Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Alternate Destiny ❯ Clearing Things Up ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part 7-Clearing Things Up

*****

Three months after Serena arrived in Napa, Harmony and Serena sat in the café, waiting for Amara, Vicki, Michelle, and Susan. So far, none of them hadn't seen hide nor hair of the Generals or their allies. Enjoying their milkshakes, they glanced out the window and nearly choked at what they saw.

They saw Kunzite, Zoisite, Nephlite, and Jeadite, along with four other downright gorgeous men. They were heading for the café as well. In fact, they were already at the door, cutting off any means of escape.

In their terror, Harmony and Serena sank down in their seats, silently screaming for the Outers to get there soon. But despite their lengths to draw as little attention as possible, the eight men came over to their table.

For a moment, they just stared at each other. Finally, Kunzite spoke, "Princess, Lady, it is good to see you again."

Putting up an ice-cold air, Serena stired her milkshake and anwered, "Lord Kunzite."

Harmony's eyes opened wide at being called 'Lady,' and she turned back to Serena in wonderment. Serena, after a moment, said, "Well, you're drawing attention to all of us. Pull up some chairs and speak your mind."

Warily, the men did as they were told. Once they were all seated, they fell into an embarrassed silence. Serena merely watched them with one eye, letting them squirm.

Finally, Jeadite started, "We came here to speak to you, Your Highness. To speak the truth."

"You always have been more level-headed than your guardians. Thats why we came to you when they weren't around," added Zoisite.

"Not that it was easy," muttered Nephlite, "They seemed to be everywhere."

Serena raised an eyebrow and began to answer when she was interrupted by gasps from behind the guys. Everyone at the table turned to the sound.

Standing there were the four Outer Warriors, all of them with murdeous expressions on their faces. The eight men visibly gulped at the sight. Serena and Harmony, on the other hand, just smiled wryly.

Before the Outer Guard could rip them apart in front of the entire café, Serena held up a hand and told everyone, "I suggest we take this conversation to the park. More private and, should this come to blows, more open." Leaving a tip and the money for the milkshakes, Serena walked out the door. Shaking their heads in wonder, everyone else followed.

In confusion, Amara demanded through their link, //Princess! What is going on here? They could have killed you and Harmony!//

//Highly doubtful,// Serena calmly sent back, //They obviously did not want to make a scene. Hold your temper's, girls, we will hear them out before we make any decisions. Plus, I am curious as to who the other four are. Be patient.//

Everyone was silent on the way to the park. Harmony and the Outer Warriors had drawn into a tight circle around Serena, watching the men's every move. When they finally arrived in a private grove, Serena sat down on a tall rock. The five other girls surrounded her, looking like a judge and jury.

The four unknown men stepped back to allow the generals to speak their minds. Much to everyone's surprise, the four men knelt before Serena.

"Princess Serenity of the Moon," intoned Kunzite, "after much searching, we have finally found you here. We have come here... to seek forgiveness."

Serena stared down at the four men, allowing them to continue.

Zoisite continued, "We were brainwashed by Beryl into thinking that we were her battle generals. Following that train of thought, we were ordered to attack Earth and the Moon."

"Because of our weak minds," Jeadite added, keeping the story going, "Our actions not only cost us our homes, but the lives of everyone we cared about. Our Prince, your guardians, and you, Princess."

Finally Nephlite ended the story, "But out of the kindness of her heart, your mother, Queen Serenity, allowed us to be reborn into the future as well. She sent everyone, including Beryl. She was then again seduced by the Negaforce and we were forced into service once again."

"We were only freed of our prisons recently. By what or whom, we do not know," Kunzite said.

Harmony, Vicki, Amara, Michelle, and Susan stared down at them, curious. Finally they turned to Serena. Her face held no expression. Serena continued to stare down at them.

Abruptly, she rose and walked forward. The Outers tensed slightly, ready to spring into action at the slightest provication.

Quietly, Serena commanded, "Rise Generals."

With military presision, they did as they were told. Serena stared up at each of them before returning to her stone seat. Seating herself, she gave her verdict, "Generals Kunzite, Zoisite, Jeadite, and Nephlite, you have inflicted many hardships on the people close to me. Nevertheless, it is clear to us now that it was not done intentionally, and you were forced to do so against your will. I, Princess Serenity of the Moon, hereby grant you full pardons."

Breaking out into grins, they bowed and stepped back. Smiling at them, Serena jumped off of her stone and turned to the other four men, asking curiously, "And just who are you?"

Bowing at the waist, the one with gray hair said, "Princess Serenity, we are the Lunar Admirals. During the Silver Millennium, the Outer Guard were responsible for all threats that came from the outside of the Solar System, the Inner Guard were responsible for the protection of the Lunar Royal Family, while we were responsible for all threats that came from within. I am Caladan, the First Lunar Admiral."

A red-haired man stepped forward next, "I am Lucas Your Highness, the Third Lunar Admiral. It is a pleasure to see you again." With that, he stepped back quietly.

With a big grin, a black haired man that slightly resembled Darien came up to her and kissed her hand galantly like they did in the days of old, "I am Kennedy, the Fourth Lunar Admiral. I can't believe I am actually seeing you again, Little Lady Princess."

The edge of her lips curving up into an amused smirk, Serena withdrew her hand and turned to the last man, a blonde haired youth. He stepped up to her with an unreadable look. Abruptly, he picked Serena up and twirled her around. "Hello Rennie, long time no see! Its me, Anthony, your cousin! I'm your Fifth Lunar Admiral!" With that, he set Serena down, and she took a deep breath to settle her frayed nerves.

"Well Anthony," she said breathlessly, "Next time you do that, give me a little leeway. I really don't want to have a heart attack!"

Everyone broke into grins, even the stoic Outers. As the quiet laughter died down, Harmony asked, "Caladan-"

"Please Lady Harmony," he interrupted with a gentle smile, "Call me Cal."

"Cal," she continued with a nod, "You said that you were the First Lunar Admiral. Lucas is the Third, Kennedy is the Fourth, and Anthony is the Fifth. But that leaves out the Second Lunar Admiral. Who is he?"

The four men glanced at one another. Finally, Lucas answered, "The Second Lunar Admiral is Christopher. To know about all that, we'd have to explain just how the eight of us found one another. Would you like to hear all of this?"

Curious, the women nodded.

Nodding, Lucas gestured for them to sit and began the story that had begun to unfold just five months ago.

**********
End Part 7-Clearing Things Up