Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ BowSong: The diary of the Star Archer ❯ Remembrances ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BowSong: Diary of the Star Archer part 3

After the explosion, I remember falling. I remember hitting the ground in a dead heap. From there, I don't remember anything about what happened for awhile. But, I do remember waking up. Oh yes, I remember waking up quite well. It went a little something like this...
I had woken up. This wasn't so atypical. I sat up. The usual reaction to waking up, right? I start to wince in pain. This is the point where it gets weird, twisted, and is the reason I remember it so well.
I looked around me, expecting to see... actually, I wasn't even expecting to wake up. I looked around, discovering I was in someone's bedroom. Here's what it looked like, as I saw it.
This someone obviously liked candles. Yes, very much so, as every possible place to put a candle held a candle. I could see no fixtures for a light of any sort. I looked in one direction, and saw a very big window. In fact, most of the wall was the window. The exception to this was a window seat, maybe two feet off of the ground. I could see books. Lots of books. Didn't pay attention to what the books were, but I know they were there. The bed was against one wall of the room, and there was a door on my right, although well hidden. There was a walk-in closet. The walls themselves, excepting the window, were a deep blue, almost a black look. There was a deep purple spattering on them that made me think someone shot the place up with a paintball gun.
After learning the general layout of the room, I finally manage to pull myself out of bed and over to a mirror. After a few tries, a lot of cursing, and a great deal of pain, I was standing in front of a mirror, assesing the damage. I looked myself in the mirror, only now realizing my armor is nowhere in sight. This wouldn't be bad, except that I was in a pair of shorts in a complete stranger's room. That, and wrapped in enough bandages to make King Tut jealous. I hear the door open. Looking in the mirror, I notice a girl walk into the room. Turning around, I attempt to remain calm as I speak. "Where am I," I began with. "Who are you? What am I doing here? And where in the hell is my armor?" At this point is when I realize how wrong this all sounded. 'You stupid idiot,' is the only response my mind gives me.
The girl responded. "My name is Sylvia Staford. You're in my room. You were here resting, as I don't know where you live, but you were badly hurt. And, as for your armor, Star Archer, it disappeared after I brought you here." Now my brain was worked up into a frenzy. 'How does she know who you are? YOU don't even know fully! What is going on here, and just how many people are involved?' It seemed to me that she read my very thoughts.
"Don't worry, Star Archer. I am an ally. There are more of us than you might think. Your injuries will be healed very soon, perhaps by tomorrow you will be able to find the senshi under the direction of the Moon Princess. I will leave you now to sleep." With that, she left the room. I wasn't tired, but all of a sudden, sleep sounded like such a good suggestion.
With thoughts of seeking Serena and the others, to maybe find an explanation running through my head, I slept. And I dreamed. I dreamed of my role in that last fateful battle of the Star Court.
I was in armor. It wasn't the Archer's armor, no, it was different. It was hazy, though. All I knew was that I was running after someone. One word surfaced, exploded into reality. "Traitor!!" I was chasing a traitor. A betrayer. _The_ betrayer of the Queen, the Princess, of everyone in the Court! I follow him, into the throne room, only to realize that I wasn't alone with him. There _was_ someone there. My Princess, the one I knew I was to protect. Dead, and lain about as if it her death was a ritual sacrifice. I felt an incredible power drain from me, and was suddenly the Archer again. The last thing I remember was charging at the traitor, shouting at him. He turned around, and I knew him at once. He looked smug, as of a sense of finality. He knew what was coming, as my sword drove home through what _should_ have vitals. He grinned, drew me close, and I saw his face! I know that face, from this life! I felt the power of my own sacrifice, the forefeit of my own life to destroy the traitor. But his face! It haunted me then, at death, and haunts me now, even as I bolted awake, screaming.
That face belonged to my cousin, Edward.