn't finished. The energy ball thrown off by the Ginzuishou kept expanding. It engulfed Sailor Moon's body and the Moon Stick and kept growing. It absorbed the ice tombs and bodies of the 4 Sailor Senshi and still kept growing.
 
All of the underground Dark Kingdom and Mamoru was soon absorbed...and it STILL grew. It encompassed the entire North Pole region and was easily visible from space and the Moon.
 
Usagi's heartfelt wish sounded across the Solar System. She said that all she wanted was her old life back...free of Youmas and power-crystals and destinies...
 
In Japan, power was back on, and life was rapidly becoming normal...
 
1234567890987654321
 
It was the morning. At the Tsukino house, an alarm clock was cheeping. Usagi tried to get back to sleep...then she realized that she was going to be LATE. Her family looked up at the mild earthquake and shook their heads as Usagi zoomed out the door.
 
As she was running to school, Makoto Kino raced past her on her longer legs...she was late too. Raye Hino ignored the crazy schoolgirl racing by the temple and Minako Aino waited for her bus.
 
At school, the scores for the latest test were posted, and Ami Mizuno was number one…again. Usagi and Naru Osaka glared enviously as the quiet girl walked past them.
 
After school, on her way home, a frustrated Usagi threw her test paper over her shoulder, hitting Mamoru Chiba. Embarrassed at her failing grade, she grabbed it back and glared at him.
 
Walking home, she told Naru about a dream... where she met her prince and won him...but it was only a dream...
 
1234567890987654321
 
On the Moon, a small blonde girl with blue eyes appeared in a dark underground lab. Dust was everywhere and nothing was really identifiable under the grey coating.
 
Nephilim turned to an elongated form, her golden cross shining on her simple white dress. “It is time.”
 
Techno-magical generators, asleep for millennia, began to activate. Emergency lights switched on in the lab and air ducts began to recycle the atmosphere. Small fireflies-like robots flew around the gigantic room and cleaned up the massive amount of dust.
 
Rapidly, the lab recovered its pristine nature. The elongated form revealed itself as a metallic black sarcophagus marked by the silvered letters of Kos-Mos and the red symbol of Vector Industries.
 
A small red light began to flash on the lid.
 
Suddenly, the eight main locking clamps of the maintenance bed ejected and a frozen mist began to escape the vents of the sarcophagus. The lid opened revealing a humanoid from obscured by the cooling mist.
 
Then a slender arm emerged from the depth of the techno-magical bed and took hold of the edge of it. Slowly the silhouette sat up on the bed, revealing long light blue hair under a white black-trimmed helmet-like headpiece that covered the eyes.
 
As she rose, the details of her body appeared. She was muscular with nicely developed breast and was apparently 18 years old. She was clad in a very advanced armour that looked like a skin-tight white leotard with white shoulder-protectors jutting from the high of her upper arms and white golden-trimmed thigh-high length boots with high heels. The arms were enclosed in full-length white gloves, except for the right that was black. A fingerless black glove encased the left hand. Surprisingly, there was a black garter on the left thigh and even golden extensions on her back hips that looked like thrusters. A big Cyclops-like lens seemed to stare ominously to the empty lab from the helmet. The words “Kos-Mos” and “Vector” were engraved at the top.
 
In the vision field, of the now standing up, young woman, schematics and diagrams appeared. It was a report on the status of the lab. Most of the equipment was tagged orange, a few components were highlighted in red, but all the vital mechanisms were still green.
 
The mind behind the visor linked with the mainframe of the lab and downloaded by Interconnection all the data accumulated along the millennia.
 
The transmission abruptly ended and the visor opened, revealing blood-red eyes that began to adjust their focusing lenses to the environment.
 
For the first time since her creation, Kos-Mos looked around and spoke with a flat voice. “Primary objective is confirmed. Proceed as planned.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Yes! So, what do you think of this story?
 
I have been forced to use the American version of the name of Rei Hino in order to avoid problems with Rei Ayanami. So Rei Hino will be called Raye Hino.
 
The next chapter will begin during the third season.
 
I have found that the characters began their story in 1992 and they are 14 years old, except for Mamoru who is 18 years old. At the end of the first season, the wish of Usagi actually erased one full year from everybody. So in 1994, beginning of the third season, most of the Sailor Senshi are effectively 15 years old instead of 16.
 
I have also found that Haruka and Michiru are of the same year as the others Sailor even if they are in superior classes.
 
Only Setsuna is three years older than the Inners.
 
Read, review and comment, please. Thank you.