Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Black Tide ❯ The Sleeper Awakes ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

BLACK TIDE

Chapter 1 - The Sleeper Awakes

AN: Hey, Shottsy here! I've teamed up with Tramie to write this Sailor Moon fanfic. Hope you like it and don't forget to review at the end! Thanks.

Disclaimer: We don't own sailor moon, fortunately for us we do own saibor Toon, which isn't really important.

Summary:

When Serena and Darien finally find out each others identity, Serena is captured by the Negaverse. As Darien mopes around uselessly, Serena is being brainwashed. She must now capture each of the Sailor Scouts and steal their heart crystals. Darien must learn new attacks so he can save his Princess. Will Donkey Beryl allow him to succeed?

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Anything in Italics is part of a dream or flashback.

Anything in '...' is someone's thoughts.

Anything in "..." is someone speaking.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

The figure moved swiftly through the night, it was hunting. Hunting for what, it didn't know exactly what, it just knew it had to find it. It stalked towards the park it's steps so graceful they were barely grazing the ground. A satisfied look resided on its face when it reached what it was looking for. " Excuse me", its voice was soft and silky, "is this seat taken?"

The young man looked at her; "No, you can sit here if you'd like", he didn't really understand why it wished to sit down next to him.

" Darien I wanted to talk to you about something". ' Good', it thought, as it's prey took the bait,

"Serena what could we possibly talk about?"

An evil smirk appeared on Serena's face " How about you dying!" She grabbed her knife and shoved it roughly through his chest. Serena jolted from her sleep, her chest was heaving as she tried to catch her breath.

She held a hand to her forehead and stayed like that until her breathing became even again. Once her heart was at its normal pace, she went downstairs to the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. She took a seat at the kitchen table and stared blankly at the wall. 'What was that about?' She couldn't understand why she had such a violent dream. Even though she hated Darien for his rude comments and constant insults, she would never have hurt him in such a way. The dream, no nightmare, didn't make sense. 'Maybe I should phone Raye. She knows all about dreams and what they are supposed to mean.' Serena got up and placed her glass in the sink.

She walked over to her phone on the wall, and looked at it for a second. Then she decided it would be better if she used the in her bedroom, in case one of her parents came down and heard her conversation. She didn't really want her mother asking her what she was doing and especially why she had a dream about her killing Darien. Serena walked quietly up the stairs, trying not to wake her mother up. She looked at her room; Luna was still curled up in a ball at the edge of her bed. Serena took her receiver and went into the bathroom. She didn't want to worry Luna over what was happening.

"Hello", a groggy voice said on the other end of the line. Unmistakably it was that of Raye's.

"Raye its Serena", she replied, then ran her hand through her hair.

"Serena do you know what time it is?" Serena glanced at her clock, noticing that it was 2:30 in the morning. "Serena what is it", Raye suddenly spoke up, panic rising. "Is there something wrong?"

"No Raye nothings wrong… At least I don't think so", she paused nervously and rubbed her eyes, "I'm just confused".

Raye's voice reflected that she was now wide awake, "Serena tell me what is going on."

Serena described her dream to Raye, telling her about every detail, hoping that she could shed some light on her situation. "You had a dream that you killed Darien? Was there any kind of symbol; something small that had more meaning?"

Serena had tears softly running down her cheeks, "The scary part of the dream was that I wanted to kill. I really wanted to kill him."

If Serena had been at Raye's temple she would have seen the worried look on Raye's face, "Serena I'm going to consult the fire. Try to get some more sleep, I'll talk to you in the morning."

"Oh, and Raye", she said, "Could you please not tell the others?"

"Sure Serena", then Raye hung up her end of the line.

Serena hung up her phone and walked over to her bed. She slowly slid into her covers and pulled them up to her chin. Luna subconsciously snuggled closer to her. She tried to shut her eyes and let sleep come to her, but her mind was racing a mile a minute. 'What does it all mean?' She asked herself.

The next morning Serena, as usual, rushed out onto the street trying at make it to school on time. Running around the corner, she bumped into something. "Hey meatball head watch where you're going!" She looked into the face of Darien and quickly picked up her papers, muttered sorry and rushed off in the other direction. 'I wonder what's wrong with her.' Darien asked himself.

School was over and after Serena had finished serving her detention, she made her way over to the temple. Raye stood at the steps waiting for her. "Hey Serena", Raye greeted her in a casual manner. "Follow me", she opened the door to the room with the fire, she sat on the floor and Serena followed her lead.

"Raye can you tell me anything about the dream?" Serena asked impatiently.

"It keeps telling me riddles. I think that it means that danger is lurking, but that perhaps it could be passed." Raye seemed just as puzzled by the dream as Serena. "Or" Raye offered, "It could just be a dream, and it doesn't mean a thing."

"I hope so Raye, I hope so." Serena sat down quietly beside Raye, who was already in front of the fire with her eyes closed. She mumbled a few words and the colour of the fire changed slightly.

"What's going on?" Serena whispered, but Raye did not answer. Her focus was only on the fire in front of her. She stayed still and quiet for several minutes and then suddenly stood up.

"What's wrong? What did you see?" Serena jumped up beside her and waited impatiently for an answer.

"Nothing. It... It was just a dream. Nothing to worry about." Raye let out a nervous laugh and patted Serena on the back. "See? You were just worrying about nothing!"

~And we are ending there! How did you like the first chapter? Was it good? Bad? Please tell us in a review! Thanks.~