Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Heart ❯ Black Nails and Pink Hair ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Do you mind not doing that on the counter?"

I giggled and wiggled my toes in front of Motoki's face. "Why? It's nearly closing time and no one is here."

"It's not sanitary. Would you eat of this counter if you thought I painted my toenails on it?"

"You paint your toenails? What color? Please say neon something!"

The _expression on his face was priceless. I grabbed my Black Mail Cam and put it to use. I kept it with me everywhere now, always with extra rolls of film. Motoki just rolled his eyes at me.

"Do you have to paint them that color?" He continued.

I glanced down at my toes, scrutinizing the black hue.

"I think it's cute!"

"I think it's morbid."

"Really?"

"Yes."

Just to irk him, I painted my fingernails black as well. I also asked him to put wads of napkins between my toes so I wouldn't smudge the paint. He just walked off to clean some booths. I congratulated myself on being a pain.

"Congratulations for what?" A voice asked dangerously close to my ear.

I spun around to come face to face with none other than Mamoru.

"On being a pain," I answered truthfully. At his confused look I explained. "Motoki doesn't like the black toes so I started painting my fingernails black also. The fact I have my butt and bare feet on his precious counter probably helped."

"Oh," was his oh so intelligent response.

"Do me a favor?" I said in a singsong voice.

"What?"

"Put some wadded up napkins between my toes, please. I don't wanna smudge the paint."

He stared at me for a moment before walking over to help Motoki. I laughed and made sure they heard. This was too much fun, so of course, I had to mess with them more.

"I wonder if I would look good with pink hair," I said loudly, "Like mother like daughter…"

"USAGI!" Mamoru scolded.

I looked at him all innocent like, "Nani?"

"You know what!"

"Actually Usagi-chan, I think you'd look better with silver streaks. Chibi-Usa only got away with pink because your guys' DNA is screwy. What is with the red eyes anyway? It's kinda freaky."

"True. I think the fact that she was our princess helped too. What do you think Mamoru-kun? Silver streaks or maybe blue streaks? I'm sure Ami-chan would be flattered."

Mamoru looked entirely dumb founded. It was great, its not often I can make him look like the world is going to spontaneously combust. He snapped out of his stupor after the third flash of my cam.

"He knows?"

I nodded.

"How?"

"He saw me transform."

"Oh…wait a minute.... Your naked when you transform…MOTOKI!" Now his face was a strange red color. I took a few snaps of that along with a few action shots. Mamoru was chasing Motoki around the arcade in full fury. Meanwhile Motoki was running for his dear life tossing excuses over his shoulder.

I decided to help dear 'Moto-chan' out. "What does it matter to you if he saw me naked?"

He stopped, opened his mouth, but nothing came out. I decided my new nickname for him was Fish-Face. After small light show, he finally sputtered out; "Don't you care if he saw you naked?"

I merely shrugged, "He's close to me and it was during a transformation. You do remember I'm reasonably covered with ribbons, right?"

"But…but…"

As he tried to think up of something else, Motoki slipped behind the counter and stationed himself behind me.

"You'll protect me right?"

"Your afraid of Mamoru? What's there to be afraid of? All he can do is throw roses and fight with a cane."

"You said he was the strongest being in the universe."

I rolled my eyes, "Second strongest, I'm the strongest."

"How much stronger?"

"Well, without his crystal, I'm a lot stronger. Although I don't have full control over my own, and it won't let me hurt him, I'm not sure. He can't transform without me transforming…He Mamoru-kun, can you throw roses without being Cape-Boy?" I yelled the last part.

A rose impaled the counter next to Motoki's hand, a mere 3 centimeters off and a good inch deep.

"Oh…well Motoki-kun…It looks like he's stronger than me right now…I'm safe, but you might get hurt."

"Damn, I missed."

Motoki gulped, "I'm dead."

"May I use the back room?"

"Why?"

"Want to escape Rosie with little or none bodily damage?"

Motoki nodded and I hoped of the counter. I checked to make sure my toenails were dry and ordered Mamoru into the back room. I've managed to master my All-Knowing-You-Must-Obey-Me voice. I followed Mamoru, heard Motoki squeak, and noticed Mamoru had stopped before walking through the door to glare at him. I shoved him in the room and mouthed "You owe me!" He nodded.

I locked the door behind me and glared at Mamoru.

"What is your problem?" I asked him seriously.

"My problem? I have no problem! He's the one with the problem!"

"And what, pray tell, is that?"

"He's messing with the future king of Earth. I should have him flogged for that!"

I can't believe he's serious about this. I rolled my eyes and commanded him to sit when I realized he's taller than I am. It's hard to be intimidating when you strain your neck looking up at them.

"You're not flogging anyone. What is he doing that is Oh-So-Terrible?"

"He's…he's…FLIRTING with you!"

Yes! He just admitted to being jealous. Score: Usagi - Way up there, Mamoru - Zilch!

"Oh my God?! You don't say?! I wouldn't have imagined that him, a guy, would flirt with a single girl? Heaven forbid! Maybe we should lock him up in the dungeons! Or worse, allow Minako-chan to give him a makeover?!" you could smell the sarcasm.

Mamoru, however just nodded, crossed his arms, and managed to look somewhat dignified. The picture was ruined the moment he said, "I'm glad you agree. Make sure you bring more film."

I laughed, I couldn't help it. I ended up falling into the seat across from the couch I was laughing so hard. Mamoru looked insulted, which made me laugh even harder.

"I'm glad you think this is funny! I'm serious, he shouldn't be flirting with you!"

"Why? Because your jealous?"

He looked away.

"Because you might still have feelings for me? You just might still love me and you can't imagine I would be happy with someone else! If you're so adamant about not being together, I don't see a problem with Motoki-kun dating me! Hell, I'd think he'd make a good leader! Who said you HAD to be king anyway?" I tried to calm down. I hate it when my emotions get away from me, but Mamoru always had that effect on me.

"Are you suggesting on MARRYING him?!"

"No! But it just MIGHT happen! He's the only person that treats me decently! The girls make fun of me, you're just an ass, and I get yelled at when I'm at home. Shingo is always playing tricks on me, but I get in trouble. I don't see why I can't enjoy myself in Motoki-kun's presence. He's kind, considerate, and always gives me food! What is the problem?" My voice rose higher during speech and it was getting rather high pitched. I took a few breaths to calm myself while waiting for his answer.

"He doesn't love you," he whispered.

"Does too."

"Not the way I do!" he bellowed.

"Then why did you dump me?" I demanded.

"To SAVE YOU!!!....."

I stared at him. What the hell did that mean?

"You would have died," he continued, "I had a dream. We were getting married... but you were swallowed by the ground and everything fell apart. A voice told me to stay away from you or else you'd be hurt."

His voice was barely above a whisper, as if talking to himself. I heard him all the same.

"Whose voice? Pluto's?"

He shook his head.

"My mother's?"

Another shake.

"Then whose?"

"Mine," he replied, "At least it sounded like mine."

"Do you think it could just be your fears manifesting? I know my greatest fear is loosing all that I love."

"Possibly," he sounded doubtful.

"Or maybe it's the Dark Kingdom. We're strongest together and our love can conquer all, they know that. Perhaps this is a way to keep us from each other, to weaken us. We are vulnerable like this."

"That actually might be it. It makes sense. When did you get so smart?"

"Ami-chan wore off on me. And you know my grades are better!"

He chuckled, "Yeah, your right."

"So, what happens now?" I asked.

"Well, the easiest thing would be to tell Motoki-kun to find his own girl and we can pick up where we left off," There was hope in his voice.

I shook my head, "I don't think I can do that. I need to know you won't leave me again."

"I know, Usako. I hurt you a lot. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

I nodded and exited the room.

"Hey, Toki-kun. It worked!"

"Great!"

"What worked?" Mamoru asked behind me.

"Operation King of the Idiots."

"NANI?!"

**FLASH**

This time it was Motoki taking the pictures.

"Hehehe, you didn't really think I'd marry Motoki, did you? Plus, him and me going out? He's like my big brother!"

I skipped over to Motoki and hugged him.

"You mean this was all a set up?"

"Yep, and you fell for it! At least it all worked out," Motoki informed.

A deep red rose, nearly black in color, appeared in his hand. I swiftly put myself in front of Motoki.

"What are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm sure he can live without an eye or two. It'll give him a story to tell to MY children. I don't think he'll be having any…" Mamoru had a dangerous glint in his eye.

"He's stronger physically right?"

"Uh, yeah," I answered Motoki's question.

"Can you please hold him off while I run away?"

In a blur I had Mamoru tackled. I straddle him while holding his hands down.

"I can't do this for long!"

"Usako, what are you doing?" Mamoru asked.

"Oh nothing, just holding down my favorite caped crusader."

"You know I missed you right?"

"Uh…really?"

He pulled his hands from my grasp and settled them on my hips, massaging. I gulped and settled my hands on his chest for balance.

"Yep. Why are you defending Motoki-kun?"

"To keep you from castrating him. I'd like to spoil his children rotten, you know!"

He flipped us over, him on top, me still straddling him, and nuzzled my neck.

"Hmm, I might not hurt him…much. You seem more interesting to me right now anyway."

His face was still hidden in my throat, placing kisses here and there. My face suddenly felt very hot and I'm sure I was blushing. "Uh, Mamo-chan, we're on the arcade floor…"

"Really! At least use the back room for that! Children play in here you know."

He took a few pictures of us but stopped as soon as he heard Mamoru growling.

"Hehe, I'll just, uh, leave. You guys lock up!"

He tossed the extra arcade key on the counter and sped out of the building. I was surprised a regular human could run that fast. I giggled.

"What's funny?" Mamoru grunted.

"He ran like the gates of hell just opened up and was calling his name."

"Good."

"Uh, Mamo-chan?" I heard another grunt. "I have to get home soon. Oka-san and Otou-san are going to think I have a secret lover or something…"

"Your point?"

"That I have to leave!"

I heard another grunt before Mamoru raised his head.

"You sure?!"

"YES!"

"Okay, okay. I'm moving."