Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Destinies! ❯ Author's Notes ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: this story is not entirely my fault, just mostly. ^_^ ;;

I was reading a Setsuna story over on www.Dreiser.net, called "Time Waits", where as an aside the idea of an alternate world's Rei becoming Tuxedo Kamen and then winning Usagi was mentioned. I really liked that idea, so I sort of filed it away in part of my brain until I had a story line that could fit it, and here you go.

It also derives from a really, really bad "Molly becomes Tuxedo Mask" story that I wrote when I was much younger and had little or no taste! I've posted that as "Before Altered Destinies" for the amusement value. ^_^

The story for "Secret of Tuxedo Kamen!" is based loosely around the Sailor Moon R movie, with some changes. The "loneliness" theme of the movie really didn't work so well here, so I just kinda dropped it...

A very astute reader (Dreiser herself, actually) asked me what happened to the Outers in my world. I'm addressing that a bit in Part One, chapter two, and also in the interlude "Now and then" as well as in Part Two, "Cold Snap!"

So why did I only feature Sailor Moon, Sailor V, and Tuxedo Kamen to start with? It had to be an AU fiction anyway, so why not play around a bit with the mix of characters. Yes, indeed, I happily killed Endymion/ Darrien off, mostly because cape boy really, really irritates me. Sorry, but I just can't seem to help it.

In this alternate history, Sailor V likely stayed an active super hero, and didn't drop out of sight like she did before the start of the Sailor Moon series. She started her career at around 13 years old and first met Sailor Pluto when she was 15 years old. At the beginning of "Secret" she's older than Usagi, about 25 years old, and is in a married relationship with Sakurada Natsuna, who she first met in the series "Codename: Sailor V", and whom later turned up in the early episodes of Sailor Moon. They probably got 'married' and moved in together when Minako was 18 years old. See my "Codename Sailor V" Prelude chapter for more details on that part of her life.

Jad (a.k.a. Jedite), likely stepped too near the sacred fire over at Rei's shrine and the kami of the place did the rest. Sailor Pluto and the Moonlight Knight also wiped out most of the old Generals in the first Interlude story "Now and Then."

So why did Sailor Pluto allow the "power loss" to occur in Rei, Ami, and Makoto? Because any alternative she foresaw was likely worse. Allow them to lose their powers or they would end up dead, probably. My favorite bit in the first interlude is when Pluto marches into Beryl's headquarters to bargain with her. It's just such a "Puu" thing to do...

Cold Snap!: After ripping off Sailor Moon R for my first series, I decided to use the Sailor Moon S movie as the basis for my second storyline. An "Outers meets Inners" story, with bits from the TV series as well. The arcade sequence is from the show, with some tweaking on my part. The Rei/Usagi romance continues onward, with a few speed bumps tossed in. When I first saw the Sailor Moon S Movie, I noticed there was a strong resemblance between the man who saves Luna from a car crash and Haruka, so I decided to combine their roles, sort of.

I'll be leaving some plot threads open to continue into volume three, which I'm planning to call "The Timelost". As you can probably guess, Chibi- Usa and Hotaru will be making an appearance. I'm also planing another 'Outers' adventure based around the Heart Snatchers...

The Heart Snatchers episode: the Outers have always been shown as being more ruthless than Sailor Moon, so I thought I'd touch on that. The idea of them so efficiently stopping Prof. Tomoe is realistic, I think, though you'd never see it in the anime. The season would have ended far too soon! The three Talismans summoning Sailor Saturn is taken from the manga, not the anime series.

The Timelost!: My twist on the original Chibi-Usa storyline. It always struck me as strange that the Senshi of time didn't play a larger role in that story, like stopping the bad guys from time traveling, so I thought I'd touch on that. Introducing Nemesis explained all that nicely, I thought. Also wanted to deal with the Outers being active in the future. The idea of Chibi-Usa coming about because of a creative use of the disguise pen is not my idea, instead I swiped it from one of any number of different lemons I've ran into.

The Preludes: They started when I wanted to do a Sailor V story about her and Natsuna, but I couldn't see where to fit it in a "flashback" sequence. So why not do a special prelude episode? Then the idea of doing a comic take on Sailor Moon's first episode hit me, and I was off. Most of the material in the Preludes is derived from the first season episodes, working from the assumption that only Sailor Moon and Sailor V had powers.

So am I planning to continue the series? Well, yes and no. I don't plan on doing any more of the big four part story arcs again, but I might have a few one shots or two parters to do. The Outers: 'House Hunting' story is the first of these mini-stories.

'Meet the Parents' comes from a little throwaway comment in an earlier episode. Rei had mentioned to Usagi that her Grandfather knew that she was gay, and that he wanted to meet Rei's girlfriend. Mix that with the Ami/Makoto romance, and a chapter was born!

I don't know how realistic Ami's Mom taking Ami being gay was, honestly. We see very little of Dr. Mizuno is the series, so I don't think I'm violating any of her appearances. My take on her is probably also influenced by Crawlspace's fic, "Cruelty and Fairness of Fate."

Author's Notes: Found this on my hard drive recently. This is my first version of the 'Tuxedo Mask possesses someone to save Sailor Moon' story, from when I was a big fan of the English dub. My first impulse was just to erase it, but instead I'm putting this up for the amusement value, as well as an example on how a fairly lame story can still have a few good ideas in it. I hope you find some enjoyment in it.

It's set at the end of the Doom Tree storyline...



Sailor Moon: Altered Destinies Version 0.1

"I am dying, Sailor Moon" the Moonlight Knight gasped, his body begining to dissolve into white light, "and Darien is too far away to join us together. I must find another..." In a moment, he had dissolved into sparkling light and was gone.

In the hallway, Molly ran towards the disturbance, having seen her friend Serena go into the building. As she neared the door she was engulfed in the shining light." You," she heard in her mind, a warm, kind voice "you too care for her. Take my power and protect her ,for all our tomorrows..." and then she fell to the ground unconscious.



Breaking up with Melvin had been hard, but with everything that had been going on lately, she didn't see much choice. The blackouts had been bad enough, but the dreams she was having had really took the cake. In her dreams she was male! And romancing Serena! Not too mention the dreams of a vaguely European world where she danced with Serena's look alike. In comparison, it was as if all she had felt for Melvin had been a pale shadow.

As Molly walked by the video store, she saw the TV report on Sailor Moon's new ally, the tuxedo dressed heroine, and felt a strange recognition...

Suddenly, Molly felt like she was going to have a blackout again, but this time she fought the sensation! She struggled on until the feelings changed, and a crystalline clarity washed over her. She knew, now, what had happened: she was now Sailor Moon's protector as Tuxedo Mask, the reborn prince, and had also inherited the feelings and affections of her past self.

Molly ducked into a deserted alley and willed the change, feeling her clothes shift and flow into a form fitting tuxedo, cape and mask, then she leapt across the rooftops. From then, it was like she was in a dream, casting the roses at her foes, using her speed and strength to buy Sailor Moon time to strike their enemy down.

"Who are you?" Sailor Moon asked, grabbing Tuxedo Mask by the arm. Molly was surprised Sailor Moon didn't recognize her, and even more surprised to realize she knew who Sailor Moon and friends were.

"This isn't the best place to discuss it, Sailor Moon." Tuxedo Mask answered her calmly. "Follow me, and I'll tell you." Pulling free, she led them a merry chase across the city rooftops, finally stopping in the small forest behind Raye's temple.

"Why did you pick here to talk?" Sailor Moon asked, looking very nervous. Molly smiled mysteriously as her cape flowing around her in the breeze, letting them sweat for a moment, then relented. Closing her eyes, she allowed the transformation to was over her again. "Molly?!" Sailor Moon cried out, shocked.

Molly laughed softly, answering "It's good to see you too, Serena. Hi Lita, Mina, Amy and Raye. Before you all panic, there's a good reason that I know who you all are." Then, Molly quietly explained what had happened to her. After mulling it over, the Scouts returned to normal and headed into the temple to talk.

Mina looked speculatively at Molly and asked, "You have Tuxedo Masks powers and memories right?" Molly nodded in answer, and Mina continued, "Did you get anything else from him?" with a slightly evil smile. Molly blushed brightly and Mina realized she had hit pay dirt.



The other scouts noticed as well and were all paying very close attention, except for Amy, who looked slightly embarrassed. Molly looked at the eager girls and sighed, resigned. "Yes," Molly admitted, "I also seem to have his feelings, but I have absolutely no plans to act on 'em." Raye looked almost sympathetic, and the others provided their consolations, all except Serena, who was giving Molly the oddest look. A short time later, after Serena had gone out for some air, Molly followed her outside. "Serena, it's all right," Molly said, "things don't have to be different between us." Serena looked at her with a very anguished expression, and Molly held her close. "I'm sorry," Molly said with a choked voice, "I'll leave you alone."

Serena stopped her, and looked up into her eyes as she said, "Darien and I broke up for good a few weeks ago, and now I look at you, and see how much of what I loved was the Prince, Tuxedo Mask. The way you move, the toss of you head, the attitude, it's all there, and I don't have the slightest idea what to do about it." Molly smiled down to her, tempted to take advantage, but she stopped herself.

"Serena," she said, "this isn't the time for you to make any decisions. You've just had a shock and need time to deal with it. Heck, I'm still trying to deal with it!" she said with a smile. "You're my friend, and I don't want to do anything to change that."