Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Also Sprach Serenity ❯ A premonition of destruction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ALSO SPRACH SERENITY
 
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing in this story.
 
Notes: I must confess that I don't have the anime of Sailor Moon since I found the Manga the best. My chapters are based on the scripts of the episodes and the various fan-fictions existing. And also what I can remember when I watched the series so long ago.
 
Any information and data are welcome.
 
 
Chap 1: A premonition of destruction.
 
 
March 1994
 
Raye Hino opened her eyes on a post-apocalyptic world.
 
The world was lit only by a weird red light and all the buildings were ruined. A cold wind was blowing and the black-haired Miko gasped as she sensed the chill on her skin. Pushed by her instinct, she whirled around and shrieked in dismay as she discovered what happened to the people.
 
Everyone had been turned into statues, including all the Sailor Senshi. A haunting voice sounded in the air. “The Silence is closing in...”
 
Something like a black tornado appeared suddenly and began to tear up the town. Then there was a flash of light in the sky and Raye turned around to see a huge four-pointed crystal.
 
The same haunting voice echoed around her. “Find the Messiah… Please, save them!”
 
The crystal was then split into three parts and disappeared. Raye turned around and screamed as she saw the tornado smashing the petrified Sailor Senshi.
 
“Do not fear, Guardian of the Sacred Flame.” The soft voice inexplicably soothed the frayed nerves of the Japanese priestess. She turned to the voice and blinked. A young girl with long blonde hair and blue eyes was standing before her. She was clad in a simple white dress and a gold cross shone around her neck.
 
Raye cocked her head. “Who are you?”
 
“I am Nephilim.” She pointed behind the teenager. “There are others who can and will help you to prevent this to come.”
 
Raye looked behind her. Standing unaffected by the destruction around them was the featureless black silhouette of a young girl in school uniform and with short hair. Raye blinked as she remarked the shadow behind the young girl. An inverted shadow since it was white in colour and was a featureless armoured and long-haired silhouette. “Who is she?”
 
Nephilim softly answered. “She is the Last Order, the Forgotten One: The one who have been lost to the mists of the long passed past and now she is reborn and answering. Be careful, Princess of Mars…” Raye gasped at that. How can this girl know about this? “She is not ready yet to stand with you against those who are blind and deaf to the truth, but she will help you all as much as she can.”
 
Before Raye could ask anything, the little girl turned her head to her left and cocked her head. “I think you should awake now if you don't want her to drool on you.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Raye woke up and blinked as she saw that, yes, Usagi Tsukino was not only snoring in her ear, but she was using her shoulder as a pillow and was about to drool on her.
 
She sighed with fond exasperation for the blonde girl and gently pushed her on the side. The girls were all at Raye's house studying.
 
Makoto Kino raised an eyebrow seeing the thoughtful look on her friend's face and asked her if something was wrong. Raye managed to smile and said she'd had a strange dream. Makoto frowned. Raye's dreams were rarely `strange' except when they were…prophetic.
 
Yawning, their Princess snatched a cookie. Then Usagi told them about a dream she'd had about eating so much ice cream she had to go to the hospital. She beamed to her sweat-dropping friends. “Isn't that interesting?”
 
Makoto shook her head. “It's interesting, but how did you do on the last test?”
 
Usagi tried to laugh it off. Ami Mizuno frowned and got a very serious look on her face as she turned to her best friend. “Usagi, we're in 3rd year junior high now. It's less then a year until the high school entrance exams.”
 
Usagi, Makoto, Minako Aino and Ami talked and argued about studying some more. Raye just sat there, remembering her dream and seeing them destroyed. She especially remembered the little girl and the featureless young girl with the strange shadow.
 
1234567890987654321
 
The young girl stopped as she observed the school. Juuban Junior High was one of the too many clones of High Schools in Japan and the next step in her mission.
 
She was a very pale young girl and was perhaps a little smaller than Ami. She had unkempt short hair with a light blue colour and under sunglasses her serene blood-red eyes seemed to look at everything. She was clad in a blue-green skirt with a white shirt and red ribbon-tie. In her hand were transfer papers and a sun-umbrella.
 
“So this is the secondary centre of most of their activities.” The young girl spoke with a soft and almost emotionless voice as she detailed the building. “Confirming the lack of any proper defences… Numerous traces of Dark Energy taint… Numerous traces of Senshi Transformation… And faint traces of Attract Inhibitor.” The blue-haired girl cocked her head. “Affirmative: This is the place!” She then entered the facilities and went directly to the Teachers' Room.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In an underground lab, a madman was finishing the last touches to his latest experiment on something that looked like an egg.
 
He was the Professor Tomoe and had sold his soul for an empty dream with an extra-dimensional entity. He called for his assistant, Kaolinite, a woman that promptly appeared by teleportation.
 
Tomoe gesticulated at the “Daimon egg”. It would find a person with a pure heart and steal that pure heart. He and Kaolinite were looking for something called the “Holy Grail”, and in order to find it, they needed the three talismans that were hidden inside pure human hearts.
 
Tomoe laughed as the Daimon egg flew up out of the lab and the pocket dimension where it was localized. He nodded to his assistant. Kaolinite smiled and teleported in order to follow the progress of their little creation. Her lab coat fluttered on the floor as she disappeared.
 
The red-eyed girl stopped suddenly as she exited the Juuban Junior High building. “Detecting Sub-Space perturbations similar to Transfer System… Detecting Dark Energy Patterns.” She turned her gaze to the city. “The enemy is on the move.” She began to promptly walk into the direction of the perturbation.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Usagi looked mournfully to her test: She got a miserable five points on it. The blonde long-haired girl was walking down the street thinking about what her mother and father would say if they saw the test. She especially feared the reaction of Raye. Although she would never acknowledge it, the Priestess' advice and approbation held an enormous importance for her.
 
The Miko in question was walking down the street the other way and was thinking strangely along the same paths as her Princess. The two girls weren't watching where they were going since they were caught in their own thoughts, so they banged their heads together.
 
Usagi actually gulped when she saw who she bumped into. The raven-haired Priestess frowned. She then sighed and helped her friend on her feet. The two girls then went to a water fountain in order to get water for their heads.
 
As they walked in the park, Raye shook her head after seeing the test's result. She stared on the guilty-looking Usagi. “With a score like that, it's no wonder!” She sighed and shrugged. “Oh, well, you've got other good points besides studying.”
 
Usagi blinked. That wasn't like the usual Raye. “Why aren't you scolding me for my bad results? It's not like you?”
 
Raye raised an eyebrow. “Oh?” The teenager then remembered seeing the others Senshi destroyed in her dream. True, she had other preoccupations. She guided her friend to a bench and gazed seriously in her blue eyes. “Usagi, what's your dream for the future?”
 
Usagi blinked at the odd question. They were talking about her scores and Raye's behaviour, right? She shrugged and said she hadn't really thought about it. In a way, the fact that they knew about Crystal Tokyo, had made her less fearful about the future.
 
Rei smirked. This particular future was a long way from now. She gazed on the sky. “I want to be a singer/song writer, a model, a wonderful seiyuu, and then...” She stopped and blushed as her daydream focalised on a very particular subject.
 
Usagi smiled and urged her best friend. “And then?”
 
Raye hit Usagi on the back for her impatience. “Well, the wife of someone I love!” She sighed. “Usagi, you're going to marry Mamoru some day, right?”
 
Usagi blushed. “It's embarrassing.” However, she could understand that her friends wanted to feel what she felt herself. After all, Raye dated even her Mamoru for a time.
 
Raye pointed to her friend's test. “With that kind of test score, it's embarrassing for Mamoru-san, too! Well, studying isn't everything.” The violet-eyed girl began to walk off and smiled to the blue-eyed Princess. “Stay cheerful Usagi; that's the most important thing.”
 
Usagi sighed as she thought about what her friend had said. A little smile danced on her lips. Sometimes Raye said mean things, but inside she really cared about people.
 
1234567890987654321
 
At the Hikawa Shrine, a drama was setting up. The Daimon egg went into one of the trees under the watchful eye of Kaolinite. The techno-sorceress smirked as her trap was ready. “The person with a pure heart should appear soon.” She blinked as she sensed something like that entering her perception: Raye had just arrived and came up the steps of the temple.
 
The light blue-haired girl arrived in the vicinity of the Shrine. “Dark patterns confirmed on main Silver Millennium locus… One level 1 threat and one level 5 threat…” She frowned. “I must hurry.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Usagi was sitting down on the bench, looking at her test and sighed. “Raye-Chan was right. If Mamo-Chan sees this he'll say...”
 
“That's awful.” The dark-haired young man had come up behind his girlfriend and surprised her. Usagi jumped up and yelled in fright. Mamoru looked at her like he was very disappointed.
 
Usagi looked away and crumpled up her test. “I know, I know. I will make some effort in my studies. I was just going to go study with the others.”
 
Mamoru nodded and handed her backpack. “Then I'll have to go without dating you a while. Do your best!” Usagi started crying as he walked away. How could he be so cruel to her?
 
1234567890987654321
 
Raye was meditating in front of the Sacred Flame of the temple, clad in her Miko robes. She was focusing her Ki on the fire and was trying to find out what her dream had meant. She sighed in frustration as she couldn't feel anything. The only concrete things she had were the silhouette of a small short-haired schoolgirl and the name of what she suspected was a Kami in disguise: Nephilim.
 
She went outside and got a fortune paper from the booth. She blinked and frowned at the prediction: `All is not what it seemed. Allies could be your enemies and enemies could be your friends. Beware of false omens.'
 
It wasn't a very good prediction, so she went to tie the fortune to the sacred tree. “If something bad happens, please let the others be happy.” She then blinked as her senses reacted. The nauseous psychic stench of evil froze her blood.
 
Under her horrified eyes, the tree transformed into a humanoid monster. Like many of the Youmas and Youma-like minions they fought in the past, it had a vaguely female form and followed a theme. The Daimon screamed her name. “Mikuuji!” She seemed made of various implements proper to fortune-telling and temple-decorations.
 
At the beginning of the stairs of the Shrine, the mysterious girl froze in place. “Warning, threat level 1 had transformed into a level 3 threat!”
 
Raye snarled and ran off to lead the Daimon away from her grandfather and Yuuichirou. She felt lucky that they weren't other innocent bystanders on the temple ground.
 
Raye managed to lead the monster away and pulled out her Transformation Pen. But Mikuuji sensed that it was something that could help her and knocked it away. Using her impressive strength, she stuck the disarmed Priestess to a wall.
 
Kaolinite then appeared and Raye gasped as she sensed that this woman was more powerful than the monster. The assistant of Professor Tomoe smirked. “Now it is only a question of time.” She smiled wickedly at the young girl. “If this person doesn't have a talisman…” She shrugged. “We just have to try someone else.”
 
Raye blinked. `A talisman? What are they talking about?' Mikuuji pulled open her top and started to extract Raye's heart crystal with the dark beam from her black star-mark. The Miko screamed as she felt her very soul and life-energy forced out of her body.
 
Hidden in a nearby bush, the red-eyed girl had recuperated the Transformation Pen. She examined the device in her hand. “Standard Transformation Pen for Guardian Mars…” She stared at the struggling young girl clad in Miko robes. “I found one of the Inners.” Her gaze hardened. “She's in danger and I can't intervene!”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Usagi arrived at the shrine and was about to take the stairs when she changed her mind. She turned around. “It's better to go on a date with Mamoru, after all.”
 
It was then that her black cat Luna jumped on her head and gazed furiously with her reddish eyes. “No, you promised the others! If you don't...” She held her paw and threatened Usagi with her claws. The screams of Raye then reached them.
 
Alarmed, Usagi and Luna came running up and saw Raye screaming in pain under the dark beam of Mikuuji. Determined to help her friend, Usagi reached for her brooch and transformed.
 
The red eyes of the young girl widened as the waves of the transformation washed over her position. “Princess Serenity…?” However, she blinked when she saw the blonde reincarnation jumping in. “A second-stage Senshi transformation…?”
 
Sailor Moon made her standard gestures of introduction. “Stop! I won't forgive you for hurting my pure- hearted friend!”
 
Mikuuji closed her top and smirked to the Senshi. “So, you're after pure hearts too?” She suddenly grabbed Usagi with her hair that looked like a shrine bell-rope and threw her against the wall, stunning the young warrior.
 
The blue-haired girl frowned. “She's not battle-trained. I must prepare for intervention.” She blinked as she sensed some persons approaching.
 
Ami, Makoto, and Minako rushed in, guided by the noises of the fight. They gasped as they took in the situation and reached for their Transformation Pens. They were about to transform, but Mikuuji was much faster than any normal human. She shot fortune-telling sticks at them from a case on her back and trapped them against some trees.
 
The red eyes focused on the devices on the ground. “Confirming Transformation Pens for Guardians Mercury, Jupiter and Venus… All the Inners are accounted for… The situation is becoming critical…”
 
The white cat Artemis and the black cat Luna arrived at that and gasped. Their senses were almost overloaded by the Dark Energy of the Daimon. “Oh NO! She is much stronger than all our previous enemies!”
 
The pale girl's eyes expressed incredulity. “The Royal Advisors…? They're still alive…?” Her eyes narrowed. “Cold stasis after-effects detected…” She blinked again as she sensed others presences.
 
Mikuuji looked at Sailor Moon and prepared to kill her. A red rose suddenly pinned the Daimon on the ground and aborted her attack on the Moon Senshi. Then Tuxedo Kamen appeared and encouraged Sailor Moon to attack.
 
Using the diversion, Sailor Moon launched the preparation of the “Moon Princess Halation” attack but Mikuuji threw a spiral of fortune-telling papers and knocked the Moon Rod out of her hands.
 
The Daimon rushed and grabbed the disarmed Sailor Moon. She stuck her against a tree and bit her brooch, sensing that it was the source of the powers of the Senshi. The Ginzuishou stopped glowing under the attack and Sailor Moon's transformation reversed, leaving the bewildered schoolgirl defenceless.
 
The hidden young girl tensed then relaxed. “The Ginzuishou is intact, only the Power Interface is damaged.”
 
Mikuuji launched herself in the air and took out Tuxedo Kamen with her fortune-telling sticks. She laughed. “All the problems are taken care of.” She turned to the still stuck Miko and finished extracting her heart under the dismayed gaze of her friends.
 
The blue-haired girl blinked and frowned in a certain direction. “Anomaly… What are they waiting for?”
 
Under the dark beam was formed a four-pointed shining crystal. Raye collapsed, her eyes empty, as the materialization of her soul and life-force was extracted.
 
Usagi stared at Raye, remembering what they'd talked about earlier about the future. “No… No…! NO! Give Raye her heart BACK!”
 
Mikuuji laughed as she held the precious crystal. “Certainly not, little girl. I'm going to give this to Kaolinite.” She blinked as she heard a rumble in the background.
 
Suddenly an orange comet of energy hit the Daimon and penetrated her defences. Then an aquamarine sphere hit her from the same direction and she seemed submerged. She turned back into the tree.
 
The red-eyed girl nodded as her senses confirmed the dispersion of the Dark Energy: The Daimon egg came out of the tree and broke in two.
 
The sticks and stuff holding the girls disappeared. Extremely worried, they quickly gathered around the non-responding Raye and tried to wake her up.
 
Up in a tree, two dark silhouettes were studying the heart crystal. One of them shook her head. “It isn't a talisman.” She tossed it down but failed to remark a pale hand snatching it before it touched the ground.
 
The blue-haired girl gazed an instant into the Heart Crystal and then put it on the Transformation Pen. She then manipulated and twisted some parts of the pen and it launched by itself from her hands towards Raye. The crystal dissolved in her chest and Raye woke up as it went back inside her body. The Transformation Pen regained the subspace pocket of the Senshi of Mars. Usagi was so happy her friend was back that she started crying.
 
Artemis and Luna saw the two people jump down out of the tree and run off. They looked to each other and silently asked themselves who they were.
 
Kaolinite had teleported back in the lab and sighed to the Professor Tomoe. “The heart crystal wasn't a talisman.” She frowned. “But there was some unexpected resistance.”
 
Usagi looked up from her rapidly recuperating best friend and frowned. “It looks like this is the beginning of a new battle...”
 
After everybody departed from the battleground, the mysterious girl got up from her bush. “Guardians Uranus and Neptune at second-stage Senshi transformation…” Her eyes narrowed. “Why didn't they intervene…?” She turned towards the Shrine. “Confirming one active Attract Inhibitor…” She shook her head. “There are too many variables and contradictions: Priority remains to observation and gathering of resources.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: Hum… I'm not very satisfied with this chapter. I don't know. It seems that I missed a little something.
 
Oh well, I'm sure the next chapters will be better, especially if I receive some reviews and constructive comments.
 
Read and review, please.