Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Completely Hopeless ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Completely Hopeless

 

Chapter 6

 

Serena's POV

 

Damn it's so bright. But where the hell am I? I held my arm over my eyes as I looked into the light. I then noticed there was a bandage wrapped around my arm. What did I do?

 

I sat up as I got my eyes cleared and able to see better. I swapped my arm a bit. It felt kind of numb. Memories came back to me of my actions yesterday. I thought I could escape reality for a little while longer. I wonder how long I've been out. I heard voices behind the door. I lied back down and strained to hear what they were saying.

 

"If she continues like this she'll become anemic and soon her heart would weaken." Must be the doctor.

 

"Is there anyway we could…" Mom?

 

"It's not physical but it's mostly her mind that needs treatment."

 

"Can we go see her now?"

 

"Yes Mrs. Tsukino."

 

I closed my eyes and heard that they were coming in. I slowed my breathing down and forced myself to sleep. I hear them stop at my bedside. I didn't bother waking up. I thought they were going to start fighting but I guess not. They just stood there silently. I felt like an observation subject. I waited until they left. They did about two hours later when visiting times were up. I sighed in relief. Then the door opened again. I thought visiting hours were up?

 

A hand lied on my shoulder and shook me a little. This person was trying to wake me up. I decided to do so anyways and give the person an earful for even attempting to do this. I looked over behind me to see Yukito in a nurse's outfit, male kind. I sat up in surprise. He smiled at me. You know that's the first time I've ever seen him smile like that.

 

"You work here?" I asked.

 

"Only to help other people out. I heard you were here so I came as soon as my shift is almost over. I thought you could use a friend." He said while giving me a hug. I smiled weakly and returned his gesture. I doubt he knew what I had done. But I guess it's much better he didn't know.

 

"Are you feeling better?" he asked. I nodded.

 

"Yes, thank you. Could you stay a while? Just until I fall asleep?" I asked.

 

He thought for a moment before nodding and we talked about everything that seemed pointless but it was just to pass the time. Soon enough I fell to sleep with that nice conversation replaying in my head.

 

-------------------

 

They kept me in the hospital overnight. I still had to stay since they couldn't find a place for me where I would be safe and not hurt myself. I wonder why don't they just arrest me? My 'friends' wanted to visit me. I only let Hotaru and Setsuna in since it's them I trust much more than the others. I wouldn't even let Darien in. Yukito came in a while saying he was the nurse treating me. Well, in a way, he is making me feel a lot better.

 

I sat up as they came in. I gave them a small smile. They're probably wondering why I did this, though I know that the both of them already know since I told Hotaru and Setsuna could see in the future. It was silent around us again. Yukito's presence on the other side of the room is comforting. Hotaru came up to me and gave me a hug. I could always count on her for something. Even if she's a friend with Rini I think it's because to the dark and light connection we have. It was still silent between us. I was sure questions were running through both their minds now. But I have no answers for them.

 

"You realize what you're doing?" Setsuna asked me.

 

"Yes." I answered.

 

"Will it continue?"

 

"Maybe."

 

"Would you like me to seal the wound close princess?" Hotaru asked.

 

"It's okay. Don't waste your energy. There are other people out there who could use it." I gave her an apologetic smile. I really was sorry but I just couldn't. It was as if I was the only one existing in the world. It just happens to evolve around my powers.

 

"I understand." She said. I'm glad she does.

 

"Do you want to speak privately?" Setsuna asked.

 

"Yes. But later, please?" I pleaded.

 

"Alright. I'll be seeing you soon. I'll tell the others that you don't wish to be bothered."

 

They both left with only Yukito still standing on the other side of the wall. I looked at him and gave him a small smile. He walked over and stood by my side. I looked at the calendar and saw that it was already December 15. Wow, time sure flies.

 

"Hey, Yuki?" I began, "What do you want for Christmas?" I asked.

 

"Christmas?" he questioned. So he didn't know about this holiday? I wonder where he came from. Did they not celebrate this holiday? But I guess I have other things to teach him before… I'll not think about that right now.

 

"Christmas, it's when people give presents to other people and families enjoy time together for one night as if there are no problems on their shoulders. Where it's all about the family." He seemed to understand.

 

"But why? You just barely met me," he said.

 

"Because…you're a great friend. You were the only one who was honest to me. I wish that the others were like you too. And I just want to get you something. So tell me, deep inside your heart, what do you want as a gift?"

 

Yukito paused for a bit and thought. He didn't know. He didn't want his only friend to spend almost everything on him. Unlike him, she had family and they are much more important than he should ever be. Maybe wishes were the same thing?

 

"To live."

 

"Alright."

 

-------------------

 

I was finally released today. My mom signed out the papers so I could go. I sighed. I just hope that I don't get sent somewhere to a shrink. That would suck. I hate listening to them probably trying to make me talk so they just talk with their minds not their hearts. They can't see how to really help a patient.

 

"Serena, honey, the doctor said that you needed to be treated by another doctor. I…I hope you're not mad at us," Mother began. So I guess they did hire one.

 

"It's okay mother. I understand. I'll deal with it. After all doctors are there to make it all better," I said offering her a smile as we stepped into the house. My mom led me to the living room and who was sitting there was what surprised me the most.

 

"Serena, this is doctor Meioh. She was the best in the business and she'd be able to help you. Dr. Meioh, everything is all yours. I'll have some snacks if you wish." My mother said before heading to the kitchen.

 

"Can we talk privately?" I asked as I still stood there with an expressionless look on my face. Setsuna nodded and I led her to my room. Rini wasn't there so it was safe. I locked the door so no one would come in without knocking.

 

"Princess-" Setsuna began.

 

"No, don't speak. I have something to say." I said interrupting her. I have to do this. "I know exactly what you're going to say just please…for once…can I decide for myself? I made a promise and I intend to keep that promise. I know what he is and I know where he came from. I could feel it. My mother visited me last night in my dreams and told me. She said that I didn't have to do it but I have made my decision. Just wait for it, please?"

 

"I understand princess. If this is your wish, who am I to deny you. But you know, plenty of people will miss you." Setsuna said then began to walk out.

 

"Don't tell anyone. I…I don't want them to know."

 

-------------------

 

Normal POV

 

Yukito stared out at the sky. It was so clear. The stars were lighting up the sky as if in a huge hall of candles bringing light into the dark room.

 

He had no idea why he said that. She said okay. But it wasn't right of him to ask her about that. It was her life that she could live. She didn't need to waste it on him. Suddenly he saw a bright white light from behind him. He looked and saw a woman who looked exactly like Serena except with a crescent moon on the forehead and silver hair. He instantly stood up and got into a defensive stance. The woman just smiled.

 

"Please calm down. I am not here to hurt you." She said.

 

Yukito seemed to trust her and dropped his guard though it was still up incase of other things. He sat down cautiously.

 

"It's okay. I can understand. But know this…my son. There can never be two. One has to go the other is deciding to stay. She understands."

 

The woman said before disappearing after giving him a bright smile. Yukito stared dumbstruck at the spot she was at a moment ago. How the woman even knew what was going on was beyond him. Yet he couldn't help but feel guilty that Serena might actually go through with it.

 

It was time. The destined day. It was almost time for them to get it finished just like years ago, when he himself was on the losing end. This time he didn't know. They can only help but see.

 

TBC-------------

 

Kinshin: I'm sorry that this is such a short series. I was just trying something new. But don't worry. I'll make sure that when I come up with another one it'll be much longer than the one of Crimson Regret, for those of you who read it. Thanks for the visits and reviews!

 

Like it? Review!