Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Angel Standing By ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







ASBpro



Hiya! Ok, I know, I know, I'm suppose to be working on three other stories. And I am! Well, sort of... I just got out of my writers block, started this and a GW/SM fic, and I'm also working on 'Dire World'. I'm having a lot of fun with that one! Anyhoo, this is a very unique plot. I think you'll like it! And this is a Vegeta/Serena fic, BUT EVEN IF IT'S NOT YOUR FAVORITE COUPLE DOESN'T MEAN YOU WON'T LIKE IT!

Disclaimer: insert ridiculous and/or humerous monolog with standard disclaimer included here.




Angel Standing By




Prologue

Serena sighed as she looked out her window at the pouring rain. She sat on pillow-covered stools and a chair by her balcony window, making a sort of window seat. She leaned up against the window, drawing her blanket closer to her. She had been sick that day. The fact that it was a school day didn't make her happy; in fact, she was miserable. She didn't know why exactly, but there was an aching in her heart that she couldn't explain.
At 17, Serena had greatly matured, at least in most people's point of view. To Luna and the outers, she had matured a little. That was because she had never been the ditz, airhead, and a klutz like she had seemed to be. It was all an act, an attempt to have a normal life and be carefree. An attempt to forget her role as princess and future queen; a burden, pressing down on her every second. It was an act to seem happy. For the most part, she had fairly happy, but not nearly as happy as she had seemed. It was also so that enemies wouldn't know her to be the princess. You might think that that didn't work very well because all the main enemies either knew or found out, but many others hadn't even come to earth, most not knowing she was even alive. If they did, she would be in serious trouble.
Laziness? Well what do you expect when you go to bed at midnight and have to wake up at six on school days? Six hours is NOT enough for a teenager. Teenagers need the most sleep; from ten to twelve hours. Besides, using all the energy in fights really drained her, though mostly it wouldn't effect her until she was asleep. It was a special spell so that she wouldn't be bothered by it if she had to fight again. She fought more than the other soldiers; at least once a day, sometimes twice. The others only knew of one every week. Most were random monsters drawn to Tokyo because of the senshi. She also did crime fighting, but wouldn't let herself be seen, because if the others knew she would be questioned, and at this point she knew they wouldn't believe her if she told them.
Maybe that was why she was depressed; all the secrets she held from her friends. Or maybe it was her 'love life.' She mentally added the quotation marks. Love indeed. It was destiny maybe, but not love. Maybe it was before, but in this life it was only remembering old feelings, and then duty. What was so great about Crystal Tokyo anyway? She loved Rini, but Rini would be born in an alternate timeline if she wasn't born here. Serena knew she didn't love Darien, and knew he felt the same way.
She moaned as she suddenly got a fierce ache in her head. "Too much thinking," she mumbled. She got of the stools and staggered to her bed, trying to control the dizziness and keep the contents of her stomach down. She flipped off the lamp as she climbed into bed and sighed. The only thing worse than feeling like this was feeling like this all alone. Her mother and father were away for a week, and she was watching over Sammy. When she had gotten sick the night before, she arranged to have Sammy stay at a friends house until she got better. Luna was with Artemis at the time gates. Because they were currently cats, they couldn't have their own house or go on real dates. Setsuna had offered to let them stay at the time gates from time to time. They had their own little space that had an illusion to look like whatever they wanted, and they were finally able to pursue their relationship. The last time they had gone, Luna had come back as giddy as a school girl and promptly sat Serena down and told her every detail of what they had done. It was very cute. They had gone fishing together, floated out into the middle of the lake on a little boat together, and all sorts of romantic and fun stuff.
Serena sighed again. At least Luna was having fun. Her vision was becoming a little hazy, so she squeezed her eyes shut and opened that again. All that managed to do was make her head hurt worse. The room spinning didn't help much, so she closed her eyes and attempted to soothe her rolling stomach through the vertigo. It didn't do any good, and she had to roll over to the edge of the bed where a bucket sat.
A few minutes later she felt better, but not much. She rinsed her mouth out with water from a glass on her bedside table, feeling to weak to go to the bathroom. She wished for the tenth time that one of her friends was their. Unfortunately, they were all busy. Setsuna was at the time gates, of course, and the other outers were in England where Michiru was performing. Mina was at model tryouts, Amy was with her mother at a medical conference, Lita was giving a cooking seminar at the school, and Raye was watching the shrine while her Grampa and Chad were on some sort of spiritual trip. It was up in the mountains, and Raye had wanted to come too, but they said it was a male only trip. Raye hadn't been happy when a day after they had left she had found out that there was a major resort where they were headed. Skiing, hot springs, fancy hotel, the works. She had taken up Voodoo dolls for a few days, even though she had never believed in them.
Serena finally fell into a restless sleep.

About ten minutes later, a figure came in through her window. It went over to Serena's bed and stood beside it, looking at Serena for a moment. Serena moaned in her sleep, and the figure gently rested a hand on her forehead. She calmed down and finally began to sleep peacefully. At the same time, her high fever was going down. After a few moments the figure lifted its hand, the last of Serena's fever fading. The figure brought it's hand down to lightly caress Serena's cheek. It kissed her forehead, and had disappeared out the window in an instant. Serena gave a small smile in her sleep.

END PROLOGUE

********************************************************* *

AN: Ok, I've already started chapter one. But since there are a lot of stories I am working on and I keep switching back and forth, it might not be done for awhile. But you can check out my other stories! PLEASE REVIEW!! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S ONE WORD, JUST PLEASE REVIEW!!! I DON'T EVEN CARE IF YOU SIGN IN OR NOT!!!!! PLEASE?!?!?!?