Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Destinies! ❯ Prelude Two: Sailor Moon meets Sailor V! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prelude Two: Meetings- Sailor V and Sailor Moon

Sailor V looked down in a certain amount of pity at the young girl who was cowering in the corner just below them. 'And now," she relayed to Artemis, "she's bawling."

Sailor Moon began to cry loudly, and the gems in her hair pieces activated, a sudden wave of force driving the Negaverse controlled zombies backward for a moment.

"Not bad," Artemis noted. He looked up at Minako adding, "You didn't do that much better when you started out."

"I don't remember bawling," Sailor V said to him with as much dignity as she could muster.

"Good point," Artemis acknowledged. The white cat frowned, "Shouldn't we go down there and save her?"

"Probably," Sailor V sighed, but she hesitated. "She's going to have to be able to deal with this eventually," she mused, "or we're all in trouble." She frowned deeply in thought, then a slow smile appeared on her face.

"I know that look," Artemis whimpered.

Sailor V stood, letting the moon light her up and cast her shadow into the room below. Sailor Moon looked up and her eyes widened even as Sailor V loudly declared, "Don't give up, Sailor Moon, You can do this!"

Sailor Moon clasped her hands in front of her, big hearts in her eyes as she cried out happily, "It's Sailor V!"

"Looks like I have a fan," Sailor V smirked.

"Don't let it go to your head," Artemis muttered.

Sailor V just decided not to answer that, instead she jumped down to stand by Sailor Moon's side. She took the girl's hand in her own, and then gently pulled her up to her feet. "Are you all right?" she asked her.

"I am now," Sailor Moon managed.

"Venus Crescent Beam Smash!" Sailor V cried, using her beam to drive the zombies back again. "Oh no," she said dramatically, "my beam won't effect the leader!"

"Ham," Artemis muttered.

"Sailor Moon," Sailor V turned to her, "you must help me!"

"But," Sailor Moon looked at her wide eyed, "I'm just..."

"Please, Sailor Moon," Sailor V asked passionately. 'Come on, you can do this,' Sailor V urged her silently.

The blond haired girl straightened up, her shoulders going back. Sailor Moon looked down at Luna, "Tell me what to do."

"Hold your tiara in your hand, and say 'Moon Tiara Magic,' Sailor Moon," Luna quickly instructed her. The little black cat looked oddly at Sailor V and Artemis, muttering under her breath, "What are you doing here?"

"Moon Tiara Magic!" Sailor Moon cried out, and her tiara turned into a glowing disk, that she threw at the leader of the zombies. Engulfed in shining radiance, the creature crumbled to moon dust.

"You did it, Sailor Moon," Luna smiled.

"Thanks to Sailor V," Sailor Moon murmured, noticing that the heroine was gone. She looked around wildly, "Where did she go?"

Sailor V stood in the window, smiling down at Sailor Moon fondly. "We will met again," she declared, and was gone into the night. "Sooner than you think," she murmured to Artemis as they bounded across the rooftops together.

"So you still want to..." Artemis started.

"I think so," Sailor V said with a smile. She suddenly laughed softly, "I can't wait to see the look on her face!"

"I'd still like to know who phoned you to let you know she was in trouble," Artemis mused.

Sailor V thought of the mysterious Senshi she had met in London, and just smiled.
Usagi Tsukino put her head on her desk tiredly.

"I had a dream last night that I was rescued by a beautiful warrior," one girl exclaimed.

"No way," Naru gasped, "I had the very same dream."

Usagi looked up at them tiredly, "I didn't get much sleep last night. Could you keep it down, I'm gonna have a nap."

There was a disturbance at the front of the classroom, and they could see Ms. Haruna talking to a police officer. They actually looked alike as they bent their heads together, talking intensely. Ms. Haruna frowned, speaking softly, then she finally nodded slowly.

"Usagi?" Ms. Haruna called.

Quite reluctantly Usagi made her way to the front of the class. The police officer smiled, like she was greatly amused by something. "Yes, Ms. Haruna?" Usagi asked.

Throwing the police officer a frown, Ms. Haruna said, "You need to go with her. She promised me," and with that she glared at the officer, "that you're not in trouble."

The brown hared police officer smiled at Usagi, "Don't worry, I'll try to have you back before your classes end."

'Miss classes for the day?' Usagi thought with a smile. "Sure, I'd be glad to go," she said, going back to get her schoolbag.

The woman led her outside, to a quite official looking squad car. Usagi moved to get in the back, but with a smile the officer said, "You can ride in the passenger's side."

"Wow," Usagi murmured, looking at the dashboard covered with electronics. The car smoothly slid out into traffic, the officer driving expertly. "So, what did you want to see me about?" Usagi asked, feeling just a bit nervous.

She kept her eyes focused on the road as the officer said, "We just wanted to talk to you about what happened last night."

Usagi's eyes got very wide as she squeaked out, "What happened last night?" She shook her head, trying to sound innocent, "I'm not sure what you're talking about."

The officer actually chuckled softly as they pulled to a stop in front of a residence in the middle of town. She got out, then opened Usagi's door with a smile, "Come with me." She took her police hat off, and strangely looked much friendlier as she led Usagi to the door.

She rang the doorbell, and it was quickly answered. The woman who opened the door was gorgeous, but she frowned when she saw Usagi's worried expression. "Natsuna, what have you been telling her?" she demanded.

"Nothing, Minako," Natsuna defended herself, "just that we wanted to talk to her."

From around the blonde haired women's legs a white cat stuck it's head out. "Is Luna with you?" Artemis asked curiously.

Usagi's eyes went wide as she looked at Minako in shock. "Sailor V?" she asked softly.

Minako smoothly drew the white mask from her pocket, setting it in front of her eyes for a moment in confirmation.

Usagi swayed for a moment, then she bonelessly fell backward. She was lucky Natsuna was standing right behind her, or she might have been hurt. "Got her," Natsuna picked her up and carried her inside to a couch.

"Guess the last day or so, plus the surprise were a bit too much for her," Minako sighed, kneeling down beside the blonde girl.

"I shouldn't have had so much fun with this," Natsuna sighed.

There was a rustling, and both of them turned to see Usagi's schoolbag moving around under it's own power. Finally, Luna jumped out of the bag, hissing and spitting angrily at all three of them, but especially at Minako.

Once she calmed down enough to speak, Luna snarled out, "I would have thought that the commander of the Senshi would have had more sense." She paused, "We weren't even supposed to meet this soon, I haven't even had a chance to train her."

"Sorry, Luna," Artemis walked over to her cautiously as he continued, "but the circumstances have changed."

The two cats circled each other cautiously, tails twitching. "What do you mean?' Luna asked. She frowned at Natsuna, "And who, exactly, is this?"

There was a soft groan, and they turned to see Usagi stirring on the couch. Suddenly, her eyes popped open and she sat up, "Sailor V?!"

"Guilty," Minako smiled, reaching over to steady Usagi, "are you all right?"

"I think so," Usagi managed, looking around her in surprise. She noticed Natsuna standing nearby, "I thought those stories that you worked for the police were just a rumor."

"Work with," Natsuna smiled, "not for." She sat down in a chair nearby Usagi, "I'm sorry for letting you be surprised like that."

Usagi sighed softly, looking around her curiously. "Who are you?" she asked plaintively.

"Minako Aino," Minako smiled and bowed, then she waved, "Natsuna Sakurada, and the cat's name is Artemis."

"What did you mean," Luna said crossly, "the situation has changed?"

Artemis took up that question, "The Negaverse is back, and they somehow were able to launch a pre-emptive strike."

"The Senshi?" Luna asked softly.

"Physically, they're all right," Minako quickly reassured her, "but somehow their powers have been blocked off."

"And you know this how?" Luna asked suspiciously.

Minako sighed softly. 'What do I say, I got a phone call from a mysterious, but very reliable source? I'm so sure she'll buy that,' she thought ruefully. "You'll just have to trust me on that," is what she decided to say.

"Of course we'll trust you," Usagi beamed at her happily. Luna sighed softly.

Natsuna put her police hat back on, squaring her shoulders. "I've got to get back to work," she said as she walked to the door. She paused to kiss Minako on the cheek, then smiled, "It's been nice to meet you, Usagi." With that, she was gone.

"Is she... trustworthy?" Luna finally had to ask.

Minako smiled, "I'd trust her with my life." A pause, and softly she added, "I've already trusted her with my heart." She turned to see Luna blush a bit, and Usagi looking like she had missed something. 'I'll tell her later,' Minako decided.

"So we're the only ones fighting against the Negaverse?" Usagi asked quietly.

Minako could see that it scared Usagi, that idea. In her, it was merely exciting. "I'm glad to have your help," Minako smiled at her gently, "and we're not alone. Luna, Artemis and Natsuna will do all they can, I'm sure."

"And we don't know if the Senshi will stay blocked," Artemis volunteered. "I doubt that the Negaverse can keep them sealed up forever," he said confidently.

"But we can't rely on that," Usagi said thoughtfuly. She got up to stand by Minako's side, smiling up at her bravely as she said, "I'll do all I can."

'She's sharper than she looks,' Minako thought with a smile. "I'm sure you'll do your best," she said, not adding, 'I just hope it's enough.'