Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Destinies! ❯ Prelude Three: Sailor Moon meets Ami Mizuno ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prelude Three: Meetings- Sailor Moon + Ami Mizuno

Ami struggled to get free of the grip on her head, even as the creature scowled down at her. "Why can't I drain your energy?" she complained bitterly. She casually tossed Ami aside, "You're no use to me."

Ami watched the creature attacking Sailor Moon, flinging paper sharpened like blades at the young heroine. 'I've got to help her,' she looked around her wildly.

"I hate tests," Sailor Moon wailed, sprawling to dodge yet another attack.

"Get up," Luna urged her.

"Eeep!" Sailor Moon barely ducked another sheet. "I'm a little busy just dodging," she scowled at Luna.

Ami sighed softly even as she thought, 'I can't believe I'm doing this.' With a mighty swing she brought the computer keyboard down on the transformed teacher's head, sending her crashing to the ground. "Now Sailor Moon," Ami cried.

"Moon Tiara Magic!" Sailor Moon cried out, hurling her tiara at the stunned villainess. In a flash of light, she was a pile of moon dust. Sailor Moon returned her tiara to it's rightful place and smiled at Ami, "Nicely done."

"Have we met before?" Ami peered at Sailor Moon and Luna thoughtfully, "You both look sort of familiar, somehow."

"No, no, sorry, I must have that kind of face," Sailor Moon sweatdropped, bolting from the room at top speed.

Ami watched her go, shaking her head. She guided the recovered students outside, then considered calling her mother for a ride home.

"Ami," Usagi cried, running down the sidewalk towards her. She tripped on a crack in the pavement, skinning her knees and breaking out in tears, "Whaa!"

Ami just had to smile, "Are you all right?" She took Usagi's elbow, gently pulling her up to her feet when the light hit the blonde girl's face just right. It was like a revelation struck her. 'She's Sailor Moon,' Ami looked at her in shock.

"I'm all right," Usagi brushed off her legs mournfully. She noticed Ami's odd expression, "What's wrong? Did I get something on my face?"

"No, I just got distracted," Ami blushed.

Usagi and Ami talked for a while, even as she looked at her and wondered how she could be so very sure. But she was, somehow. Even stranger, once they split up, Ami felt compelled to follow her. She saw Usagi walk for a bit, then a sports car pulled up. A woman who was so attractive she had to be a model opened the passenger side door, Usagi climbed in, and they were gone.

"Curiouser and curiouser," Ami murmured.

Minako smiled across the seat at Usagi, "Not bad." She drove with skill, part of her attention on the road, the rest on her passenger, "But I'd like to see what else we can do with your tiara. I don't like the fact that once you throw it, you're defenseless."

Usagi looked over at her in surprise, "You saw?"

"I was watching from outside, just in case," Minako shrugged. She frowned, "I'll let you and Luna into the house, then I have to go pick up Natsuna. We'll be right back, OK?"

"That's fine," Usagi smiled. Minako smoothly pulled in front of the house, got out, and led Usagi to the door.

"Is Artemis home?" Luna asked suddenly, her tail flicking back and forth.

"Yes," Minako looked over at Luna thoughtfully. She unlocked the door and Artemis greeted Luna happily, the two walking off together, tails swaying. "What's with them?" Minako frowned.

Usagi shrugged, "She's been twitchy all day." Minako took off, and Usagi settled down on the couch to wait.

Natsuna came down the steps of the police station and smiled on seeing Minako waiting there. "Thanks, love," Natsuna bent over to give her a gentle kiss.

A group of passing officers hooted and howled, and Minako yelled good naturedly, "Don't you have anything better to do?"

They drove home talking quietly. "So has Usagi figured out yet that we're more than just friends?" Natsuna asked.

Minako shrugged, "I'm not sure." A soft sigh, "And I'm not entirely sure if I should just tell her or not."

"She's a good kid," Natsuna noted even as they pulled in front of their house.

Minako pulled the front door open, and froze. "Do you hear that?" she asked.

Muffled, as if the voices had passed through several closed doors, "Yes! Yes! Oh, harder, harder!"

Minako and Natsuna looked at each other, wide eyed. "You don't think she found a naughty videotape, or something?" Natsuna asked.

"We'd better find out," Minako sighed. They headed for the living room, where they found a very uncomfortable looking Usagi sitting on the couch, blushing furiously.

'Whew, at least the VCR is off,' Natsuna thought, feeling a bit relieved. "What is that?" she asked aloud.

"They're in there," Usagi pointed to the next room. Minako thought that if Usagi blushed any harder, she'd probably faint.

Minako opened the door, Natsuna looking over her shoulder, then just as quickly shut it. "Luna and Artemis?" she squeaked.

Natsuna had an odd look on her face as she slowly said, "I guess Moon Kingdom cats can go into heat, too."

"Could we go for a walk or something?" Usagi asked faintly, even as they could hear the two cats starting up again.

"Good idea," Minako, also a bit pale, agreed.

It was warm, the summer sun beating down on them. Natsuna looked over at Usagi and asked gently, "Are you all right?"

"I'm sorry, I..." Usagi started to say.

"I didn't know they would do that," Minako was blushing, "so I don't see how you could have." She laughed softly, "I wonder how long they'll be at it?"

Natsuna shook her head, "Well, if they're not done by the time we get back, I'll dump cold water on them."

Usagi had to smile at that mental image.

"There's something I wanted to tell you," Minako smiled at her, "about me and Natsuna."

"You're lovers," Usagi shrugged. Both Minako and Natsuna stopped cold. Usagi looked at them, "What? It's not that hard to tell."

Natsuna chuckled softly, and Minako made a mental note to try not to underestimate Usagi again. "You're taking it well," Natsuna teased her gently.

"And I was worried," Minako sighed.

"You two look happy together," Usagi blushed, "and that's the only important thing."

'She really is wiser than she seems,' Natsuna thought.

"Have you two been to the Crown before?" Usagi asked. She sighed, "There's the cutest guy working there, Andrew."

'On the other hand, she's still a teenager,' Natsuna grinned. "Let's go then," she laughed.

"You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream," Minako and Usagi sang together.