Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ Familair ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.
'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.


Bluff Master
chapter eight
- Familiar -


Mamoru was sitting behind his desk, looking down at a few papers Rei had brought him earlier that day. Outside it was already getting dark but it didn't seem to stop him. Somehow he had to read these files before going home for the night. He yawned a few times before looking up from the file he was reading to look at the clock across the room. It was already past ten in the evening.

Another yawn escaped his lips. Maybe it was about time to go home now. Slowly he picked up the files and put them in the top drawer. And just when he was about to get up the door opened, revealing a blonde girl. ''Good evening Mamoru.'' She whispered.

A smile appeared on his lips. This was surely unexpected. ''Good evening Minako.'' He replied. He wasn't really aware of what she was doing here but he assumed it was important. Ever since she had left the agency she hadn't put a foot in this building again. ''This surely is an unexpected time, how did you come pass the security.''

''I lifted my top and the fainted. Bloody noses included.'' Minako said sarcastically before holding up a pass. ''I never threw this away. I thought it might come in handy.'' Mamoru smiled a bit upon seeing the pass she was holding. It was proof that she belonged, or in her case, used to belong to the agency.

''Smart.'' He commented. ''I guess you're here to tell me I'd better stop this whole 'con the president' thing.'' It wasn't a real question, more likely a statement.

Minako shook her head. ''I know you too well Mamoru. You would never back down. I came here for a different reason.''

''You want me to pull Haruka out of this con?'' Another guess.

''No,'' Minako paused for a moment. The man in front of her was annoying her with his lousy guesses. He always thought he knew everything. ''I wanted to ask,'' There was another pause. ''Why is Haruka in hospital? Is this part of your script or....''

''H-hospital?'' Mamoru repeated, obviously in shock. ''What the hell are you talking about?!''

The blonde was taken aback by this. ''You, didn't...know?''

The other shook his head, opening a second drawer and pulling a thick file out of it. He sighed before opening it. He looked down at it for a couple of moment. Neither of them said a word. Minako just kept waiting for the answer. She knew exactly what that file in Mamoru's hands was. It was the con file. The whole written script. The whole con from A to Z.

Finally he looked up again, his eyes meeting those of Minako. ''Where did you say Haruka was again?''
------

Slowly she turned the water off again, staring up at the mirror in front of her. She didn't know what to think anymore. Haruka was pretty predictable but she wasn't quite sure of what Haruka was going to do now. She had never seen Haruka in a situation she thought she was going to die. Sometimes she wondered if this was the best way to get back at Haruka but on the other hand so far everything had gone as planned.

Makoto smiled a bit when Ami entered the restroom. ''You know Ami,'' She paused for a moment, making sure she had Ami's attention. ''You'd make a good bluff Master. If you didn't hate the job so much.''

''I guess.'' Ami replied. ''I heard you're stopping anyway, is that right?''

The brunette nodded. ''Yeps. I am going to find myself a normal job. Maybe I'll keep cooking food for the president. It pays well. And the extra's aren't that bad either.'' With that she winked at the blue haired girl. It was obvious she was refering to Ami when she mentioned certain 'extras'.

''You know Makoto.'' Ami paused for a moment. ''I feel bad for Haruka. She seems to be the only one who's really busy with conning the president.''

Makoto laughed. ''I know. But don't forget about Mamoru, Usagi and Rei. They're still waiting for their two million dollars as well.'' Ami didn't say anything. Instead of that she just kept her mouth shut and started to walk towards the door again. She didn't know what it exactly was that was bothering her but being with Makoto, talking again, it just made her feel uncomfortable but good at the same time.

----

''I am fine.'' Haruka hissed, pushing about the nurse who was trying to help her. Usually she would just let the woman do what she was suppossed to do or flirt with her but not now. She wanted to get out of this place as soon as possible. ''I just want to get back to working again.'' After all, she still had a con to complete.

''Lay down Ms. Ten'oh.'' The nurse begged her patient. ''You're not ok. You need to lay down and wait until we've contacted the docters in America. You can't just fly there you know. You'll need an appointment and docter's approval.''

Before Haruka could reply anything the door opened, revealing an aqua haired girl. ''Please, could you leave us alone for a while?''

The nurse seemed to hesitate for a moment but when she recognized the smaller girl as the president's daughter she nodded. The last thing she wanted now was to lose her job over some stubborn blonde. With that she walked towards the room, giving Michiru a stern look before walking out of it, leaving the two woman behind. ''H-how, are you feeling?'' Michiru managed to ask while swallowing away the lump that had formed in her throat.

''I am feeling like someone started to hit against my head with a hammer. But I am feeling a lot better than before.'' Haruka replied when she noticed the concerned look on the other's face. ''How are you feeling? I hope I didn't scare you too much.''

''Just a bit shocked.'' Michiru whispered, blushing a bit. ''You.... a tumour?'' She didn't really know how to ask such a thing. Even she wasn't able to believe it. She surely hadn't noticed anything after meeting the blonde tomboy.

Haruka shrugged. People kept asking her over and over. ''I still think it's all some big mistake. They probably messed up the paper work and now they're confusing me with another patient.''

Michiru nodded although she know Haruka was just saying it to either cheer her up or because she didn't want to admit it. ''I hope so,'' She paused for a moment, making it clear she wanted to say something else. The blonde just sat up as her eyes met those deep blue ones of Michiru. ''I still owe you....''

''What?'' Haruka asked as Michiru started to walk towards her. ''If you're going to hit me because you missed your audition the...'' She couldn't even continue her sentence because before she could Michiru had pressed their lips together in a kiss. At first the blonde didn't know how to react but then after realising she wasn't dreaming she put her arms around the aqua haired girl. With that she started to return the kiss.

Both were enjoying the kiss until they had to part in order to get some air again. Haruka slowly opened her eyes again. She tried her best to hide the blush that had now appeared on her cheeks but in vain. Michiru was dealing with this as well. She almost feared that her cheeks had turned red enough for her to look like a tomato. ''W-why...'' Haruka stammered, unable to say anything else.

''You....I owed you.'' Michiru finally whispered. It hadn't been the only reason for why she had kissed the blonde. Ever since she opened the front door for the tomboy she had wanted to kiss her.

''Oh.'' Haruka said. 'Why do I feel disappointed?' Could it be she had been expecting more?

Michiru also noticed the sudden change of look on the blonde's face. Maybe she should've told the blonde the truth. Maybe Haruka wanted that kiss to mean a lot more as well. She quickly shook her head. Impossible. If Haruka would've been interested as well she would've showed it. Plus, ever since Haruka came to their house they had been fighting. How could the blonde possibly have fallen for her?

''Haruka I...'' The smaller girl started when she realized she was still in Haruka's arms. The other didn't seem to have the slightest intention to release her.

''I owe you a kiss as well,'' Haruka's voice sounded hoarsely.

''You do?'' Michiru blinked a couple of times, her blush growing deeper. She didn't know if she could handle another kiss from the blonde right now. Who knew what she would do?

''Yeah,'' The other replied. She brought her lips closer to Michiru's. Their lips were now brushing but still not meeting in another kiss. ''But not right now..'' The taller woman went on, sending shivers to Michiru's spine.

''HARUKA!'' Suddenly a voice yelled. Finally Haruka released Michiru who jumped back, blushing heavily. Both looked up at Makoto who was holding a bottle of water. ''I mean...'' She corrected herself. ''Haruka, I brought you something to drink.''

The tomboy smiled. Somehow she was glad Makoto had interrupted the moment. She had wanted to kiss Michiru again. She knew she couldn't. She still had a con to complete. She couldn't fall in love with the other although it was clearly too late already. This was probably the same reason for why the brunette had interrupted them from getting more involved with one another.

''Thanks.'' Haruka finally said as Makoto handed her the bottle of water.

The brunette smiled a bit as Haruka took a big sip from the bottle. 'Sorry Ruka.' She thought as she remembered the pill she had put in the blonde's drink. 'Your tumour is going to strike ya again.'

''So do you think you can home any time soon?'' Makoto then wondered out loud causing Michiru to shrug.

''I asked my father if Haruka could come back to our place. We can have Hotaru take good care of her there.'' She just went on talking even though she heard Haruka's objects.

The blonde really didn't like it to be in the care by others. She didn't trust anyone next to Makoto. 'And Michiru. I can trust her as well.' Haruka sighed. This was exactly what she was afraid of. Now Michiru was on her thoughts 24/7 as well. What's next?

''What did he say?'' The brunette asked causing Haruka to snap out of her thoughts.

''He said he would take care of it.'' The other said.

''You heard that Ruka, you're going home again.''

Haruka smiled a bit. Next to worrying about her con and falling for Michiru she also had other things to worry about. How was she going to pull this off with this tumour standing in her way? Maybe she was lucky and it wouldn't come back for a while but she knew it was almost impossible.

She took another sip from her water, not noticing the evil glint in her friend's eyes.

''Visitors hour is officially over.'' The nurse said. Haruka Ten'oh had been here for two days now and already was the blonde patient annoying her. She had people walk in and out her room constantly. Haruka very well knew she needed rest.

Michiru nodded. With that she walked over to Haruka, placed a small kiss on her cheek and before anyone could say anything she had hurried out of the room again. ''That went fast.'' Makoto commented with a wink. ''Keep your hands off her though. At least....for now.''

Before Haruka could even ask what that 'for now' was about also Makoto had hurried out of the room, leaving the black haired nurse and Haruka behind. ''Get some rest now Ms. Ten'oh.'' And with that she turned around as well.

''Wait a sec....'' A husky voice suddenly said causing the nurse to turn back again. ''Don't I know you from somewhere? Yesterday I was too busy with getting over the revelation about my sickness but.... now,''

''I am sure you haven't seen me before you came here. Maybe on the streets or something.'' The nurse spoke in a nervous tone. ''You must have me mistaken for someone else. Now please rest Ms. Ten'oh.''

Haruka nodded although she was quite aware of the fact that the nurse was lying. They surely had met before. She just couldn't place for where and when. With that she took another sip from the water Makoto had brought her. She would find out later where she knew the nurse from. Right now she felt like sleeping. She hadn't even realized she was this tired.

Then without any warning she closed her eyes again, dropping the bottle of water on the ground next to her.

-----

''Makoto?'' A voice whispered causing the brunette to turn around and face a black haired woman.

''Ah Nina...'' Makoto smiled a bit upon seeing Haruka's nurse. ''Is she sleeping?''

''Yeah. I don't know what you put in that drink of hers but she's out.'' Nina replied with a smile. ''I have to warn you though. Haruka thought she recognized me from somewhere. If she finds out that I work for Mamoru as well then...''

''Don't worry. She won't find out. Next to valium I put something else in her drink as well. Soon her tumour will start to kick in again and she'll worry more about that then you.''

''I don't know wheter to be happy or offended by that.'' The black haired girl giggled. ''So shall we start with plan B or...''

The taller woman cut her off. ''Not yet. After this I want her to come back to the president's mansion again. I want her to get closer to Michiru. I need her to care a lot and too much for Michiru. Or else plan B won't have any effect on her.''

Nina nodded. ''Alright then. I'll sign the release papers right away.''

''Thanks.''

And with that said Makoto walked back to the waiting room where Ami and Michiru were sitting.

To Be Continued...