Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Chasing the Moon ❯ Chapter One: The Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chasing the Moon

Part One: A Living Dream or Reality?

Chapter One: Discovery

Summary: A Senshi too soon she was forced to leave Japan, leaving broken ties. Years later she returns, but her company & mission seperate her from the other scouts. What about this double enemy? Will the 2 'factions' of senshi combine? Or will they all fall?

Hey people! Well, this is the first chapter of my first fanfic. It probably won't be all that great until further along but I still hope you find it interesting. For the most part the story will be told in third person (author's p.o.v.) but there will be some sections that have a first person narrative, only I'm not telling you who it will be. Hehe, you go figure it out, it's really not that hard to guess. You'll eventually find it out. If anyone is confused from the introduction I'm very sorry, I hope this clears things up at least a little for you.

Now on to the story!!

**************************************************************** *****************

I watched her for several weeks before I made my move. I wanted to be sure she was the one. After today, I was positive.

She exudes such an aura of purity and enchantment that there is no doubt; I have found the first Senshi. There is much I have to train her in.

---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------

A young girl came bounding out of a house, shattering the silence that engulfed the neighborhood with a cheerful,

"Bye Momma! I'll see you after school!"

"Bye, honey. Have a nice day," a woman replied, laughing slightly as she watched the girl chase after her school bus. The woman was startled out of her trance by the feel of something soft and sleek rubbing against her ankle. When she looked down she saw a cat with fur blacker than midnight. The woman bent down to pick up the cat. She gasped in shock as she saw the color of its eyes.

What a remarkable color for a black cat. I don't think I've ever seen this color on a cat before.

"Who do you belong to, Kitty? You must have an owner since you have such a remarkable coloring. I'd say you are very much a pure-blooded cat," she muttered to herself.

"Iris! Iris, if you don't hurry you're going to miss your appointment at the doctors, dear!" a man yelled from inside the house.

"Oh my goodness!" Iris yelled. "Kevin, please take care of this cat, will you dear? Take her to the vet and if she's given a clean bill of health and no one claims her, I'd like to give her to Bunny as a birthday present. All right, honey?" Iris asked her husband as she walked into the house. Her husband, Kevin, walked up to her and scooped the cat out of her arms. He took a quick glance at the feline reclining in his arms and gave a small frown when he noticed its solid black coloring.

He gave a quick kiss to his wife and replied, "Of course, honey, but we'll talk about your birthday present idea when you get home. I'll take her to the vets in a little while, but you're going to miss your appointment if you linger any longer."

"All right, all right, I'm going! See," she laughed, grabbing her coat and car keys, "I'm out the door and leaving. Be nice to the cat. I'll see you when I get home. I love you!" Iris winked at the cat, flashed a bright smile at her husband, and closed the door before Kevin could so much as say goodbye. A few seconds later the sound of a door shutting and a car starting, then departing, was heard.

"Meow."

"I suppose you want something to eat, right?" Kevin asked, glancing down at the cat he was still holding.

What an amazing eye color! I don't think I've ever seen such blue eyes on a cat before, certainly not on a black one. Beautiful . . . . His thoughts wandered into blankness as he stared into the cat's strangely compelling sapphire blue eyes.

"Meow," the cat cried softly, jolting the entranced man back to reality. "Meow, meow."

"All right, then. Let's see what foods we have that are suitable for a cat's consumption," he gave a small frown as he thought of what was in the house. "Maybe we'll keep you after all. I'm sure Bunny would love to get a cat for a birthday surprise today." He took another quick glance at the cat.

The cat just purred contentedly, her tail swaying back and forth gently as the duo entered the kitchen in a quest for a feline brunch.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

(At the vets)

"What do you think of her, Dr. Sharon?" Kevin asked the vet.

"Well, to be truthful, I'm completely surprised. The tests for illnesses and any prior vaccinations show that she's 100% healthy and in no need for shots -" the cat seemed to give a little jump at the word 'shots' but no one noticed - "and none of our records show an ownership of a feline matching this description. Unless you want her put down -" again the cat seemed to give a jump, this one slightly larger, but again no one noticed - "or given over to the animal pound/shelter, then I guess she's all yours." Dr. Sharon smiled at Kevin and the cat, secretly hoping that he would take home the amazing cat since the shelters were too full and could only put down the animal.

Which would be shame, she thought, since it's such a gorgeous creature. I wish I could take it home but I have too many pets as it is.

"Thank you, Dr. Sharon. My wife and I were thinking of keeping her and giving her to our daughter as a surprise birthday present."

"Well, I think that that would be a very good idea. I hope your daughter enjoys her new pet, Mr. Tsukino."

"Thank you."

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

(Back at the Tsukino's)

After Iris came home, she and Kevin talked about whether they should give this unusually colored cat to their daughter Bunny as a birthday present. After a long debate that lasted until five minutes before Bunny was due to come home Kevin finally gave in and agreed to the idea.

Bunny came bounding into the house, her greeting made in a rush of words that her parents knew were almost always the same. Even if they didn't always understand what she was saying at that moment.

"HiMom,hiDad.Ihadareallygreatdaytoday.Ohbytheway,canIgoovertoMol ly'shousetoplay?AndcanIhaveasnackplease?" A relatively traditional greeting for little Serena "Bunny" Tsukino.

Iris came out of the living room chuckling slightly, an affectionate smile on her face as she looked upon her energetic daughter.

"Hello, darling. Yes, you can have a snack - there should be some cookies for you on the table. Now what was your other question?"

"I asked if I can go over to Molly's house to play? Please?"

"All right dear -"

"Yea!!" Bunny shouted.

"- on one condition," her mother continued, finishing her interrupted sentence.

"Oh Mom! What is it?" Bunny sighed, making it seem like more of a punishment than a simple request.

Her mother merely smiled. "Just finish up your homework and I'll take you over. Okay?"

Bunny sighed again. "All right Mom, I'll be done in half an hour, okay?"

"That's fine dear. Now go hurry and do your homework."

"K!" And with that Bunny bounded up the stairs to her room to do her homework. She came back down the stairs a few moments later with a sheepish grin on her face. "Hehe, forgot my cookies," she said. Both her parents laughed lightly at their daughter.

Just as she said, Bunny had finished her homework thirty minutes later and her mother drove her over to her best friend Molly's house.

---------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm. Interesting. I must remember this.

Now, when the time is right I shall reveal myself to the Guardian but I must time this carefully. It doesn't seem like I'll be able to get much time alone with her.

Soon. The time is coming soon.

**************************************************************** *************************************************

Hehe. I know it's short, but I wanted to post this up as somewhat of a cliffhanger. Review and tell me who my mystery person is!! And thanx so much to Marni, Cosmic Sailor Sun, and star_0704 for reviewing when I first posted!! I hope this met your expectations and that you all enjoyed this chapter.

Until next time!!

~Kuroi Koneko