Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Changing Times ❯ Why Fighting Sucks ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon. (Sigh) What a pity. If I did I would make sure that the Sailor Stars season aired in the U.S. But I'm not so I can only dream.

A/N: Hi! I've decided to start writing again after a LONG absence, so I'm hoping that this time I get it right. I hope that you'll like this story, and if anyone wants to be a beta, email me. Hope you enjoy, and please review!!!

Chapter 1:

"Stop right there!! An amusement park is for fun and laughter. You have changed it into a place full of evil, and I will not let you do that any more. I am the pretty suited soldier of justice, Sailor Moon! So, watch out lady, cause I'll punish you!!"

It was another day, another monster, another speech. Serena Tsu…erm…Sailor Moon was battling her third youma of the week. Talk about overtime. Youma fighting was really beginning to take up any free time she had left. Even though she was the leader of the group, meaning she had NO free time, she still expected a break now and then. She also expected Darien to get his lazy butt out of the hospital and propose to her too, but she knew that it wouldn't happen. Not until Beryl came back from the grave, dressed according to the rules of fashion, gained a halo, and started doing the limbo. Nope. Not until then.

She scowled. So many youmas to kill, so little time. With a jump she spun her leg and kicked the nearest youma minion in the face. Since when did the youmas have minions?She smirked slightly as it dropped like a stone and was killed immediately by the ever so dependable fire attack from Mars. She could swear that Mars was after her job. But that was probably just her.

So, her third of the week, and they still couldn't find out who was behind the latest series of attacks. Fun. That meant odd youma attacks at odd hours of the night at the oddest events. Wasn't it odd? And not only that, but they all had the weirdest agendas. For example, this creepy one called Rolla. Kinda looked like a girl trying to figure out a car racing set, and ending up with the track stuck to various parts of her body.

Hmmm…Serena frowned. Hadn't she done that when she was three? Whatever. Anyway, creepy looking youma wearing a really ugly shade of lipstick. Someone should really have talked to her about the rules of fashion, because she obviously missed out.

Night after night after night she dragged herself out of bed, over a knocked out Luna, through the windowsill, and through the deserted streets to confront the enemy. Serena kicked another youma minion and saw from the position of the head hancho that it was time for the fireworks. With a sigh she drew forth her scepter and threw her attack at the youma. "Moon Scepter Elimination!!!" And with a bright explosion the enemy gets blown into smithereens. And here comes the predictable: "Moon dusted!!"

Well, there went another one. She smiled as all the other scouts picked themselves from wherever they'd fallen from her powerful attack and came over to thank her. Well, some thanked while others… "You baka!! Why did you wait so long?" Ah, Rei, the ever dependable senshi. The one always counted on to yell at her even when she'd done something right. Oh, well. She looked down at her uniform to take in the damage. Hmm…None. Nice. It kind of effing sucked though, cause after the all important battle with Galaxia all the scouts had lost power. Most of all herself. To be reduced to her old attacks from the time of Beryl. Fun.

She'd of course asked Setsuna, but of course no answer. The old bat had smiled in that WAY of hers and then said that all things would eventually turn out like they were supposed to. Whatever. Destiny her ass. Things would turn out how SHE wanted them to. If Destiny were as good as she was supposed to be, Darien would have proposed. But no. Whatever. She had better things to do. Like defeat the new Sailor V game. Serena changed back into her normal outfit, pink pajamas with stars and bunnies all over them, a

b-day gift from Mina. Serena watched as all the scouts followed suit, all dressed in some kind of pajama. There was the usual chatter as the girls talked about what they would do now that they were all wide awake. Again.

Recently, they'd become the town's worst terror. Actually, they were Grandpa Hino's worst terror. They had taken to going to the temple each night of an attack and either discussing their strategy or watching movies. Nine times out of nine they ended up watching movies. Which led to pillow fights. Which led to Rei's grandpa kicking them out at two in the morning. Which led to a bunch of freezing senshi standing out on the sidewalk in their pajamas. All except Rei and Ami; Rei who was the fire senshi, and Ami who was naturally comfortable in the cold. Not fair.

She would have complained but it wasn't their fault. Weirdly enough, though they had lost most of their powers, they had completely come into their past forms. So, everybody had realized that they could do even more weird things than normal. Like Rei could now levitate things, Mina could actually make people fall in love by sending a minor spell, which had caused some problems, and Lita could instantly bake anything with just a touch of her fingers, which had turned some perfectly normal cookies into things that looked like they had exploded. All in all, they had gained some powers and lost some. Whatever.

Serena shrugged as the debate finally came to an end. It was decided. They would go to the temple. As always. She didn't really mind though. It was nothing new, but it was always fun. She hoped that they watched an action movie. Not a scary one. With ghosts. She really couldn't handle that. No matter how many times she had seen real live ghosts, such as her mother from the past and King Endymion of the future, she still couldn't deal with them. Seeing the others begin to walk away, she pocketed her locket, and followed, not noticing the appearance of an interesting shadow, standing just above her on the roof of the building. In fact, even though she briefly turned in response to the chills that crawled up her spine she didn't see the pale eyes that followed her every movement, as well as the other scouts. It didn't really matter though, she'd find out sooner or later, the shadow promised itself. She'd find out sooner or later. And with a snap, it was gone.

End of Chapter 1!

R

E

V

I

E

W

Trust me, it is only to your benefit to review my story.