Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Also Sprach Serenity ❯ New Transformation and New Transfer Student ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ALSO SPRACH SERENITY
 
Disclaimer: I own absolutely nothing in this story.
 
Notes: Sorry for the delay. I am in a period of massive loss of energy. Probably a Youma…
 
 
Chap 2: New transformation and new transfer student.
 
 
Raye Hino blinked, confused, at her friend Ami Mizuno. “What do you mean by “I have been helped”?”
 
The Senshi of Ice and Wisdom looked from the screen of her Mercury Computer. The two girls were in the bedroom of Raye and the blue-haired girl had just performed a scan of the Miko to ensure she had properly recovered from her ordeal against the new sort of monster from yesterday. She was so far ahead in her studies that she had taken on herself to come and see how Raye was.
 
Ami consulted the results from her scan again. “According to my computer, the stress of having this `Heart Crystal' pulled out of you should have let you drained for a minimum of three days.”
 
Raye blinked again. “Ami. I feel perfectly right.” True, she could have gone to school this morning.
 
The young girl nodded and showed the Mars Transformation Pen. “This is because your `Heart Crystal' has been returned to you through your Mars Pen. In effect, this has `smoothed' the trauma of having it taken and returned to you.”
 
Raye examined her pen. “Well, we already knew that those were useful for other things than transforming.”
 
Ami shook her head. “You don't understand. This is not a normal function of the pen.” She pointed at her computer. “According to my scan, your pen has been `manipulated' by someone to perform this action.”
 
Raye's eyes widened. “What?!”
 
Ami nodded. “Someone, who knows more about those pens, helped your recovery by activating a previously unknown and hidden function.”
 
Raye was flabbergasted. “But who…? I mean… There was nobody else at the fight but us. And who, besides us, know about the functions of our pens?”
 
Ami gazed into her friend's eyes. “That's the question, isn't it?”
 
Raye frowned and then suddenly remembered her dream and the warning of the mysterious Nephilim. `“There are others who can and will help you to prevent this to come.”' She turned to Ami. “I think you should keep an eye open for future new transfer students.” She pursued as the Senshi of Ice raised an eyebrow. “I am pretty sure that `someone' will come or has already come.”
 
1234567890987654321
 
At Juuban Junior High, a second year teacher was drawing characters on the blackboard. “Well, children. Today we're welcoming a new transfer student. So let's give a warm hello to Rei Ayanami.”
 
The young girl was a rather curious sight for the class. She was a little small with a very pale skin. She had unkempt short light blue hair and blood red eyes. Curiously, many thought that the Juuban school uniform wasn't adapted to her and that she should wear another type of school uniform. She bowed. “Hello, I am Rei Ayanami. I am pleased to meet you.” Her voice was soft without intonation, almost emotionless.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In his dark underground laboratory, the professor Tomoe called Kaolinite to come forward.
 
The professor began to question his redheaded assistant. “What is our ultimate purpose as the Death Busters?”
 
Kaolinite promptly answered. “Find the Sacred Chalice, and conquer the world.”
 
Well, there was more than that. In order for them to find the Sacred Chalice, they must first find something called the 3 talismans.
 
The 3 talismans were sealed inside pure Heart Crystals within 3 chosen individuals. For that purpose, the professor had created a large numbers of Daimon eggs.
 
Now, a new one quietly flew out of the underground lab to seek another possessor of a pure heart...
 
At Juuban High, Rei stopped taking notes in class and whirled to the window. Her red eyes narrowed. `Sub-space perturbations identical to yesterday incursion… Dark Energy pattern identical to monster larva-stage…'
 
1234567890987654321
 
Locked into a nightmare, Usagi saw herself losing her transformation ability as the Ginzuishou, the Silver Crystal lost its power. Shattered by the loss of her precious heirloom, she fell on her knees. Ami, Raye, Makoto Kino, and Minako Aino suddenly appeared in front of her.
 
Ami sighed. “You're getting too tired from all the studying.”
 
Makoto nodded. “You have been working too hard.”
 
Minako cocked her head. “Or maybe you haven't been having enough afternoon naps.”
 
Raye shrugged. “Maybe it's the time for you to retire now.”
 
Raye's comment really angered Usagi. Still locked in her dream, she grabbed her cat Luna and tried to choke her, thinking she was strangling the black-haired Miko. Luna immediately put Usagi back to her senses by repeatedly slapping Usagi's face with her paw. Usagi woke up under the pain and blushed as she realized what she was doing.
 
After Usagi achieved to wake up, she told Luna that she was afraid the Silver Crystal might have lost its power forever. Tears shone in her blue eyes as she gazed on the fissured brooch. She shook her head. She didn't know what she was supposed to do if she couldn't transform anymore.
 
The Royal Advisor comforted the blonde girl and told her that everything was going to be all right. Usagi bit her lower lip as she didn't seem to be too assured. Luna suggested her charge to go and talk to Mamoru.
 
As she exited her house, Usagi failed to notice the small silhouette following her.
 
1234567890987654321
 
In the park, Usagi told Mamoru about her dream. Mamoru stood and thought silently about it. He needed to boost the confidence of his love. Suddenly, something occurred to him. He smiled and turned to her. “I have something to show you.”
 
Mamoru brought Usagi to an old, run-down, and abandoned mansion. The couple went into the garden of the house through a big hole on the wall.
 
Usagi turned to Mamoru. “Should we really be doing that?”
 
Mamoru smiled. “Probably not.”
 
While Usagi wondered why Mamoru would bring her to a place like that, she suddenly thought that Mamoru brought her there so they can be alone. She turned shyly to her soulmate. “We don't have to come all the way to a place like this if you just want us to be alone.”
 
Mamoru shook his head as he searched for something in the background. “Don't get any wrong ideas.”
 
Usagi closed her eyes, expecting Mamoru to kiss her. Instead, Mamoru held up a brown kitten to Usagi's face and the kitten licked Usagi's face.
 
The young girl jerked back in surprise but she immediately became very delighted to see the kitten and began to pet it. Mamoru explained to her that the abandoned house was where all the straying cats were staying.
 
Usagi giggled at the antics of the feline and named the kitten Cha-Chan because the kitten was brown. The blonde girl looked to the mansion and decided to go into the actual house to take a look at the other cats.
 
Hidden in a tree, the silhouette stalking Usagi since her departure from her House was revealed as Rei. The young blue-haired girl observed with attention her Princess. “No threats detected so far…” She blinked. “Multiples life-forces in the mansion… I need to close by.” With a prodigious agility, Rei jumped stealthily into the house.
 
Inside the house, a small girl was feeding all the cats. Usagi's voice caught her by surprise. “You've been feeding these kittens?”
 
The young girl stood up. “Who's that?”
 
Usagi appeared, smiling, in the Sailor Moon pose: left hand over her waist, and right hand making a horizontal "V" over her left eye. “A friend of justice.”
 
Then Mamoru came in with a friendly smile too. Mamoru handed Usagi a pouch of cat food then they both walked to the little girl and started feeding the cats too.
 
The little girl presented herself as Miharu and told Usagi and Mamoru that the house will be torn down very soon. She sighed as she was worried about where those cats were supposed to go after the house was torn down.
 
Usagi thought about this and decided that she would do something to look after the cats. Mamoru was rather amazed by how fast Usagi seemed to have forgotten all her anxieties but he felt that it hardly mattered as long as Usagi was happy.
 
On the floor above them, Rei sweat-dropped as she continued her careful observation: She had been undetected by the Princess so far but she hadn't count on the others residents of the abandoned house.
 
A group of cats seemed to find something irresistible in the pale girl. She was almost covered by cats and kittens. With some hesitation, the red-eyed girl had begun to imitate Usagi and Miharu and lightly pet the felines.
 
Soon, she blinked as all the cats around and on her purred in visible pleasure under her ministrations. Almost shyly, she reached in her pockets and fed them with the high-energy bars she conserved for emergency. The ghost of a smile blossomed on her lips. “Why are you so at ease with me? I'm not really human...”
 
She suddenly tensed and most of the cats reacted the same. Her eyes narrowed as she focused in a direction. “Warning! Larva-stage monster has fused with inorganic object.”
 
And yes, the Daimon egg had drifted into a bedroom and fused itself into a jigsaw puzzle with a picture of a cat on it.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Over at Raye's Hikawa Shrine, Usagi told her four friends about the cats and asked them to take at least one each.
 
Minako sighed as she was the first to decline, saying that looking after Artemis is already a big enough of a problem for her. The white cat protested over this gross exaggeration because it was rather the contrary with him looking after the blonde girl. Reddening, Minako silenced him quickly.
 
Raye shook her head but was forced to decline too. She took her broom and hit a nearby tree. A flock of birds flew out of the tree. Raye sighed but firmly said that she couldn't keep any cat because she had so many birds at home. The others sweat-dropped and looked at each other: They were having problems trying to figure out what kind of excuse that was.
 
Makoto followed. “Well, I live alone, so I don't think I know how to look after a cat...”
 
Usagi turned to her last friend with a pleading gaze, but Ami said that she was too busy studying for tests, so she couldn't afford to divert her attention and energy to look after a cat.
 
Usagi complained that everyone only cared about themselves. So Raye asked pointedly why Usagi wasn't keeping any of the cats herself.
 
The blonde girl chuckled. “Well...I can barely afford to keep a big-eater like Luna at home...”
 
The black cat began to protest but Ami quickly stuffed a sandwich into Luna's mouth. Ami then suggested that they could take a bit more time to find owners for these cats and they all agreed.
 
Hidden in a nearby bush, Rei agreed with the blue-haired genius. “You are correct, guardian Mercury. Finding owners for those cats is a priority…” She sweat-dropped as she looked down around her: The cats of the mansion seemed to have followed her. “My operative cover is in jeopardy…” She seemed to think about something. “However, my social cover has been reinforced at my apartment… Curious…”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Miharu returned home with a couple of kittens following her. She tried to get the kitten to leave, but she couldn't force herself to do that. Sighing, she decided she would just keep those two kittens in her room until her mother came home and tried to convince her that she could care for them.
 
She opened the door to her room, and the 2 kitten sprang into her room. One jumped onto her desk and broke apart a few pieces of the jigsaw on her desk. As soon as Miharu put the first piece back light came out of the puzzle.
 
Rei's eyes widened as the resonance of the transformation reached her. “Active level 3 threat detected at…Miharu's address?” She turned to the group of friends. “I must warn them without blowing my cover, but how…?” She considered her options. She could contact the Mercury Computer but it would leave a trace. She needed an intermediary that couldn't be traced to her.
 
A cat purred on her lap and she blinked as she considered the felines. “Yes… It could work since they know about Miharu.” She quickly donned a white pair of Interconnection Nerve clip. “Initializing short range Encephalon Dive… Feline brain template… Initiate!”
 
For a few seconds her clips shone and hummed. The eyes of Rei became empty of everything and the cats around her stiffened as if they were hearing something.
 
Screaming her name, the Daimon “Nekonelle” formed from the puzzle pieces. She looked like a cat-girl with red eyes, black hair and purple fur with patches of black, white, and yellow.
 
Nekonelle attacked Miharu with her retractile claws, but Miharu managed to get away and ran out of her room. Nekonelle smiled. Her prey seemed to have good reflexes. She caught Miharu by the neck with her tail.
 
Although almost paralyzed by terror, Miharu kept her wits. She reached and slammed the door shut on the tail. The end part of the tail came off and broke up into puzzle pieces again after falling onto the floor. Miharu ran out of the house.
 
Nekonelle shrugged. Physical damage meant little for her. She slowly walked out of the room, and the puzzle pieces attached to her tail again. She licked her chops: The prey was as amusing as a mouse.
 
Miharu ran to the abandoned house and hide there with the two kittens. She knew the inside of the old mansion and thought she could safely hide in it. She gasped as she heard a cat's growl outside and saw Nekonelle looking at her from outside the window...
 
1234567890987654321
 
Meanwhile, Usagi and the other four were just outside the house playing with the kittens. Raye was starting to think about keeping a cat for herself.
 
Usagi smiled as she saw the tempted Miko. “You should just keep a bunch instead of just one, you know.”
 
Makoto sighed and shook her head. “This is not a clearance sale.”
 
Cornered by the Daimon, Miharu screamed for help inside the house. Usagi and her friends couldn't hear the scream because of the distance and the walls of the mansion.
 
It was then that Rei's cats and the kittens around the Senshi seemed to have heard it and ran inside the house. Perplexed by those reactions, Usagi and the rest followed the cats into the house. Having taken a new hidden post of observation, Rei nodded as her plan functioned.
 
In the house, Daimon “Nekonelle” was extracting the Heart Crystal from a screaming Miharu with a beam of black energy emitted from the star-shaped mark on her left thigh.
 
Furious that their kind food-provider was attacked, the cats charged in, temporarily distracted the Daimon and providing time for the five friends to arrive at the scene.
 
Usagi immediately tried to transform but the Silver Crystal hadn't regained its power yet. Rei frowned. “Why didn't she repair the Interface Unit?”
 
The other four immediately transformed. Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter combined the “Burning Mandala” and the “Sparkling Wide Pressure”.
 
Nekonelle smirked and backhanded the combined attack. To the dismay of everybody, the attack was completely reflected back and stroke all four of them down, including the cats that had tried to help.
 
Courageously, Usagi charged toward the Daimon but only to be helplessly thrown against a wall. Rei blinked. “I do not understand… They are all at second-stage… They shouldn't have that difficulty against a level 3 threat.” Her red eyes narrowed. “And why are those two doing that?”
 
Nekonelle finished extracting the Heart Crystal, but the Daimon was immediately hit by a yellow and a blue energy ball, and torn into pieces.
 
Two silhouettes in a Sailor uniform appeared and took the Heart Crystal. After a quick examination, they came to the conclusion that it was not a talisman, so they let it go and start to walk out. Rei scowled and jumped from her post.
 
The Daimon started to revive as the puzzle pieces that constituted it reassembled.
 
“Wait!” Minako tried to stop the two mysterious figures. “The enemy isn't completely destroyed yet! If you two are Senshi like us, then fight together with us!”
 
The reply from the two mysterious girls was cold.
 
“Make no mistake about it.”
 
“Finding the talisman is the only thing we care about.”
 
“You have to look after your own problems.”
 
The two silhouettes faded into the sunlight from the outside and disappeared.
 
Distracted by the callousness of the two girls, the Senshi missed the complete recovery of the Daimon. Using the opportunity, Nekonelle used her tails and started throwing the four Senshi against the walls.
 
The Daimon's tails started to attack Usagi as she tried to cover the still unresponsive Miharu. The tail caught her around the neck and began to squeeze.
 
A single stem of red rose slashed the tail and Usagi broke free. Tuxedo Kamen appeared to the relief of the young girl and jumped down onto the floor from a window high up in the room.
 
The Daimon attacked him but his cane extended and pin the Daimon against the wall. The Daimon smiled and broke the cane with her immense strength.
 
She jumped toward Usagi and Mamoru and attacked them with her razor-sharp claws. Mamoru covered Usagi and got severely hurt. Despite his wounds, he threw a rose at the Daimon's face and momentarily stunned Nekonelle.
 
Mamoru told Usagi to run away but Usagi refused. The Princess put her hands in Mamoru's and gazed into his eyes. “I want to stay with everyone else, even if I remain a normal schoolgirl.”
 
The Daimon jumped toward them again. “Cosmic Flip!” A giant golden star literally caught Nekonelle on the shin like an uppercut, threw her back and shattered her into pieces on a wall.
 
Usagi and Mamoru turned in the direction of the voice. Hidden by the shadows of the darkened room and using the body of Miharu as visual cover, Rei achieved to gently replace the Heart Crystal of the little girl.
 
The couple could only discern that the silhouette was feminine and clad in a short black dress with a white trim. Some symbols on the dress seemed to call back the memories of their past lives. A pair of white Interconnection Nerve Clip shone in her hair and a soft voice reached their ears. “Imperial Override… Access code Zulu Omega Hotel Alpha Romeo… Release all limiters on Second-Stage Senshi form of Princess Serenity… Execute!”
 
A powerful light came out of Usagi and Mamoru's hands. The Ginzuishou reacted to the orders it received and used the energy that its wielder and her soulmate provided. In the light, the Spiral Heart Moon Rod appeared and Usagi's brooch transformed into a heart-shaped brooch with a heart-shaped crystal in it: The Cosmic Heart Compact.
 
Nekonelle revived again. With the new brooch, Usagi transformed and focused on her new weapon. The Daimon rushed to the Moon Senshi with claws extended. Sailor Moon unleashed her new power. “Moon Spiral Heart Attack!”
 
Nekonelle blinked for a fraction of second as a nine foot giant pink crystal heart hit her. “Lovely!” The Dark Energy that maintained her existence was completely dispersed.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Later, Usagi and her friends were looking at the cats in the garden of the abandoned mansion again.
 
Ami sighed as she consulted her Mercury Computer. She didn't find any traces about the three mysterious girls. The intensity of the new power of Usagi had shambled everything. Too bad since many things about the girl that helped them and Miharu had awaken echoes in the fragments of her past life's memories.
 
Makoto turned to Usagi. “We still have to find some owners for these cats.”
 
Usagi smiled. “I have already found owners for them.” The others all look surprised. The blonde girl giggled. “Raye keeps five, Minako-Chan and Ami-Chan keeps two each, and Mako-Chan can take one.”
 
Raye sighed and palmed her face. “We've already told you we can't keep these cats!”
 
After thinking about it briefly, Usagi suddenly came up with the “brilliant idea” of bringing all those cats to the Animal Kingdom.
 
Raye narrowed her eyes on her best friend. “How come you couldn't come up with this idea earlier?”
 
Usagi sweat-dropped and searched for support with her other friends, but all the others stared at her with a rather displeased look. Usagi started running...
 
Another ghost smile danced on the lips of the hidden Rei. The fighting spirit of her Princess had been restored. She frowned as she remembered the earlier fight. “All the Senshi, the Princess and Endymion are fighting at less than their full power level… It's a Major Anomaly… Guardian Uranus and Neptune are neglecting their duties for unknown reasons and it should be impossible… The enemy is researching the Talismans… The threat level is nearing maximum level… There is still too little data but the partial breaking of my cover was worth it… I will continue on those parameters.”
 
A cat suddenly landed on her head. She sighed and looked at the dozen of cats around her. “I will continue as soon as I can bring all of them to the Animal Kingdom.” She blinked as she gazed into the smug eyes of many of the felines. “Why do I have the impression that it's not going to be that easy…?”
 
1234567890987654321
 
Read, review and comment, please. Thank you.