Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ BowSong: The diary of the Star Archer ❯ Enter Villain... stage left. ^_^ ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BowSong: The diary of the Star Archer part 5

As soon as I got home, the spiffy shirt came off, and went flying into a clothes hamper. With a mental note to wash that, I grabbed the nearest junk shirt I had and ran out the door. As soon as I do this, I realize the battle is on the opposite side of town. I needed speed. I turned to the only possible means of getting that, my motorcycle.

Mounting my familiar black bike, I take off, at a speed that would have made my racing partner, Haruka, envious. As I'm driving, I take my right hand off of the handlebars, and grip my hand into a tight fist. Sensing the power radiating from the emerald, I feel my body grow heavy with armor as I mutter 'Star Tear Power.'

Suddenly, I see a large explosion, and realize where the battle is. It's below me. With a silent prayer offered up to the stars, I drive my bike off the side and into a jump. It goes one way, I go the other. Luckily, I landed on my feet. I looked around, seeing the scouts scattered, all of them fighting a small group of creatures. I summon my sword and go for the nearest one.

With a leap and slash, the first to fight me falls. As I begin to call forth power into my blade, a scout I don't recognize interrupts me. Probably Sailor Sun, yelling at me.

"What took you so long? We've been fighting here for almost ten minutes! Some guardian you are!"

"That stung, really it did. It kinda gets me right... wait, I don't have much heart when it comes to you. Nevermind." I shouted back, letting her know what I did, as she grunts angrily at me, and continues her attack on the creatures.

Another three jumped at me. I dropped back two steps, brought the sword to my left side, and called loudly, "StarFlare... SLASH!!!" I drew the blade in a slashing motion, parallel to the ground. An arc of flame shoots out from my blade, neatly severing the enemies in half.

A dark voice called from above, in a manner I myself had been taught. There's only one other person who knows the trick of throwing their voice in all directions. Edward.

"About time you showed up, Misfit. I was hoping you'd be early, so we could talk."

Looking ahead, I saw a tall, tanned figure step out of the shadows. He had dark blond hair, and feral yellow eyes. His voice was cold, and utterly evil. He seemed to be wearing a chest plate, covering the upper half of his chest. His midsection was bare, exposing a distinctive scar in the shape of a starburst. No mistaking him, this was Edward.

"Traitor! You cannot be forgiven for what has transpired." I call out, sounding more civilized than I was thinking. I wanted to tear him apart. All the pain he caused, all the hurt, all the death. I would kill him, and avenge the Court of the stars. Or so I thought.

"You mean I can't say I'm sorry? Too bad. Because really, I'm not. All that fresh blood. And the Princess Clair..."

"Enough! Your grave lies here and now." Who was he talking about? Clair? Not anyone I know, that's for sure.

"Star Song TERMINATE!!!" A huge sonic blast flies past me, careening straight for Edward. He simply raises a hand, and it deflects away, blasting into another group of creatures.

"Watch it, Sun! I'm trying to have a dramatic dialogue with the villain here!" Suddenly realizing I said this in English, I thought she wouldn't understand me. I was wrong.

"Damn the fucking dialogue, Archer! Just kill him!" So, she speaks English, eh? I'll have to switch to Romanian now, just to confuse her.

"Enough of this. Enjoy my summoned pyrelings, Perhaps we'll meet again. That is... if you survive... this. Black Blood Wave!"

A ripple of shadow, not even lasting for a second, washed over myself, and Sun. It hurt. I swear, someone took a knife and sliced open every inch of my skin. So much pain, it was almost unbearable.

I stood up, regardless, and level my sword to face him. As he glared at me, he coolly collected himself, and drew a weapon unlike anything I've ever seen. It's handle was a small rod of metal, maybe a foot long, with a small hook hanging off of the back. From the front, there dangled about four feet of chain links, each one bladed all the way around. At the end of the chain, was something that looked rather nasty. It was a spear's head, shaped like 2 perpendicular Fleur de Lis. It was definitely unique, I'll give it that.

"So, you think you can handle me? Maybe next time we meet, we'll tangle. Farewell then, Guardian." And with that, he vanished, in a cloud of red mist, which smelled like blood.

Sun chose this time to come back around and get on my case. "Who was that? How does he know you and how does he know Clair?" She seemed rather snappish, considering most of the danger just left.

As I pull her closely, I whisper to her, but it comes out more as a snarl and growl than a whisper. "I happen to know that he is the sole reason the Star Kingdom fell."

With that, I walk over to where my bike landed. It landed roughly, but was still ridable. After recalling my armor, I stand it up, hop on, and ride away, leaving Sun questioning what I had said to her just moments before.

A/N: After much berating from my 2 main readers (my g/f and her mom), I've decided to ask for a beta reader. I'd like to thank Tes-sama for that right now. She's the one who owns Sailor Sun, and the Zodiacs. Gary and Edward are of my own creation. Alas that I have to claim Edward... oh well. Every good hero needs an antithesis. Anyways, please r/r, let me know what you think, and thanks to all my loyal readers. You all rock!

Oh, and just so you all know, my chapters will be closer together now that I've entered summer vacation. Unless I get a bunch of work heaped on me all of a sudden...