Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Bluff Master ❯ The real bluff master, part One ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own the characters.

This story is inspired by one of those Bollywood movies I've been watching lately called, surprise of all surprises, 'Bluffmaster'. Although it's inspired by the movie I can assure everyone that the plot has nothing to do with it, although Haruka indeed is the master of bluff in this story, so to speak.

'Bluff' is just a different word for 'con'.

A/N : I know Japan doesn’t have a president but for this fic we’ll pretend it does.

Bluff Master
Chapter ten
- The Real Bluff Master part #1 -

''What do you want?'' Michiru hissed in a whispering tone.

Makoto didn't reply and just took Michiru's arm in her hand. With that she started to pull the smaller girl out of the bedroom. ''I want to see... how much she cares.'' She finally replied.

When Makoto had closed the door to Haruka's bedroom she released the smaller girl. ''Don't try to look at the cameras and don't act nervous or anything. If you make one bad move I'll kill Haruka, you and then your father.'' Michiru just nodded as she followed her kipnapper.

''W-what,'' Michiru paused for a moment. She wasn't sure if it was save to ask the brunette anything at this point. But when Makoto looked at her with a questioning look on her face she decided to ask her question anyway. ''What do you exactly want from Haruka. I am pretty sure this isn't about me nor money. What do you want her to prove exactly? About what does she have to care?''

A smile appeared on the other's lips. ''I want to see.... What she finds more important. She has to choose between....''

----

A few hours later Haruka woke up after hearing someone knock on her bedroom door. She hadn't even opened her eyes or someone had already forced their way through the doorway. The blonde tomboy blinked a few times, covering up herself.

In front of her stood Ami. She held a shocked and worried look on her face. Somehow Haruka knew this wasn't about the fact that Ami had seen she was a female. This was about something else. When Haruka looked down she also noticed that something, or rather, someone was missing. ''Michiru...'' The bluenette stammered as she held up a note. ''I f-found th-is....''

Haruka who still had no clue of what was going on here took the little note in her hands and started to read it out loud. ''Dear Haruka. You must be wondering who I am. You'll find out. More important right now is who you are anyway. Yes, I know about your true identity. I know everything about your reputation. If you ever want to see your lover again then bring 20 million dollars to the Fuji bridge at midnight. Don't dare to involve the president or your bluff buddies or your girl dies.''

The blue haired girl looked down at the floor. ''This is all your fault....''

Much to her own surprise Haruka found herself laughing rather hysterically. This was too much. It was almost impossible. First that tumour, the sleeping with Michiru and now someone had decided to kipnap the aqua haired girl. ''A mistake..'' Haruka sighed. ''I kept telling her, but she didn't listen.''

''I don't understand any of this!'' Ami yelled, suddenly losing all her cool. ''I don't even want to know. But this person says they know your secret and whatever it is it must be pretty bad... You'd better pay that money or I'll tell my uncle!''

''No you won't.'' Haruka hissed. ''If you involve the president you're killing Michiru. You don't want that do you?'' There was a slight sign of hesitation. ''Don't worry. I'll pay.''

''H-how...'' It was more of a statement than a question. Right now Ami's words nor feelings were making any senses. On the other hand she couldn't help it but feel happy on the insight.

''I won't be able to pay for my operation but... I've got a life saving. It's about 19 million dollars, maybe more... I don't know.'' Haruka shrugged. She didn't care. All she wanted to do right now was to help Michiru out of the claws of her kipnapper. ''It doesn't matter anyone. Once I meet this damn person I'll kill him with my bare hands.''

''You really love my cousin, don't you?'' Ami suddenly asked.

''No. I don't.'' Haruka lied, looking up at the other girl. ''I don't love her. I don't even like her. She's just a fling. She was just a one time thing.''

Ami clenched her fists. How could Haruka still say that after saying she would pay such a huge amount of money to save Michiru? ''Just come up with the money. I'll ask Hotaru to come with you since I don't trust you. Not after this.''

''I can go alone. Nothing will happen, I'll come back with the money. Believe it or not but I do care about her.'' Haruka hissed. She really didn't feel like involving Hotaru in this.

''Either Hotaru is coming along or I am.''

''Whatever, will you get lost now. I need to get dressed.'' Haruka said, ignoring the other's words. Sometimes Ami could be a lot like Michiru. They both knew what they wanted and how they wanted it.

----

''Sit still.'' Makoto hissed as she tied Michiru down to a chair. They were now sitting in some sort of dark basement. Wherever they were Michiru had never seen this place before. It was cold down here and not to mention dark.

''Why Haruka? I thought the two of you were friends.'' Michiru paused for a moment, trying to see something. In vain ofcourse, the only thing she could see was Makoto's face because of the candle she was holding.

''You still don't understand, do you?'' Makoto questioned the other.

Michiru simply shook her head. Ofcourse she didn't understand. Haruka and Makoto had been a mystery to her from day one. ''Haruka is a bluff master.'' Makoto finally said. She had decided not to play anymore games, it was time to tell the truth for once. This seemed like the best moment to do so.

''A bluff master?'' Michiru repeated. She had no idea what that meant.

The brunette nodded. ''It's just another word for a con master. She came to Tokyo to con your father. To steal the money he is going to send to some sort of charity. She became your vocal coach because she needed a way in.''

''W-what?'' Michiru stammered. She still didn't understand. ''What are you saying?''

''I am saying that Haruka has been lying to you Michiru. She isn't a vocal coach, she isn't even interested in music at all. Besides that stupid piano. She never worked as a coach before. Before this she was a bodyguard, before that a teacher, a bartender....hell she's even been a cop.''

''Now you're lying!'' Michiru yelled although she saw no reason for Makoto to lie about all of this. ''She would've told me.''

''She couldn't even tell you she loved you.'' Makoto laughed. She had walked into the bedroom a few minutes before Haruka had denied her feelings for Michiru. She had heard everything. ''You know I am telling the truth. Admit it Kaioh.''

Michiru looked down at the ground although she couldn't see it. So Haruka had been lying about everything. Maybe this was also the reason why Haruka called what they had a mistake. Maybe this was why Haruka was always acting so secretive. ''Even if it were true....She will surely come here. She'll beat you up! She'll kill you for this!''

Again Makoto laughed. ''No she won't. I am still her friend. She doesn't even know that it is me who's kipnapping you. I've already found someone to get the money she's paying for you.'' She hesitated for a moment but went on when she saw the questioning look on the other's face. ''You see, I know that Haruka will come with the money. I know she will try to beat up whoever kipnapped you. But to be honest, I am not planning on releasing you anytime soon.''

There was another slight hesitation before Makoto finished her sentence. ''I want her to figure out first. I want her to release who's behind this. I want her to lose everything. Then, she will know...''

''Know what?!'' Michiru yelled. Was Makoto really such a horrible person?

''Do you love her?'' Makoto asked, changing the question. Michiru just nodded in reply. ''Then,'' She started. ''Everything will be fine. I hope...''

-----

''What if they aren't planning on keeping their promise?'' Ami asked, following Haruka thought the huge safe. Haruka was holding a small key while looking for the safe that belonged to the key. When she found it she opened it only to find another key. With that she walked over to the other side of the room,m opening another safe. Once again she found another key which she used to open another safe with.

''What the hell are you doing anyway?'' Ami asked, not understand what Haruka was doing with all those keys and different safes.

''Getting my damn money. What does it look like eh?'' Haruka hissed in annoyance. ''I don't trust bank accounts so I put it in here.''

''Talking about being paranoid.'' Ami sighed as Haruka opened yet another safe. This time she pulled out a bag. With that she turned around, throwing the bag on the ground and then bend down. Even Ami got curious now. Haruka just bend down and opened it, pulling out a huge amount of notes. ''M-money...'' Ami stammered. Never before had she seen so much money at the same time.

''Being a.....'' She almost had revealed her own secret. ''Vocal coach must pay a lot.''

''Yeah.'' Haruka rolled her eyes. She very well knew that Ami was aware that she hadn't made this money by just teaching some spoiled teenagers how to sing. ''I think it's just enough to get Michiru out of the hands of her kipnapper.'' Haruka finally said, closing the bag again. ''Now let's get going.''

''Why are you in such a hurry?'' Ami wondered out loud. After all they had atleast five more hours left until it would be midnight. Fuji bridge wasn't too far away from here either.

Haruka turned around again. ''I don't have to explain anything to you. Now let's go or I'll lock you up.'' Ami rolled her eyes before following Haruka out of the room.

''I liked you better when you were naked and didn't have the guts to open your mouth....'' She muttered.

''Did you say something Mizuno?'' Haruka hissed causing Ami to jump and shake her head in denial. Both were unaware of the pair of eyes that were watching them.

------

Michiru slowly opened her eyes again when she heard a strange noise. After letting her eyes adjust to the darkness a bit more she could see Makoto's figure. It seemed like Makoto was holding a phone in her hands. ''Don't make a noise.'' The brunette hissed.

After waiting a few seconds Makoto finally heard a voice coming from the other side of the line. ''Yeah? Kino, is that you?''

''Yeah it's me. How are things going over there?''

''They just left the bank.'' Came the reply.

''Good.'' Makoto smiled satisfied. ''Call the cops on them. Tell them you saw two suspicious people leave the building with a huge amount of money.'' Michiru went wide eyed upon hearing that. Makoto really had no intentions of setting her free.

''Should I give them a head start?''

''Neh.'' Makoto laughed slightly. ''You'd better give those cops a head start. Haruka used to be a racer. Once she's in that car of hers there's no stopping her. Just make sure they follow her.''

''Alrighty then.'' The other replied. ''Oh and I made sure that once Haruka comes home she gets another dose of the drugs you gave her. We don't want her to stay awake through the whole thing now, do we?''

Makoto started to laugh now. ''We surely don't want that to happen. Good luck...''

''Thanks...''

''Oh and.... One more thing.'' Makoto quickly said before the other could hang up. ''Thanks Rei.''

The raven haired girl smiled. ''You're welcome.'' With that she hung up, turning around to face Usagi. ''Start operation 'Bluff Master'.''

To Be Continued...